|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron tell Denver that he did not feel right about having a building named after Deborah?
(a) Because she did not deserve it.
(b) Because she would not have liked to draw attention to herself.
(c) Because Ron wanted to privately memorialize her.
(d) Because Ron felt the city could not afford the costs of the building.
2. What building did Denver show Ron, to which Ron responded that it was worse than he imagined?
(a) Denver's family home.
(b) The house of the Man.
(c) The Union Gospel Mission.
(d) Denver's shack.
3. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
(a) That he would soon lose his job as a volunteer.
(b) That another person close to him would die.
(c) That he would be homeless again.
(d) That Ron would never return his friendship.
4. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) Up in a tree.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) By the dumpster.
(d) At Starbucks.
5. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
(b) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(c) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(d) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "Manna" to Denver?
2. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
3. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
4. What favor for Denver did Ron request of a friend in Baton Rouge?
5. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)