|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
2. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
3. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
4. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
5. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sam as a manager.
2. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
3. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
4. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
5. What does Sam think about competition?
6. Describe the Saturday meetings.
7. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
8. Why is Sam able to write this book?
9. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
10. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam has the personality of a promoter.
Part 1) How does he have the personality of a promoter? How has he acquired this personality?
Part 2) How does this personality benefit him and his business? How does this personality also benefit others? How does it hurt other people and businesses in the process?
Part 3) Would someone with a personality such as this ever feel satisfied? Why or why not? Would you want to have a personality such as this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sam wants to leave a legacy.
Part 1) What legacy does he seem to want to leave? How do you know this?
Part 2) Does he believe he did the right things with his life? Why or why not? Do you believe he would do anything differently if he had it to do all over again? Why or why not?
Part 3) What legacy would you like to leave? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The "Saturday Night Massacre" is well-known among those in the Wal-Mart culture.
Part 1) What is the "Saturday Night Massacre?" Why is it so significant? Why does it occur?
Part 2) What does it reveal or reinforce about Sam? How does it benefit the company?
Part 3) What message does the "Saturday Night Massacre" send to those in the company, as well as outside Wal-Mart? How can other businesses and organizations learn from Sam's ideals that are reinforced through the "Saturday Night Massacre?"
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)