|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 to 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
(a) For financial blessings.
(b) For healing.
(c) For health.
(d) For a new wife and mother to take Deborah's place.
2. Why did Denver drive only 5 mph on the mountain road?
(a) Because of heavy fog.
(b) Because Ron warned him to be careful.
(c) Because he could not see the bottom.
(d) Because his father died on a twisty mountain road.
3. Denver recalled stories from his childhood about black men being fed to a gator for doing what?
(a) Helping a stranded white woman with car trouble.
(b) Robbing the Man.
(c) Looking at a white woman.
(d) Stealing cotton and selling it in town.
4. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
(a) That he would do it instead.
(b) That Mr. Ballantine deserved some small pleasures.
(c) That he should do it to bless him and not judge him.
(d) That he would break the news to Mr. Ballantine.
5. What is the term used to describe the farm owned by Ron's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction affected Ron's father when Ron was a child?
2. During his time working as a sharecropper picking cotton, what did Denver receive instead of a paycheck?
3. Why did Ron begin to worry about Denver in Chapter 37?
4. What was celebrated by the volunteers with frosted sheet cake one evening per month?
5. Before meeting Deborah, when was the last time Denver spoke to a white woman?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)