|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
2. Sam delineates the top ____ rules that helped him achieve the success that he enjoys with Wal-Mart.
3. What is rule number seven?
(a) Listen to your financial advisors.
(b) Listen to your heart.
(c) Listen to the suggestions of other businessmen.
(d) Listen to everyone in your company and find ways to get them talking.
4. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(b) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(c) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(d) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
5. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
(d) Only once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rule number ten?
2. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
3. How can the meetings be described?
4. Sam had to get up every day with what idea?
5. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Saturday meetings.
2. Why does Sam give back to the community?
3. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
4. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
5. How does Sam motivate his employees?
6. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
7. What does Sam think about competition?
8. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
9. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
10. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)