|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 to 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade was Ron in when he faced his teacher's cruel punishment?
(a) Twelfth grade.
(c) Ninth grade.
(d) Second grade.
2. What ethnicity were the "good ole boys" described in Chapter 1: Denver?
(b) American Indian.
3. What type of person was Uncle James?
(a) A greedy and power-hungry man.
(b) A Christian man who quoted Scripture.
(c) A homeless man who smiled every day just because he was alive.
(d) The Man.
4. In which part of Fort Worth was Ron raised?
(b) Haltom City.
(c) Red River Parish.
(d) Falcon Square.
5. To what danger did the family pet alert Li'l Buddy?
(a) An explosion in the kitchen.
(b) A car that had crashed through the kitchen.
(c) Leaking gas.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Denver do when he spotted the white boys who he knew would cause trouble if they saw him helping a white woman?
2. How many boys were there in the group that nearly killed Denver?
3. What type of hardwood trees surrounded the Red River Parish plantation of Denver's youth?
4. Of what social class was Ron a member while growing up?
5. How did Denver finally make his escape from life on the cotton fields to being homeless in Fort Worth, Texas?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)