|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 63 to 67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his time working as a sharecropper picking cotton, what did Denver receive instead of a paycheck?
(a) A shack and supplies on which he made payments to the Man.
(b) A new bike every Christmas.
(c) Four square meals a day at the farmhouse kitchen table.
(d) Room and board in the Man's house.
2. Who had a new job in Denver, Colorado and got Denver's help transporting her things there?
(b) Sister Bettie.
(d) Mary Lou.
3. What affliction affected Ron's father when Ron was a child?
(a) He became deaf.
(b) He lost an arm in a machinery accident.
(c) He became an alcoholic.
(d) He suffered a head injury and lost his memory.
4. How did Denver's father die?
(a) He died of alcohol poisoning.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He was dragged to death behind a horse.
(d) He was stabbed to death.
5. Why was Ron asked to live on the Murchison Estate in Dallas at the end of the book?
(a) To sell their art.
(b) To enjoy the rest of his days.
(c) To be a caretaker.
(d) To curate a museum there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Denver's father?
2. How did Ron react to Pearlie Mae's home?
3. Where was Deborah buried?
4. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
5. What was in the Dixie cup that Ron handed to his teacher?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)