|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed your own expectations.
(b) Exceed the expectations of all others.
(c) Exceed your employees' expectations.
(d) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
2. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
(a) He does not trust technology.
(b) He wants them to be justified.
(c) He does not understand technology.
(d) He does not like change.
3. Sam reflects on what __________ has done for him and his family.
(b) Great wealth.
(d) Good luck.
4. Sam had to get up every day with what idea?
(a) Being famous.
(b) Improving something.
(c) Providing for his family.
(d) Changing the world.
5. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
(a) Publicly questioned a CEO that could not really step down from the leadership role.
(b) Publicly questioned a CEO that never steps down from the leadership role.
(c) Publicly questioned a CEO who had stepped down from the leadership role.
(d) Publicly questioned a CEO that would like to step down from the leadership role.
Short Answer Questions
1. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
2. What is rule number five?
3. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
4. What is rule number ten?
5. How can the meetings be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the company when Sam retires?
2. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
3. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
4. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
5. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
6. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
7. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
8. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
9. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
10. What does Sam think about competition?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)