Chapter 1 Denver
* Denver grew up very poor, working the land in Red River Parish, Louisiana.
* At age 15, Denver, a black boy, attempted to help a white woman with a flat tire and was nearly killed by three white boys who accused him of bothering her.
* Denver worked the cotton fields on a plantation for over 30 years and lived in a shack owned by the Man.
* One day, middle-aged Denver tired of his life of poverty and jumped on a freight train to escape.
* He found himself homeless, unable to read, write or figure, on the streets of Fort Worth, Texas when he met a woman named Deborah Hall.
Chapter 2 Ron
* Ron recalls a humiliating experience in second grade in which his teacher punished him for an honest mistake.
* As Ron boarded a private jet to make a million dollar art deal with a client who hosted a luncheon...
This section contains 1,807 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)