|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam believe is in need of more funds?
(b) Minority groups.
(d) The poor.
2. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
(a) Many raises.
(b) Specific tasks to complete.
(c) Gifts for their birthdays.
(d) The freedom to experiment and test things on their own.
3. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Stay positive.
(b) Make work hours go by quickly.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
4. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
5. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
(a) Encouraged them.
(b) Helped them.
(c) Competed with them.
(d) Destroyed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
2. What does Sam believe are what will continue to keep the customers coming back to shop at your store?
3. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
4. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
5. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
2. How does Sam motivate his employees?
3. What happens when Sam comes out of retirement?
4. How does the increase in re-urbanization benefit Wal-Mart?
5. Describe Sam as a manager.
6. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
7. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
8. Describe the Saturday meetings.
9. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
10. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)