|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
(b) Keeping the customers returning.
(c) Good advertising.
(d) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
2. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
(a) His community.
(b) The world.
(c) His family.
(d) The United States.
3. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Starting trends.
(b) Bucking trends.
(c) Following trends.
(d) Researching trends.
4. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
(a) In poor neighborhoods.
(b) In large cities.
(c) In smaller towns.
(d) In the midwest.
5. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(b) He does not seem interested in retail.
(c) He cannot sell products well.
(d) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
2. On what does Sam concentrate?
3. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
4. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
5. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about Sam Walton's childhood? What did he learn during this time about one's ability to make money?
2. What can Sam do now that he is out of debt?
3. How does Sam feel about debts and loans?
4. How did Sam help his family financially? What does he believe about the role of children in the family?
5. What is taking place in the world of discount stores in 1962?
6. Why does Sam believe that Wal-Mart is successful? Why do other stores fail?
7. How does Sam have the personality of a promoter?
8. How does the placing of Wal-Marts in specific types of locations benefit the company in regard to advertising?
9. How is Sam's appreciation for the dollar further ingrained?
10. To what does Sam credit the success of the business?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)