|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be ignored.
(b) Be pampered.
(c) Be seen and not heard.
(d) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
2. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
(b) A lack of space for building.
(c) Wealthy clientele.
(d) Real estate issues, legal quandaries, and zoning problems.
3. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
(a) The profit-sharing program.
(b) Working long hours.
(c) Becoming managers.
(d) Becoming executives.
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to check out stores along the way.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(d) He had to promote his company.
5. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Pride and jealousy.
(b) Understanding and empathy.
(c) Love and kindness.
(d) Ambition and drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
2. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
3. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
4. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
5. What is the first thing Sam does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe, in general, this period of time for Wal-Mart.
2. What does Wal-Mart have in regards to profit-sharing?
3. What is known about Sam Walton's childhood? What did he learn during this time about one's ability to make money?
4. How does Rob help Sam with his debt? What are the results of Sam's fear of being in debt? How do both he and Helen feel about these results?
5. How does this book begin? What information does it give about Sam Walton and the purpose of this book?
6. What does Sam do when he is about to graduate from college?
7. What is the one mistake for which Helen cannot forgive Sam? Why?
8. What does Sam do when he attends the Univeristy of Missouri?
9. How does Sam decide where to build a Wal-Mart? Why?
10. Describe Don Whitaker.
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)