|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam has the personality of _______________.
2. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
3. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
4. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
5. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam feel about debts and loans?
2. How is Sam a maverick in the business world?
3. How did Sam help his family financially? What does he believe about the role of children in the family?
4. Describe Don Whitaker.
5. How would Sam spy on Kmart?
6. Describe, in general, this period of time for Wal-Mart.
7. How does Sam's experience in football reflect his personality traits?
8. What is the one mistake for which Helen cannot forgive Sam? Why?
9. How is Sam's appreciation for the dollar further ingrained?
10. How does Sam decide where to build a Wal-Mart? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Family togetherness" is important to Sam.
Part 1) What does Sam mean by "family togetherness?" Why is this important? How did he come up with this concept?
Part 2) How does he use this sam concept in his stores? How effective is this? Explain.
Part 3) Is "family togetherness" important in your own life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The secret of success is to put the customer first.
Part 1) Why is this the secret of success? Would you agree? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Sam go about doing this? Do you believe he is successful at putting the customer first? Why or why not? How is this attitude of putting others first reflected throughout the entire Wal-Mart corporation?
Part 3) How do you put others first in your own life? How does this benefit both you and them?
Essay Topic 3
Sam has ten rules for running a successful company.
Part 1) What are these ten rules? How might Sam have come up with each rule?
Part 2) How can these be considered universal rules? How can they be helpful in any business environment?
Part 3) How can many of these rules be used in your own endeavors?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)