Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With a lot of attention.
(b) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(d) In the morning.
2. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(b) Where he wants to live.
(c) Where his future lies.
(d) If he wants to be in business.
3. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
(a) $50,000 from the sale of the business.
(b) An interest in retail.
(c) They have made many good friends.
(d) Many good business connections.
4. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Beta Theta Pi.
(b) Phi Tau.
(c) Beta Tau Beta.
(d) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
2. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
3. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
4. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
5. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the placing of Wal-Marts in specific types of locations benefit the company in regard to advertising?
2. Describe the reason why Wal-Mart succeeds?
3. Why is Sam able to write this book?
4. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
5. Give an example of what Sam would do on family vacations.
6. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
7. How does Sam motivate his employees?
8. Describe Wal-Mart's run-in with Kmart.
9. Describe, in general, this period of time for Wal-Mart.
10. What does Sam think about the way he has spent his life? What is the message he gives at the end of the book?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)