|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what danger did the family pet alert Li'l Buddy?
(a) A car that had crashed through the kitchen.
(b) An explosion in the kitchen.
(c) Leaking gas.
(d) A fire.
2. Same Kind of Different as Me is what type of book?
(a) Romantic fiction.
(b) Non-fiction biography.
(c) Historical fiction.
(d) Non-fiction autobiography.
3. For what reasons did Ron decide that Granddaddy was "the Man"?
(a) He was in debt at the company store and could not make a profit on his land.
(b) Because Uncle James told him so.
(c) He came from "old money."
(d) He hired blacks and whites to work for him, but fed the whites at the farmhouse and the blacks at the grocery store.
4. Why did Ron's upscale art gallery in Fort Worth not post the prices of the paintings they had for sale?
(a) It was considered inappropriate to post prices on very expensive art.
(b) The prices were negotiable and buyers always bargained with sellers of fine art.
(c) Greasy, smelly homeless people wandered the area.
(d) Ron believed it was bad luck to post price tags on the paintings.
5. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
(a) He had sympathy because he used to be homeless.
(b) He was grateful that there were no homeless people begging on the streets of Fort Worth.
(c) He was pleased that the city was moving the homeless so they would not bother him anymore.
(d) He was heartbroken for the future of the homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ron endure his teacher's cruel punishment?
2. How did Denver feel about Deborah when he met her?
3. What does "the Man" mean?
4. Before meeting Deborah, when was the last time Denver spoke to a white woman?
5. How is Ron's mother described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Denver's encounter with the white woman with a flat tire impact his life?
2. Describe how Rocky, Deborah's palomino pony, was used during Deborah's funeral and what Denver did after the ceremony was completed.
3. Explain why Denver's name being on the Invited Guests list at The Worthington Hotel was a monumental moment for Denver.
4. At the end of the book, where did Ron go to live and why, and why did Denver come with him?
5. What did Denver think of Deborah Hall the first time he met her?
6. Describe how Ron felt about urban development as he flew over the city in Chapter 2: Ron, and saw the groundwork for new buildings that would force the homeless to be relocated.
7. When half a million dollars was given to the mission, how did Mary Ellen credit Deborah and what was done with the money?
8. Describe the condition of Hershalee's house and what happened there when Ron and Denver visited it together.
9. Explain the conflict over white women between the "good ole' boys" and black men during the time that Denver was growing up in Louisiana.
10. What happened to Ron's art gallery in Chapter 2: Ron that confirmed his negative attitude toward the homeless?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)