|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Deborah bumped into an old friend from college while shopping, what caused her to return home, crying, with no packages?
(a) Deborah saw that her friend was very ill.
(b) The friend told her she had an affair with Ron.
(c) Deborah learned that her friend was bankrupt and homeless.
(d) The friend acknowledged that Deborah was terminal.
2. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him in the hospital?
(a) He fell off a ladder.
(b) He suffered a heart attack.
(c) He was beaten by a thief.
(d) He got in a fight with Denver.
3. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(b) Red River Parish.
(c) Rocky Top.
(d) Fort Worth.
4. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) At Starbucks.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) By the dumpster.
(d) Up in a tree.
5. Who had a new job in Denver, Colorado and got Denver's help transporting her things there?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Sister Bettie.
6. Where was Deborah buried?
(a) Red River Parish.
(b) Fort Worth.
(c) Rocky Top.
7. How did Denver feel about sleeping in a room in Ron's house?
(a) He felt like he belonged elsewhere.
(b) He felt like Ron did not want him there.
(c) He felt like he finally had a home.
(d) He was not as comfortable with Ron as he was with Deborah.
8. After returning from Colorado, why did Denver not want to accept money from Ron?
(a) Because he already owed Ron $5000.
(b) Because he took the trip to bless Ron.
(c) Because he felt guilty.
(d) Because Denver felt Ron owed him so much more.
9. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(b) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
(c) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
(d) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
10. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To see the city after which he was named.
(b) To visit family he has never seen.
(c) To die there.
(d) To please Ron and Deborah.
11. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
(a) That she could go in peace.
(b) That she was already gone.
(c) That he must go to her side.
(d) That she wasn't leaving until her work was done.
12. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
(b) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
(c) Denver had only a few months to live.
(d) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
13. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
(a) Writing a resume.
(b) College entrance exams.
(c) Writing his life story.
(d) The written part of the driving test.
14. What did Deborah do, despite the doctor's opinion?
(a) Sought counseling.
(b) Started chemotherapy.
(c) Tried to save her marriage.
(d) Prayed for a miraculous healing for Denver.
15. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
(a) A limousine.
(b) A truck.
(c) A moving van.
(d) A motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. By which means of transportation did Denver travel to Colorado?
2. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
3. Why was the Colorado trip life-changing for everyone?
4. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
5. For what did Denver pray all night?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)