|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Denver bring to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital?
(b) Cigarettes and food.
(c) Letters from home.
(d) Comic books.
2. Why did Denver stay at Deborah's grave until night?
(a) To cry.
(b) To keep watch.
(c) To rage at God.
(d) To talk to her and to God.
3. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
(a) His criminal record.
(b) His love of Deborah.
(c) His trouble sleeping.
(d) His fear of heights.
4. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
(a) This person began to live in unbearable physical pain.
(b) This person became homeless.
(c) This person was abandoned by a spouse.
(d) This person died of a liver infection.
5. What did Denver have loaded in the vehicle for the trip to Colorado?
(a) Items stolen from Ron and Deborah.
(b) Ron's daughter's things.
(c) All of his posessions.
(d) Volunteers for the new mission.
6. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
(a) Marriage counseling.
(b) The heart.
(c) The liver.
(d) Mental illness.
7. For what did Denver pray all night?
(a) For Deborah's healing.
(b) For Ron and Debbie's marriage to be saved.
(c) For Regan to be cured.
(d) For Miss Bettie to love him.
8. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
(a) He was kicked out of this building.
(b) He used to work in this building.
(c) His family used to own this building.
(d) He used to seek shelter behind this building when he was homeless.
9. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
(a) For healing.
(b) For a new wife and mother to take Deborah's place.
(c) For health.
(d) For financial blessings.
10. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(b) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(c) A choir of angels singing.
(d) A vision of Deborah's mother.
11. Where was Deborah buried?
(a) Red River Parish.
(c) Fort Worth.
(d) Rocky Top.
12. How did Denver manage to come back from Colorado with so much money?
(a) He slept in the car and ate cheaply.
(b) He panhandled on the trip.
(c) He won money gambling.
(d) He spent only his own money.
13. What was Deborah's message to Denver when she appeared to him after her death?
(a) "You are welcome in our home."
(b) "You must finish the work I began."
(c) "Please look after my family."
(d) "Please take care of yourself."
14. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He wandered there on foot.
(b) He was brought by the police.
(c) He was pushed out of a car.
(d) He was dragged there by Denver.
15. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(b) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(c) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
(d) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
2. What did Bob Crow tell Ron they planned to build?
3. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
4. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
5. Which type of vehicle did Denver take to Colorado?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)