|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
2. After returning from Colorado, why did Denver not want to accept money from Ron?
3. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
4. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
5. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the circumstances under which Ron learned that President Kennedy had been shot. Where was he? What was he doing? How did he hear the news?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Denver met Mr. Ballantine and how Mr. Ballantine treated Denver when they first met. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him into a public nursing home, and how did Denver continue to look after him while he was there? What reason did Denver have for treating this man so kindly?
Essay Topic 3
After Denver escaped the plantation on a freight train, he wandered for several years before ending up homeless on the streets of Fort Worth and eventually arriving at the Union Gospel Mission.
Part 1. Explain the "hobo code of honor" and how Denver ended up with a car because of it. For what purpose did Denver use the car?
Part 2. Under what conditions did Denver finally accept a bed at the mission?
Part 3. Explain what and where The Lot was. What did the mission volunteers do there?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)