|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
(a) "I will watch over you!"
(b) "Get me some wings!"
(c) "Don't let me go!"
(d) "Please protect Denver!"
2. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(b) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(c) A choir of angels singing.
(d) A vision of Deborah's mother.
3. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver at first?
(a) He thought Denver was a thief.
(b) He was terrified of Denver.
(c) He cursed him and called him a "nigger."
(d) He declared that Denver was his guardian angel.
4. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
(a) Just a few weeks.
(b) Nearly a decade.
(c) Exactly 40 years.
(d) Over thirty years.
5. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
(a) That Ron would never return his friendship.
(b) That he would soon lose his job as a volunteer.
(c) That he would be homeless again.
(d) That another person close to him would die.
6. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
7. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
(a) For a new wife and mother to take Deborah's place.
(b) For healing.
(c) For health.
(d) For financial blessings.
8. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
(a) This person was abandoned by a spouse.
(b) This person became homeless.
(c) This person died of a liver infection.
(d) This person began to live in unbearable physical pain.
9. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
(a) His fear of heights.
(b) His criminal record.
(c) His trouble sleeping.
(d) His love of Deborah.
10. To where did Ron and Denver take a trip together?
(a) To Denver, Colorado.
(b) To Fort Worth, Texas.
(c) To Baton Rouge, Lousiana.
(d) To Red River Parish.
11. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) Denver had only a few months to live.
(b) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
(c) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
(d) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
12. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(d) Sister Bettie.
13. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
(a) "Please look after my family."
(b) "You must finish the work I began."
(c) "Please take care of yourself."
(d) "You are welcome in our home."
14. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
(a) The Union Gospel Mission.
(b) The Hyatt Regency.
(c) The Worthington Hotel.
(d) The Chapel of Deborah Hall.
15. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
(a) Plain pine.
(b) She was cremated.
(c) Hand-carved oak.
(d) Ornate with gold leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
2. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
3. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
4. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
5. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)