|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 to 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
(a) The mission volunteers.
(b) Foreign investors.
(c) State leaders.
(d) Local billionaires.
2. For whom did Denver pray all night?
(a) Sister Bettie.
3. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
(a) Writing his life story.
(b) College entrance exams.
(c) The written part of the driving test.
(d) Writing a resume.
4. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
(a) That Ron would never return his friendship.
(b) That he would be homeless again.
(c) That he would soon lose his job as a volunteer.
(d) That another person close to him would die.
5. What does "the Man" mean?
(a) Someone who rents the land he farms and struggles to make a profit.
(b) A wealthy landowner who shares equally in the profits and losses with his sharecroppers.
(c) A wealthy man from "old money."
(d) A landowner who forces workers to harvest his crops and pays them with credit that they spend at his company store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to a key person in this book in Chapter 34?
2. How is Ron's mother described?
3. In Chapter 2: Ron, Ron recalls a humiliating experience as a child. What honest mistake did Ron make with his teacher?
4. What did Deborah do, despite the doctor's opinion?
5. What were the names of Ron's parents?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)