|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear of Denver's did he overcome at the Cowboy Spring Gathering?
2. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
3. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
4. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
5. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Ron and Denver. Find two similarities and two differences. Do you think they would have been friends as children, had they met at a young age?
Essay Topic 2
When Denver was a boy, a fire broke out that killed Big Mama and Cousin Chook. Shortly thereafter, Denver's father, BB, was stabbed to death, and Uncle James died a short time later.
Part 1. Explain how so much loss at a young age impacted Denver as a grown man. What fears and insecurities did he have as a result?
Part 2. How do you think Denver's life might have been different if Big Mama had survived the fire?
Part 3. Deborah's death was especially hard on Denver. What did Denver wonder about God when Deborah was taken away from him?
Essay Topic 3
Deborah worked at the mission because she felt that God wanted her there, but Ron had different reasons.
Part 1. Explain the circumstances in the lives of Deborah and Ron led Ron to come work at the mission.
Part 2. Why did Ron decide to join Deborah in her volunteer work? Explain.
Part 3. Describe how and why the friendship between Denver and Ron began soon after Ron started to volunteer at the mission. Who encouraged this friendship?
This section contains 1,577 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)