|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fights with Popeye at the Frenchman Place?
2. Who offers to legally represent Goodwin?
(b) Temple's father
3. Who does Goodwin tell to mind his own business at the Frenchman Place?
4. What is Goodwin arrested for?
(b) Selling alcohol
(c) All of these
5. Who takes Temple out of the dangerous room at night in the Frenchman Place?
(a) Ruby's room
(b) The bathtub
(c) The still room
(d) A corn crib
6. What does Temple’s father do for a living?
(a) He is a priest
(b) He is a policeman
(c) He is a professor
(d) He is a judge
7. What is Tommy teased about by the others?
(a) He is smaller than the other men
(b) He doesn't drink alcohol
(c) He is a virgin
(d) He is dimwitted
8. How does Temple feel when she wakes up at the plantation?
9. What kind of animal sleeps near Temple at the Frenchman Place?
(a) A rat
(b) A hen
(c) A cat
(d) A pig
10. Who does Narcissa demand be removed from her house?
(a) Miss Jenny
11. What is Ruby’s job?
12. Where does Popeye find Temple at the plantation?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The parlor
(c) The barn
(d) The car
13. What makes Goodwin so hard to defend?
(a) He is very ill
(b) His story keeps changing
(c) He has a bad reputation
(d) He refuses to talk
14. What do college boys make Stevens drink?
(a) Hair oil
(c) Motor oil
15. What kind of animal does Tommy own?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Popeye meet Benbow?
2. Where does Ruby go to think after her confrontation with Goodwin?
3. What does Ruby yell at Temple for?
4. Where does Ruby have a confrontation with Goodwin?
5. What ruins Stevens’s clothes while at the Frenchman Place?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)