|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
2. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
(a) Save most of their money.
(b) Spend their money as they like.
(c) Give many thanks.
(d) Give back to the community.
3. In Chapter 18, Sam reflects on _______.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His whole life.
(d) His career.
4. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
5. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
(b) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(c) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(d) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
2. What does Sam believe are what will continue to keep the customers coming back to shop at your store?
3. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
4. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
5. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam think about competition?
2. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
3. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
4. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
5. Why does Sam give back to the community?
6. How does Sam counter the argument that Wal-Mart has destroyed the small shops in rural towns?
7. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
8. What happens to the company when Sam retires?
9. Describe Sam as a manager.
10. Why is Sam able to write this book?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)