|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron leave the hospital room when he brought Denver to visit Mr. Ballantine?
(a) The room smelled bad.
(b) Mr. Ballantine's screams were frightening.
(c) The image of Mr. Ballantine sick in bed was too much for him.
(d) Mr. Ballantine yelled at him to leave.
2. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) The heart.
(c) Marriage counseling.
(d) The liver.
3. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
(a) Deborah Hall Memorial Chapel.
(b) Deborah Hall Mission for the Needy.
(c) The House of Deborah Hall.
(d) Miss Debbie's Soup Kitchen.
4. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
5. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) Up in a tree.
(c) By the dumpster.
(d) At Starbucks.
6. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
(a) The Chapel of Deborah Hall.
(b) The Worthington Hotel.
(c) The Union Gospel Mission.
(d) The Hyatt Regency.
7. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) When Denver came to live with them.
(b) Denver's trip to Colorado.
(c) When they decided to run the mission together.
(d) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
8. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
(a) A moving van.
(b) A limousine.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A truck.
9. Who had a new job in Denver, Colorado and got Denver's help transporting her things there?
(a) Sister Bettie.
(d) Mary Lou.
10. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) A vision of Deborah's mother.
(b) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(c) A choir of angels singing.
(d) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
11. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
(a) Ornate with gold leaf.
(b) Plain pine.
(c) She was cremated.
(d) Hand-carved oak.
12. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
(a) That he should do it to bless him and not judge him.
(b) That he would break the news to Mr. Ballantine.
(c) That Mr. Ballantine deserved some small pleasures.
(d) That he would do it instead.
13. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
(a) Because Denver was afraid of becoming lost.
(b) Because Denver could not read the highway signs.
(c) Because Ron was controlling.
(d) Because Ron did not trust Denver.
14. What did Deborah insist upon doing when Denver failed to arrive on time in Colorado?
(a) Filing a missing person report.
(b) Praying for Denver's safety.
(c) Driving to Colorado to find him.
(d) Filing a theft report.
15. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
(a) Purple blossoms.
(b) Pink roses.
(c) Yellow flowers.
(d) Chocolate lillies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
2. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him in the hospital?
3. What favor for Denver did Ron request of a friend in Baton Rouge?
4. What promise did Denver make to Deborah?
5. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)