|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
(a) Helen and her father.
(b) Helen and Sam.
(c) Ferold and Ron.
(d) His two sons.
2. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed the expectations of all others.
(b) Exceed your employees' expectations.
(c) Exceed your own expectations.
(d) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
3. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
(b) The evolution of man.
(d) It is evolution similar to that of buggy horses to cars.
4. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(b) Big K.
5. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
2. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
3. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
4. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
5. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Saturday meetings.
2. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
3. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
4. How does Sam counter the argument that Wal-Mart has destroyed the small shops in rural towns?
5. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
6. Describe Sam as a manager.
7. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
8. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
9. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
10. Why does Sam give back to the community?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)