|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wal-Mart gives an annual ____________ scholarship to a local student.
2. In Chapter 18, Sam reflects on _______.
(a) His childhood.
(c) His whole life.
(d) His career.
3. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(c) It is close to home.
(d) The advertising is good.
4. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
(b) Exceed your employees' expectations.
(c) Exceed your own expectations.
(d) Exceed the expectations of all others.
5. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
(a) He wants them to be justified.
(b) He does not like change.
(c) He does not understand technology.
(d) He does not trust technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
2. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
3. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
4. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
5. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
2. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
3. Describe Sam as a manager.
4. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
5. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
6. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
7. Describe the Saturday meetings.
8. What happens to the company when Sam retires?
9. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
10. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)