|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 to 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
(b) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(c) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(d) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
2. What was Dr. Robert Goldstein's specialty?
(a) The heart.
(b) The liver.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Marriage counseling.
3. When Denver learned that Deborah had only days to live, what did he say?
(a) That she was already gone.
(b) That she wasn't leaving until her work was done.
(c) That she could go in peace.
(d) That he must go to her side.
4. Who did Ron dream of showing how successful he had become as he flew along in a private jet?
(a) Former co-workers and his old boss.
(b) The homeless people with whom he grew up.
(c) His mean teacher, old girlfriends and his graduating class.
(d) His ex-wife and all the children who tormented him as a child.
5. What did Ron give Deborah after he became wealthy to make her forgive him for using her stock?
(a) A gold Piaget watch and a mink jacket.
(b) The keys to a homeless shelter he purchased for her to run.
(c) A Falcon jet.
(d) A priceless Georgia O'Keefe painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hardwood trees surrounded the Red River Parish plantation of Denver's youth?
2. What type of person was Uncle James?
3. What did Chef Jim receive for his cooking?
4. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
5. Before meeting Deborah, when was the last time Denver spoke to a white woman?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)