|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where did Ron and Denver take a trip together?
2. What building did Denver show Ron, to which Ron responded that it was worse than he imagined?
3. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
4. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
5. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Denver met Mr. Ballantine and how Mr. Ballantine treated Denver when they first met. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him into a public nursing home, and how did Denver continue to look after him while he was there? What reason did Denver have for treating this man so kindly?
Essay Topic 2
Both Ron and Denver must overcome issues and preconceived notions about certain kinds of people in order for their friendship to begin and to thrive as it does.
Part 1. Explain the ideas that Ron had about homeless people and give an example of why he might have felt this way.
Part 2. Explain Denver's ideas about white men and give an example of why he might have felt this way.
Part 3. Describe how Denver and Ron developed a mutual trust and respect for each other that changed how they each felt about white men and colored men.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Deborah's funeral and memorial service. What did Denver do after Deborah was buried in a plain pine casket? When Denver spoke at Deborah's memorial service, how was it out of character for him to do so? What did he say about Deborah? What did he announce that he was going to do in her memory?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)