|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By which means of transportation did Denver travel to Colorado?
(a) By motorcycle.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By vehicle.
2. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him in the hospital?
(a) He fell off a ladder.
(b) He got in a fight with Denver.
(c) He was beaten by a thief.
(d) He suffered a heart attack.
3. What good news for Deborah did her family consider a Christmas present?
(a) Denver declared his love for her.
(b) Ron decided to re-commit and be a good husband.
(c) She was declared cancer-free.
(d) Her painting finally sold in the gallery.
4. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
(a) Because Ron did not trust Denver.
(b) Because Denver was afraid of becoming lost.
(c) Because Ron was controlling.
(d) Because Denver could not read the highway signs.
5. For what did Denver pray all night?
(a) For Deborah's healing.
(b) For Regan to be cured.
(c) For Ron and Debbie's marriage to be saved.
(d) For Miss Bettie to love him.
6. Who was Craig Dearden?
(a) A sharecropper.
(b) A shelter volunteer.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A physician.
7. What personal crisis struck Ron and Deborah in Chapter 29?
(a) Deborah had an affair.
(b) Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Deborah was diagnosed with cancer.
(d) Ron had an affair.
8. What did Denver bring to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital?
(a) Letters from home.
(c) Comic books.
(d) Cigarettes and food.
9. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
(a) At a volunteers' meeting.
(b) Bible study.
(c) Free lunch day at the Lot.
(d) At the art gallery opening.
10. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(b) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(c) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
(d) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
11. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
(c) Brother Bill.
(d) His daughter.
12. To which building was Denver invited to attend a ceremony to honor Deborah?
(a) The Chapel of Deborah Hall.
(b) The Hyatt Regency.
(c) The Union Gospel Mission.
(d) The Worthington Hotel.
13. What was "Manna" to Denver?
(a) His apartment.
(b) A car.
(c) His friends.
(d) The mission.
14. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(b) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(c) A vision of Deborah's mother.
(d) A choir of angels singing.
15. What was the turning point in the relationship between Denver, Deborah and Ron?
(a) When they decided to run the mission together.
(b) When Denver came to live with them.
(c) When Ron was diagnosed with cancer.
(d) Denver's trip to Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Denver have loaded in the vehicle for the trip to Colorado?
2. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
3. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
4. Why did Ron tell Denver that he did not feel right about having a building named after Deborah?
5. On what special day did Ron and Deborah awaken and Deborah was only able to blink to communicate?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)