|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2: Ron, Ron recalls a humiliating experience as a child. What honest mistake did Ron make with his teacher?
(a) He tripped and bumped a cart of art supplies that dumped paint in his teacher's lap.
(b) He became nervous and forgot his lines in the school play.
(c) He accidently called her "Mama."
(d) He mistakenly delivered something to her that was meant for someone else.
2. How old was Denver when he was nearly killed by a group of white boys?
3. What did Deborah witness a large black man complaining about being stolen from him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His car keys.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His suitcase.
4. Why did Denver fear that something bad would happen to Deborah?
(a) Because she deserved to be punished.
(b) Because her work was so important to God and Satan.
(c) Because she had scorned him.
(d) Because she was too trusting of the homeless.
5. What name did Deborah and Ron mistakenly call Denver?
6. What did Deborah insist would repair her marriage after Ron had an affair?
(a) A couple's therapy retreat.
(b) Volunteering at the Union Gospel Mission.
(c) A cruise around the world.
(d) Working for the Peace Corps for 18 months.
7. Of what social class was Ron a member while growing up?
(a) Upper-middle class.
(b) Blue-collar middle class.
(c) Lower-middle class.
(d) Upper class.
8. What did the needy have to sit through in order to receive a free dinner?
(a) Lectures on finding jobs.
(b) Sermons from Brother Bill.
(c) Medical exams.
(d) Counseling sessions with Ron and Deborah.
9. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
(a) The mission volunteers.
(b) Foreign investors.
(c) Local billionaires.
(d) State leaders.
10. Why was Ron flying in a private jet over the city?
(a) He was the private pilot of a wealthy family.
(b) He had many wealthy friends who made their private jets available to him.
(c) He owned the jet and was on his way to a luncheon in his honor.
(d) He was on his way to sell very valuable paintings to the owner of the jet.
11. Same Kind of Different as Me is what type of book?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Non-fiction biography.
(c) Non-fiction autobiography.
(d) Romantic fiction.
12. What were the names of Ron's parents?
(a) Earl and Tommye.
(b) Denver and Deborah.
(c) Big Mama and PawPaw.
(d) Thurman and Hershalee.
13. Who was supposed to receive the Dixie cup Ron handed to his teacher by mistake?
(a) The principal.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) A scientist in the front office.
(d) The science teacher.
14. Where did Deborah first meet Denver?
(a) At the Lot.
(b) At Starbucks.
(c) At the mission.
(d) At the Red River Parish.
15. What city project did Ron view from his seat on the private Falcon jet?
(a) Land-clearing to create a giant city park.
(b) The foundation for a giant urban expansion of towers and buildings.
(c) A mission and chapel being built to support the homeless.
(d) An abandoned military base being converted to an airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Ron's body ached as he endured the humiliating punishment from his teacher?
2. What happened to Ron's art gallery to confirm his negative opinion of the homeless?
3. What did Chef Jim receive for his cooking?
4. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
5. To what danger did the family pet alert Li'l Buddy?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)