|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) JC Penney.
2. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
(a) The executives.
(b) Other managers.
(d) Their customers.
3. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
4. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
(b) His family was never comfortable.
(c) His family was never satisfied.
(d) He was never happy.
5. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Understanding and empathy.
(b) Ambition and drive.
(c) Pride and jealousy.
(d) Love and kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
2. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
3. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
4. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
5. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam have the personality of a promoter?
2. What is known about Sam Walton's childhood? What did he learn during this time about one's ability to make money?
3. What is the one mistake for which Helen cannot forgive Sam? Why?
4. How does Sam decide where to build a Wal-Mart? Why?
5. How does this book begin? What information does it give about Sam Walton and the purpose of this book?
6. What does Sam admit to thinking about throughout most of his life? Who uses Sam's ideas to benefit Wal-Mart? How does this person do this?
7. How is Sam's appreciation for the dollar further ingrained?
8. What does Sam say is the biggest business mistake in his life? What might have led to this?
9. How does the store in Bentonville benefit Sam?
10. How do Sam and Helen feel about leaving Newport? What are their plans now?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)