|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron dress differently than the other students when he was college?
(a) He dressed flamboyantly in colorful costumes.
(b) He dressed very formally, even on the weekends.
(c) His mother sewed his clothes from feed sacks.
(d) His clothes were tattered and worn because he was so poor.
2. How many boys were there in the group that nearly killed Denver?
3. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
(a) He hid behind the wheel, hoping they would not see him.
(b) He climbed into the cab of the truck and hid.
(c) He stood up so they would not think he was hiding.
(d) He began to walk away quickly.
4. What type of hardwood trees surrounded the Red River Parish plantation of Denver's youth?
5. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
(a) She was the skinniest, nosiest, pushiest white or black woman he ever met.
(b) She was rude and prejudiced against blacks.
(c) She hated the homeless.
(d) She was his guardian angel.
6. How soon after arriving in Fort Worth did Denver meet Deborah?
(a) Only a few hours.
(b) Many years.
(c) Many months.
(d) Immediately, because she met him at the train station.
7. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
(a) Two rare Picasso sculptures.
(b) Three Georgia O'Keefe paintings.
(c) Three Monet landscapes.
(d) $100,000 in cash and two bars of gold.
8. What did Deborah witness a large black man complaining about being stolen from him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His car keys.
9. Looking back as an adult on the scene with the cruel teacher from his youth, how does Ron feel?
10. In which part of Fort Worth was Ron raised?
(a) Falcon Square.
(b) Red River Parish.
(d) Haltom City.
11. How did Denver feel about Deborah when he met her?
(a) He felt attacked by her.
(b) He felt attracted to her.
(c) He felt loved by her.
(d) He felt repulsed by her.
12. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
(a) He had sympathy because he used to be homeless.
(b) He was heartbroken for the future of the homeless.
(c) He was grateful that there were no homeless people begging on the streets of Fort Worth.
(d) He was pleased that the city was moving the homeless so they would not bother him anymore.
13. Who was supposed to receive the Dixie cup Ron handed to his teacher by mistake?
(a) The science teacher.
(b) A scientist in the front office.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) The principal.
14. What special event did Deborah start for the needy women?
(a) Pampering Night.
(b) Beauty Shop Night.
(c) Massage Night.
(d) Nail Salon Night.
15. What is the name of the facility where Ron and his wife volunteered their time?
(a) The First Church of Denver.
(b) The Union Gospel Mission.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) The Red River Parish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city project did Ron view from his seat on the private Falcon jet?
2. What name did Deborah and Ron mistakenly call Denver?
3. What part of Ron's body ached as he endured the humiliating punishment from his teacher?
4. Who did Ron dream of showing how successful he had become as he flew along in a private jet?
5. Who was called Li'l Buddy, while growing up?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)