|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
(a) Denver had only a few months to live.
(b) Antibiotics to stop the infection.
(c) Ron and Deborah should get a divorce.
(d) No treatment because the cancer had advanced too far.
2. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) The heart.
(c) Marriage counseling.
(d) The liver.
3. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(b) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(c) A choir of angels singing.
(d) A vision of Deborah's mother.
4. What did Deborah insist upon doing when Denver failed to arrive on time in Colorado?
(a) Filing a missing person report.
(b) Praying for Denver's safety.
(c) Filing a theft report.
(d) Driving to Colorado to find him.
5. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
(a) A limousine.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A moving van.
(d) A truck.
6. At a ceremony in Deborah's honor, from what book did Ron read Deborah's notes that were scribbled in the margins?
(a) Her family album.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her scrapbook.
(d) Her Bible.
7. How did Denver feel about sleeping in a room in Ron's house?
(a) He felt like he finally had a home.
(b) He felt like he belonged elsewhere.
(c) He felt like Ron did not want him there.
(d) He was not as comfortable with Ron as he was with Deborah.
8. To where did Ron and Denver take a trip together?
(a) To Denver, Colorado.
(b) To Red River Parish.
(c) To Fort Worth, Texas.
(d) To Baton Rouge, Lousiana.
9. What good news for Deborah did her family consider a Christmas present?
(a) Denver declared his love for her.
(b) Her painting finally sold in the gallery.
(c) She was declared cancer-free.
(d) Ron decided to re-commit and be a good husband.
10. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(b) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
(c) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
(d) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
11. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(b) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
(c) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(d) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
12. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(a) Red River Parish.
(b) Rocky Top.
(d) Fort Worth.
13. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
(b) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
(c) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(d) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
14. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) When Denver came to live with them.
(b) Denver's trip to Colorado.
(c) When they decided to run the mission together.
(d) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
15. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Deborah bumped into an old friend from college while shopping, what caused her to return home, crying, with no packages?
2. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
3. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
4. For whom did Denver pray all night?
5. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)