|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 to 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Denver looked back on life as a sharecropper. How did he feel at age 18 in a 2-room shack with a bed, table, stove and an outhouse?
(a) That things could only get better.
(b) That he was at a dead-end.
(c) Like he was living "high on the hog."
(d) Like things were okay and he would survive.
2. Why did Ron's upscale art gallery in Fort Worth not post the prices of the paintings they had for sale?
(a) The prices were negotiable and buyers always bargained with sellers of fine art.
(b) Greasy, smelly homeless people wandered the area.
(c) It was considered inappropriate to post prices on very expensive art.
(d) Ron believed it was bad luck to post price tags on the paintings.
3. What valuable objects were in Ron's possession on the private jet?
(a) Three Monet landscapes.
(b) $100,000 in cash and two bars of gold.
(c) Three Georgia O'Keefe paintings.
(d) Two rare Picasso sculptures.
4. What did Deborah tell Ron she saw in a dream?
(a) A woman called Big Mama who would help Denver.
(b) Her son in heaven.
(c) Instructions from God to go volunteer with the needy.
(d) The face of a man who would save the city.
5. During his time working as a sharecropper picking cotton, what did Denver receive instead of a paycheck?
(a) Four square meals a day at the farmhouse kitchen table.
(b) A shack and supplies on which he made payments to the Man.
(c) Room and board in the Man's house.
(d) A new bike every Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Denver think of Deborah the first time he met her in Fort Worth?
2. What made Denver leave the plantation?
3. Same Kind of Different as Me is what type of book?
4. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
5. What did Deborah witness a large black man complaining about being stolen from him?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)