|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
(a) The mission volunteers.
(b) State leaders.
(c) Foreign investors.
(d) Local billionaires.
2. Where did Deborah first meet Denver?
(a) At the mission.
(b) At the Red River Parish.
(c) At the Lot.
(d) At Starbucks.
3. What affliction affected Ron's father when Ron was a child?
(a) He became an alcoholic.
(b) He lost an arm in a machinery accident.
(c) He became deaf.
(d) He suffered a head injury and lost his memory.
4. What did Deborah tell Ron she saw in a dream?
(a) The face of a man who would save the city.
(b) Instructions from God to go volunteer with the needy.
(c) A woman called Big Mama who would help Denver.
(d) Her son in heaven.
5. What was the name of Denver's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Denver feel about Deborah when he met her?
2. In Chapter 13, Denver looked back on life as a sharecropper. How did he feel at age 18 in a 2-room shack with a bed, table, stove and an outhouse?
3. Who did Big Mama and PawPaw raise as their own?
4. What family pet woke Li'l Buddy one night and alerted him to danger in the house?
5. When Ron sold two valuable paintings in the mid-1970s, where did he and his wife go to socialize with multimillionaire clients for a month?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did people at the mission band together to help Deborah after her cancer surgery?
2. Explain how Ron and Deborah used $10,000 in 1975 from the sale of a valuable Renoir painting.
3. Describe two major events for Ron and Denver that took place after Deborah's death.
4. What chain of events in Fort Worth lead Denver to come stay at the Union Gospel Mission?
5. Explain Deborah and Ron's differing reasons for becoming volunteers at the Union Gospel Mission.
6. When Ron and Denver traveled to Red River Parish and Denver asked Ron to drive to the plantation where Denver used to live, how did Ron react to seeing Denver's 2-room shack, and how did Denver feel about seeing it again?
7. Describe the honest mistake Ron made in second grade and how his teacher, Miss Poe, reacted.
8. At the end of the book, where did Ron go to live and why, and why did Denver come with him?
9. When Denver failed to arrive in Colorado on time, what thoughts and fears plagued Ron?
10. For the Colorado trip, Ron trusted Denver but feared he might not return. Describe the valuable items with which Denver was entrusted.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)