|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(b) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
(c) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(d) The Sunday Night Massacre.
2. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
3. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
(a) Choose other stores.
(b) Come to one place to find a range of goods at low prices.
(c) Feel comfortable making purchases.
(d) Come when they wanted to.
4. Sam eventually returns to Newport, Arkansas, and opens a Wal-Mart near ________.
(a) His old Ben Franklin variety store.
(b) His father's store.
(c) His father's home.
(d) His old home.
5. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
6. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
(a) It makes it weaker.
(b) It makes it more devious and dangerous.
(c) It does not affect it.
(d) It makes it stronger and more honed on the marketplace than it might have been if left by itself.
7. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
(b) Exceed your own expectations.
(c) Exceed your employees' expectations.
(d) Exceed the expectations of all others.
8. What is rule number seven?
(a) Listen to everyone in your company and find ways to get them talking.
(b) Listen to your financial advisors.
(c) Listen to the suggestions of other businessmen.
(d) Listen to your heart.
9. What does each store still apply?
(a) The same basic philosophies that were integtral in the firs few stores.
(b) The same building model.
(c) Their own philosophies.
(d) Their own building model.
10. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
(a) The partially-serviced style.
(b) The fully-serviced discount model.
(c) The discount model.
(d) The self-service style.
11. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(c) Their own traditions and games.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
12. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
(a) A yacht.
(b) More vacation time.
(c) A larger home.
(d) An island on which to play with his grandchildren.
13. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
(a) Other large competitors.
(c) Other regional and smaller competitors.
(d) Its employees.
14. What does Sam believe is in need of more funds?
(c) Minority groups.
(d) The poor.
15. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam delineates the top ____ rules that helped him achieve the success that he enjoys with Wal-Mart.
2. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
3. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
4. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
5. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)