|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Goodwin choose his sentencing to happen?
(a) As public as possible
(b) As slow as possible
(c) As fast as possible
(d) As private as possible
2. Where does Snopes complain about an accident he was in?
(a) The prison
(b) The barbershop
(c) The courtroom
(d) The bar
3. How does Goodwin die?
(a) His burned
(b) His is hung
(c) He is shot
(d) He kills himself
4. Where was Tommy shot?
(a) The back
(b) The stomach
(c) The head
(d) The neck
5. How was Popeye different from other children?
(a) He has few emotions
(b) All of the above
(c) He was small
(d) He didn't speak
6. What did Popeye hurt as a child?
(d) Other children
7. What gets hurt in Snopes’s accident?
(a) His chest
(b) His leg
(c) His face
(d) His arm
8. Who tries to ask Eustace about the Goodwin case?
9. Who does Benbow ask Temple about?
(a) Little Belle
10. What is Goodwin’s first name?
11. What does Temple do that makes the driver of the car angry?
(b) Talks about what happened
(d) Tries to leave
12. Why does Benbow write to Belle’s father?
(a) To find where she is
(b) To get a divorce
(c) To ask for some money
(d) To get support in the trial
13. What does Snopes call Benbow?
14. How does Benbow respond to what Ruby offers in payment for his work on the case?
(a) He gives payment to someone else
(b) He accepts
(c) He refuses
(d) He asks for more
15. What happens when Ruby is called to the stand?
(a) She is too scared to speak
(b) She tells a lie
(c) She faints
(d) She is discredited
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Reba to help Temple?
2. What worries Temple in the car ride leaving the plantation?
3. What does Reba congratulate Temple for?
4. When does Minnie complain most about men?
5. What does Ruby think of men who drink?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)