|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
(a) He does not like change.
(b) He does not trust technology.
(c) He wants them to be justified.
(d) He does not understand technology.
2. What is rule number five?
(a) Appreciate everything your family does for your business.
(b) Appreciate everything your associates do for your business.
(c) Appreciate everything you do for your business.
(d) Appreciate everything your managers do for your business.
3. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
(a) Publicly questioned a CEO who had stepped down from the leadership role.
(b) Publicly questioned a CEO that never steps down from the leadership role.
(c) Publicly questioned a CEO that could not really step down from the leadership role.
(d) Publicly questioned a CEO that would like to step down from the leadership role.
4. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(c) Their own traditions and games.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
5. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
(c) Only at first.
6. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
7. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed your employees' expectations.
(b) Exceed the expectations of all others.
(c) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
(d) Exceed your own expectations.
8. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
(a) Other large competitors.
(b) Its employees.
(d) Other regional and smaller competitors.
9. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
10. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
(a) A manager.
(b) An employee.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A promoter.
11. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
(a) An island on which to play with his grandchildren.
(b) A larger home.
(c) More vacation time.
(d) A yacht.
12. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
13. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
14. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
(a) Spend their money as they like.
(b) Give many thanks.
(c) Give back to the community.
(d) Save most of their money.
15. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
(b) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(c) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(d) The Sunday Night Massacre.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
2. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
3. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
4. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
5. What does Sam believe are what will continue to keep the customers coming back to shop at your store?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)