|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Craig Dearden?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A shelter volunteer.
(c) A physician.
(d) A sharecropper.
2. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
(a) "You are welcome in our home."
(b) "Please look after my family."
(c) "You must finish the work I began."
(d) "Please take care of yourself."
3. What did Denver call Deborah's appearance to him as he slept in her home after her death?
(a) A goulie.
(b) A haunting.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A visitation.
4. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
(a) He panhandled on the trip.
(b) He won money gambling.
(c) He slept in the car and ate cheaply.
(d) He spent only his own money.
5. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To die there.
(b) To visit family he has never seen.
(c) To please Ron and Deborah.
(d) To see the city after which he was named.
6. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
(a) Hand-carved oak.
(b) Plain pine.
(c) Ornate with gold leaf.
(d) She was cremated.
7. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
(a) For healing.
(b) For financial blessings.
(c) For health.
(d) For a new wife and mother to take Deborah's place.
8. When Deborah bumped into an old friend from college while shopping, what caused her to return home, crying, with no packages?
(a) Deborah saw that her friend was very ill.
(b) Deborah learned that her friend was bankrupt and homeless.
(c) The friend told her she had an affair with Ron.
(d) The friend acknowledged that Deborah was terminal.
9. For what did Denver pray all night?
(a) For Regan to be cured.
(b) For Miss Bettie to love him.
(c) For Ron and Debbie's marriage to be saved.
(d) For Deborah's healing.
10. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(a) Sister Bettie.
11. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
(a) Deborah Hall Memorial Chapel.
(b) Miss Debbie's Soup Kitchen.
(c) The House of Deborah Hall.
(d) Deborah Hall Mission for the Needy.
12. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
(a) That he must go to her side.
(b) That she was already gone.
(c) That she wasn't leaving until her work was done.
(d) That she could go in peace.
13. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
(a) Free lunch day at the Lot.
(b) At the art gallery opening.
(c) Bible study.
(d) At a volunteers' meeting.
14. With how much money did Denver return from Colorado?
(a) Every penny he started with.
(d) More than he left with.
15. What did Deborah tell Ron to do after she died?
(a) To go live at the mission full time.
(b) To have Denver move into the house.
(c) To date and remarry.
(d) To date but never remarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
2. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
3. How did Denver feel about sleeping in a room in Ron's house?
4. Where was Deborah buried?
5. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)