|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) When they decided to run the mission together.
(c) Denver's trip to Colorado.
(d) When Denver came to live with them.
2. What good news for Deborah did her family consider a Christmas present?
(a) Denver declared his love for her.
(b) She was declared cancer-free.
(c) Ron decided to re-commit and be a good husband.
(d) Her painting finally sold in the gallery.
3. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
(a) "I will watch over you!"
(b) "Don't let me go!"
(c) "Get me some wings!"
(d) "Please protect Denver!"
4. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
5. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
(a) Deborah Hall Memorial Chapel.
(b) The House of Deborah Hall.
(c) Deborah Hall Mission for the Needy.
(d) Miss Debbie's Soup Kitchen.
6. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To please Ron and Deborah.
(b) To see the city after which he was named.
(c) To visit family he has never seen.
(d) To die there.
7. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) He used to work in this building.
(b) He was kicked out of this building.
(c) His family used to own this building.
(d) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
8. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
(a) Bible study.
(b) At a volunteers' meeting.
(c) At the art gallery opening.
(d) Free lunch day at the Lot.
9. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) They called Denver for advice.
(b) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
(c) The argued.
(d) They prayed together.
10. What did Denver have loaded in the vehicle for the trip to Colorado?
(a) Volunteers for the new mission.
(b) Items stolen from Ron and Deborah.
(c) Ron's daughter's things.
(d) All of his posessions.
11. What was the name of Deborah's palomino pony that came to the funeral?
12. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(b) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(c) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
(d) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
13. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
(a) At Starbucks.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Up in a tree.
(d) By the dumpster.
14. What did Denver bring to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Cigarettes and food.
(c) Letters from home.
15. Who was Craig Dearden?
(a) A physician.
(b) A sharecropper.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A shelter volunteer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
2. Why did Ron leave the hospital room when he brought Denver to visit Mr. Ballantine?
3. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
4. By which means of transportation did Denver travel to Colorado?
5. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)