|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
2. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
(a) It is one of the worst duals and weakens Wal-Mart.
(b) It is one of the best duals and strengthens Wal-Mart.
(c) It is unusual and disturbing.
(d) It is unremarkable and typical.
3. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
(c) Only once.
4. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
(a) The discount model.
(b) The self-service style.
(c) The partially-serviced style.
(d) The fully-serviced discount model.
5. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(b) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(c) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(d) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
6. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) Once Sam resumes his role.
(b) Sam fires him.
(c) Sam retires.
(d) No one supports him.
7. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
(a) Fun activities.
(c) The heroes.
(d) Intelligent leaders.
8. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
(a) Both financially and personally.
(b) In small ways.
9. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
(a) New technology.
(b) Women in the workplace.
(c) The need for women managers on the floor.
(d) The need for female executives.
10. How has Sam always felt about competition?
(a) It is a good thing.
(b) It is a waste of time.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is a bad thing.
11. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives snicker.
(b) Many executives would agree.
(c) Many executives would not be surprised.
(d) Many executives would disagree.
12. What does each store still apply?
(a) Their own building model.
(b) The same basic philosophies that were integtral in the firs few stores.
(c) Their own philosophies.
(d) The same building model.
13. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(b) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(c) "Happiness" mentality.
(d) "We Love Work" mentality.
14. What does Sam believe is in need of more funds?
(c) The poor.
(d) Minority groups.
15. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
(a) The VMA of the year award.
(b) The VPI of the year award.
(c) The VIP of the year award.
(d) The PVI of theyear award.
Short Answer Questions
1. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
2. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
3. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
4. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
5. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)