|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where did Ron and Denver take a trip together?
(a) To Red River Parish.
(b) To Denver, Colorado.
(c) To Fort Worth, Texas.
(d) To Baton Rouge, Lousiana.
2. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
(a) That he should do it to bless him and not judge him.
(b) That he would break the news to Mr. Ballantine.
(c) That he would do it instead.
(d) That Mr. Ballantine deserved some small pleasures.
3. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) His family used to own this building.
(b) He used to work in this building.
(c) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
(d) He was kicked out of this building.
4. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(a) Fort Worth.
(b) Red River Parish.
(d) Rocky Top.
5. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
(a) This person died of a liver infection.
(b) This person began to live in unbearable physical pain.
(c) This person became homeless.
(d) This person was abandoned by a spouse.
6. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
(a) A limousine.
(b) A moving van.
(c) A truck.
(d) A motorcycle.
7. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
(a) The Chapel of Deborah Hall.
(b) The Worthington Hotel.
(c) The Hyatt Regency.
(d) The Union Gospel Mission.
8. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
9. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He was pushed out of a car.
(b) He was brought by the police.
(c) He wandered there on foot.
(d) He was dragged there by Denver.
10. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A haunting.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A goulie.
(d) A visitation.
11. Why was Ron aggravated at Denver for sleeping all day after Deborah's surgery?
(a) He was paying him and felt cheated.
(b) He did not know Denver was up praying all night.
(c) He thought Denver was wasting his life.
(d) He did not know that Denver had cancer.
12. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
13. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) They prayed together.
(b) They called Denver for advice.
(c) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
(d) The argued.
14. What fear of Denver's did he overcome at the Cowboy Spring Gathering?
(a) Fear of white men on horseback.
(b) Fear of livestock.
(c) Fear of crowds.
(d) Fear of being seen with a white woman.
15. Where was Deborah buried?
(a) Red River Parish.
(c) Fort Worth.
(d) Rocky Top.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
2. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
3. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
4. By which means of transportation did Denver travel to Colorado?
5. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)