|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Goodwin die?
(a) Outside the courthouse
(b) By the riverbanks
(c) The coffee shops
(d) In his prison cell
2. How is Snopes described?
3. Where was Tommy shot?
(a) The neck
(b) The stomach
(c) The head
(d) The back
4. Where does Benbow meet Temple?
(a) The courthouse
(b) The jail
(c) Miss Reba's house
(d) The plantation
5. What ethnicity is Snopes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Benbow about Stevens’s actions at the plantation?
2. Who is Goodwin accused of killing?
3. What causes Reba to kick Popeye out of her home?
4. When does Minnie complain most about men?
5. Why does the doctor initially refuse to come help Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Benbow’s driving motives in his career?
2. What does Temple do that makes Reba mad at her?
3. How was Popeye different from other boys as a child?
4. Why was Popeye sent to an institution as a child?
5. Why have Stevens ended his relationship with Narcissa?
6. What does Miss Reba say when she meets Temple?
7. Why does Temple need the care of a doctor?
8. What shows Benbow that his sister will never lie to him?
9. What trouble does Miss Reba have in getting a doctor to tend to Temple?
10. How does this book end?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)