|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the facility where Ron and his wife volunteered their time?
(a) The Red River Parish.
(b) The Union Gospel Mission.
(c) The First Church of Denver.
(d) The Salvation Army.
2. Looking back as an adult on the scene with the cruel teacher from his youth, how does Ron feel?
3. How did Denver's father die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He was dragged to death behind a horse.
(c) He was stabbed to death.
(d) He died of alcohol poisoning.
4. When the Falcon jet landed, what happened to Ron?
(a) He was robbed by three homeless men who beat him and stole $100,000 in cash.
(b) He made $100,000 on the sale of three paintings and attended a luncheon in his honor.
(c) He sold the Falcon jet to a wealthy client and made his first fortune.
(d) He drove to his former teacher's house to confront her about her cruelty years ago.
5. Who encouraged Ron and Denver to become friends?
(a) Brother Bill.
(c) Chef Jim.
(d) Sister Bettie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what social class was Ron a member while growing up?
2. Denver recalled stories from his childhood about black men being fed to a gator for doing what?
3. Who was supposed to receive the Dixie cup Ron handed to his teacher by mistake?
4. Before the boys who nearly killed Denver spotted him near the vehicle, what did they ask the white woman?
5. What was the name of the neighborhood in which Ron opened an art gallery in Fort Worth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Denver felt about Deborah's illness and why it reminded him of his past.
2. While Deborah was in the final days of her life and in terrible pain, what message from God did Denver deliver to Ron?
3. After Ron and Denver became friends, Denver shared a fear about Deborah with Ron. What was his fear?
4. Explain what Ron learned about Deborah's health during a phone call he received while having lunch with his daughter, Regan.
5. Normally soft-spoken, explain how Denver defied his usual custom of keeping to himself at the memorial service for Deborah that was attended by a thousand people.
6. Explain how Denver went about keeping an all-night prayer vigil for Deborah and tell how Ron reacted to the news that Denver was sleeping during the following day.
7. At one time in each of their lives, both Ron and Denver considered themselves to be living "high on the hog," or living a very comfortable life, though their circumstances were vastly different. How were their "high on the hog" lifestyles different?
8. When half a million dollars was given to the mission, how did Mary Ellen credit Deborah and what was done with the money?
9. What new mission did Denver feel called to pursue as Deborah lay dying?
10. Explain the chain of events in Chapter 2: Ron that begin with Ron boarding a private jet and end with Ron attending a luncheon in his honor.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)