|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ron do for a living before becoming a successful and wealthy art dealer?
(a) He was an investment banker.
(b) He was an artist who could not sell his work.
(c) He was an art teacher.
(d) He was a postal worker.
2. Which members of Li'l Buddy's family died when they were trapped in the house?
(a) Earl and Tommye.
(b) Ron and Buddy.
(c) Big Mama and Cousin Chook.
(d) PawPaw and Uncle James.
3. How soon after arriving in Fort Worth did Denver meet Deborah?
(a) Many months.
(b) Many years.
(c) Only a few hours.
(d) Immediately, because she met him at the train station.
4. What part of Ron's body ached as he endured the humiliating punishment from his teacher?
(a) His legs.
(b) His hands.
(c) His neck.
(d) His nose.
5. What special event did Deborah start for the needy women?
(a) Massage Night.
(b) Nail Salon Night.
(c) Beauty Shop Night.
(d) Pampering Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Deborah insist would repair her marriage after Ron had an affair?
2. What ethnicity were the "good ole boys" described in Chapter 1: Denver?
3. Where did Deborah first meet Denver?
4. How old was Denver when he was nearly killed by a group of white boys?
5. Why did Denver fear that something bad would happen to Deborah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conflict over white women between the "good ole' boys" and black men during the time that Denver was growing up in Louisiana.
2. Explain how Denver felt about Deborah's illness and why it reminded him of his past.
3. Explain why Denver's name being on the Invited Guests list at The Worthington Hotel was a monumental moment for Denver.
4. Describe Deborah's first impression of Denver.
5. Describe two major events for Ron and Denver that took place after Deborah's death.
6. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado and what was Ron's reaction?
7. Explain why Ron was so surprised by Pearlie Mae's house when he and Denver visited it at the end of the book.
8. Explain how Ron and Denver became friends.
9. How did people at the mission band together to help Deborah after her cancer surgery?
10. Explain how Ron and Deborah used $10,000 in 1975 from the sale of a valuable Renoir painting.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)