|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
2. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
(a) The annual meetings.
(b) The Saturday meetings.
(c) The Sunday meetings.
(d) The daily meetings.
3. What does Sam believe are what will continue to keep the customers coming back to shop at your store?
(a) Personal touches.
(b) Low prices.
(c) Persuasive advertising.
(d) A large inventory.
4. What is rule number five?
(a) Appreciate everything your associates do for your business.
(b) Appreciate everything your family does for your business.
(c) Appreciate everything your managers do for your business.
(d) Appreciate everything you do for your business.
5. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) It is close to home.
(d) The advertising is good.
6. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
(a) A promoter.
(b) A manager.
(c) An employee.
(d) A businessman.
7. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
(a) Helped them.
(b) Competed with them.
(c) Destroyed them.
(d) Encouraged them.
8. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Sunday Night Massacre.
(b) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(c) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
(d) The Saturday Night Massacre.
9. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
(a) It is unremarkable and typical.
(b) It is one of the worst duals and weakens Wal-Mart.
(c) It is unusual and disturbing.
(d) It is one of the best duals and strengthens Wal-Mart.
10. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
(a) Publicly questioned a CEO who had stepped down from the leadership role.
(b) Publicly questioned a CEO that would like to step down from the leadership role.
(c) Publicly questioned a CEO that never steps down from the leadership role.
(d) Publicly questioned a CEO that could not really step down from the leadership role.
11. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
(b) Helen's father.
(c) Mike Smith.
(d) His father.
12. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
(b) Make work hours go by quickly.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Stay positive.
13. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
(a) Only at first.
14. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "We Love Work" mentality.
(b) "Work is Fun" mentality.
(c) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(d) "Happiness" mentality.
15. What does Sam believe is in need of more funds?
(b) The poor.
(d) Minority groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
2. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
3. What is rule number eight?
4. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
5. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)