|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 to 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Denver when he was nearly killed by a group of white boys?
2. What thoughts about the homeless did Ron have as he flew in a private jet over Fort Worth and looked down on the city?
(a) He was grateful that there were no homeless people begging on the streets of Fort Worth.
(b) He was pleased that the city was moving the homeless so they would not bother him anymore.
(c) He had sympathy because he used to be homeless.
(d) He was heartbroken for the future of the homeless.
3. Who did Big Mama and PawPaw raise as their own?
(a) Ron and Deborah.
(b) Denver, Thurman and Hershalee.
(c) James, Bobby and Cousin Chook.
(d) Earl and Tommye.
4. What is the name of the facility where Ron and his wife volunteered their time?
(a) The Union Gospel Mission.
(b) The Red River Parish.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) The First Church of Denver.
5. For what reasons did Ron decide that Granddaddy was "the Man"?
(a) Because Uncle James told him so.
(b) He came from "old money."
(c) He was in debt at the company store and could not make a profit on his land.
(d) He hired blacks and whites to work for him, but fed the whites at the farmhouse and the blacks at the grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which facility did Dr. Goldstein work?
2. With what type of vehicle did Denver help the white woman stranded on the side of the road?
3. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
4. Which group of people was responsible for the city changes Ron saw from the private jet?
5. Denver lacked which basic abilities when he arrived in Fort Worth?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)