|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family pet woke Li'l Buddy one night and alerted him to danger in the house?
(b) Pot-bellied pig.
2. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
(a) Local billionaires.
(b) Foreign investors.
(c) State leaders.
(d) The mission volunteers.
3. Of what social class was Ron a member while growing up?
(a) Lower-middle class.
(b) Upper-middle class.
(c) Blue-collar middle class.
(d) Upper class.
4. What was the name of Denver's father?
5. How did the white boys who attacked Denver nearly kill him?
(a) They beat him with baseball bats.
(b) They wrestled him and tried to strangle him.
(c) They tried to run him over with their car.
(d) They roped his neck and attempted to drag him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the account of Denver's life on the cotton fields in Chapter 1: Denver, what things could Denver claim he actually owned on the plantation?
2. Why did Ron's upscale art gallery in Fort Worth not post the prices of the paintings they had for sale?
3. How did Denver's father die?
4. From where was Denver returning when he spotted the white woman with car trouble on the side of the road?
5. How many boys were there in the group that nearly killed Denver?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Denver come to work as a sharecropper and who was responsible for his involvement?
2. Explain the circumstances that lead to the death of Big Mama and Cousin Chook when Denver was a boy.
3. Explain why Denver's upbringing and level of education might have made it difficult for him to start a new life away from the plantation.
4. What dream did Deborah have that she told Ron about?
5. Describe Deborah's first impression of Denver.
6. Describe Ron's and Deborah's 31st wedding anniversary when Deborah was dying of cancer.
7. When Ron and Denver traveled to Red River Parish and Denver asked Ron to drive to the plantation where Denver used to live, how did Ron react to seeing Denver's 2-room shack, and how did Denver feel about seeing it again?
8. Explain the chain of events in Chapter 2: Ron that begin with Ron boarding a private jet and end with Ron attending a luncheon in his honor.
9. Explain why Denver's trip with Ron to the annual Cowboy Spring Gathering was a turning point in Denver's life in which he overcame a life-long fear.
10. Describe how Ron felt about urban development as he flew over the city in Chapter 2: Ron, and saw the groundwork for new buildings that would force the homeless to be relocated.
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)