|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
2. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
(a) To forge a greater partnership with them.
(b) To make them more responsible.
(c) To force them to make decisions within the company.
(d) To convince them that Sam cares about them.
3. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to visit friends.
(b) He has to check out the competition.
(c) He has to promote his business.
(d) He has to fight the competition.
4. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since he met Helen's father.
(b) He was born.
(c) He started.
(d) Since his first job.
5. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
(a) Take care of their customers and employees first.
(b) Hire someone like Sam.
(c) Support Wal-Mart.
(d) Be frugal.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Sam concentrate?
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
3. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
4. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
5. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sam help his family financially? What does he believe about the role of children in the family?
2. Describe Sam's family.
3. What are five rules given by Sam for running a successful company?
4. How do Sam and Helen feel about leaving Newport? What are their plans now?
5. How is Sam a maverick in the business world?
6. How did Sam treat his employees in the beginning? Why? What has he realized from this?
7. Why is Sam able to write this book?
8. How does Sam encourage family togetherness? How does he also continue to obsess over business matters at the same time?
9. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
10. What is the "whistle while you work" mentality? How does this benefit the employee and the company?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)