|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
(b) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
(c) Denver had only a few months to live.
(d) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
2. Who was Craig Dearden?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A shelter volunteer.
(c) A physician.
(d) A sharecropper.
3. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A haunting.
(c) A goulie.
(d) A visitation.
4. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
5. For what did Denver pray all night?
(a) For Miss Bettie to love him.
(b) For Deborah's healing.
(c) For Regan to be cured.
(d) For Ron and Debbie's marriage to be saved.
6. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To visit family he has never seen.
(b) To die there.
(c) To please Ron and Deborah.
(d) To see the city after which he was named.
7. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
(a) Ron's birthday.
(b) Their anniversary.
(c) Deborah's birthday.
(d) Christmas morning.
8. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver at first?
(a) He was terrified of Denver.
(b) He declared that Denver was his guardian angel.
(c) He thought Denver was a thief.
(d) He cursed him and called him a "nigger."
9. What did Deborah insist upon doing when Denver failed to arrive on time in Colorado?
(a) Praying for Denver's safety.
(b) Driving to Colorado to find him.
(c) Filing a missing person report.
(d) Filing a theft report.
10. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(b) Sister Bettie.
11. To where did Ron and Denver take a trip together?
(a) To Fort Worth, Texas.
(b) To Baton Rouge, Lousiana.
(c) To Red River Parish.
(d) To Denver, Colorado.
12. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) When Denver came to live with them.
(c) Denver's trip to Colorado.
(d) When they decided to run the mission together.
13. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Deborah had an affair.
(b) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Ron had an affair.
(d) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
14. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) He was kicked out of this building.
(b) He used to work in this building.
(c) His family used to own this building.
(d) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
15. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
(a) Yellow flowers.
(b) Purple blossoms.
(c) Chocolate lillies.
(d) Pink roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
2. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
3. Why was the Colorado trip life-changing for everyone?
4. Why did Ron tell Denver that he did not feel right about having a building named after Deborah?
5. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)