|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 to 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mr. Ballantine to put him in the hospital?
(a) He fell off a ladder.
(b) He suffered a heart attack.
(c) He was beaten by a thief.
(d) He got in a fight with Denver.
2. From what material did Big Mama sew her large dresses?
(a) Feed bags.
(b) Flower sacks.
(c) Her husband's worn shirts.
(d) Any material donated to the mission.
3. Who was Craig Dearden?
(a) A sharecropper.
(b) A physician.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A shelter volunteer.
4. How is Ron's mother described?
(a) A spiritual woman who quoted Scripture.
(b) An artist and sculptor.
(c) A bad-tempered boss who ran the family cotton farm.
(d) A Texas farm girl who sewed and baked cookies.
5. What family pet woke Li'l Buddy one night and alerted him to danger in the house?
(b) Pot-bellied pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which members of Li'l Buddy's family died when they were trapped in the house?
2. What affliction affected Ron's father when Ron was a child?
3. From what event did Denver notice Deborah's absence and become worried?
4. What was "Manna" to Denver?
5. When Scott disliked the idea of bringing cigarettes to Mr. Ballantine in the hospital, how did Denver respond?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)