|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
(a) At Sam's home.
(b) On vacation in Las Vegas.
(c) At a Wal-Mart staff meeting.
(d) Quail hunting at the Robson ranch.
2. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
3. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To take over Sam's position.
(b) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(c) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
(d) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
4. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(b) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
(c) Let's be quick and quiet.
(d) Let's do it now and do it right.
5. Does Sam worry about fluctuating stock prices?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
2. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
3. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
4. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
5. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam admit to thinking about throughout most of his life? Who uses Sam's ideas to benefit Wal-Mart? How does this person do this?
2. How did Sam treat his employees in the beginning? Why? What has he realized from this?
3. How does Sam feel about debts and loans?
4. How do Sam and Helen feel about leaving Newport? What are their plans now?
5. What does Sam say is the biggest business mistake in his life? What might have led to this?
6. How does the store in Bentonville benefit Sam?
7. How does Rob help Sam with his debt? What are the results of Sam's fear of being in debt? How do both he and Helen feel about these results?
8. How is Sam a maverick in the business world?
9. How does Sam's experience in football reflect his personality traits?
10. What does Wal-Mart have in regards to profit-sharing?
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)