|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
(a) This person died of a liver infection.
(b) This person became homeless.
(c) This person was abandoned by a spouse.
(d) This person began to live in unbearable physical pain.
2. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
(a) Writing a resume.
(b) College entrance exams.
(c) Writing his life story.
(d) The written part of the driving test.
3. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
(a) That he would break the news to Mr. Ballantine.
(b) That Mr. Ballantine deserved some small pleasures.
(c) That he should do it to bless him and not judge him.
(d) That he would do it instead.
4. What did Deborah tell Ron to do after she died?
(a) To go live at the mission full time.
(b) To date and remarry.
(c) To date but never remarry.
(d) To have Denver move into the house.
5. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
(a) His criminal record.
(b) His love of Deborah.
(c) His fear of heights.
(d) His trouble sleeping.
6. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(b) Sister Bettie.
7. What promise did Denver make to Deborah?
(a) To never sleep on the streets again.
(b) To continue her ministry after her death.
(c) To protect Regan and Carson.
(d) To watch over Ron.
8. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
(a) To keep watch.
(b) To rage at God.
(c) To talk to her and to God.
(d) To cry.
9. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
(a) That another person close to him would die.
(b) That Ron would never return his friendship.
(c) That he would soon lose his job as a volunteer.
(d) That he would be homeless again.
10. Where was Deborah buried?
(a) Rocky Top.
(b) Fort Worth.
(c) Red River Parish.
11. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
(a) Her family album.
(b) Her scrapbook.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) Her diary.
12. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
(a) Texas A&M.
(b) Baylor University.
(c) Johns Hopkins.
13. For what did Denver pray all night?
(a) For Regan to be cured.
(b) For Miss Bettie to love him.
(c) For Ron and Debbie's marriage to be saved.
(d) For Deborah's healing.
14. What favor for Denver did Ron request of a friend in Baton Rouge?
(a) To get a passport.
(b) A job for Denver.
(c) To have criminal charges dismissed.
(d) A place for Denver to stay.
15. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A goulie.
(b) A visitation.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A haunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Deborah's palomino pony that came to the funeral?
2. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
3. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
4. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
5. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)