|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron leave the hospital room when he brought Denver to visit Mr. Ballantine?
(a) The room smelled bad.
(b) Mr. Ballantine's screams were frightening.
(c) Mr. Ballantine yelled at him to leave.
(d) The image of Mr. Ballantine sick in bed was too much for him.
2. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
(a) The Chapel of Deborah Hall.
(b) The Worthington Hotel.
(c) The Union Gospel Mission.
(d) The Hyatt Regency.
3. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
(a) He panhandled on the trip.
(b) He slept in the car and ate cheaply.
(c) He spent only his own money.
(d) He won money gambling.
4. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
(a) Chocolate lillies.
(b) Purple blossoms.
(c) Pink roses.
(d) Yellow flowers.
5. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(c) Sister Bettie.
6. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her family album.
(c) Her scrapbook.
(d) Her Bible.
7. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) When Denver came to live with them.
(b) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Denver's trip to Colorado.
(d) When they decided to run the mission together.
8. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
(a) Bible study.
(b) Free lunch day at the Lot.
(c) At the art gallery opening.
(d) At a volunteers' meeting.
9. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(b) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
(c) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(d) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
10. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
(b) The argued.
(c) They prayed together.
(d) They called Denver for advice.
11. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
(a) Exactly 40 years.
(b) Nearly a decade.
(c) Over thirty years.
(d) Just a few weeks.
12. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
(a) Texas A&M.
(b) Baylor University.
(c) Johns Hopkins.
13. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(a) Red River Parish.
(b) Fort Worth.
(d) Rocky Top.
14. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He wandered there on foot.
(b) He was brought by the police.
(c) He was dragged there by Denver.
(d) He was pushed out of a car.
15. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
(a) To keep watch.
(b) To cry.
(c) To talk to her and to God.
(d) To rage at God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor for Denver did Ron request of a friend in Baton Rouge?
2. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him in the hospital?
3. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
4. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
5. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)