|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 to 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
(a) He was heartbroken for the future of the homeless.
(b) He was grateful that there were no homeless people begging on the streets of Fort Worth.
(c) He had sympathy because he used to be homeless.
(d) He was pleased that the city was moving the homeless so they would not bother him anymore.
2. What ethnicity were the "good ole boys" described in Chapter 1: Denver?
(b) American Indian.
3. How did Denver's father die?
(a) He died of alcohol poisoning.
(b) He was stabbed to death.
(c) He was dragged to death behind a horse.
(d) He committed suicide.
4. For what reasons did Ron decide that Granddaddy was "the Man"?
(a) He hired blacks and whites to work for him, but fed the whites at the farmhouse and the blacks at the grocery store.
(b) He was in debt at the company store and could not make a profit on his land.
(c) Because Uncle James told him so.
(d) He came from "old money."
5. What special event did Deborah start for the needy women?
(a) Pampering Night.
(b) Massage Night.
(c) Beauty Shop Night.
(d) Nail Salon Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ron endure his teacher's cruel punishment?
2. What city project did Ron view from his seat on the private Falcon jet?
3. Why did Ron dress differently than the other students when he was college?
4. What part of Ron's body ached as he endured the humiliating punishment from his teacher?
5. What made Denver leave the plantation?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)