|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
2. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
3. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Saturday morning.
(b) Every morning.
(c) Every Sunday morning.
(d) Every Saturday night.
4. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) The advertising is good.
(d) It is close to home.
5. What is rule number seven?
(a) Listen to your heart.
(b) Listen to everyone in your company and find ways to get them talking.
(c) Listen to the suggestions of other businessmen.
(d) Listen to your financial advisors.
6. Wal-Mart gives an annual ____________ scholarship to a local student.
7. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
(a) Fun activities.
(b) The heroes.
(d) Intelligent leaders.
8. In Chapter 18, Sam reflects on _______.
(b) His whole life.
(c) His career.
(d) His childhood.
9. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
(a) Submerge them.
(b) Encourage them.
(c) Adhere to them.
(d) Support them.
10. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
(a) The evolution of man.
(b) It is evolution similar to that of buggy horses to cars.
11. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
(a) An employee.
(b) A manager.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A promoter.
12. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
13. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
(a) Sam always wanted to be the best retailer, not necessarily the biggest.
(b) Sam always wanted to be the biggest retailer, not necessarily the best.
(c) Sam always wanted to be wealthy.
(d) Sam always wanted to be famous.
14. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
(b) Only at first.
15. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is interested in writing a book.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He no longer works for Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ron leaves the company when?
2. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
3. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
4. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
5. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)