|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Saturday morning.
(b) Every morning.
(c) Every Sunday morning.
(d) Every Saturday night.
2. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
(c) Only at first.
3. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
4. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
5. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
(b) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(c) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(d) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
6. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
(a) Intelligent leaders.
(c) Fun activities.
(d) The heroes.
7. What is rule number seven?
(a) Listen to the suggestions of other businessmen.
(b) Listen to your heart.
(c) Listen to everyone in your company and find ways to get them talking.
(d) Listen to your financial advisors.
8. With what is Sam greatly concerned?
(c) Tax evasion.
(d) Minority groups.
9. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
(a) He is interested in writing a book.
(b) He no longer works for Wal-Mart.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He is sick.
10. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
(a) A promoter.
(b) A businessman.
(c) An employee.
(d) A manager.
11. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
(a) The urban customer.
(b) The city customer.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The small town customer.
12. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
(a) If he should have spent more time with his family over the years instead.
(b) If he should have spent more of his money.
(c) If he should have spent more time at work over the years.
(d) If he should have started more discount stores.
13. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
14. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
15. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
(a) Competed with them.
(b) Helped them.
(c) Destroyed them.
(d) Encouraged them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
2. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
3. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
4. What is rule number one?
5. How can the meetings be described?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)