|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The executives.
(b) The managers.
(c) The Walton family members.
(d) The associates.
2. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
(a) New executives.
(b) Someone to legally represent him.
(c) Another $1.5 million loan.
(d) Locations for new stores.
3. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
(b) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
(c) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
(d) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
4. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He needs money.
(b) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(c) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(d) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
5. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
(b) The one that the managers have with their associates.
(c) The one he has with his employees.
(d) The one he has with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
2. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
3. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
4. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
5. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Sam spy on Kmart?
2. How does Sam decide where to build a Wal-Mart? Why?
3. What does Sam do when he attends the Univeristy of Missouri?
4. How is Sam a maverick in the business world?
5. How does Sam feel about debts and loans?
6. How does this book begin? What information does it give about Sam Walton and the purpose of this book?
7. How does Sam's experience in football reflect his personality traits?
8. How do Sam and Helen feel about leaving Newport? What are their plans now?
9. What is known about Sam Walton's childhood? What did he learn during this time about one's ability to make money?
10. What is taking place in the world of discount stores in 1962?
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)