|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
2. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Ron had an affair.
(b) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(d) Deborah had an affair.
3. What did Deborah insist upon doing when Denver failed to arrive on time in Colorado?
(a) Driving to Colorado to find him.
(b) Filing a theft report.
(c) Filing a missing person report.
(d) Praying for Denver's safety.
4. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
(a) Because Ron was controlling.
(b) Because Ron did not trust Denver.
(c) Because Denver was afraid of becoming lost.
(d) Because Denver could not read the highway signs.
5. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(a) Rocky Top.
(c) Red River Parish.
(d) Fort Worth.
6. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
7. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) At Starbucks.
(c) Up in a tree.
(d) By the dumpster.
8. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He was pushed out of a car.
(b) He was dragged there by Denver.
(c) He wandered there on foot.
(d) He was brought by the police.
9. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To visit family he has never seen.
(b) To see the city after which he was named.
(c) To please Ron and Deborah.
(d) To die there.
10. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
(a) That another person close to him would die.
(b) That Ron would never return his friendship.
(c) That he would soon lose his job as a volunteer.
(d) That he would be homeless again.
11. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(a) Sister Bettie.
12. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
(a) "You are welcome in our home."
(b) "Please look after my family."
(c) "Please take care of yourself."
(d) "You must finish the work I began."
13. For what did Denver pray all night?
(a) For Miss Bettie to love him.
(b) For Ron and Debbie's marriage to be saved.
(c) For Deborah's healing.
(d) For Regan to be cured.
14. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) When Denver came to live with them.
(b) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) When they decided to run the mission together.
(d) Denver's trip to Colorado.
15. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Brother Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
2. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
3. What was "Manna" to Denver?
4. Why was the Colorado trip life-changing for everyone?
5. When Deborah bumped into an old friend from college while shopping, what caused her to return home, crying, with no packages?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)