|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
(a) Only at first.
2. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had borrowed some money.
(b) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
(c) They had decided to borrow money.
(d) They had spent all of their own money.
3. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(a) Ben Franklin.
(b) JC Penney.
4. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great employees.
(b) Choosing great advertisers.
(c) Choosing great managers.
(d) Choosing great leaders.
5. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
2. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
3. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
4. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
5. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam feel about debts and loans?
2. Give an example of what Sam would do on family vacations.
3. How does Sam encourage family togetherness? How does he also continue to obsess over business matters at the same time?
4. How does this book begin? What information does it give about Sam Walton and the purpose of this book?
5. How does Sam decide where to build a Wal-Mart? Why?
6. How did Sam treat his employees in the beginning? Why? What has he realized from this?
7. What is the one mistake for which Helen cannot forgive Sam? Why?
8. What can Sam do now that he is out of debt?
9. What is known about Sam Walton's childhood? What did he learn during this time about one's ability to make money?
10. What does Sam do when he is about to graduate from college?
This section contains 1,317 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)