|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 to 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Don Shisler and Pam?
(a) Sharecroppers who changed Ron's life.
(b) A preacher and his assistant.
(c) The director and volunteer coordinator of the facility.
(d) The people who saved Denver's life.
2. The boy who roped Denver and nearly killed him claimed he was teaching Denver a lesson about what?
(a) Helping people with car trouble.
(b) Being off the plantation.
(c) Bothering white ladies.
(d) Being where he wasn't welcome.
3. Who was supposed to receive the Dixie cup Ron handed to his teacher by mistake?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) A scientist in the front office.
(c) The principal.
(d) The science teacher.
4. What did the needy have to sit through in order to receive a free dinner?
(a) Medical exams.
(b) Sermons from Brother Bill.
(c) Counseling sessions with Ron and Deborah.
(d) Lectures on finding jobs.
5. What was celebrated by the volunteers with frosted sheet cake one evening per month?
(a) Homeless Help Night.
(b) New Visitors Night.
(c) Birthday Night.
(d) Free Dinner Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade was Ron in when he faced his teacher's cruel punishment?
2. Which members of Li'l Buddy's family died when they were trapped in the house?
3. What special event did Deborah start for the needy women?
4. Why was one of the central figures in the book called Li'l Buddy while growing up?
5. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)