|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 to 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron tell Denver that he did not feel right about having a building named after Deborah?
(a) Because she would not have liked to draw attention to herself.
(b) Because she did not deserve it.
(c) Because Ron felt the city could not afford the costs of the building.
(d) Because Ron wanted to privately memorialize her.
2. According to the account of Denver's life on the cotton fields in Chapter 1: Denver, what things could Denver claim he actually owned on the plantation?
(a) A pig and two pairs of overalls.
(b) Everything he had was owned by the Man.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A shack and a lame pony.
3. What was in the Dixie cup that Ron handed to his teacher?
(a) His urine.
(c) Worms from the schoolyard.
(d) Pencil shavings.
4. During his time working as a sharecropper picking cotton, what did Denver receive instead of a paycheck?
(a) A shack and supplies on which he made payments to the Man.
(b) A new bike every Christmas.
(c) Four square meals a day at the farmhouse kitchen table.
(d) Room and board in the Man's house.
5. Of what social class was Ron a member while growing up?
(a) Blue-collar middle class.
(b) Upper-middle class.
(c) Lower-middle class.
(d) Upper class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news for Deborah did her family consider a Christmas present?
2. What does "the Man" mean?
3. Who did Big Mama and PawPaw raise as their own?
4. After Deborah's death, what was Denver's prayer for Ron and his children?
5. How many people gathered for Deborah's memorial service?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)