|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
(b) Only at first.
2. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(b) "We Love Work" mentality.
(c) "Happiness" mentality.
(d) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
3. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
4. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
5. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
(a) Support them.
(b) Encourage them.
(c) Adhere to them.
(d) Submerge them.
6. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
(a) If he should have started more discount stores.
(b) If he should have spent more of his money.
(c) If he should have spent more time at work over the years.
(d) If he should have spent more time with his family over the years instead.
7. What does Sam believe is in need of more funds?
(b) The poor.
(c) Minority groups.
8. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
(a) It is one of the worst duals and weakens Wal-Mart.
(b) It is unremarkable and typical.
(c) It is unusual and disturbing.
(d) It is one of the best duals and strengthens Wal-Mart.
9. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
(a) He no longer works for Wal-Mart.
(b) He is interested in writing a book.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is retired.
10. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
11. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Stay positive.
(b) Work hard.
(c) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
(d) Make work hours go by quickly.
12. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(a) Big K.
13. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
(c) Only at first.
14. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
(a) Intelligent leaders.
(c) The heroes.
(d) Fun activities.
15. What does each store still apply?
(a) The same building model.
(b) The same basic philosophies that were integtral in the firs few stores.
(c) Their own building model.
(d) Their own philosophies.
Short Answer Questions
1. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
2. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
3. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
4. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
5. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)