|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Jenny say about men who drink?
2. Where does Goodwin die?
3. What does Benbow buy information about?
4. Who is Goodwin accused of killing?
5. When does Minnie complain most about men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Snopes complain about in the barbershop?
2. What causes Temple to come to Miss Reba’s without Popeye?
3. What does Temple do that makes Reba mad at her?
4. What trouble does Miss Reba have in getting a doctor to tend to Temple?
5. How Temple act when Benbow comes to see her?
6. What does Snopes reveal about Temple’s situation?
7. How does Goodwin feel about his likely death for a crime he is innocent of?
8. What kind of business does Miss Reba run?
9. How does this book end?
10. Why does Narcissa visit Eustace, and what does she learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ruby and Benbow have a very strange bond. What is this bond like and how did it come to be?
Essay Topic 2
Prohibition plays a huge role in this plot. What is Prohibition, and how did its inclusion in this plot make a difference?
Essay Topic 3
The importance and influence of family relations was a very strong theme present in this book. What are some of the instances of this theme, and which characters were most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)