|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed the expectations of all others.
(b) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
(c) Exceed your employees' expectations.
(d) Exceed your own expectations.
2. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
3. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
4. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) It is close to home.
(b) The advertising is good.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) If offers a better solution to the customers.
5. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
(a) Put your family first and make sure they are satisfied.
(b) Put the customer first and make sure they are satisfied.
(c) Put yourself first and make sure you are satisfied.
(d) Put your investors first and make sure they are satisfied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
2. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
3. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
4. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
5. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wal-Mart's run-in with Kmart.
2. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
3. What does Sam think about competition?
4. What happens to the company when Sam retires?
5. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
6. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
7. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
8. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
9. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
10. Describe Sam as a manager.
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)