|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Deborah insist upon doing when Denver failed to arrive on time in Colorado?
(a) Filing a theft report.
(b) Driving to Colorado to find him.
(c) Praying for Denver's safety.
(d) Filing a missing person report.
2. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
(a) Johns Hopkins.
(c) Texas A&M.
(d) Baylor University.
3. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A moving van.
(c) A truck.
(d) A limousine.
4. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He was brought by the police.
(b) He wandered there on foot.
(c) He was pushed out of a car.
(d) He was dragged there by Denver.
5. When Deborah bumped into an old friend from college while shopping, what caused her to return home, crying, with no packages?
(a) Deborah saw that her friend was very ill.
(b) Deborah learned that her friend was bankrupt and homeless.
(c) The friend acknowledged that Deborah was terminal.
(d) The friend told her she had an affair with Ron.
6. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
(a) "You are welcome in our home."
(b) "Please look after my family."
(c) "Please take care of yourself."
(d) "You must finish the work I began."
7. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(a) Fort Worth.
(b) Rocky Top.
(d) Red River Parish.
8. How did Denver feel about sleeping in a room in Ron's house?
(a) He felt like Ron did not want him there.
(b) He was not as comfortable with Ron as he was with Deborah.
(c) He felt like he belonged elsewhere.
(d) He felt like he finally had a home.
9. By which means of transportation did Denver travel to Colorado?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By vehicle.
(d) By motorcycle.
10. What favor for Denver did Ron request of a friend in Baton Rouge?
(a) To get a passport.
(b) A job for Denver.
(c) A place for Denver to stay.
(d) To have criminal charges dismissed.
11. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(b) A choir of angels singing.
(c) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(d) A vision of Deborah's mother.
12. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
(b) Denver had only a few months to live.
(c) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
(d) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
13. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
14. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
(a) Because Ron warned him to be careful.
(b) Because he could not see the bottom.
(c) Because his father died on a twisty mountain road.
(d) Because of heavy fog.
15. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
(a) To talk to her and to God.
(b) To keep watch.
(c) To cry.
(d) To rage at God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
2. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
3. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver at first?
4. What fear of Denver's did he overcome at the Cowboy Spring Gathering?
5. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)