|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They officially close the door on ___________.
(a) Surplus stores.
(c) Discount stores.
(d) Variety stores.
2. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
(b) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(c) To take over Sam's position.
(d) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
3. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
(b) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
(c) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
(d) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
4. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
5. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Pride and jealousy.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Ambition and drive.
(d) Understanding and empathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
2. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
3. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
4. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
5. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam encourage family togetherness? How does he also continue to obsess over business matters at the same time?
2. Describe, in general, this period of time for Wal-Mart.
3. How does Sam feel about debts and loans?
4. Why is Ferold Arend hired? What does he do for Wal-Mart?
5. Describe Don Whitaker.
6. How does Sam have the personality of a promoter?
7. What does Sam do once Walton's Five and Dime is a success?
8. How would Sam spy on Kmart?
9. What does Wal-Mart have in regards to profit-sharing?
10. How do Sam and Helen feel about leaving Newport? What are their plans now?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)