|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
2. What is rule number seven?
(a) Listen to the suggestions of other businessmen.
(b) Listen to everyone in your company and find ways to get them talking.
(c) Listen to your financial advisors.
(d) Listen to your heart.
3. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
(a) Ferold and Ron.
(b) Helen and Sam.
(c) Helen and her father.
(d) His two sons.
4. Sam reflects on what __________ has done for him and his family.
(a) Great wealth.
(d) Good luck.
5. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
(b) In small ways.
(d) Both financially and personally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
2. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
3. What is rule number eight?
4. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
5. What is rule number one?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam motivate his employees?
2. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
3. Why is Sam able to write this book?
4. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
5. How does Sam counter the argument that Wal-Mart has destroyed the small shops in rural towns?
6. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
7. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
8. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
9. Describe Wal-Mart's run-in with Kmart.
10. What does Sam think about competition?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)