|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
(a) A little plane.
(b) A little car.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A bus.
2. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(b) Let's be quick and quiet.
(c) Let's do it now and do it right.
(d) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
3. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where he wants to live.
(b) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(c) Where his future lies.
(d) If he wants to be in business.
4. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
5. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(b) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
(c) Attracting customers.
(d) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
2. On what does Sam concentrate?
3. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
4. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
5. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam feel about debts and loans?
2. What does Sam do while debating the idea of going public?
3. Describe Don Whitaker.
4. With what traits does Sam say is is over-blessed? What does he do with these traits during his adolescence?
5. What has happened at Wal-Mart regarding unions? Why?
6. How is Sam a maverick in the business world?
7. Describe the annual stockholder meetings.
8. What does Sam admit to thinking about throughout most of his life? Who uses Sam's ideas to benefit Wal-Mart? How does this person do this?
9. What is Sam's motto that he frequently repeats?
10. Why does Sam give back to the community?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)