|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Stay positive.
(c) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
(d) Make work hours go by quickly.
2. What is rule number seven?
(a) Listen to the suggestions of other businessmen.
(b) Listen to your heart.
(c) Listen to your financial advisors.
(d) Listen to everyone in your company and find ways to get them talking.
3. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(b) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(c) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(d) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
4. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
(c) The evolution of man.
(d) It is evolution similar to that of buggy horses to cars.
5. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
(a) It offers a superior alternative to the stores of the past.
(b) Sam is very intelligent.
(c) Investors love Wal-Mart and Sam.
(d) Sam was in the right place at the right time.
6. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
(a) It makes it weaker.
(b) It makes it stronger and more honed on the marketplace than it might have been if left by itself.
(c) It does not affect it.
(d) It makes it more devious and dangerous.
7. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
(a) Helen and her father.
(b) His two sons.
(c) Helen and Sam.
(d) Ferold and Ron.
8. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Upper management.
(d) Vice president.
9. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
10. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(b) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
(c) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(d) The Sunday Night Massacre.
11. What is rule number five?
(a) Appreciate everything your managers do for your business.
(b) Appreciate everything you do for your business.
(c) Appreciate everything your associates do for your business.
(d) Appreciate everything your family does for your business.
12. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
(c) Only at first.
13. Sam had to get up every day with what idea?
(a) Providing for his family.
(b) Improving something.
(c) Being famous.
(d) Changing the world.
14. What is rule number eight?
(a) Exceed the expectations of all others.
(b) Exceed your own expectations.
(c) Exceed your employees' expectations.
(d) Exceed your customers' expectations and enjoy their return.
15. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
(a) Come when they wanted to.
(b) Choose other stores.
(c) Come to one place to find a range of goods at low prices.
(d) Feel comfortable making purchases.
Short Answer Questions
1. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
2. What is rule number ten?
3. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
4. What does each store still apply?
5. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)