|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
(a) His two sons.
(b) Helen and her father.
(c) Helen and Sam.
(d) Ferold and Ron.
2. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
(a) Support them.
(b) Adhere to them.
(c) Encourage them.
(d) Submerge them.
3. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(b) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(c) "Happiness" mentality.
(d) "We Love Work" mentality.
4. Sam delineates the top ____ rules that helped him achieve the success that he enjoys with Wal-Mart.
5. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Stay positive.
(c) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
(d) Make work hours go by quickly.
6. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
(a) Put yourself first and make sure you are satisfied.
(b) Put your family first and make sure they are satisfied.
(c) Put your investors first and make sure they are satisfied.
(d) Put the customer first and make sure they are satisfied.
7. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
(a) The self-service style.
(b) The discount model.
(c) The fully-serviced discount model.
(d) The partially-serviced style.
8. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
9. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Helen Walton.
(b) David Glass.
(c) Rob Walton.
(d) Mike Smith.
10. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(c) Big K.
11. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As democratic.
(b) As bureaucratic.
(c) As a waste of time.
(d) As a joke.
12. How has Sam always felt about competition?
(a) It is a good thing.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is a bad thing.
(d) It is a waste of time.
13. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
(a) An island on which to play with his grandchildren.
(b) A yacht.
(c) More vacation time.
(d) A larger home.
14. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
15. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
(b) Only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
2. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
3. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
4. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
5. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)