|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron dress differently than the other students when he was college?
(a) He dressed very formally, even on the weekends.
(b) He dressed flamboyantly in colorful costumes.
(c) His mother sewed his clothes from feed sacks.
(d) His clothes were tattered and worn because he was so poor.
2. How is Ron's mother described?
(a) A spiritual woman who quoted Scripture.
(b) A Texas farm girl who sewed and baked cookies.
(c) A bad-tempered boss who ran the family cotton farm.
(d) An artist and sculptor.
3. What did Chef Jim receive for his cooking?
(a) Free meals.
(b) A car.
(c) Nothing, because he refused to accept pay.
(d) Room and board.
4. Who encouraged Ron and Denver to become friends?
(a) Chef Jim.
(b) Brother Bill.
(d) Sister Bettie.
5. When the Falcon jet landed, what happened to Ron?
(a) He was robbed by three homeless men who beat him and stole $100,000 in cash.
(b) He sold the Falcon jet to a wealthy client and made his first fortune.
(c) He made $100,000 on the sale of three paintings and attended a luncheon in his honor.
(d) He drove to his former teacher's house to confront her about her cruelty years ago.
6. How did Denver's father die?
(a) He was dragged to death behind a horse.
(b) He died of alcohol poisoning.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He was stabbed to death.
7. Who did Big Mama and PawPaw raise as their own?
(a) Ron and Deborah.
(b) Earl and Tommye.
(c) Denver, Thurman and Hershalee.
(d) James, Bobby and Cousin Chook.
8. What special event did Deborah start for the needy women?
(a) Beauty Shop Night.
(b) Pampering Night.
(c) Nail Salon Night.
(d) Massage Night.
9. Who helped Deborah plan special events for the needy?
(a) Mary Ellen.
(d) Brother Bill.
10. Who did Ron dream of showing how successful he had become as he flew along in a private jet?
(a) The homeless people with whom he grew up.
(b) His ex-wife and all the children who tormented him as a child.
(c) Former co-workers and his old boss.
(d) His mean teacher, old girlfriends and his graduating class.
11. What family pet woke Li'l Buddy one night and alerted him to danger in the house?
(b) Pot-bellied pig.
12. What happened to Ron's art gallery to confirm his negative opinion of the homeless?
(a) A homeless woman snuck into his store and stole a priceless painting.
(b) Two bums stole cash and jewelry from his store.
(c) He was robbed at gunpoint by a homeless man who stole his wallet.
(d) Two bums slept in the doorway of his art gallery and scared customers away.
13. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
(a) She hated the homeless.
(b) She was rude and prejudiced against blacks.
(c) She was the skinniest, nosiest, pushiest white or black woman he ever met.
(d) She was his guardian angel.
14. What affliction affected Ron's father when Ron was a child?
(a) He suffered a head injury and lost his memory.
(b) He became an alcoholic.
(c) He became deaf.
(d) He lost an arm in a machinery accident.
15. Why did Denver fear that something bad would happen to Deborah?
(a) Because she had scorned him.
(b) Because she was too trusting of the homeless.
(c) Because she deserved to be punished.
(d) Because her work was so important to God and Satan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Denver when he was nearly killed by a group of white boys?
2. What was celebrated by the volunteers with frosted sheet cake one evening per month?
3. Who was supposed to receive the Dixie cup Ron handed to his teacher by mistake?
4. What is the name of the facility where Ron and his wife volunteered their time?
5. Before meeting Deborah, when was the last time Denver spoke to a white woman?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)