|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
(a) He no longer works for Wal-Mart.
(b) He is retired.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is interested in writing a book.
2. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
(a) Helen's father.
(c) His father.
(d) Mike Smith.
3. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
4. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(c) It is close to home.
(d) The advertising is good.
5. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would not be surprised.
(b) Many executives snicker.
(c) Many executives would agree.
(d) Many executives would disagree.
6. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As bureaucratic.
(b) As democratic.
(c) As a joke.
(d) As a waste of time.
7. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
(a) Sam is very intelligent.
(b) Sam was in the right place at the right time.
(c) It offers a superior alternative to the stores of the past.
(d) Investors love Wal-Mart and Sam.
8. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
(b) Only at first.
9. How has Sam always felt about competition?
(a) It is a bad thing.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is a good thing.
(d) It is a waste of time.
10. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
(a) Many raises.
(b) Gifts for their birthdays.
(c) Specific tasks to complete.
(d) The freedom to experiment and test things on their own.
11. Sam had to get up every day with what idea?
(a) Being famous.
(b) Improving something.
(c) Changing the world.
(d) Providing for his family.
12. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
13. With what is Sam greatly concerned?
(a) Tax evasion.
(b) Minority groups.
14. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
15. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
Short Answer Questions
1. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
2. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
3. Ron leaves the company when?
4. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
5. What is rule number seven?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)