|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Denver pray all night?
(c) Sister Bettie.
2. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To see the city after which he was named.
(b) To visit family he has never seen.
(c) To die there.
(d) To please Ron and Deborah.
3. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado?
(a) More than he left with.
(d) Every penny he started with.
4. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A goulie.
(b) A haunting.
(c) A visitation.
(d) A ghost.
5. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
(a) At the art gallery opening.
(b) At a volunteers' meeting.
(c) Bible study.
(d) Free lunch day at the Lot.
6. Why did Ron leave the hospital room when he brought Denver to visit Mr. Ballantine?
(a) Mr. Ballantine yelled at him to leave.
(b) The image of Mr. Ballantine sick in bed was too much for him.
(c) The room smelled bad.
(d) Mr. Ballantine's screams were frightening.
7. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
(a) The Chapel of Deborah Hall.
(b) The Worthington Hotel.
(c) The Hyatt Regency.
(d) The Union Gospel Mission.
8. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A limousine.
(c) A moving van.
(d) A truck.
9. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) Denver had only a few months to live.
(b) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
(c) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
(d) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
10. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
(a) The liver.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) The heart.
(d) Marriage counseling.
11. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
(a) "Don't let me go!"
(b) "Please protect Denver!"
(c) "I will watch over you!"
(d) "Get me some wings!"
12. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
(a) That she could go in peace.
(b) That she was already gone.
(c) That she wasn't leaving until her work was done.
(d) That he must go to her side.
13. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
(a) For health.
(b) For a new wife and mother to take Deborah's place.
(c) For healing.
(d) For financial blessings.
14. What fear of Denver's did he overcome at the Cowboy Spring Gathering?
(a) Fear of livestock.
(b) Fear of being seen with a white woman.
(c) Fear of white men on horseback.
(d) Fear of crowds.
15. By which means of transportation did Denver travel to Colorado?
(a) By train.
(b) By vehicle.
(c) By bus.
(d) By motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
2. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
3. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
4. What was "Manna" to Denver?
5. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)