|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Temple about Ruby?
(a) She wears a lot of make-up
(b) She seems to fancy Popeye
(c) She owns a whorehouse
(d) She is half-black, half-white
2. Who tries to ask Eustace about the Goodwin case?
3. How did Eustace get his job?
(a) He was pitied
(b) He inherited it
(c) He earned it
(d) He manipulated his way into it
4. What is the main piece of evidence at the trial?
(a) A sketch
(b) A bloody shirt
(c) A bullet
(d) A corn cob
5. Why does Benbow write to Belle’s father?
(a) To get support in the trial
(b) To ask for some money
(c) To find where she is
(d) To get a divorce
6. What does Temple do to hide her fear and pain?
(a) She goes for walks
(b) She cries
(c) She talks to Reba
(d) She drinks
7. What did Popeye hurt as a child?
(b) Other children
8. How does Belle respond to seeing Benbow home?
9. Why does Reba stay in the room while Benbow talks to Temple?
(a) All of the above
(b) To flirt
(c) To protect Temple
(d) To get information
10. Why does Ruby stay distant from Benbow in public?
(a) She is mad at him
(b) To protect Benbow's reputation
(c) So nobody notices her
(d) Goodwin asked her to
11. Where does Benbow see Narcissa in Jefferson?
(a) On the street
(b) In the library
(c) At a restaurant
(d) At the courthouse
12. What is Temple’s favorite drink?
13. What does Benbow say he has to serve in this trial?
(a) His pride
(b) His race
(c) His friend
14. What does Ruby offer Benbow in payment for his work on the case?
(a) Her body
(b) Her baby
(c) Some whiskey
(d) Some gin
15. What ethnicity is Snopes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benbow meet Temple?
2. Who arranges for Reba to help Temple?
3. What does Temple do when Popeye gambles?
4. What position does Snopes hold?
5. How does Goodwin choose his sentencing to happen?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)