|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to visit friends.
(b) He has to check out the competition.
(c) He has to promote his business.
(d) He has to fight the competition.
2. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A promoter.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) A clown.
(d) A task master.
3. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
4. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working at JC Penney.
(b) While in college.
(c) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(d) In high school.
5. They officially close the door on ___________.
(a) Surplus stores.
(c) Discount stores.
(d) Variety stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
2. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
3. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
4. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
5. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what traits does Sam say is is over-blessed? What does he do with these traits during his adolescence?
2. What does Sam do when he is about to graduate from college?
3. Why does Sam believe that Wal-Mart is successful? Why do other stores fail?
4. What can Sam do now that he is out of debt?
5. What does Sam do when he attends the Univeristy of Missouri?
6. What does Wal-Mart have in regards to profit-sharing?
7. What does Sam say is the biggest business mistake in his life? What might have led to this?
8. How does Sam encourage family togetherness? How does he also continue to obsess over business matters at the same time?
9. How does the placing of Wal-Marts in specific types of locations benefit the company in regard to advertising?
10. Describe Don Whitaker.
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)