|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
(b) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
(c) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
(d) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
2. How did Denver feel about sleeping in a room in Ron's house?
(a) He felt like he finally had a home.
(b) He felt like Ron did not want him there.
(c) He was not as comfortable with Ron as he was with Deborah.
(d) He felt like he belonged elsewhere.
3. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Ron had an affair.
(c) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
(d) Deborah had an affair.
4. What building did Denver show Ron, to which Ron responded that it was worse than he imagined?
(a) The house of the Man.
(b) Denver's shack.
(c) Denver's family home.
(d) The Union Gospel Mission.
5. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver at first?
(a) He thought Denver was a thief.
(b) He declared that Denver was his guardian angel.
(c) He cursed him and called him a "nigger."
(d) He was terrified of Denver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Deborah buried?
2. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
3. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
4. When Deborah bumped into an old friend from college while shopping, what caused her to return home, crying, with no packages?
5. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)