|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
2. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
3. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
4. Sam eventually returns to Newport, Arkansas, and opens a Wal-Mart near ________.
5. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
2. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
3. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
4. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
5. How does Sam counter the argument that Wal-Mart has destroyed the small shops in rural towns?
6. What does Sam think about competition?
7. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
8. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
9. Describe the Saturday meetings.
10. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam is unhappy with debt.
Part 1) How does he end up in debt? Why does debt bother him?
Part 2) How does he get out of debt? How does he feel about this? Why does he feel this way? How does Helen feel about this? Why does she feel this way?
Part 3) How is debt an issue for many Americans today? What can one do who is in debt?
Essay Topic 2
"Family togetherness" is important to Sam.
Part 1) What does Sam mean by "family togetherness?" Why is this important? How did he come up with this concept?
Part 2) How does he use this sam concept in his stores? How effective is this? Explain.
Part 3) Is "family togetherness" important in your own life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sam believes in the "whistle while you work" mentality.
Part 1) What is this mentality? Why does he believe in this mentality? Do you agree that this is a good mentality to have? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Sam use this mentality at Wal-Mart? How does this benefit Wal-Mart? How can other businesses and organizations use this mentality to help themselves?
Part 3) How can you use this mentality in your own life? What can your own school do to promote this type of attitude towards school work? How would this change your school?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)