|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benbow say he has to serve in this trial?
(b) His friend
(c) His pride
(d) His race
2. What does Benbow do when he gets home after the trial?
(a) Writes a letter
(b) Calls his stepdaughter
(c) Hugs his wife
3. What did Popeye hurt as a child?
(c) Other children
4. What is ironic about Reba kicking Popeye out of her home?
(a) She is in a relationship with him
(b) She runs a brothel
(c) She doesn't like Temple
(d) She is desperate for money
5. Why does Reba stay in the room while Benbow talks to Temple?
(a) To flirt
(b) To protect Temple
(c) All of the above
(d) To get information
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Benbow call as a witness in the trial?
2. Where does Goodwin want his son to get a job?
3. What is the worst night of the week for the men on the plantation?
4. What causes Temple pain while in the car?
5. What does Temple do to hide her fear and pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benbow react when the trial is over?
2. What are Benbow’s driving motives in his career?
3. What kind of business does Miss Reba run?
4. What does Snopes complain about in the barbershop?
5. Why does Popeye refuse to drink?
6. How does the author describe the scenery as Temple and Popeye drive away?
7. Why have Stevens ended his relationship with Narcissa?
8. How Temple act when Benbow comes to see her?
9. What shows Benbow that his sister will never lie to him?
10. What does Benbow say in his letter to Belle’s father?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)