|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what material did Big Mama sew her large dresses?
(a) Feed bags.
(b) Flower sacks.
(c) Her husband's worn shirts.
(d) Any material donated to the mission.
2. Why did Ron's upscale art gallery in Fort Worth not post the prices of the paintings they had for sale?
(a) The prices were negotiable and buyers always bargained with sellers of fine art.
(b) Ron believed it was bad luck to post price tags on the paintings.
(c) Greasy, smelly homeless people wandered the area.
(d) It was considered inappropriate to post prices on very expensive art.
3. Who encouraged Ron and Denver to become friends?
(b) Sister Bettie.
(c) Chef Jim.
(d) Brother Bill.
4. What did the white woman stranded with car trouble do when the boys attacked Denver?
(a) She said nothing.
(b) She shot the redheaded boy.
(c) She threatened the boys with a gun and they let him go.
(d) She ran for help.
5. What did friendship mean to Denver?
(a) A bond between men that could not be trusted.
(b) A new kind of family.
(c) It meant nothing.
(d) A commitment to fight together or die together.
6. Who was called Li'l Buddy, while growing up?
(a) Uncle James.
7. What special event did Deborah start for the needy women?
(a) Massage Night.
(b) Pampering Night.
(c) Nail Salon Night.
(d) Beauty Shop Night.
8. What type of person was Uncle James?
(a) A Christian man who quoted Scripture.
(b) A homeless man who smiled every day just because he was alive.
(c) A greedy and power-hungry man.
(d) The Man.
9. Of what social class was Ron a member while growing up?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Upper-middle class.
(c) Blue-collar middle class.
(d) Lower-middle class.
10. What grade was Ron in when he faced his teacher's cruel punishment?
(a) Ninth grade.
(b) Second grade.
(c) Twelfth grade.
11. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
(a) Three Georgia O'Keefe paintings.
(b) Two rare Picasso sculptures.
(c) $100,000 in cash and two bars of gold.
(d) Three Monet landscapes.
12. Before the boys who nearly killed Denver spotted him near the vehicle, what did they ask the white woman?
(a) If she was Bobby's aunt.
(b) If she needed help.
(c) If she needed a ride.
(d) If she had seen Denver.
13. Who were Don Shisler and Pam?
(a) A preacher and his assistant.
(b) Sharecroppers who changed Ron's life.
(c) The director and volunteer coordinator of the facility.
(d) The people who saved Denver's life.
14. From where was Denver returning when he spotted the white woman with car trouble on the side of the road?
(a) His father BB's shack on the plantation.
(b) The Man's house where he was visiting Bobby.
(c) His aunt's house.
(d) The Man's house where he stole a bike.
15. In which part of Fort Worth was Ron raised?
(a) Falcon Square.
(b) Red River Parish.
(d) Haltom City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Denver finally make his escape from life on the cotton fields to being homeless in Fort Worth, Texas?
2. To what danger did the family pet alert Li'l Buddy?
3. What was the name of the mean teacher who punished Ron for his honest mistake?
4. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
5. Where did Deborah first meet Denver?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)