|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) The argued.
(b) They prayed together.
(c) They called Denver for advice.
(d) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
2. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Ron had an affair.
(d) Deborah had an affair.
3. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(b) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(c) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
(d) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
4. What did Deborah do, despite the doctor's opinion?
(a) Tried to save her marriage.
(b) Started chemotherapy.
(c) Sought counseling.
(d) Prayed for a miraculous healing for Denver.
5. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
(a) Baylor University.
(b) Johns Hopkins.
(d) Texas A&M.
6. For whom did Denver pray all night?
(c) Sister Bettie.
7. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver at first?
(a) He declared that Denver was his guardian angel.
(b) He was terrified of Denver.
(c) He cursed him and called him a "nigger."
(d) He thought Denver was a thief.
8. When Deborah bumped into an old friend from college while shopping, what caused her to return home, crying, with no packages?
(a) The friend acknowledged that Deborah was terminal.
(b) Deborah learned that her friend was bankrupt and homeless.
(c) The friend told her she had an affair with Ron.
(d) Deborah saw that her friend was very ill.
9. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
(a) Because he could not see the bottom.
(b) Because of heavy fog.
(c) Because Ron warned him to be careful.
(d) Because his father died on a twisty mountain road.
10. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
(a) His love of Deborah.
(b) His fear of heights.
(c) His trouble sleeping.
(d) His criminal record.
11. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(a) Rocky Top.
(b) Red River Parish.
(d) Fort Worth.
12. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
(a) This person became homeless.
(b) This person was abandoned by a spouse.
(c) This person died of a liver infection.
(d) This person began to live in unbearable physical pain.
13. At the dedication of the new cemetery, what was visible as far as the eye could see when fifty friends and family gathered in Deborah's memory?
(a) Pink roses.
(b) Purple blossoms.
(c) Chocolate lillies.
(d) Yellow flowers.
14. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
(a) That she wasn't leaving until her work was done.
(b) That he must go to her side.
(c) That she was already gone.
(d) That she could go in peace.
15. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
(a) To keep watch.
(b) To cry.
(c) To talk to her and to God.
(d) To rage at God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Denver bring to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital?
2. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
3. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
4. Where was Deborah buried?
5. Why did Ron leave the hospital room when he brought Denver to visit Mr. Ballantine?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)