|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Saturday night.
(b) Every morning.
(c) Every Sunday morning.
(d) Every Saturday morning.
2. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
(a) Give many thanks.
(b) Save most of their money.
(c) Give back to the community.
(d) Spend their money as they like.
3. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
(a) It is one of the best duals and strengthens Wal-Mart.
(b) It is unusual and disturbing.
(c) It is unremarkable and typical.
(d) It is one of the worst duals and weakens Wal-Mart.
4. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
(c) It is evolution similar to that of buggy horses to cars.
(d) The evolution of man.
5. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
(a) Other large competitors.
(b) Other regional and smaller competitors.
(d) Its employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
2. What is rule number ten?
3. Sam eventually returns to Newport, Arkansas, and opens a Wal-Mart near ________.
4. What is rule number five?
5. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
2. How does Sam counter the argument that Wal-Mart has destroyed the small shops in rural towns?
3. How does Sam motivate his employees?
4. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
5. What does Sam think about competition?
6. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
7. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
8. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
9. Describe the Saturday meetings.
10. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)