|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
2. What is rule number one?
3. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
4. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
5. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
2. What does Sam think about competition?
3. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
4. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
5. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
6. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
7. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
8. Why is Sam able to write this book?
9. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
10. Why does Sam give back to the community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam opens Walton's Five and Dime, which become a success.
Part 1) What leads up to Sam opening Walton's Five and Dime? How does he prepare to open his own store?
Part 2) Why is it so successful? What does this success foreshadow?
Part 3) What does Sam learn from opening and running this first store? How does he use this knowledge later?
Essay Topic 2
Sam has the personality of a promoter.
Part 1) How does he have the personality of a promoter? How has he acquired this personality?
Part 2) How does this personality benefit him and his business? How does this personality also benefit others? How does it hurt other people and businesses in the process?
Part 3) Would someone with a personality such as this ever feel satisfied? Why or why not? Would you want to have a personality such as this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sam is unhappy with debt.
Part 1) How does he end up in debt? Why does debt bother him?
Part 2) How does he get out of debt? How does he feel about this? Why does he feel this way? How does Helen feel about this? Why does she feel this way?
Part 3) How is debt an issue for many Americans today? What can one do who is in debt?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)