|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) It is close to home.
(c) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(d) The advertising is good.
2. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
(a) Investors love Wal-Mart and Sam.
(b) Sam was in the right place at the right time.
(c) It offers a superior alternative to the stores of the past.
(d) Sam is very intelligent.
3. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
(b) Exceed the expectations of all others.
(c) Exceed your own expectations.
(d) Exceed your employees' expectations.
4. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
(a) The annual meetings.
(b) The Saturday meetings.
(c) The Sunday meetings.
(d) The daily meetings.
5. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(a) Their own traditions and games.
(c) Coffee and donuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
2. Ron leaves the company when?
3. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
4. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
5. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
2. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
3. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
4. Describe the Saturday meetings.
5. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
6. Describe Wal-Mart's run-in with Kmart.
7. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
8. Who has been involved the most in the advancements in technology for Wal-Mart?
9. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
10. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)