|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(b) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
(c) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
(d) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
2. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
(a) "Please look after my family."
(b) "You are welcome in our home."
(c) "Please take care of yourself."
(d) "You must finish the work I began."
3. Who had a new job in Denver, Colorado and got Denver's help transporting her things there?
(a) Sister Bettie.
(d) Mary Lou.
4. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(b) Rocky Top.
(c) Fort Worth.
(d) Red River Parish.
5. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(b) A vision of Deborah's mother.
(c) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(d) A choir of angels singing.
6. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
(a) Nearly a decade.
(b) Exactly 40 years.
(c) Just a few weeks.
(d) Over thirty years.
7. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him in the hospital?
(a) He was beaten by a thief.
(b) He got in a fight with Denver.
(c) He suffered a heart attack.
(d) He fell off a ladder.
8. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado?
(a) More than he left with.
(c) Every penny he started with.
9. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
(a) Plain pine.
(b) She was cremated.
(c) Ornate with gold leaf.
(d) Hand-carved oak.
10. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) He was kicked out of this building.
(b) His family used to own this building.
(c) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
(d) He used to work in this building.
11. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
(b) The argued.
(c) They prayed together.
(d) They called Denver for advice.
12. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To please Ron and Deborah.
(b) To die there.
(c) To visit family he has never seen.
(d) To see the city after which he was named.
13. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
(a) College entrance exams.
(b) Writing his life story.
(c) The written part of the driving test.
(d) Writing a resume.
14. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A truck.
(c) A limousine.
(d) A moving van.
15. Why was the Colorado trip life-changing for everyone?
(a) Denver realized he needed to change his life and Deborah wanted to help him.
(b) It was the last trip Ron took before he died.
(c) Ron and Deborah decided to divorce while on the trip.
(d) Denver proved he was trustworthy and Ron learned to trust.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
2. Where was Deborah buried?
3. Why did Ron leave the hospital room when he brought Denver to visit Mr. Ballantine?
4. Who was Craig Dearden?
5. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)