|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Deborah's palomino pony that came to the funeral?
2. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado?
(b) More than he left with.
(c) Every penny he started with.
3. What did Denver have loaded in the vehicle for the trip to Colorado?
(a) Items stolen from Ron and Deborah.
(b) All of his posessions.
(c) Ron's daughter's things.
(d) Volunteers for the new mission.
4. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
(a) "Don't let me go!"
(b) "Please protect Denver!"
(c) "I will watch over you!"
(d) "Get me some wings!"
5. How did Denver feel about sleeping in a room in Ron's house?
(a) He felt like he finally had a home.
(b) He felt like Ron did not want him there.
(c) He felt like he belonged elsewhere.
(d) He was not as comfortable with Ron as he was with Deborah.
6. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver at first?
(a) He thought Denver was a thief.
(b) He declared that Denver was his guardian angel.
(c) He cursed him and called him a "nigger."
(d) He was terrified of Denver.
7. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
(a) Because Denver could not read the highway signs.
(b) Because Ron did not trust Denver.
(c) Because Denver was afraid of becoming lost.
(d) Because Ron was controlling.
8. What was "Manna" to Denver?
(a) The mission.
(b) His friends.
(c) His apartment.
(d) A car.
9. Who had a new job in Denver, Colorado and got Denver's help transporting her things there?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Sister Bettie.
10. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
(a) Over thirty years.
(b) Just a few weeks.
(c) Exactly 40 years.
(d) Nearly a decade.
11. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) They called Denver for advice.
(b) The argued.
(c) They prayed together.
(d) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
12. For what did Denver pray all night?
(a) For Regan to be cured.
(b) For Miss Bettie to love him.
(c) For Ron and Debbie's marriage to be saved.
(d) For Deborah's healing.
13. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(b) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
(c) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
(d) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
14. Why was Ron aggravated at Denver for sleeping all day after Deborah's surgery?
(a) He thought Denver was wasting his life.
(b) He did not know Denver was up praying all night.
(c) He was paying him and felt cheated.
(d) He did not know that Denver had cancer.
15. Where was Deborah buried?
(a) Rocky Top.
(c) Fort Worth.
(d) Red River Parish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
2. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
3. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
4. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
5. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)