|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Deborah insist upon doing when Denver failed to arrive on time in Colorado?
2. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
3. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
4. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
5. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Deborah and Denver had a premonition about the other. What was Deborah's premonition about Denver that she experienced in a dream? What was Denver's premonition about Deborah before she became ill? Did either of their premonitions come true?
Essay Topic 2
Both Ron and Denver must overcome issues and preconceived notions about certain kinds of people in order for their friendship to begin and to thrive as it does.
Part 1. Explain the ideas that Ron had about homeless people and give an example of why he might have felt this way.
Part 2. Explain Denver's ideas about white men and give an example of why he might have felt this way.
Part 3. Describe how Denver and Ron developed a mutual trust and respect for each other that changed how they each felt about white men and colored men.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Ron and Denver. Find two similarities and two differences. Do you think they would have been friends as children, had they met at a young age?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)