|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people is Ruby discriminative of?
(a) Stupid people
(b) Rich people
(c) Poor people
(d) Black people
2. Who has dumped Narcissa?
3. Where did Stevens attend college?
4. What is swollen on Stevens when he wakes up at the Frenchman Place?
(a) His eye
(b) All of the above
(c) His lip
(d) His cheek
5. Why does Ruby say Temple is safe from Goodwin?
(a) She is too loose
(b) She is too poor
(c) She is too prim
(d) She is too young
6. What does Benbow say nature must be?
7. What does Stevens do at the Frenchman Place that bothers Temple?
(a) He gets in a fight
(b) He cusses
(c) He gets drunk
(d) He yells at the women
8. What do college boys make Stevens drink?
(c) Hair oil
(d) Motor oil
9. What causes Ruby to try and help with the case?
(a) The still is destroyed
(b) There is a riot
(c) Goodwin cries
(d) Her baby gets sick
10. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he owns?
(a) Rent it
(b) Fix it
(c) Sell it
(d) Live in it
11. How many times does Stevens get drunk after leaving Taylor?
12. What kind of animal sleeps near Temple at the Frenchman Place?
(a) A hen
(b) A cat
(c) A rat
(d) A pig
13. How many brothers does Temple have?
14. What is Tommy teased about by the others?
(a) He is dimwitted
(b) He doesn't drink alcohol
(c) He is a virgin
(d) He is smaller than the other men
15. How does Goodwin make money?
(a) He is a farmer
(b) He makes alcohol
(c) He runs a halfway house
(d) He hides runaways
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stevens most embarrassed about after leaving Taylor?
2. What are the college boys mad at Stevens about?
3. Where is Temple’s younger brother attending school?
4. Where does Benbow’s wife live?
5. Where does Ruby stay while Goodwin is in prison?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)