|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
2. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
3. Why did Ron tell Denver that he did not feel right about having a building named after Deborah?
4. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
5. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Denver was a boy, a fire broke out that killed Big Mama and Cousin Chook. Shortly thereafter, Denver's father, BB, was stabbed to death, and Uncle James died a short time later.
Part 1. Explain how so much loss at a young age impacted Denver as a grown man. What fears and insecurities did he have as a result?
Part 2. How do you think Denver's life might have been different if Big Mama had survived the fire?
Part 3. Deborah's death was especially hard on Denver. What did Denver wonder about God when Deborah was taken away from him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the circumstances under which Ron learned that President Kennedy had been shot. Where was he? What was he doing? How did he hear the news?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Denver met Mr. Ballantine and how Mr. Ballantine treated Denver when they first met. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him into a public nursing home, and how did Denver continue to look after him while he was there? What reason did Denver have for treating this man so kindly?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)