|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Sunday morning.
(b) Every Saturday night.
(c) Every morning.
(d) Every Saturday morning.
2. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) Sam retires.
(b) Sam fires him.
(c) No one supports him.
(d) Once Sam resumes his role.
3. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
(c) It is evolution similar to that of buggy horses to cars.
(d) The evolution of man.
4. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
5. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
(a) More vacation time.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A larger home.
(d) An island on which to play with his grandchildren.
6. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
7. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
(a) He is retired.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He no longer works for Wal-Mart.
(d) He is interested in writing a book.
8. What does Sam believe is in need of more funds?
(a) The poor.
(b) Minority groups.
9. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
(a) Give back to the community.
(b) Give many thanks.
(c) Spend their money as they like.
(d) Save most of their money.
10. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(b) "We Love Work" mentality.
(c) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(d) "Happiness" mentality.
11. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
(a) The freedom to experiment and test things on their own.
(b) Specific tasks to complete.
(c) Many raises.
(d) Gifts for their birthdays.
12. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(b) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
(c) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(d) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
13. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
(a) He wants them to be justified.
(b) He does not trust technology.
(c) He does not like change.
(d) He does not understand technology.
14. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
(a) Come when they wanted to.
(b) Come to one place to find a range of goods at low prices.
(c) Choose other stores.
(d) Feel comfortable making purchases.
15. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
(a) It makes it weaker.
(b) It makes it stronger and more honed on the marketplace than it might have been if left by itself.
(c) It makes it more devious and dangerous.
(d) It does not affect it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
2. What is rule number ten?
3. What is rule number eight?
4. Sam reflects on what __________ has done for him and his family.
5. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)