|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reba’s last name?
2. How did Eustace get his job?
(a) He manipulated his way into it
(b) He was pitied
(c) He earned it
(d) He inherited it
3. Who tells Benbow about Stevens’s actions at the plantation?
4. What malady does Eustace have?
(a) Club foot
(b) Lazy eye
(c) Cleft palate
(d) Deaf ear
5. Where does Belle’s father live?
(b) North Carolina
(d) South Carolina
6. What is Temple’s last name?
7. Why does Reba stay in the room while Benbow talks to Temple?
(a) All of the above
(b) To get information
(c) To protect Temple
(d) To flirt
8. What does Eustace say will help Benbow with his case?
(a) If Temple testifies
(b) If Goodwin answers questions
(c) If it goes fast
(d) If he drops it
9. Where does Goodwin die?
(a) In his prison cell
(b) By the riverbanks
(c) The coffee shops
(d) Outside the courthouse
10. How long does it take the jury to find a verdict?
(a) 6 hours
(b) 80 minutes
(c) 6 minutes
(d) 8 minutes
11. How much advance payment does Snopes give Reba?
(a) 3 weeks
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 4 weeks
(d) 1 week
12. How is Snopes described?
13. What is ironic about Reba kicking Popeye out of her home?
(a) She is desperate for money
(b) She is in a relationship with him
(c) She runs a brothel
(d) She doesn't like Temple
14. What ethnicity is Snopes?
15. Why does Snopes offer to help Benbow?
(a) Snopes wants money
(b) Snopes is in debt to Benbow
(c) They are good friends
(d) Benbow is in trouble
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Temple’s room filled with when Benbow is there?
2. Why can’t Eustace talk about the Goodwin case?
3. Where does Benbow meet Temple?
4. What does Snopes call Benbow?
5. What does Benbow buy information about?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)