|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ron do for a living before becoming a successful and wealthy art dealer?
(a) He was a postal worker.
(b) He was an artist who could not sell his work.
(c) He was an art teacher.
(d) He was an investment banker.
2. What is the name of the facility where Ron and his wife volunteered their time?
(a) The Red River Parish.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) The Union Gospel Mission.
(d) The First Church of Denver.
3. Where did Ron endure his teacher's cruel punishment?
(a) At his teacher's home.
(b) On the stage of the school auditorium.
(c) On the playground.
(d) In the principal's office.
4. Who helped Deborah plan special events for the needy?
(a) Brother Bill.
(c) Mary Ellen.
5. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
(a) Three Monet landscapes.
(b) Two rare Picasso sculptures.
(c) Three Georgia O'Keefe paintings.
(d) $100,000 in cash and two bars of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state is the plantation that Denver worked as a teenager?
2. With what problem did Denver help the white woman who was stranded with her vehicle on the side of the road?
3. What did Chef Jim receive for his cooking?
4. When Ron sold two valuable paintings in the mid-1970s, where did he and his wife go to socialize with multimillionaire clients for a month?
5. What did the needy have to sit through in order to receive a free dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Denver's encounter with the white woman with a flat tire impact his life?
2. How and why did Ron dress differently from his peers in college?
3. Describe Denver's first impression of Deborah and how he felt about the mission until he met her.
4. After Deborah was given only weeks to live, why did Denver say that Deborah "ain't goin nowhere"?
5. Explain how Denver went about keeping an all-night prayer vigil for Deborah and tell how Ron reacted to the news that Denver was sleeping during the following day.
6. Explain how and where Ron learned that President Kennedy had been shot.
7. Describe how Ron felt when he looks back on Miss Poe's punishment 26 years earlier?
8. Why did Denver hop on a freight train and flee the plantation?
9. How did Denver learn of Deborah's illness?
10. Explain the chain of events in Chapter 2: Ron that begin with Ron boarding a private jet and end with Ron attending a luncheon in his honor.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)