|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
(a) That he should do it to bless him and not judge him.
(b) That he would do it instead.
(c) That he would break the news to Mr. Ballantine.
(d) That Mr. Ballantine deserved some small pleasures.
2. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
3. What building did Denver show Ron, to which Ron responded that it was worse than he imagined?
(a) Denver's family home.
(b) The Union Gospel Mission.
(c) The house of the Man.
(d) Denver's shack.
4. Why was Ron aggravated at Denver for sleeping all day after Deborah's surgery?
(a) He did not know that Denver had cancer.
(b) He was paying him and felt cheated.
(c) He did not know Denver was up praying all night.
(d) He thought Denver was wasting his life.
5. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
(a) Ron's birthday.
(b) Deborah's birthday.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) Their anniversary.
6. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
(b) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
(c) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(d) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
7. How did Denver feel about sleeping in a room in Ron's house?
(a) He felt like he belonged elsewhere.
(b) He felt like Ron did not want him there.
(c) He was not as comfortable with Ron as he was with Deborah.
(d) He felt like he finally had a home.
8. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A haunting.
(b) A goulie.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A visitation.
9. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
(a) Because his father died on a twisty mountain road.
(b) Because Ron warned him to be careful.
(c) Because he could not see the bottom.
(d) Because of heavy fog.
10. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
(a) Her scrapbook.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her family album.
(d) Her Bible.
11. What did Deborah tell Ron to do after she died?
(a) To date and remarry.
(b) To have Denver move into the house.
(c) To date but never remarry.
(d) To go live at the mission full time.
12. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(a) Fort Worth.
(b) Red River Parish.
(d) Rocky Top.
13. What was "Manna" to Denver?
(a) The mission.
(b) A car.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His friends.
14. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
(a) The Hyatt Regency.
(b) The Union Gospel Mission.
(c) The Worthington Hotel.
(d) The Chapel of Deborah Hall.
15. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Deborah do, despite the doctor's opinion?
2. What good news for Deborah did her family consider a Christmas present?
3. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
4. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
5. What was the name of Deborah's palomino pony that came to the funeral?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)