|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
(a) Publicly questioned a CEO that would like to step down from the leadership role.
(b) Publicly questioned a CEO that never steps down from the leadership role.
(c) Publicly questioned a CEO that could not really step down from the leadership role.
(d) Publicly questioned a CEO who had stepped down from the leadership role.
2. What is rule number seven?
(a) Listen to your financial advisors.
(b) Listen to everyone in your company and find ways to get them talking.
(c) Listen to your heart.
(d) Listen to the suggestions of other businessmen.
3. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "We Love Work" mentality.
(b) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(c) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(d) "Happiness" mentality.
4. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
(a) Sam can impress his investors.
(b) Investors can work for Wal-Mart.
(c) Investors can get a real taste for what the company is all about.
(d) Investors will want to invest more.
5. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Upper management.
(c) Vice president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
2. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
3. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
4. If your store can provide what they need, including low prices, guaranteed satisfaction, and a wide assortment of goods, can success assured?
5. What is rule number eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
2. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
3. Describe the Saturday meetings.
4. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
5. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
6. Why is Sam able to write this book?
7. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
8. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
9. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
10. Describe Sam as a manager.
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)