|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ron flying in a private jet over the city?
(a) He had many wealthy friends who made their private jets available to him.
(b) He owned the jet and was on his way to a luncheon in his honor.
(c) He was on his way to sell very valuable paintings to the owner of the jet.
(d) He was the private pilot of a wealthy family.
2. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
(a) The mission volunteers.
(b) Foreign investors.
(c) Local billionaires.
(d) State leaders.
3. In which part of Fort Worth was Ron raised?
(a) Haltom City.
(b) Red River Parish.
(c) Falcon Square.
4. What family pet woke Li'l Buddy one night and alerted him to danger in the house?
(b) Pot-bellied pig.
5. What was the name of the mean teacher who punished Ron for his honest mistake?
(a) Mrs. Hall.
(b) Mrs. Denver.
(c) Miss Poe.
(d) Miss O'Keefe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was celebrated by the volunteers with frosted sheet cake one evening per month?
2. What grade was Ron in when he faced his teacher's cruel punishment?
3. From where was Denver returning when he spotted the white woman with car trouble on the side of the road?
4. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
5. Why did Ron decide to volunteer his time to help the needy?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Deborah's funeral, how did Denver feel about Ron, and what dream-like experience or visitation made him feel more at ease in Ron's house?
2. At one time in each of their lives, both Ron and Denver considered themselves to be living "high on the hog," or living a very comfortable life, though their circumstances were vastly different. How were their "high on the hog" lifestyles different?
3. Describe Ron's and Deborah's 31st wedding anniversary when Deborah was dying of cancer.
4. Describe how Ron felt about urban development as he flew over the city in Chapter 2: Ron, and saw the groundwork for new buildings that would force the homeless to be relocated.
5. Why did Denver hop on a freight train and flee the plantation?
6. When Ron and Denver traveled to Red River Parish and Denver asked Ron to drive to the plantation where Denver used to live, how did Ron react to seeing Denver's 2-room shack, and how did Denver feel about seeing it again?
7. List and describe the three occupations that lead Ron from being poor to being very wealthy.
8. Explain why Denver drove 5 mph on the mountain road during his trip to Colorado.
9. Explain what Ron learned about Deborah's health during a phone call he received while having lunch with his daughter, Regan.
10. Describe the condition of Hershalee's house and what happened there when Ron and Denver visited it together.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)