|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go camping.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Ride horses.
(d) Go to the opera.
2. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to promote his business.
(b) He has to fight the competition.
(c) He has to check out the competition.
(d) He has to visit friends.
3. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(b) She needs something to do.
(c) She does not want to be lonely.
(d) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
4. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With a lot of attention.
(b) In the morning.
(d) With weights on to show what he can really do.
5. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
(a) Another $1.5 million loan.
(b) Locations for new stores.
(c) New executives.
(d) Someone to legally represent him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
2. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
3. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
4. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
5. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam do when he is about to graduate from college?
2. How does he give back? Why does he give back in this way?
3. What does Sam do once Walton's Five and Dime is a success?
4. What does Wal-Mart have in regards to profit-sharing?
5. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
6. What does Sam say to support his philosophy of thinking small?
7. When Sam decides to become less involved with the business, what two camps remain?
8. What does Sam do when he attends the Univeristy of Missouri?
9. Describe Wal-Mart and Sam by 1974.
10. Describe Sam's family.
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)