|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
(b) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(c) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(d) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
2. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(a) Coffee and donuts.
(d) Their own traditions and games.
3. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "Happiness" mentality.
(b) "We Love Work" mentality.
(c) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(d) "Work is Fun" mentality.
4. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
5. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
(a) Mike Smith.
(c) His father.
(d) Helen's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
2. Wal-Mart gives an annual ____________ scholarship to a local student.
3. What is rule number ten?
4. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
5. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
2. What happens to the company when Sam retires?
3. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
4. How does Sam motivate his employees?
5. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
6. Why is Sam able to write this book?
7. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
8. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
9. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
10. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)