|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam had to get up every day with what idea?
(a) Improving something.
(b) Providing for his family.
(c) Changing the world.
(d) Being famous.
2. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(a) Vice president.
(c) Upper management.
3. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
4. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(b) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(c) The Sunday Night Massacre.
(d) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
5. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As a waste of time.
(b) As a joke.
(c) As democratic.
(d) As bureaucratic.
6. With what is Sam greatly concerned?
(b) Tax evasion.
(d) Minority groups.
7. What is rule number five?
(a) Appreciate everything your associates do for your business.
(b) Appreciate everything you do for your business.
(c) Appreciate everything your family does for your business.
(d) Appreciate everything your managers do for your business.
8. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
(a) Put the customer first and make sure they are satisfied.
(b) Put your family first and make sure they are satisfied.
(c) Put yourself first and make sure you are satisfied.
(d) Put your investors first and make sure they are satisfied.
9. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
(a) He does not understand technology.
(b) He does not like change.
(c) He does not trust technology.
(d) He wants them to be justified.
10. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) No one supports him.
(b) Sam retires.
(c) Once Sam resumes his role.
(d) Sam fires him.
11. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
(a) The freedom to experiment and test things on their own.
(b) Specific tasks to complete.
(c) Many raises.
(d) Gifts for their birthdays.
12. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
(a) If he should have spent more time with his family over the years instead.
(b) If he should have spent more time at work over the years.
(c) If he should have started more discount stores.
(d) If he should have spent more of his money.
13. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Saturday morning.
(b) Every Sunday morning.
(c) Every morning.
(d) Every Saturday night.
14. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
15. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
(a) New technology.
(b) The need for women managers on the floor.
(c) Women in the workplace.
(d) The need for female executives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
2. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
3. What is rule number ten?
4. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
5. What is rule number eight?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)