|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
2. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
3. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
4. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
5. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of what Sam would do on family vacations.
2. What is taking place in the world of discount stores in 1962?
3. How does the store in Bentonville benefit Sam?
4. How did Sam help his family financially? What does he believe about the role of children in the family?
5. Who plants the idea in Sam's mind of going public? How does he do this?
6. What does Sam admit to thinking about throughout most of his life? Who uses Sam's ideas to benefit Wal-Mart? How does this person do this?
7. How does Sam's experience in football reflect his personality traits?
8. Describe Don Whitaker.
9. What does Sam do while debating the idea of going public?
10. What does Sam say is the biggest business mistake in his life? What might have led to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam has the personality of a promoter.
Part 1) How does he have the personality of a promoter? How has he acquired this personality?
Part 2) How does this personality benefit him and his business? How does this personality also benefit others? How does it hurt other people and businesses in the process?
Part 3) Would someone with a personality such as this ever feel satisfied? Why or why not? Would you want to have a personality such as this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The "Saturday Night Massacre" is well-known among those in the Wal-Mart culture.
Part 1) What is the "Saturday Night Massacre?" Why is it so significant? Why does it occur?
Part 2) What does it reveal or reinforce about Sam? How does it benefit the company?
Part 3) What message does the "Saturday Night Massacre" send to those in the company, as well as outside Wal-Mart? How can other businesses and organizations learn from Sam's ideals that are reinforced through the "Saturday Night Massacre?"
Essay Topic 3
One of Sam's top talents is choosing employees.
Part 1) How is this proven? Why does this become an important talent?
Part 2) What are his other talents? How are these talents revealed? How are these talents important? How are they connected to each other?
Part 3) What talents do you possess? How do they impact your daily life? How might you use them to your advantage throughout your life?
This section contains 1,418 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)