|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
2. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
3. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
4. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
5. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam counter the argument that Wal-Mart has destroyed the small shops in rural towns?
2. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
3. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
4. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
5. How does Sam motivate his employees?
6. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
7. Describe Wal-Mart's run-in with Kmart.
8. What happens to the company when Sam retires?
9. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
10. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is important to think small.
Part 1) What is meant by this? Why is this important? How is this especially important in the case of Wal-Mart?
Part 2) How does this idea reflect and reinforce other beliefs of Sam's?
Part 3) How can thinking small be useful in your own community and your own life?
Essay Topic 2
Sam wants to leave a legacy.
Part 1) What legacy does he seem to want to leave? How do you know this?
Part 2) Does he believe he did the right things with his life? Why or why not? Do you believe he would do anything differently if he had it to do all over again? Why or why not?
Part 3) What legacy would you like to leave? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Sam believes in the "whistle while you work" mentality.
Part 1) What is this mentality? Why does he believe in this mentality? Do you agree that this is a good mentality to have? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Sam use this mentality at Wal-Mart? How does this benefit Wal-Mart? How can other businesses and organizations use this mentality to help themselves?
Part 3) How can you use this mentality in your own life? What can your own school do to promote this type of attitude towards school work? How would this change your school?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)