Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
2. What did Deborah do, despite the doctor's opinion?
3. For what did Denver pray all night?
4. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
5. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Ron and Denver. Find two similarities and two differences. Do you think they would have been friends as children, had they met at a young age?
Essay Topic 2
At age 18, Denver worked for the Man, but surveyed his lifestyle and decided he lived "high on the hog."
Part 1. Explain what "high on the hog" means and give an example.
Part 2. Explain what Denver had. Did he actually own these things?
Part 3. If Denver was living "high on the hog," why do you think he eventually escaped on the freight train?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Denver met Mr. Ballantine and how Mr. Ballantine treated Denver when they first met. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him into a public nursing home, and how did Denver continue to look after him while he was there? What reason did Denver have for treating this man so kindly?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)