|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Stevens get upset with Narcissa?
2. Where does Goodwin want his son to get a job?
3. Where does Benbow meet Temple?
4. Who tries to ask Eustace about the Goodwin case?
5. What does Temple do to hide her fear and pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Popeye refuse to drink?
2. How does this book end?
3. What does Temple do that makes Reba mad at her?
4. What does Snopes reveal about Temple’s situation?
5. What causes Snopes frustration when he learns about Miss Reba’s business?
6. How does Ruby try to protect Benbow’s reputation?
7. How does the author describe the scenery as Temple and Popeye drive away?
8. What shows Benbow that his sister will never lie to him?
9. What trouble does Miss Reba have in getting a doctor to tend to Temple?
10. How was Popeye different from other boys as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Reba has a very unique role in this plot. How would you describe this role, and what would have changed in the book without her?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Narcissa highly disapproves of Benbow’s actions in the book. Why does she feel this way, and what does she do about it?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)