|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 to 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron's upscale art gallery in Fort Worth not post the prices of the paintings they had for sale?
(a) It was considered inappropriate to post prices on very expensive art.
(b) Ron believed it was bad luck to post price tags on the paintings.
(c) The prices were negotiable and buyers always bargained with sellers of fine art.
(d) Greasy, smelly homeless people wandered the area.
2. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
(a) He began to walk away quickly.
(b) He climbed into the cab of the truck and hid.
(c) He hid behind the wheel, hoping they would not see him.
(d) He stood up so they would not think he was hiding.
3. In Chapter 2: Ron, Ron recalls a humiliating experience as a child. What honest mistake did Ron make with his teacher?
(a) He tripped and bumped a cart of art supplies that dumped paint in his teacher's lap.
(b) He became nervous and forgot his lines in the school play.
(c) He accidently called her "Mama."
(d) He mistakenly delivered something to her that was meant for someone else.
4. How old was Denver when he was nearly killed by a group of white boys?
5. What did Denver want most from the volunteers?
(a) To be left alone.
(b) Room and board.
(c) To become one of them.
(d) To be accepted as family.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his time working as a sharecropper picking cotton, what did Denver receive instead of a paycheck?
2. The boy who roped Denver and nearly killed him claimed he was teaching Denver a lesson about what?
3. Why did Denver fear that something bad would happen to Deborah?
4. What did Ron give Deborah after he became wealthy to make her forgive him for using her stock?
5. When Ron sold two valuable paintings in the mid-1970s, where did he and his wife go to socialize with multimillionaire clients for a month?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)