|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Denver pray all night?
(b) Sister Bettie.
2. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
(a) That she could go in peace.
(b) That she wasn't leaving until her work was done.
(c) That he must go to her side.
(d) That she was already gone.
3. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
(a) The House of Deborah Hall.
(b) Deborah Hall Memorial Chapel.
(c) Deborah Hall Mission for the Needy.
(d) Miss Debbie's Soup Kitchen.
4. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
(a) Because Denver could not read the highway signs.
(b) Because Ron did not trust Denver.
(c) Because Ron was controlling.
(d) Because Denver was afraid of becoming lost.
5. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
6. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) At Starbucks.
(b) By the dumpster.
(c) Up in a tree.
(d) In the kitchen.
7. What did Deborah insist upon doing when Denver failed to arrive on time in Colorado?
(a) Praying for Denver's safety.
(b) Filing a theft report.
(c) Filing a missing person report.
(d) Driving to Colorado to find him.
8. What favor for Denver did Ron request of a friend in Baton Rouge?
(a) To get a passport.
(b) To have criminal charges dismissed.
(c) A job for Denver.
(d) A place for Denver to stay.
9. What building did Denver show Ron, to which Ron responded that it was worse than he imagined?
(a) Denver's shack.
(b) The Union Gospel Mission.
(c) The house of the Man.
(d) Denver's family home.
10. To where did Ron and Denver take a trip together?
(a) To Denver, Colorado.
(b) To Fort Worth, Texas.
(c) To Red River Parish.
(d) To Baton Rouge, Lousiana.
11. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
(c) Brother Bill.
(d) His daughter.
12. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
(a) College entrance exams.
(b) The written part of the driving test.
(c) Writing his life story.
(d) Writing a resume.
13. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He wandered there on foot.
(b) He was dragged there by Denver.
(c) He was brought by the police.
(d) He was pushed out of a car.
14. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Ron had an affair.
(c) Deborah had an affair.
(d) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
15. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(b) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
(c) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
(d) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
2. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
3. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
4. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
5. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)