|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would not be surprised.
(b) Many executives would disagree.
(c) Many executives would agree.
(d) Many executives snicker.
2. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
3. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
(a) The fully-serviced discount model.
(b) The self-service style.
(c) The partially-serviced style.
(d) The discount model.
4. If your store can provide what they need, including low prices, guaranteed satisfaction, and a wide assortment of goods, can success assured?
5. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Helen Walton.
(b) David Glass.
(c) Mike Smith.
(d) Rob Walton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
2. What does each store still apply?
3. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
4. What is rule number seven?
5. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
2. Describe the Saturday meetings.
3. Why is Sam able to write this book?
4. What does Sam think about competition?
5. Why does Sam give back to the community?
6. Describe Sam as a manager.
7. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
8. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
9. How does Sam motivate his employees?
10. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)