|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
(a) On vacation in Las Vegas.
(b) At Sam's home.
(c) At a Wal-Mart staff meeting.
(d) Quail hunting at the Robson ranch.
2. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to promote his business.
(b) He has to fight the competition.
(c) He has to check out the competition.
(d) He has to visit friends.
3. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go to the opera.
(b) Ride horses.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Go camping.
4. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(a) Study business.
(b) Play instruments.
5. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
(a) Becoming executives.
(b) Becoming managers.
(c) The profit-sharing program.
(d) Working long hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
2. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
3. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
4. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
5. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sam's appreciation for the dollar further ingrained?
2. How do Sam and Helen feel about leaving Newport? What are their plans now?
3. Describe Sam's family.
4. Describe, in general, this period of time for Wal-Mart.
5. How does Rob help Sam with his debt? What are the results of Sam's fear of being in debt? How do both he and Helen feel about these results?
6. What is the one mistake for which Helen cannot forgive Sam? Why?
7. What is taking place in the world of discount stores in 1962?
8. How does Sam decide where to build a Wal-Mart? Why?
9. What is known about Sam Walton's childhood? What did he learn during this time about one's ability to make money?
10. What can Sam do now that he is out of debt?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)