|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Stevens get upset with Narcissa?
2. How did Eustace get his job?
3. What role does Temple serve at the trial?
4. What malady does Eustace have?
5. How long does it take the jury to find a verdict?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Narcissa visit Eustace, and what does she learn?
2. How does this book end?
3. How does Ruby try to protect Benbow’s reputation?
4. What causes Temple to come to Miss Reba’s without Popeye?
5. What does Benbow say in his letter to Belle’s father?
6. How does the author describe the scenery as Temple and Popeye drive away?
7. Why does Popeye refuse to drink?
8. How does Benbow feel after talking to Temple, and why?
9. What does Snopes reveal about Temple’s situation?
10. How Temple act when Benbow comes to see her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Reba has a very unique role in this plot. How would you describe this role, and what would have changed in the book without her?
Essay Topic 2
Goodwin sacrifices a lot for something he never had to and his reasons for this are never fully explained. Why do you think he took the fall the way he did?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Orson Scott Card have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)