|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Minnie work for?
2. What is the worst night of the week for the men on the plantation?
(d) None of the above
3. What position does Snopes hold?
4. What is ironic about Reba kicking Popeye out of her home?
(a) She doesn't like Temple
(b) She is desperate for money
(c) She is in a relationship with him
(d) She runs a brothel
5. What does Temple do to hide her fear and pain?
(a) She talks to Reba
(b) She drinks
(c) She goes for walks
(d) She cries
6. Who does Narcissa write a secret letter to?
7. What did Popeye hurt as a child?
(d) Other children
8. What was used to injure Temple?
(a) A corncob
(b) A hammer
(c) A shoe
(d) A whiskey bottle
9. How did Eustace get his job?
(a) He manipulated his way into it
(b) He earned it
(c) He inherited it
(d) He was pitied
10. What does Temple demand while talking to Benbow?
11. How long does it take the jury to find a verdict?
(a) 6 minutes
(b) 8 minutes
(c) 80 minutes
(d) 6 hours
12. How does Belle respond to seeing Benbow home?
13. Where does Snopes complain about an accident he was in?
(a) The courtroom
(b) The bar
(c) The prison
(d) The barbershop
14. Where does Temple sit while talking to Benbow?
(a) A closet
(b) A chair
(c) The floor
(d) Her bed
15. What is Eustace’s position?
(a) Attorney General
(b) Supreme Court Justice
(c) District Attorney
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Benbow to be interested in Temple?
2. Why does Snopes offer to help Benbow?
3. What is Reba’s last name?
4. When does Minnie complain most about men?
5. Where does Goodwin die?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)