|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Snopes complain about an accident he was in?
(a) The prison
(b) The barbershop
(c) The courtroom
(d) The bar
2. What does Snopes call Benbow?
3. What is Goodwin’s first name?
4. How much advance payment does Snopes give Reba?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 1 week
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 4 weeks
5. Why does Ruby stay distant from Benbow in public?
(a) To protect Benbow's reputation
(b) So nobody notices her
(c) She is mad at him
(d) Goodwin asked her to
6. What does Benbow complain is controlling his life while Goodwin is in jail?
(a) His past
(b) The case
(c) His morals
7. Why does the doctor initially refuse to come help Temple?
(a) Her injury is not serious
(b) It is Sunday
(c) She is with Miss Reba
(d) She is black
8. Where does Goodwin want his son to get a job?
(a) The university
(b) The newspaper
(c) The Capitol
(d) The docks
9. Where does Benbow see Narcissa in Jefferson?
(a) At the courthouse
(b) In the library
(c) On the street
(d) At a restaurant
10. Where does Miss Reba live?
11. How is the road Temple drives along described?
12. What malady does Eustace have?
(a) Lazy eye
(b) Club foot
(c) Cleft palate
(d) Deaf ear
13. Who does Benbow buy information from?
14. What is Temple’s room filled with when Benbow is there?
(c) Fancy items
(d) Empty bottles
15. How long does it take the jury to find a verdict?
(a) 6 minutes
(b) 80 minutes
(c) 6 hours
(d) 8 minutes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reba’s last name?
2. Where does Benbow meet Temple?
3. What is Temple’s last name?
4. Who kills Goodwin?
5. What does Benbow call his stepdaughter?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)