|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ron aggravated at Denver for sleeping all day after Deborah's surgery?
(a) He did not know that Denver had cancer.
(b) He thought Denver was wasting his life.
(c) He was paying him and felt cheated.
(d) He did not know Denver was up praying all night.
2. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
(a) The liver.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) Marriage counseling.
(d) The heart.
3. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver at first?
(a) He cursed him and called him a "nigger."
(b) He thought Denver was a thief.
(c) He was terrified of Denver.
(d) He declared that Denver was his guardian angel.
4. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
(b) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(c) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
(d) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
5. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
(a) Because Denver could not read the highway signs.
(b) Because Ron did not trust Denver.
(c) Because Ron was controlling.
(d) Because Denver was afraid of becoming lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Denver pray all night?
2. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
3. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
4. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
5. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)