Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
(a) The Chapel of Deborah Hall.
(b) The Union Gospel Mission.
(c) The Worthington Hotel.
(d) The Hyatt Regency.
2. What did Deborah do, despite the doctor's opinion?
(a) Prayed for a miraculous healing for Denver.
(b) Started chemotherapy.
(c) Tried to save her marriage.
(d) Sought counseling.
3. For what did Denver pray all night?
(a) For Deborah's healing.
(b) For Ron and Debbie's marriage to be saved.
(c) For Regan to be cured.
(d) For Miss Bettie to love him.
4. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He was brought by the police.
(b) He was dragged there by Denver.
(c) He was pushed out of a car.
(d) He wandered there on foot.
5. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) Denver's trip to Colorado.
(b) When Denver came to live with them.
(c) When they decided to run the mission together.
(d) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
6. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Deborah had an affair.
(c) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
(d) Ron had an affair.
7. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
(a) Hand-carved oak.
(b) She was cremated.
(c) Ornate with gold leaf.
(d) Plain pine.
8. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
(a) That earthly chains are keeping Deborah from paradise.
(b) That Deborah must confess her sins before she dies.
(c) That Ron must lay hands on Deborah to heal her.
(d) That Deborah still has much work left to do on earth.
9. Where did the Cowboy Spring Gathering take place?
(a) Red River Parish.
(b) Fort Worth.
(d) Rocky Top.
10. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
(a) He spent only his own money.
(b) He slept in the car and ate cheaply.
(c) He won money gambling.
(d) He panhandled on the trip.
11. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) He used to work in this building.
(b) He was kicked out of this building.
(c) His family used to own this building.
(d) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
12. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
(b) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(c) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(d) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
13. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To die there.
(b) To see the city after which he was named.
(c) To please Ron and Deborah.
(d) To visit family he has never seen.
14. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
(a) That he should do it to bless him and not judge him.
(b) That he would do it instead.
(c) That he would break the news to Mr. Ballantine.
(d) That Mr. Ballantine deserved some small pleasures.
15. What was the name of Deborah's palomino pony that came to the funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
2. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
3. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
4. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
5. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)