|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Denver bring to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital?
(a) Cigarettes and food.
(b) Letters from home.
(c) Comic books.
2. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
(a) To rage at God.
(b) To keep watch.
(c) To talk to her and to God.
(d) To cry.
3. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
4. What building did Denver show Ron, to which Ron responded that it was worse than he imagined?
(a) Denver's family home.
(b) Denver's shack.
(c) The Union Gospel Mission.
(d) The house of the Man.
5. How did Denver feel about sleeping in a room in Ron's house?
(a) He felt like Ron did not want him there.
(b) He felt like he finally had a home.
(c) He was not as comfortable with Ron as he was with Deborah.
(d) He felt like he belonged elsewhere.
6. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
(a) He slept in the car and ate cheaply.
(b) He won money gambling.
(c) He spent only his own money.
(d) He panhandled on the trip.
7. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
(a) That another person close to him would die.
(b) That he would be homeless again.
(c) That he would soon lose his job as a volunteer.
(d) That Ron would never return his friendship.
8. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
(a) Just a few weeks.
(b) Nearly a decade.
(c) Exactly 40 years.
(d) Over thirty years.
9. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
(a) Miss Debbie's Soup Kitchen.
(b) The House of Deborah Hall.
(c) Deborah Hall Mission for the Needy.
(d) Deborah Hall Memorial Chapel.
10. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
11. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(b) Fort Worth.
(c) Rocky Top.
(d) Red River Parish.
12. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(b) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
(c) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(d) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
13. What promise did Denver make to Deborah?
(a) To watch over Ron.
(b) To protect Regan and Carson.
(c) To continue her ministry after her death.
(d) To never sleep on the streets again.
14. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(b) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
(c) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
(d) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
15. Why was the Colorado trip life-changing for everyone?
(a) It was the last trip Ron took before he died.
(b) Ron and Deborah decided to divorce while on the trip.
(c) Denver realized he needed to change his life and Deborah wanted to help him.
(d) Denver proved he was trustworthy and Ron learned to trust.
Short Answer Questions
1. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado?
2. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
3. For what did Denver pray all night?
4. What did Denver have loaded in the vehicle for the trip to Colorado?
5. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)