|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) His family used to own this building.
(b) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
(c) He used to work in this building.
(d) He was kicked out of this building.
2. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
(a) To cry.
(b) To rage at God.
(c) To keep watch.
(d) To talk to her and to God.
3. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
(a) Exactly 40 years.
(b) Nearly a decade.
(c) Just a few weeks.
(d) Over thirty years.
4. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
(a) "Please protect Denver!"
(b) "Don't let me go!"
(c) "Get me some wings!"
(d) "I will watch over you!"
5. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
(a) Baylor University.
(c) Texas A&M.
(d) Johns Hopkins.
6. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
(a) Because of heavy fog.
(b) Because Ron warned him to be careful.
(c) Because he could not see the bottom.
(d) Because his father died on a twisty mountain road.
7. Where was Deborah buried?
(a) Rocky Top.
(b) Red River Parish.
(d) Fort Worth.
8. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) By the dumpster.
(b) Up in a tree.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) At Starbucks.
9. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
(b) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
(c) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
(d) Denver had only a few months to live.
10. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
(b) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
(c) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(d) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
11. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
(a) Because Denver could not read the highway signs.
(b) Because Ron did not trust Denver.
(c) Because Denver was afraid of becoming lost.
(d) Because Ron was controlling.
12. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(b) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
(c) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(d) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
13. What was "Manna" to Denver?
(a) His apartment.
(b) His friends.
(c) A car.
(d) The mission.
14. What good news for Deborah did her family consider a Christmas present?
(a) Denver declared his love for her.
(b) Ron decided to re-commit and be a good husband.
(c) She was declared cancer-free.
(d) Her painting finally sold in the gallery.
15. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) A choir of angels singing.
(b) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(c) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(d) A vision of Deborah's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Craig Dearden?
2. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
3. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
4. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
5. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)