|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The associates.
(b) The Walton family members.
(c) The managers.
(d) The executives.
2. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(b) To take over Sam's position.
(c) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(d) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
3. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
4. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Earn extra money for his family.
(b) Make himself famous.
(c) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
(d) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
5. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
(a) He wants to go to law school.
(b) He believes he will be an insurance salesman.
(c) He does not want to be a businessman.
(d) He wants to purchase a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
2. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
3. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
4. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the store in Bentonville benefit Sam?
2. With what traits does Sam say is is over-blessed? What does he do with these traits during his adolescence?
3. How would Sam spy on Kmart?
4. How does this book begin? What information does it give about Sam Walton and the purpose of this book?
5. What does Sam admit to thinking about throughout most of his life? Who uses Sam's ideas to benefit Wal-Mart? How does this person do this?
6. What does Sam do while debating the idea of going public?
7. What does Sam do when he is about to graduate from college?
8. How does Sam's experience in football reflect his personality traits?
9. What is taking place in the world of discount stores in 1962?
10. Give an example of what Sam would do on family vacations.
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)