|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys were there in the group that nearly killed Denver?
2. What affliction affected Ron's father when Ron was a child?
(a) He lost an arm in a machinery accident.
(b) He became deaf.
(c) He suffered a head injury and lost his memory.
(d) He became an alcoholic.
3. During what era did Ron attend school and receive an unjust punishment for his honest mistake?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1940s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1970s.
4. During Ron's punishment from the mean teacher, what caused half of the chalk circle to disappear?
(a) Ron's hands.
(b) The rain.
(c) Help from Ron's friends.
(d) Ron's tears.
5. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
(a) State leaders.
(b) The mission volunteers.
(c) Local billionaires.
(d) Foreign investors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "hobo code of honor" that Denver discovered in Chapter 15?
2. How did Denver finally make his escape from life on the cotton fields to being homeless in Fort Worth, Texas?
3. Same Kind of Different as Me is what type of book?
4. Who was called Li'l Buddy, while growing up?
5. Why did Ron dress differently than the other students when he was college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver when he first met him and how did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
2. Explain how Ron and Denver became friends.
3. Describe the honest mistake Ron made in second grade and how his teacher, Miss Poe, reacted.
4. While Deborah was in the final days of her life and in terrible pain, what message from God did Denver deliver to Ron?
5. For the Colorado trip, Ron trusted Denver but feared he might not return. Describe the valuable items with which Denver was entrusted.
6. After Deborah was given only weeks to live, why did Denver say that Deborah "ain't goin nowhere"?
7. How and why did Ron dress differently from his peers in college?
8. Explain why Ron was so surprised by Pearlie Mae's house when he and Denver visited it at the end of the book.
9. Describe the condition of Hershalee's house and what happened there when Ron and Denver visited it together.
10. What happened to Ron's art gallery in Chapter 2: Ron that confirmed his negative attitude toward the homeless?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)