|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 to 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mr. Ballantine arrive at the mission?
(a) He was pushed out of a car.
(b) He was dragged there by Denver.
(c) He wandered there on foot.
(d) He was brought by the police.
2. Why was one of the central figures in the book called Li'l Buddy while growing up?
(a) Because Uncle BB carried him on his shoulders everywhere he went.
(b) Because he never left his father's side.
(c) Because he helped Big Mama with her medication and emptying the slop jars.
(d) Because PawPaw carried him in a pocket of his overalls.
3. In Chapter 13, Denver looked back on life as a sharecropper. How did he feel at age 18 in a 2-room shack with a bed, table, stove and an outhouse?
(a) Like things were okay and he would survive.
(b) That things could only get better.
(c) That he was at a dead-end.
(d) Like he was living "high on the hog."
4. What is the "hobo code of honor" that Denver discovered in Chapter 15?
(a) An agreement to not turn each other in to the police for any reason.
(b) An agreement to share what they have with each other.
(c) An agreement to take turns keeping watch in the park at night while others sleep.
(d) An agreement to back each other up in a fight.
5. Though Deborah had not spoken in five days, what did she suddenly cry out to Ron?
(a) "Get me some wings!"
(b) "Please protect Denver!"
(c) "I will watch over you!"
(d) "Don't let me go!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who studied art history, but did not like the art business?
2. Why did Ron dress differently than the other students when he was college?
3. Who was called Li'l Buddy, while growing up?
4. In what unusual place did Denver pray all night?
5. What was Denver's fear in relation to Deborah in Chapter 30?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)