|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As a waste of time.
(b) As bureaucratic.
(c) As democratic.
(d) As a joke.
2. What is rule number one?
(a) Commit to yourself.
(b) Commit to your business.
(c) Commit to your family.
(d) Commit to be wealthy.
3. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
(a) Choose other stores.
(b) Feel comfortable making purchases.
(c) Come when they wanted to.
(d) Come to one place to find a range of goods at low prices.
4. Sam reflects on what __________ has done for him and his family.
(b) Good luck.
(d) Great wealth.
5. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
(a) Only once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
2. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
3. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
4. Ron leaves the company when?
5. What is rule number seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
2. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
3. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
4. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
5. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
6. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
7. Describe Sam as a manager.
8. Why does Sam give back to the community?
9. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
10. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)