|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron leave the hospital room when he brought Denver to visit Mr. Ballantine?
(a) The room smelled bad.
(b) The image of Mr. Ballantine sick in bed was too much for him.
(c) Mr. Ballantine's screams were frightening.
(d) Mr. Ballantine yelled at him to leave.
2. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He was brought by the police.
(b) He was dragged there by Denver.
(c) He was pushed out of a car.
(d) He wandered there on foot.
3. Why did Ron tell Denver that he did not feel right about having a building named after Deborah?
(a) Because she did not deserve it.
(b) Because Ron wanted to privately memorialize her.
(c) Because she would not have liked to draw attention to herself.
(d) Because Ron felt the city could not afford the costs of the building.
4. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
5. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
(a) That she was already gone.
(b) That she wasn't leaving until her work was done.
(c) That she could go in peace.
(d) That he must go to her side.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
2. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
3. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
4. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
5. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)