|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
(a) He was grateful that there were no homeless people begging on the streets of Fort Worth.
(b) He was pleased that the city was moving the homeless so they would not bother him anymore.
(c) He was heartbroken for the future of the homeless.
(d) He had sympathy because he used to be homeless.
2. Where did Ron endure his teacher's cruel punishment?
(a) At his teacher's home.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) On the playground.
(d) On the stage of the school auditorium.
3. Same Kind of Different as Me is what type of book?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Non-fiction autobiography.
(c) Non-fiction biography.
(d) Romantic fiction.
4. What did Ron give Deborah after he became wealthy to make her forgive him for using her stock?
(a) The keys to a homeless shelter he purchased for her to run.
(b) A priceless Georgia O'Keefe painting.
(c) A gold Piaget watch and a mink jacket.
(d) A Falcon jet.
5. During what era did Ron attend school and receive an unjust punishment for his honest mistake?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1940s.
6. During his time working as a sharecropper picking cotton, what did Denver receive instead of a paycheck?
(a) A new bike every Christmas.
(b) Room and board in the Man's house.
(c) A shack and supplies on which he made payments to the Man.
(d) Four square meals a day at the farmhouse kitchen table.
7. Why was Ron flying in a private jet over the city?
(a) He was on his way to sell very valuable paintings to the owner of the jet.
(b) He was the private pilot of a wealthy family.
(c) He owned the jet and was on his way to a luncheon in his honor.
(d) He had many wealthy friends who made their private jets available to him.
8. What type of person was Uncle James?
(a) A homeless man who smiled every day just because he was alive.
(b) A Christian man who quoted Scripture.
(c) The Man.
(d) A greedy and power-hungry man.
9. Before meeting Deborah, when was the last time Denver spoke to a white woman?
(a) When he helped a woman with car trouble as a teenager.
(b) When his father was killed and a kindly white nurse took pity on young Denver.
(c) When the mission volunteers brought him lunch on the plantation.
(d) When he met a homeless white woman hitching a train ride.
10. When the Falcon jet landed, what happened to Ron?
(a) He made $100,000 on the sale of three paintings and attended a luncheon in his honor.
(b) He sold the Falcon jet to a wealthy client and made his first fortune.
(c) He drove to his former teacher's house to confront her about her cruelty years ago.
(d) He was robbed by three homeless men who beat him and stole $100,000 in cash.
11. What was the name of the mean teacher who punished Ron for his honest mistake?
(a) Miss O'Keefe.
(b) Mrs. Hall.
(c) Mrs. Denver.
(d) Miss Poe.
12. Denver recalled stories from his childhood about black men being fed to a gator for doing what?
(a) Helping a stranded white woman with car trouble.
(b) Looking at a white woman.
(c) Stealing cotton and selling it in town.
(d) Robbing the Man.
13. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
(a) The mission volunteers.
(b) Local billionaires.
(c) State leaders.
(d) Foreign investors.
14. Denver lacked which basic abilities when he arrived in Fort Worth?
(a) He could not sign his name or use a telephone.
(b) He could not read, write or figure.
(c) He could not hear or speak well.
(d) He could not run or walk quickly.
15. How many boys were there in the group that nearly killed Denver?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons did Ron decide that Granddaddy was "the Man"?
2. How old was Denver when he was nearly killed by a group of white boys?
3. With what problem did Denver help the white woman who was stranded with her vehicle on the side of the road?
4. Who was supposed to receive the Dixie cup Ron handed to his teacher by mistake?
5. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)