|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron decide to volunteer his time to help the needy?
(a) He wanted to set a good example for his wife.
(b) Denver invited him to join him.
(c) He felt that God had called him to serve.
(d) He wanted to be a good husband.
2. Of what social class was Ron a member while growing up?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Lower-middle class.
(c) Blue-collar middle class.
(d) Upper-middle class.
3. What was the name of the mean teacher who punished Ron for his honest mistake?
(a) Miss O'Keefe.
(b) Mrs. Denver.
(c) Miss Poe.
(d) Mrs. Hall.
4. What is the name of the facility where Ron and his wife volunteered their time?
(a) The First Church of Denver.
(b) The Red River Parish.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) The Union Gospel Mission.
5. During his time working as a sharecropper picking cotton, what did Denver receive instead of a paycheck?
(a) Four square meals a day at the farmhouse kitchen table.
(b) A new bike every Christmas.
(c) A shack and supplies on which he made payments to the Man.
(d) Room and board in the Man's house.
6. Why did Li'l Buddy not play much as a child?
(a) He spent his time reading adventure novels.
(b) He preferred the company of the older folks.
(c) He spent every free moment fishing.
(d) Big Mama gave him so many chores.
7. How did Denver's father die?
(a) He was dragged to death behind a horse.
(b) He was stabbed to death.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He died of alcohol poisoning.
8. During Ron's punishment from the mean teacher, what caused half of the chalk circle to disappear?
(a) Help from Ron's friends.
(b) The rain.
(c) Ron's hands.
(d) Ron's tears.
9. What is the "hobo code of honor" that Denver discovered in Chapter 15?
(a) An agreement to not turn each other in to the police for any reason.
(b) An agreement to back each other up in a fight.
(c) An agreement to take turns keeping watch in the park at night while others sleep.
(d) An agreement to share what they have with each other.
10. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
(a) Three Georgia O'Keefe paintings.
(b) Two rare Picasso sculptures.
(c) $100,000 in cash and two bars of gold.
(d) Three Monet landscapes.
11. How is Ron's mother described?
(a) A Texas farm girl who sewed and baked cookies.
(b) An artist and sculptor.
(c) A bad-tempered boss who ran the family cotton farm.
(d) A spiritual woman who quoted Scripture.
12. In Chapter 2: Ron, Ron recalls a humiliating experience as a child. What honest mistake did Ron make with his teacher?
(a) He accidently called her "Mama."
(b) He tripped and bumped a cart of art supplies that dumped paint in his teacher's lap.
(c) He became nervous and forgot his lines in the school play.
(d) He mistakenly delivered something to her that was meant for someone else.
13. What were the names of Ron's parents?
(a) Earl and Tommye.
(b) Big Mama and PawPaw.
(c) Thurman and Hershalee.
(d) Denver and Deborah.
14. Which members of Li'l Buddy's family died when they were trapped in the house?
(a) PawPaw and Uncle James.
(b) Ron and Buddy.
(c) Earl and Tommye.
(d) Big Mama and Cousin Chook.
15. How many boys were there in the group that nearly killed Denver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the needy have to sit through in order to receive a free dinner?
2. To what danger did the family pet alert Li'l Buddy?
3. What did Chef Jim receive for his cooking?
4. What did Ron give Deborah after he became wealthy to make her forgive him for using her stock?
5. Before the boys who nearly killed Denver spotted him near the vehicle, what did they ask the white woman?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)