|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Ron's body ached as he endured the humiliating punishment from his teacher?
(a) His nose.
(b) His legs.
(c) His hands.
(d) His neck.
2. What did the white woman stranded with car trouble do when the boys attacked Denver?
(a) She threatened the boys with a gun and they let him go.
(b) She shot the redheaded boy.
(c) She ran for help.
(d) She said nothing.
3. When Ron sold two valuable paintings in the mid-1970s, where did he and his wife go to socialize with multimillionaire clients for a month?
(c) The Bahamas.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. What name did Deborah and Ron mistakenly call Denver?
5. How did Denver's father die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He was stabbed to death.
(c) He was dragged to death behind a horse.
(d) He died of alcohol poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ron's upscale art gallery in Fort Worth not post the prices of the paintings they had for sale?
2. What happened to Ron's art gallery to confirm his negative opinion of the homeless?
3. Why did Ron dress differently than the other students when he was college?
4. Before the boys who nearly killed Denver spotted him near the vehicle, what did they ask the white woman?
5. What did Deborah insist would repair her marriage after Ron had an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. List and describe the three occupations that lead Ron from being poor to being very wealthy.
2. Explain Deborah and Ron's differing reasons for becoming volunteers at the Union Gospel Mission.
3. Explain why Denver's upbringing and level of education might have made it difficult for him to start a new life away from the plantation.
4. Explain how and where Ron learned that President Kennedy had been shot.
5. When Ron and Denver traveled to Red River Parish and Denver asked Ron to drive to the plantation where Denver used to live, how did Ron react to seeing Denver's 2-room shack, and how did Denver feel about seeing it again?
6. What dream did Deborah have that she told Ron about?
7. At one time in each of their lives, both Ron and Denver considered themselves to be living "high on the hog," or living a very comfortable life, though their circumstances were vastly different. How were their "high on the hog" lifestyles different?
8. In what ways did Ron's grandfather, a blackland farm owner, treat his black and white employees differently?
9. While Deborah was in the final days of her life and in terrible pain, what message from God did Denver deliver to Ron?
10. Explain how Ron and Denver became friends.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)