|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Benbow buy information from?
2. What causes Reba to kick Popeye out of her home?
3. What is the main piece of evidence at the trial?
4. Where does Snopes complain about an accident he was in?
5. What was used to injure Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Popeye refuse to drink?
2. Why was Popeye sent to an institution as a child?
3. How does Benbow react when the trial is over?
4. How does Miss Reba get the doctor to come and tend to Temple?
5. Why does Temple need the care of a doctor?
6. Where does Popeye take Temple, and why?
7. Why have Stevens ended his relationship with Narcissa?
8. What does Snopes reveal about Temple’s situation?
9. What does Benbow say in his letter to Belle’s father?
10. How does Ruby try to protect Benbow’s reputation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Reba has a very unique role in this plot. How would you describe this role, and what would have changed in the book without her?
Essay Topic 2
Justice and Mercy are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 3
The importance and influence of family relations was a very strong theme present in this book. What are some of the instances of this theme, and which characters were most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)