|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Old Frenchman Place?
(a) A hotel
(b) A school
(c) A plantation
(d) A halfway house
2. Where is Temple going to school?
3. Who does Goodwin tell to mind his own business at the Frenchman Place?
4. What was Benbow’s wife wearing without permission?
(d) Low-cut tops
5. What do college boys make Stevens drink?
(a) Hair oil
(b) Motor oil
6. What is Benbow carrying that Popeye is curious about?
(a) A knife
(b) A mirror
(c) A picture
(d) A book
7. Where does Benbow’s wife live?
8. What is Ruby’s job?
9. Where does Temple spend time with Ruby in Chapter 7?
(a) The loft
(b) The kitchen
(c) The patio
(d) The barn
10. What does Tommy say Popeye is afraid of?
(a) His shadow
(b) His mind
(c) His past
(d) His feelings
11. How does Tommy’s animal die?
(a) It is shot
(b) It gets attacked
(c) It is run over
(d) It gets sick
12. Why does Benbow quiz Popeye about an animal?
(a) To change the subject
(b) To satisfy curiosity
(c) To keep up conversation
(d) To prove his intelligence
13. How is Narcissa related to Benbow?
(a) She is his aunt
(b) She is his sister
(c) She is his stepsister
(d) She is his cousin
14. Where does Popeye find Temple at the plantation?
(a) The barn
(b) The car
(c) The kitchen
(d) The parlor
15. What does Stevens hit when he gets in an accident?
(a) A tree
(b) A pedestrian
(c) A stalled car
(d) A fence
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Temple a ride to leave the plantation?
2. What is swollen on Stevens when he wakes up at the Frenchman Place?
3. Who stops the fight with Popeye at the Frenchman Place?
4. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he owns?
5. How many brothers does Temple have?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)