|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 to 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom was Ron having lunch when he received an important phone call from Deborah?
(a) His daughter.
(d) Brother Bill.
2. According to the account of Denver's life on the cotton fields in Chapter 1: Denver, what things could Denver claim he actually owned on the plantation?
(a) A pig and two pairs of overalls.
(b) Everything he had was owned by the Man.
(c) A shack and a lame pony.
(d) An outhouse.
3. What did the needy have to sit through in order to receive a free dinner?
(a) Lectures on finding jobs.
(b) Medical exams.
(c) Sermons from Brother Bill.
(d) Counseling sessions with Ron and Deborah.
4. How much money did Denver take to Colorado?
5. Why did Denver want to travel to Colorado?
(a) To please Ron and Deborah.
(b) To see the city after which he was named.
(c) To visit family he has never seen.
(d) To die there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ron's upscale art gallery in Fort Worth not post the prices of the paintings they had for sale?
2. During Ron's punishment from the mean teacher, what caused half of the chalk circle to disappear?
3. Who was Craig Dearden?
4. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
5. In Chapter 13, Denver looked back on life as a sharecropper. How did he feel at age 18 in a 2-room shack with a bed, table, stove and an outhouse?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)