|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
(a) For healing.
(b) For a new wife and mother to take Deborah's place.
(c) For health.
(d) For financial blessings.
2. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
(a) This person died of a liver infection.
(b) This person was abandoned by a spouse.
(c) This person began to live in unbearable physical pain.
(d) This person became homeless.
3. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) When Denver came to live with them.
(b) When they decided to run the mission together.
(c) Denver's trip to Colorado.
(d) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
4. By which means of transportation did Denver travel to Colorado?
(a) By motorcycle.
(b) By vehicle.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
5. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(b) Sister Bettie.
6. What promise did Denver make to Deborah?
(a) To protect Regan and Carson.
(b) To continue her ministry after her death.
(c) To never sleep on the streets again.
(d) To watch over Ron.
7. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
(b) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
(c) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
(d) Denver had only a few months to live.
8. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
(a) Because he could not see the bottom.
(b) Because his father died on a twisty mountain road.
(c) Because of heavy fog.
(d) Because Ron warned him to be careful.
9. What did Denver bring to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Cigarettes and food.
(c) Letters from home.
10. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
(a) Deborah's birthday.
(b) Ron's birthday.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) Their anniversary.
11. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) He used to work in this building.
(b) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
(c) His family used to own this building.
(d) He was kicked out of this building.
12. What did Deborah tell Ron to do after she died?
(a) To go live at the mission full time.
(b) To date and remarry.
(c) To date but never remarry.
(d) To have Denver move into the house.
13. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) At Starbucks.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) By the dumpster.
(d) Up in a tree.
14. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
(a) Hand-carved oak.
(b) She was cremated.
(c) Plain pine.
(d) Ornate with gold leaf.
15. What did Denver have loaded in the vehicle for the trip to Colorado?
(a) Items stolen from Ron and Deborah.
(b) Volunteers for the new mission.
(c) All of his posessions.
(d) Ron's daughter's things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ron tell Denver that he did not feel right about having a building named after Deborah?
2. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
3. To where did Ron and Denver take a trip together?
4. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
5. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)