|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Goodwin die?
(a) By the riverbanks
(b) The coffee shops
(c) In his prison cell
(d) Outside the courthouse
2. How is the road Temple drives along described?
3. What does Ruby think of men who drink?
(a) They should be shot
(b) They are sexy
(c) They are real men
(d) They are dangerous
4. Why does Narcissa write a secret letter?
(a) To change her father's will
(b) To save a marriage
(c) To get support for Benbow's trial
(d) To advance his career
5. How does Belle respond to seeing Benbow home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snopes call Benbow?
2. What position does Snopes hold?
3. How did Eustace get his job?
4. What is Temple’s favorite drink?
5. What does Ruby offer Benbow in payment for his work on the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benbow react when the trial is over?
2. How does Ruby try to protect Benbow’s reputation?
3. How does the author describe the scenery as Temple and Popeye drive away?
4. How does Eustace treat Ruby when they meet in court?
5. What does Temple do that makes Reba mad at her?
6. What causes Temple to come to Miss Reba’s without Popeye?
7. How does Benbow feel after talking to Temple, and why?
8. What causes Snopes frustration when he learns about Miss Reba’s business?
9. What does Snopes reveal about Temple’s situation?
10. How Temple act when Benbow comes to see her?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)