|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
2. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
(c) Only at first.
3. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(b) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
(c) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(d) The Sunday Night Massacre.
4. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(c) Their own traditions and games.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
5. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
(a) Its employees.
(c) Other regional and smaller competitors.
(d) Other large competitors.
6. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(b) "We Love Work" mentality.
(c) "Happiness" mentality.
(d) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
7. Wal-Mart gives an annual ____________ scholarship to a local student.
8. What is rule number one?
(a) Commit to your family.
(b) Commit to yourself.
(c) Commit to your business.
(d) Commit to be wealthy.
9. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As a waste of time.
(b) As a joke.
(c) As democratic.
(d) As bureaucratic.
10. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
(a) Sam always wanted to be wealthy.
(b) Sam always wanted to be the best retailer, not necessarily the biggest.
(c) Sam always wanted to be the biggest retailer, not necessarily the best.
(d) Sam always wanted to be famous.
11. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
(a) The need for female executives.
(b) The need for women managers on the floor.
(c) Women in the workplace.
(d) New technology.
12. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
13. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
(a) Give many thanks.
(b) Save most of their money.
(c) Give back to the community.
(d) Spend their money as they like.
14. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
(a) He no longer works for Wal-Mart.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He is interested in writing a book.
15. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
2. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
3. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
4. What is rule number seven?
5. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)