|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
2. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Upper management.
(c) Vice president.
3. Wal-Mart gives an annual ____________ scholarship to a local student.
4. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
(a) The VPI of the year award.
(b) The VMA of the year award.
(c) The VIP of the year award.
(d) The PVI of theyear award.
5. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
(a) Its employees.
(b) Other large competitors.
(d) Other regional and smaller competitors.
6. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(c) The advertising is good.
(d) It is close to home.
7. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(b) "We Love Work" mentality.
(c) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(d) "Happiness" mentality.
8. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
(a) A larger home.
(b) A yacht.
(c) More vacation time.
(d) An island on which to play with his grandchildren.
9. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
10. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
11. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
(d) Only at first.
12. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
(a) If he should have spent more of his money.
(b) If he should have started more discount stores.
(c) If he should have spent more time at work over the years.
(d) If he should have spent more time with his family over the years instead.
13. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
(a) The Saturday meetings.
(b) The annual meetings.
(c) The Sunday meetings.
(d) The daily meetings.
14. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As bureaucratic.
(b) As a joke.
(c) As democratic.
(d) As a waste of time.
15. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
(a) It is evolution similar to that of buggy horses to cars.
(d) The evolution of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Sam greatly concerned?
2. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
3. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
4. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
5. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)