|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
2. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
3. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
4. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
5. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam counter the argument that Wal-Mart has destroyed the small shops in rural towns?
2. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
3. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
4. How does Sam motivate his employees?
5. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
6. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
7. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
8. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
9. Why is Sam able to write this book?
10. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a child, Sam learns how hard it is to earn a dollar.
Part 1) Describe Sam's childhood. How did Sam learn the difficulties in earning a living?
Part 2) What role did the Great Depression play in Sam's learning of this? How does this idea of hard work affect him throughout his life?
Part 3) Is hard work important in your own life? Why or why not? Do you agree with Sam that it is difficult to earn a living? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"Family togetherness" is important to Sam.
Part 1) What does Sam mean by "family togetherness?" Why is this important? How did he come up with this concept?
Part 2) How does he use this sam concept in his stores? How effective is this? Explain.
Part 3) Is "family togetherness" important in your own life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sam gives back to the community.
Part 1) How does he give back? Why does he give back? How does he benefit from this?
Part 2) Why is education a big concern for Sam and Helen? How do they support educational programs? How does this help both Wal-Mart and the community?
Part 3) What are concerns regarding your community, the country, and the world as a whole that you have? Why? What can you do to help?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)