|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
(a) To talk to her and to God.
(b) To cry.
(c) To keep watch.
(d) To rage at God.
2. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) A vision of Deborah's mother.
(b) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(c) A choir of angels singing.
(d) Jesus, angels and lightning.
3. For whom did Denver pray all night?
(d) Sister Bettie.
4. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
(b) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(c) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
(d) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
5. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
(a) That Ron would never return his friendship.
(b) That another person close to him would die.
(c) That he would soon lose his job as a volunteer.
(d) That he would be homeless again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
2. Why did Ron leave the hospital room when he brought Denver to visit Mr. Ballantine?
3. What was the name of Deborah's palomino pony that came to the funeral?
4. What good news for Deborah did her family consider a Christmas present?
5. For what did Denver pray all night?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)