|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 to 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Denver's mission friends helped him conquer what with tutoring?
(a) The written part of the driving test.
(b) College entrance exams.
(c) Writing a resume.
(d) Writing his life story.
2. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
(a) They called Denver for advice.
(b) They decided to pretend nothing happened.
(c) The argued.
(d) They prayed together.
3. For what reasons did Ron decide that Granddaddy was "the Man"?
(a) Because Uncle James told him so.
(b) He hired blacks and whites to work for him, but fed the whites at the farmhouse and the blacks at the grocery store.
(c) He was in debt at the company store and could not make a profit on his land.
(d) He came from "old money."
4. Before the boys who nearly killed Denver spotted him near the vehicle, what did they ask the white woman?
(a) If she had seen Denver.
(b) If she needed a ride.
(c) If she was Bobby's aunt.
(d) If she needed help.
5. What miraculous sight did both Denver and Deborah witness while in different locations?
(a) A vision of Deborah's mother.
(b) A battle between Satan and Jesus.
(c) Jesus, angels and lightning.
(d) A choir of angels singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of casket was Deborah buried?
2. From where was Denver returning when he spotted the white woman with car trouble on the side of the road?
3. What part of Ron's body ached as he endured the humiliating punishment from his teacher?
4. What was in the Dixie cup that Ron handed to his teacher?
5. What did Deborah do, despite the doctor's opinion?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)