|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 to 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hardwood trees surrounded the Red River Parish plantation of Denver's youth?
2. In which state is the plantation that Denver worked as a teenager?
(a) South Carolina.
3. What punishment did Ron's teacher inflict on him for his honest mistake in second grade?
(a) She took away his desk and made him sit on the floor for the entire year.
(b) She made him press his nose against the wall.
(c) She forced him to read a letter of apology in front of the entire class.
(d) She pulled down his pants and spanked him in front of his classmates.
4. What part of Ron's body ached as he endured the humiliating punishment from his teacher?
(a) His nose.
(b) His legs.
(c) His hands.
(d) His neck.
5. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
(a) $100,000 in cash and two bars of gold.
(b) Three Monet landscapes.
(c) Two rare Picasso sculptures.
(d) Three Georgia O'Keefe paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Denver recalled stories from his childhood about black men being fed to a gator for doing what?
2. What grade was Ron in when he faced his teacher's cruel punishment?
3. How is Ron's mother described?
4. Who was called Li'l Buddy, while growing up?
5. Why did Li'l Buddy not play much as a child?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)