|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
(a) Destroyed them.
(b) Helped them.
(c) Competed with them.
(d) Encouraged them.
2. What does Sam believe are what will continue to keep the customers coming back to shop at your store?
(a) Persuasive advertising.
(b) Low prices.
(c) Personal touches.
(d) A large inventory.
3. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Helen Walton.
(b) David Glass.
(c) Rob Walton.
(d) Mike Smith.
4. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Make work hours go by quickly.
(c) Stay positive.
(d) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
5. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
(a) The daily meetings.
(b) The Saturday meetings.
(c) The annual meetings.
(d) The Sunday meetings.
6. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
(a) Gifts for their birthdays.
(b) Many raises.
(c) The freedom to experiment and test things on their own.
(d) Specific tasks to complete.
7. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
8. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
9. How has Sam always felt about competition?
(a) It is a bad thing.
(b) It is a good thing.
(c) It is a waste of time.
(d) It is dangerous.
10. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
(a) A businessman.
(b) An employee.
(c) A manager.
(d) A promoter.
11. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
(a) Give back to the community.
(b) Give many thanks.
(c) Save most of their money.
(d) Spend their money as they like.
12. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
(b) The Sunday Night Massacre.
(c) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(d) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
13. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would not be surprised.
(b) Many executives snicker.
(c) Many executives would disagree.
(d) Many executives would agree.
14. What is rule number five?
(a) Appreciate everything your managers do for your business.
(b) Appreciate everything you do for your business.
(c) Appreciate everything your family does for your business.
(d) Appreciate everything your associates do for your business.
15. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
(a) The VMA of the year award.
(b) The VIP of the year award.
(c) The PVI of theyear award.
(d) The VPI of the year award.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
2. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
3. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
4. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
5. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)