|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
(a) She was his guardian angel.
(b) She was rude and prejudiced against blacks.
(c) She was the skinniest, nosiest, pushiest white or black woman he ever met.
(d) She hated the homeless.
2. What happened to Ron's art gallery to confirm his negative opinion of the homeless?
(a) He was robbed at gunpoint by a homeless man who stole his wallet.
(b) A homeless woman snuck into his store and stole a priceless painting.
(c) Two bums slept in the doorway of his art gallery and scared customers away.
(d) Two bums stole cash and jewelry from his store.
3. What ethnicity were the "good ole boys" described in Chapter 1: Denver?
(d) American Indian.
4. Denver lacked which basic abilities when he arrived in Fort Worth?
(a) He could not run or walk quickly.
(b) He could not sign his name or use a telephone.
(c) He could not read, write or figure.
(d) He could not hear or speak well.
5. Who encouraged Ron and Denver to become friends?
(a) Chef Jim.
(b) Brother Bill.
(c) Sister Bettie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ron dream of showing how successful he had become as he flew along in a private jet?
2. Why did Ron dress differently than the other students when he was college?
3. What type of hardwood trees surrounded the Red River Parish plantation of Denver's youth?
4. From where was Denver returning when he spotted the white woman with car trouble on the side of the road?
5. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did Ron dress differently from his peers in college?
2. Explain the chain of events in Chapter 2: Ron that begin with Ron boarding a private jet and end with Ron attending a luncheon in his honor.
3. Explain how Denver overcame his criminal record, lack of a driver license and inability to read to be able to take the trip to Colorado.
4. What happened to Ron's art gallery in Chapter 2: Ron that confirmed his negative attitude toward the homeless?
5. How did Denver's encounter with the white woman with a flat tire impact his life?
6. Explain how Denver felt about Deborah's illness and why it reminded him of his past.
7. Explain the circumstances that lead to the death of Big Mama and Cousin Chook when Denver was a boy.
8. How did people at the mission band together to help Deborah after her cancer surgery?
9. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado and what was Ron's reaction?
10. Explain why Denver's name being on the Invited Guests list at The Worthington Hotel was a monumental moment for Denver.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)