|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
(a) Spend their money as they like.
(b) Give back to the community.
(c) Save most of their money.
(d) Give many thanks.
2. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(b) The Sunday Night Massacre.
(c) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(d) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
3. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
(a) It is unusual and disturbing.
(b) It is unremarkable and typical.
(c) It is one of the worst duals and weakens Wal-Mart.
(d) It is one of the best duals and strengthens Wal-Mart.
4. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
5. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Vice president.
(d) Upper management.
6. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
(a) New technology.
(b) The need for female executives.
(c) The need for women managers on the floor.
(d) Women in the workplace.
7. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
(a) Support them.
(b) Submerge them.
(c) Encourage them.
(d) Adhere to them.
8. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
9. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(b) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
(c) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(d) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
10. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
11. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) Sam retires.
(b) Sam fires him.
(c) Once Sam resumes his role.
(d) No one supports him.
12. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
(a) Investors can work for Wal-Mart.
(b) Sam can impress his investors.
(c) Investors can get a real taste for what the company is all about.
(d) Investors will want to invest more.
13. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
(a) Only at first.
14. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
15. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "We Love Work" mentality.
(b) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(c) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(d) "Happiness" mentality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
2. How can the meetings be described?
3. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
4. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
5. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)