|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade was Ron in when he faced his teacher's cruel punishment?
(a) Ninth grade.
(c) Second grade.
(d) Twelfth grade.
2. What was in the Dixie cup that Ron handed to his teacher?
(a) His urine.
(c) Pencil shavings.
(d) Worms from the schoolyard.
3. What did Deborah insist would repair her marriage after Ron had an affair?
(a) Working for the Peace Corps for 18 months.
(b) A couple's therapy retreat.
(c) Volunteering at the Union Gospel Mission.
(d) A cruise around the world.
4. In which part of Fort Worth was Ron raised?
(a) Red River Parish.
(c) Haltom City.
(d) Falcon Square.
5. In Chapter 2: Ron, Ron recalls a humiliating experience as a child. What honest mistake did Ron make with his teacher?
(a) He became nervous and forgot his lines in the school play.
(b) He tripped and bumped a cart of art supplies that dumped paint in his teacher's lap.
(c) He mistakenly delivered something to her that was meant for someone else.
(d) He accidently called her "Mama."
Short Answer Questions
1. To what danger did the family pet alert Li'l Buddy?
2. Where did Ron endure his teacher's cruel punishment?
3. What part of Ron's body ached as he endured the humiliating punishment from his teacher?
4. What was the name of Denver's father?
5. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Ron felt about urban development as he flew over the city in Chapter 2: Ron, and saw the groundwork for new buildings that would force the homeless to be relocated.
2. Why did Denver work the cotton fields and continue to be treated like a slave thirty years after the formal end of slavery?
3. What happened to Ron's art gallery in Chapter 2: Ron that confirmed his negative attitude toward the homeless?
4. How did Denver learn of Deborah's illness?
5. Explain how and where Ron learned that President Kennedy had been shot.
6. When Denver was changing the white woman's tire in Chapter 1: Denver, why did he stand up to let the white boys know he is there?
7. When Ron and Denver traveled to Red River Parish and Denver asked Ron to drive to the plantation where Denver used to live, how did Ron react to seeing Denver's 2-room shack, and how did Denver feel about seeing it again?
8. At one time in each of their lives, both Ron and Denver considered themselves to be living "high on the hog," or living a very comfortable life, though their circumstances were vastly different. How were their "high on the hog" lifestyles different?
9. Describe how Rocky, Deborah's palomino pony, was used during Deborah's funeral and what Denver did after the ceremony was completed.
10. Explain why Denver's name being on the Invited Guests list at The Worthington Hotel was a monumental moment for Denver.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)