|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
2. Ron leaves the company when?
3. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
4. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
5. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
2. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
3. What happens to the company when Sam retires?
4. Describe Wal-Mart's run-in with Kmart.
5. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
6. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
7. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
8. Describe Sam as a manager.
9. How does Sam motivate his employees?
10. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam credits the success of the business to the relationship between managers and their associates.
Part 1) Describe how Sam creates this type of relationship. How did this relationship evolve and develop over time? How was it improved over time?
Part 2) How does this relationship benefit business? How does it reflect the relationship between the business and the customer?
Part 3) How has the public been involved in Wal-Mart's growth? How does this benefit all involved? Why are unions not required, according to Sam? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
One of Sam's top talents is choosing employees.
Part 1) How is this proven? Why does this become an important talent?
Part 2) What are his other talents? How are these talents revealed? How are these talents important? How are they connected to each other?
Part 3) What talents do you possess? How do they impact your daily life? How might you use them to your advantage throughout your life?
Essay Topic 3
Sam has ten rules for running a successful company.
Part 1) What are these ten rules? How might Sam have come up with each rule?
Part 2) How can these be considered universal rules? How can they be helpful in any business environment?
Part 3) How can many of these rules be used in your own endeavors?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)