|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
(a) Because Ron warned him to be careful.
(b) Because he could not see the bottom.
(c) Because his father died on a twisty mountain road.
(d) Because of heavy fog.
2. After returning from Colorado, why did Denver not want to accept money from Ron?
(a) Because he already owed Ron $5000.
(b) Because he took the trip to bless Ron.
(c) Because he felt guilty.
(d) Because Denver felt Ron owed him so much more.
3. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
(b) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
(c) Denver had only a few months to live.
(d) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
4. How long had Ron and Deborah been married when a personal crisis hit them?
(a) Exactly 40 years.
(b) Over thirty years.
(c) Nearly a decade.
(d) Just a few weeks.
5. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him in the hospital?
(a) He fell off a ladder.
(b) He suffered a heart attack.
(c) He got in a fight with Denver.
(d) He was beaten by a thief.
6. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) They called Denver for advice.
(b) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
(c) They prayed together.
(d) The argued.
7. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
(a) Writing his life story.
(b) The written part of the driving test.
(c) Writing a resume.
(d) College entrance exams.
8. What was "Manna" to Denver?
(a) A car.
(b) His friends.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The mission.
9. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A visitation.
(c) A goulie.
(d) A haunting.
10. What promise did Denver make to Deborah?
(a) To protect Regan and Carson.
(b) To watch over Ron.
(c) To continue her ministry after her death.
(d) To never sleep on the streets again.
11. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
(b) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(c) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
(d) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
12. What did Denver bring to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital?
(a) Letters from home.
(b) Comic books.
(c) Cigarettes and food.
13. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
(a) Marriage counseling.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) The heart.
(d) The liver.
14. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
(b) He used to work in this building.
(c) His family used to own this building.
(d) He was kicked out of this building.
15. What did Deborah tell Ron to do after she died?
(a) To have Denver move into the house.
(b) To date but never remarry.
(c) To date and remarry.
(d) To go live at the mission full time.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
2. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
3. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
4. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
5. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)