Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the needy have to sit through in order to receive a free dinner?
(a) Lectures on finding jobs.
(b) Sermons from Brother Bill.
(c) Counseling sessions with Ron and Deborah.
(d) Medical exams.
2. How soon after arriving in Fort Worth did Denver meet Deborah?
(a) Many years.
(b) Immediately, because she met him at the train station.
(c) Only a few hours.
(d) Many months.
3. How many years did Denver work the cotton fields?
4. Why did Li'l Buddy not play much as a child?
(a) He spent his time reading adventure novels.
(b) He preferred the company of the older folks.
(c) He spent every free moment fishing.
(d) Big Mama gave him so many chores.
5. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
(a) She hated the homeless.
(b) She was the skinniest, nosiest, pushiest white or black woman he ever met.
(c) She was his guardian angel.
(d) She was rude and prejudiced against blacks.
6. Same Kind of Different as Me is what type of book?
(a) Non-fiction autobiography.
(b) Non-fiction biography.
(c) Historical fiction.
(d) Romantic fiction.
7. In Chapter 13, Denver looked back on life as a sharecropper. How did he feel at age 18 in a 2-room shack with a bed, table, stove and an outhouse?
(a) Like he was living "high on the hog."
(b) That things could only get better.
(c) Like things were okay and he would survive.
(d) That he was at a dead-end.
8. What type of person was Uncle James?
(a) A homeless man who smiled every day just because he was alive.
(b) A Christian man who quoted Scripture.
(c) The Man.
(d) A greedy and power-hungry man.
9. Who was called Li'l Buddy, while growing up?
(c) Uncle James.
10. When the Falcon jet landed, what happened to Ron?
(a) He drove to his former teacher's house to confront her about her cruelty years ago.
(b) He was robbed by three homeless men who beat him and stole $100,000 in cash.
(c) He made $100,000 on the sale of three paintings and attended a luncheon in his honor.
(d) He sold the Falcon jet to a wealthy client and made his first fortune.
11. Who did Big Mama and PawPaw raise as their own?
(a) Ron and Deborah.
(b) James, Bobby and Cousin Chook.
(c) Denver, Thurman and Hershalee.
(d) Earl and Tommye.
12. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
(a) State leaders.
(b) Foreign investors.
(c) The mission volunteers.
(d) Local billionaires.
13. Where did Ron endure his teacher's cruel punishment?
(a) At his teacher's home.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) On the playground.
(d) On the stage of the school auditorium.
14. How is Ron's mother described?
(a) A bad-tempered boss who ran the family cotton farm.
(b) A spiritual woman who quoted Scripture.
(c) An artist and sculptor.
(d) A Texas farm girl who sewed and baked cookies.
15. What did Deborah tell Ron she saw in a dream?
(a) Instructions from God to go volunteer with the needy.
(b) The face of a man who would save the city.
(c) A woman called Big Mama who would help Denver.
(d) Her son in heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "the Man" mean?
2. After three years of hard work and debt due to sharecropping, what did Uncle James do?
3. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
4. Who did Ron dream of showing how successful he had become as he flew along in a private jet?
5. In which state is the plantation that Denver worked as a teenager?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)