|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person was Uncle James?
(a) A homeless man who smiled every day just because he was alive.
(b) A Christian man who quoted Scripture.
(c) A greedy and power-hungry man.
(d) The Man.
2. Who did Big Mama and PawPaw raise as their own?
(a) James, Bobby and Cousin Chook.
(b) Denver, Thurman and Hershalee.
(c) Ron and Deborah.
(d) Earl and Tommye.
3. What city project did Ron view from his seat on the private Falcon jet?
(a) The foundation for a giant urban expansion of towers and buildings.
(b) Land-clearing to create a giant city park.
(c) An abandoned military base being converted to an airport.
(d) A mission and chapel being built to support the homeless.
4. Denver recalled stories from his childhood about black men being fed to a gator for doing what?
(a) Helping a stranded white woman with car trouble.
(b) Robbing the Man.
(c) Looking at a white woman.
(d) Stealing cotton and selling it in town.
5. In Chapter 2: Ron, Ron recalls a humiliating experience as a child. What honest mistake did Ron make with his teacher?
(a) He accidently called her "Mama."
(b) He tripped and bumped a cart of art supplies that dumped paint in his teacher's lap.
(c) He mistakenly delivered something to her that was meant for someone else.
(d) He became nervous and forgot his lines in the school play.
6. What family pet woke Li'l Buddy one night and alerted him to danger in the house?
(d) Pot-bellied pig.
7. What happened to Ron's art gallery to confirm his negative opinion of the homeless?
(a) Two bums slept in the doorway of his art gallery and scared customers away.
(b) A homeless woman snuck into his store and stole a priceless painting.
(c) Two bums stole cash and jewelry from his store.
(d) He was robbed at gunpoint by a homeless man who stole his wallet.
8. With what problem did Denver help the white woman who was stranded with her vehicle on the side of the road?
(a) Fixing a leaky radiator.
(b) Replacing a loose belt.
(c) Putting out an engine fire.
(d) Changing a tire.
9. What did Ron do for a living before becoming a successful and wealthy art dealer?
(a) He was an investment banker.
(b) He was a postal worker.
(c) He was an artist who could not sell his work.
(d) He was an art teacher.
10. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
(a) He was heartbroken for the future of the homeless.
(b) He was grateful that there were no homeless people begging on the streets of Fort Worth.
(c) He was pleased that the city was moving the homeless so they would not bother him anymore.
(d) He had sympathy because he used to be homeless.
11. Who was called Li'l Buddy, while growing up?
(c) Uncle James.
12. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
(a) He stood up so they would not think he was hiding.
(b) He began to walk away quickly.
(c) He climbed into the cab of the truck and hid.
(d) He hid behind the wheel, hoping they would not see him.
13. What was the name of the neighborhood in which Ron opened an art gallery in Fort Worth?
(a) Mission Square.
(b) Sundance Square.
(c) Falcon Square.
(d) Renaissance Square.
14. Why did Ron decide to volunteer his time to help the needy?
(a) He felt that God had called him to serve.
(b) Denver invited him to join him.
(c) He wanted to be a good husband.
(d) He wanted to set a good example for his wife.
15. From where was Denver returning when he spotted the white woman with car trouble on the side of the road?
(a) The Man's house where he was visiting Bobby.
(b) His father BB's shack on the plantation.
(c) The Man's house where he stole a bike.
(d) His aunt's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Deborah and Ron mistakenly call Denver?
2. Same Kind of Different as Me is what type of book?
3. What did the white woman stranded with car trouble do when the boys attacked Denver?
4. The boy who roped Denver and nearly killed him claimed he was teaching Denver a lesson about what?
5. In which state is the plantation that Denver worked as a teenager?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)