|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 to 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
(a) She was rude and prejudiced against blacks.
(b) She hated the homeless.
(c) She was the skinniest, nosiest, pushiest white or black woman he ever met.
(d) She was his guardian angel.
2. Which members of Li'l Buddy's family died when they were trapped in the house?
(a) Ron and Buddy.
(b) PawPaw and Uncle James.
(c) Earl and Tommye.
(d) Big Mama and Cousin Chook.
3. In Chapter 2: Ron, Ron recalls a humiliating experience as a child. What honest mistake did Ron make with his teacher?
(a) He accidently called her "Mama."
(b) He tripped and bumped a cart of art supplies that dumped paint in his teacher's lap.
(c) He became nervous and forgot his lines in the school play.
(d) He mistakenly delivered something to her that was meant for someone else.
4. In Chapter 13, Denver looked back on life as a sharecropper. How did he feel at age 18 in a 2-room shack with a bed, table, stove and an outhouse?
(a) Like he was living "high on the hog."
(b) That he was at a dead-end.
(c) That things could only get better.
(d) Like things were okay and he would survive.
5. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Denver's presence at the ceremony for Deborah a reminder to him of his past?
2. How many boys were there in the group that nearly killed Denver?
3. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
4. What was Dr. Goldstein's diagnosis?
5. What fear of Denver's did he overcome at the Cowboy Spring Gathering?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)