|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 to 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2: Ron, Ron recalls a humiliating experience as a child. What honest mistake did Ron make with his teacher?
(a) He accidently called her "Mama."
(b) He tripped and bumped a cart of art supplies that dumped paint in his teacher's lap.
(c) He mistakenly delivered something to her that was meant for someone else.
(d) He became nervous and forgot his lines in the school play.
2. What happened to Ron's art gallery to confirm his negative opinion of the homeless?
(a) Two bums stole cash and jewelry from his store.
(b) Two bums slept in the doorway of his art gallery and scared customers away.
(c) A homeless woman snuck into his store and stole a priceless painting.
(d) He was robbed at gunpoint by a homeless man who stole his wallet.
3. What did Deborah tell Ron she saw in a dream?
(a) Instructions from God to go volunteer with the needy.
(b) The face of a man who would save the city.
(c) A woman called Big Mama who would help Denver.
(d) Her son in heaven.
4. For what reasons did Ron decide that Granddaddy was "the Man"?
(a) He hired blacks and whites to work for him, but fed the whites at the farmhouse and the blacks at the grocery store.
(b) He was in debt at the company store and could not make a profit on his land.
(c) He came from "old money."
(d) Because Uncle James told him so.
5. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
(a) She hated the homeless.
(b) She was rude and prejudiced against blacks.
(c) She was his guardian angel.
(d) She was the skinniest, nosiest, pushiest white or black woman he ever met.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "the Man" mean?
2. What did Deborah insist would repair her marriage after Ron had an affair?
3. According to the account of Denver's life on the cotton fields in Chapter 1: Denver, what things could Denver claim he actually owned on the plantation?
4. Of what social class was Ron a member while growing up?
5. What did the needy have to sit through in order to receive a free dinner?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)