|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Narcissa worry Benbow is risking by helping Ruby?
(a) His education
(b) His religion
(c) His marriage
(d) His career
2. Who does Goodwin tell to mind his own business at the Frenchman Place?
3. What is Tommy teased about by the others?
(a) He is dimwitted
(b) He is smaller than the other men
(c) He is a virgin
(d) He doesn't drink alcohol
4. Who tells Ruby to call the Sheriff?
5. What is Benbow carrying that Popeye is curious about?
(a) A book
(b) A knife
(c) A mirror
(d) A picture
6. Where does Temple spend time with Ruby in Chapter 7?
(a) The loft
(b) The barn
(c) The patio
(d) The kitchen
7. Who does Ruby say does the most practical work in the world?
(a) Educated men
8. Where does Ruby see Popeye with Temple?
(a) In the yard
(b) At the house
(c) At the stream
(d) In the car
9. Why does Ruby say Temple is safe from Goodwin?
(a) She is too loose
(b) She is too poor
(c) She is too young
(d) She is too prim
10. What is swollen on Stevens when he wakes up at the Frenchman Place?
(a) His cheek
(b) All of the above
(c) His eye
(d) His lip
11. Who offers to legally represent Goodwin?
(a) Temple's father
12. What does Popeye call Benbow when introducing him at the Frenchman Place?
13. What are the college boys mad at Stevens about?
(a) He is dating Temple
(b) He wrote a bad story about them
(c) He has more money than they do
(d) He is black
14. What does Ruby take with her when she goes somewhere after her confrontation with Goodwin?
(a) Her baby
(b) Her bloomers
(c) Her money
(d) Her knife
15. Who takes Temple out of the dangerous room at night in the Frenchman Place?
(a) The bathtub
(b) Ruby's room
(c) The still room
(d) A corn crib
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ruby stay while Goodwin is in prison?
2. How does Goodwin make money?
3. Why does Ruby say she hasn’t returned to Memphis?
4. What was Benbow’s wife wearing without permission?
5. What makes Miss Jenny angry about Goodwin’s case?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)