|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
2. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
(a) Support them.
(b) Adhere to them.
(c) Encourage them.
(d) Submerge them.
3. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
(a) A yacht.
(b) An island on which to play with his grandchildren.
(c) A larger home.
(d) More vacation time.
4. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
(a) Investors love Wal-Mart and Sam.
(b) Sam was in the right place at the right time.
(c) It offers a superior alternative to the stores of the past.
(d) Sam is very intelligent.
5. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
6. What is rule number ten?
(a) Be ahead of the trends.
(b) Swim upstream. Go against the current. Experiment.
(c) Follow the trends.
(d) Be conservative.
7. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
8. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
(a) Put your family first and make sure they are satisfied.
(b) Put yourself first and make sure you are satisfied.
(c) Put the customer first and make sure they are satisfied.
(d) Put your investors first and make sure they are satisfied.
9. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
(a) The annual meetings.
(b) The Sunday meetings.
(c) The daily meetings.
(d) The Saturday meetings.
10. In Chapter 18, Sam reflects on _______.
(a) His childhood.
(b) His whole life.
(c) His career.
11. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) The advertising is good.
(b) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(c) It is close to home.
(d) It is inexpensive.
12. Sam had to get up every day with what idea?
(a) Changing the world.
(b) Being famous.
(c) Improving something.
(d) Providing for his family.
13. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
14. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
15. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
(a) In small ways.
(b) Both financially and personally.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
2. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
3. How has Sam always felt about competition?
4. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
5. What takes place after Sam's return?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)