|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stevens most embarrassed about after leaving Taylor?
(a) Throwing up
(b) Losing a fight
(c) Forcing himself on Temple
(d) Passing out
2. What does Ruby warn Temple of at the Frenchman Place?
(a) The men
(b) The water
(c) The food
(d) The animals
3. What is swollen on Stevens when he wakes up at the Frenchman Place?
(a) His cheek
(b) His lip
(c) All of the above
(d) His eye
4. What does Temple’s father do for a living?
(a) He is a priest
(b) He is a professor
(c) He is a judge
(d) He is a policeman
5. Why does Temple lay her dress out at night?
(a) She saw this in a movie once
(b) It needs to dry
(c) So it won't get wrinkled
(d) That is what Ruby told her to do
6. What makes Miss Jenny angry about Goodwin’s case?
(a) He is not paying Benbow
(b) He is lying to Ruby
(c) He has no evidence
(d) He isn't speaking
7. What does Tommy do while in the barn?
(a) The car
(b) The parlor
(c) The kitchen
(d) The barn
8. What does Narcissa worry Benbow is risking by helping Ruby?
(a) His religion
(b) His education
(c) His marriage
(d) His career
9. Who does Goodwin tell to mind his own business at the Frenchman Place?
10. How old is Narcissa’s son?
11. What animal does Benbow quiz Popeye about?
(a) A dog
(b) A raccoon
(c) A bird
(d) A deer
12. What is the worst insult Ruby gives Temple?
13. What do college boys make Stevens drink?
(a) Motor oil
(b) Hair oil
14. Who takes Temple out of the dangerous room at night in the Frenchman Place?
(a) A corn crib
(b) The still room
(c) Ruby's room
(d) The bathtub
15. What kind of man does Narcissa like to date?
(a) Younger men
(b) Older men
(c) Rich men
(d) Dangerous men
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has dumped Narcissa?
2. What is Benbow carrying that Popeye is curious about?
3. Why does Ruby say she hasn’t returned to Memphis?
4. How does Temple feel when she wakes up at the plantation?
5. What are the college boys mad at Stevens about?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)