|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
(a) Helen's father.
(b) His father.
(c) Mike Smith.
2. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed the expectations of all others.
(b) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
(c) Exceed your own expectations.
(d) Exceed your employees' expectations.
3. Sam eventually returns to Newport, Arkansas, and opens a Wal-Mart near ________.
(a) His father's store.
(b) His father's home.
(c) His old home.
(d) His old Ben Franklin variety store.
4. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) Sam retires.
(b) Sam fires him.
(c) No one supports him.
(d) Once Sam resumes his role.
5. Sam delineates the top ____ rules that helped him achieve the success that he enjoys with Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
2. What is rule number five?
3. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
4. What is rule number seven?
5. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
2. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
3. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
4. What are five more rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
5. Why is Sam able to write this book?
6. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
7. Describe Wal-Mart's run-in with Kmart.
8. Describe Sam as a manager.
9. What has been Sam's behavior toward technological advances?
10. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)