|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benbow see Narcissa in Jefferson?
2. What does Temple do when Popeye gambles?
3. What ethnicity is Snopes?
4. Who is Goodwin accused of killing?
5. Where does Belle’s father live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Temple to come to Miss Reba’s without Popeye?
2. What are Benbow’s driving motives in his career?
3. What does Miss Reba say when she meets Temple?
4. What shows Benbow that his sister will never lie to him?
5. Why does Narcissa visit Eustace, and what does she learn?
6. How Temple act when Benbow comes to see her?
7. Why does Popeye refuse to drink?
8. Why was Popeye sent to an institution as a child?
9. What is Temple’s room in Miss Reba’s house like?
10. What does Benbow say in his letter to Belle’s father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Reba has a very unique role in this plot. How would you describe this role, and what would have changed in the book without her?
Essay Topic 2
Justice and Mercy are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 3
Goodwin sacrifices a lot for something he never had to and his reasons for this are never fully explained. Why do you think he took the fall the way he did?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)