|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
2. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
(a) Publicly questioned a CEO who had stepped down from the leadership role.
(b) Publicly questioned a CEO that never steps down from the leadership role.
(c) Publicly questioned a CEO that would like to step down from the leadership role.
(d) Publicly questioned a CEO that could not really step down from the leadership role.
3. If your store can provide what they need, including low prices, guaranteed satisfaction, and a wide assortment of goods, can success assured?
4. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
(a) Intelligent leaders.
(b) Fun activities.
(c) The heroes.
5. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Vice president.
(d) Upper management.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
2. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
3. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
4. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
5. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sam able to write this book?
2. Describe Sam as a manager.
3. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
4. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
5. How does Sam motivate his employees?
6. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
7. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
8. How does Sam counter the argument that Wal-Mart has destroyed the small shops in rural towns?
9. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
10. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)