|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
(a) Hand-carved oak.
(b) Plain pine.
(c) She was cremated.
(d) Ornate with gold leaf.
2. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(a) Sister Bettie.
3. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
(a) Writing his life story.
(b) Writing a resume.
(c) The written part of the driving test.
(d) College entrance exams.
4. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(b) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
(c) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(d) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
5. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A visitation.
(b) A haunting.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A goulie.
6. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
(a) "You are welcome in our home."
(b) "Please take care of yourself."
(c) "Please look after my family."
(d) "You must finish the work I began."
7. What did Deborah do, despite the doctor's opinion?
(a) Prayed for a miraculous healing for Denver.
(b) Sought counseling.
(c) Started chemotherapy.
(d) Tried to save her marriage.
8. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
(a) Brother Bill.
(d) His daughter.
9. What did Denver have loaded in the vehicle for the trip to Colorado?
(a) All of his posessions.
(b) Volunteers for the new mission.
(c) Items stolen from Ron and Deborah.
(d) Ron's daughter's things.
10. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
(a) Exactly 40 years.
(b) Nearly a decade.
(c) Over thirty years.
(d) Just a few weeks.
11. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
12. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
13. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
(a) Johns Hopkins.
(b) Baylor University.
(d) Texas A&M.
14. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) They called Denver for advice.
(b) They prayed together.
(c) The argued.
(d) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
15. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To see the city after which he was named.
(b) To die there.
(c) To visit family he has never seen.
(d) To please Ron and Deborah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Deborah insist upon doing when Denver failed to arrive on time in Colorado?
2. What building did Denver show Ron, to which Ron responded that it was worse than he imagined?
3. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
4. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
5. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)