|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
2. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
3. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
4. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
5. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
2. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
3. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
4. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
5. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
6. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
7. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
8. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
9. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
10. Describe Wal-Mart's run-in with Kmart.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam believes in the "whistle while you work" mentality.
Part 1) What is this mentality? Why does he believe in this mentality? Do you agree that this is a good mentality to have? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Sam use this mentality at Wal-Mart? How does this benefit Wal-Mart? How can other businesses and organizations use this mentality to help themselves?
Part 3) How can you use this mentality in your own life? What can your own school do to promote this type of attitude towards school work? How would this change your school?
Essay Topic 2
The first Wal-Mart is opened on July 2, 1962.
Part 1) What leads up to the opening of the first Wal-Mart store? How does the store get this name? Describe this type of store. How is it different from Sam's previous stores? Why is it different?
Part 2) Why does Sam believe this type of store is the way of the future? Do you agree with him? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Wal-Mart affect other retail stores? How has Wal-Mart changed retail stores today? Is this good? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sam believes he was over-blessed with ambition and drive.
Part 1) From whom does he claim he received these traits? Is he proud of these traits? Why or why not? How does he use these traits throughout his life?
Part 2) Are these traits necessary for anyone to become a success? Why or why not?
Part 3) What traits do you possess? How do you use them to your advantage?
This section contains 1,462 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)