|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Falcon jet landed, what happened to Ron?
(a) He made $100,000 on the sale of three paintings and attended a luncheon in his honor.
(b) He sold the Falcon jet to a wealthy client and made his first fortune.
(c) He drove to his former teacher's house to confront her about her cruelty years ago.
(d) He was robbed by three homeless men who beat him and stole $100,000 in cash.
2. Why did Li'l Buddy not play much as a child?
(a) Big Mama gave him so many chores.
(b) He spent every free moment fishing.
(c) He spent his time reading adventure novels.
(d) He preferred the company of the older folks.
3. How many years did Denver work the cotton fields?
4. During Ron's punishment from the mean teacher, what caused half of the chalk circle to disappear?
(a) Help from Ron's friends.
(b) Ron's hands.
(c) The rain.
(d) Ron's tears.
5. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
(a) Three Georgia O'Keefe paintings.
(b) $100,000 in cash and two bars of gold.
(c) Three Monet landscapes.
(d) Two rare Picasso sculptures.
6. What is the "hobo code of honor" that Denver discovered in Chapter 15?
(a) An agreement to take turns keeping watch in the park at night while others sleep.
(b) An agreement to share what they have with each other.
(c) An agreement to not turn each other in to the police for any reason.
(d) An agreement to back each other up in a fight.
7. What made Denver leave the plantation?
(a) He wanted more fun in his life.
(b) The plantation went under and Denver was out of a job.
(c) He had goals for himself and wanted an education.
(d) He was tired of being poor.
8. Who encouraged Ron and Denver to become friends?
(b) Chef Jim.
(c) Sister Bettie.
(d) Brother Bill.
9. What did Deborah tell Ron she saw in a dream?
(a) A woman called Big Mama who would help Denver.
(b) Her son in heaven.
(c) The face of a man who would save the city.
(d) Instructions from God to go volunteer with the needy.
10. Who did Ron dream of showing how successful he had become as he flew along in a private jet?
(a) Former co-workers and his old boss.
(b) His mean teacher, old girlfriends and his graduating class.
(c) His ex-wife and all the children who tormented him as a child.
(d) The homeless people with whom he grew up.
11. What special event did Deborah start for the needy women?
(a) Massage Night.
(b) Pampering Night.
(c) Nail Salon Night.
(d) Beauty Shop Night.
12. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
(a) She was his guardian angel.
(b) She was the skinniest, nosiest, pushiest white or black woman he ever met.
(c) She was rude and prejudiced against blacks.
(d) She hated the homeless.
13. How is Ron's mother described?
(a) An artist and sculptor.
(b) A spiritual woman who quoted Scripture.
(c) A Texas farm girl who sewed and baked cookies.
(d) A bad-tempered boss who ran the family cotton farm.
14. What punishment did Ron's teacher inflict on him for his honest mistake in second grade?
(a) She forced him to read a letter of apology in front of the entire class.
(b) She took away his desk and made him sit on the floor for the entire year.
(c) She made him press his nose against the wall.
(d) She pulled down his pants and spanked him in front of his classmates.
15. What did Ron do for a living before becoming a successful and wealthy art dealer?
(a) He was an artist who could not sell his work.
(b) He was a postal worker.
(c) He was an art teacher.
(d) He was an investment banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Denver lacked which basic abilities when he arrived in Fort Worth?
2. What did friendship mean to Denver?
3. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
4. Where did Deborah first meet Denver?
5. What did the white woman stranded with car trouble do when the boys attacked Denver?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)