|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Deborah tell Ron to do after she died?
(a) To have Denver move into the house.
(b) To date and remarry.
(c) To go live at the mission full time.
(d) To date but never remarry.
2. What promise did Denver make to Deborah?
(a) To watch over Ron.
(b) To continue her ministry after her death.
(c) To never sleep on the streets again.
(d) To protect Regan and Carson.
3. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
(b) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
(c) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(d) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
4. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
(a) His criminal record.
(b) His fear of heights.
(c) His trouble sleeping.
(d) His love of Deborah.
5. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
(a) The liver.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) The heart.
(d) Marriage counseling.
6. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
(a) Texas A&M.
(b) Johns Hopkins.
(d) Baylor University.
7. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) Her scrapbook.
(d) Her family album.
8. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) By the dumpster.
(b) At Starbucks.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) Up in a tree.
9. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Deborah had an affair.
(b) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(d) Ron had an affair.
10. Why was Ron aggravated at Denver for sleeping all day after Deborah's surgery?
(a) He thought Denver was wasting his life.
(b) He did not know that Denver had cancer.
(c) He did not know Denver was up praying all night.
(d) He was paying him and felt cheated.
11. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
(a) He won money gambling.
(b) He spent only his own money.
(c) He slept in the car and ate cheaply.
(d) He panhandled on the trip.
12. What was "Manna" to Denver?
(a) His friends.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A car.
(d) The mission.
13. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
(b) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(c) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(d) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
14. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(c) Sister Bettie.
15. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
2. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
3. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
4. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
5. What fear of Denver's did he overcome at the Cowboy Spring Gathering?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)