|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A moving van.
(c) A truck.
(d) A limousine.
2. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
(b) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
(c) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(d) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
3. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
(a) "Don't let me go!"
(b) "I will watch over you!"
(c) "Get me some wings!"
(d) "Please protect Denver!"
4. Why was Ron aggravated at Denver for sleeping all day after Deborah's surgery?
(a) He did not know that Denver had cancer.
(b) He thought Denver was wasting his life.
(c) He did not know Denver was up praying all night.
(d) He was paying him and felt cheated.
5. What building did Denver show Ron, to which Ron responded that it was worse than he imagined?
(a) The house of the Man.
(b) The Union Gospel Mission.
(c) Denver's family home.
(d) Denver's shack.
6. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Deborah had an affair.
(d) Ron had an affair.
7. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
8. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A haunting.
(c) A goulie.
(d) A visitation.
9. Why did Ron tell Denver that he did not feel right about having a building named after Deborah?
(a) Because she did not deserve it.
(b) Because Ron felt the city could not afford the costs of the building.
(c) Because she would not have liked to draw attention to herself.
(d) Because Ron wanted to privately memorialize her.
10. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
(a) Christmas morning.
(b) Ron's birthday.
(c) Deborah's birthday.
(d) Their anniversary.
11. After returning from Colorado, why did Denver not want to accept money from Ron?
(a) Because he took the trip to bless Ron.
(b) Because he already owed Ron $5000.
(c) Because Denver felt Ron owed him so much more.
(d) Because he felt guilty.
12. Why was the Colorado trip life-changing for everyone?
(a) Denver realized he needed to change his life and Deborah wanted to help him.
(b) Ron and Deborah decided to divorce while on the trip.
(c) Denver proved he was trustworthy and Ron learned to trust.
(d) It was the last trip Ron took before he died.
13. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her scrapbook.
(c) Her family album.
(d) Her diary.
14. Who had a new job in Denver, Colorado and got Denver's help transporting her things there?
(a) Sister Bettie.
(d) Mary Lou.
15. Who was Craig Dearden?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A shelter volunteer.
(c) A sharecropper.
(d) A physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
2. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
3. What did Deborah tell Ron to do after she died?
4. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
5. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)