|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 to 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hardwood trees surrounded the Red River Parish plantation of Denver's youth?
2. Where did Deborah first meet Denver?
(a) At the Red River Parish.
(b) At the mission.
(c) At Starbucks.
(d) At the Lot.
3. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
(a) That Mr. Ballantine deserved some small pleasures.
(b) That he would do it instead.
(c) That he should do it to bless him and not judge him.
(d) That he would break the news to Mr. Ballantine.
4. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
(a) He was pleased that the city was moving the homeless so they would not bother him anymore.
(b) He was grateful that there were no homeless people begging on the streets of Fort Worth.
(c) He had sympathy because he used to be homeless.
(d) He was heartbroken for the future of the homeless.
5. Why was Denver's passionate speech about Deborah surprising?
(a) Because he was thought to hate Deborah.
(b) Because Denver said he would not attend the service.
(c) Because he was normally soft-spoken.
(d) Because Ron asked him not to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ron and Deborah do at home together after Deborah admitted her fears about her health to Ron?
2. What message from the Lord did Denver deliver as Deborah lay dying?
3. How did Mr. Ballantine treat Denver at first?
4. Why did Ron map the route to Colorado with a marking pen?
5. From what material did Big Mama sew her large dresses?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)