|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
(a) He stood up so they would not think he was hiding.
(b) He hid behind the wheel, hoping they would not see him.
(c) He climbed into the cab of the truck and hid.
(d) He began to walk away quickly.
2. Why did Ron decide to volunteer his time to help the needy?
(a) He wanted to be a good husband.
(b) He wanted to set a good example for his wife.
(c) He felt that God had called him to serve.
(d) Denver invited him to join him.
3. To what danger did the family pet alert Li'l Buddy?
(a) A fire.
(b) Leaking gas.
(c) A car that had crashed through the kitchen.
(d) An explosion in the kitchen.
4. Where did Ron endure his teacher's cruel punishment?
(a) On the playground.
(b) At his teacher's home.
(c) On the stage of the school auditorium.
(d) In the principal's office.
5. What was the name of the neighborhood in which Ron opened an art gallery in Fort Worth?
(a) Sundance Square.
(b) Mission Square.
(c) Renaissance Square.
(d) Falcon Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encouraged Ron and Denver to become friends?
2. What did Ron do for a living before becoming a successful and wealthy art dealer?
3. What made Denver leave the plantation?
4. Why did Ron dress differently than the other students when he was college?
5. What city project did Ron view from his seat on the private Falcon jet?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ron and Denver became friends, Denver shared a fear about Deborah with Ron. What was his fear?
2. Explain how Ron and Deborah used $10,000 in 1975 from the sale of a valuable Renoir painting.
3. At one time in each of their lives, both Ron and Denver considered themselves to be living "high on the hog," or living a very comfortable life, though their circumstances were vastly different. How were their "high on the hog" lifestyles different?
4. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado and what was Ron's reaction?
5. Explain how sharecropping works and tell about Denver's experience with sharecropping.
6. In the conclusion of the story, what did Denver tell Ron about being homeless?
7. When Ron and Denver traveled to Red River Parish and Denver asked Ron to drive to the plantation where Denver used to live, how did Ron react to seeing Denver's 2-room shack, and how did Denver feel about seeing it again?
8. Explain how Denver felt about Deborah's illness and why it reminded him of his past.
9. What dream did Deborah have that she told Ron about?
10. List and describe the three occupations that lead Ron from being poor to being very wealthy.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)