|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 to 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Deborah first meet Denver?
(a) At the Lot.
(b) At the mission.
(c) At Starbucks.
(d) At the Red River Parish.
2. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
(a) Because he failed to arrive in Colorado on time.
(b) Because Deborah was sure Denver was dead.
(c) Because he did not return anyone's phone calls.
(d) Because Ron began to fear he was robbed.
3. How did the white boys who attacked Denver nearly kill him?
(a) They beat him with baseball bats.
(b) They roped his neck and attempted to drag him.
(c) They wrestled him and tried to strangle him.
(d) They tried to run him over with their car.
4. Why did Ron decide to volunteer his time to help the needy?
(a) He wanted to be a good husband.
(b) Denver invited him to join him.
(c) He wanted to set a good example for his wife.
(d) He felt that God had called him to serve.
5. Who looked perfectly well, despite battling an illness?
(d) Sister Bettie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Denver looked back on life as a sharecropper. How did he feel at age 18 in a 2-room shack with a bed, table, stove and an outhouse?
2. After three years of hard work and debt due to sharecropping, what did Uncle James do?
3. Denver agreed to the Colorado trip, but warned Ron of what?
4. What was celebrated by the volunteers with frosted sheet cake one evening per month?
5. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)