|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Goodwin die?
(a) The coffee shops
(b) Outside the courthouse
(c) In his prison cell
(d) By the riverbanks
2. Who does Narcissa write a secret letter to?
3. What is Reba’s job?
(a) She owns a prostitute house
(b) She is a teacher
(c) She is a nurse
(d) She is a landlady
4. What causes Temple pain while in the car?
(a) She hits her head
(b) The road is very bumpy
(c) She has rope bonds
(d) The seat belt is too tight
5. Where does Snopes complain about an accident he was in?
(a) The barbershop
(b) The bar
(c) The courtroom
(d) The prison
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the jury find Goodwin after the trial?
2. What does Temple do when Benbow meets her?
3. Who kills Goodwin?
4. What did Popeye hurt as a child?
5. Why does Ruby stay distant from Benbow in public?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple need the care of a doctor?
2. What does Miss Reba say when she meets Temple?
3. What causes Temple to come to Miss Reba’s without Popeye?
4. What causes Minnie to hate men?
5. What trouble does Miss Reba have in getting a doctor to tend to Temple?
6. What does Snopes complain about in the barbershop?
7. How does Eustace treat Ruby when they meet in court?
8. What kind of information does Benbow buy from Snopes, and why?
9. How Temple act when Benbow comes to see her?
10. How does Miss Reba get the doctor to come and tend to Temple?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)