|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
(a) The discount model.
(b) The fully-serviced discount model.
(c) The partially-serviced style.
(d) The self-service style.
2. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
(a) The PVI of theyear award.
(b) The VIP of the year award.
(c) The VMA of the year award.
(d) The VPI of the year award.
3. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(a) Their own traditions and games.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
4. What is rule number one?
(a) Commit to yourself.
(b) Commit to your family.
(c) Commit to your business.
(d) Commit to be wealthy.
5. What does Sam think is a trade-off?
6. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Upper management.
(d) Vice president.
7. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) Sam retires.
(b) Sam fires him.
(c) Once Sam resumes his role.
(d) No one supports him.
8. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(b) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(c) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
(d) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
9. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) It is close to home.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(d) The advertising is good.
10. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
(a) Intelligent leaders.
(c) The heroes.
(d) Fun activities.
11. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
(a) Investors love Wal-Mart and Sam.
(b) Sam is very intelligent.
(c) It offers a superior alternative to the stores of the past.
(d) Sam was in the right place at the right time.
12. Sam eventually returns to Newport, Arkansas, and opens a Wal-Mart near ________.
(a) His father's store.
(b) His old home.
(c) His father's home.
(d) His old Ben Franklin variety store.
13. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(c) Big K.
14. Wal-Mart gives an annual ____________ scholarship to a local student.
15. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
(a) Put your family first and make sure they are satisfied.
(b) Put yourself first and make sure you are satisfied.
(c) Put the customer first and make sure they are satisfied.
(d) Put your investors first and make sure they are satisfied.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
2. What takes place after Sam's return?
3. What does each store still apply?
4. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
5. How has Sam always felt about competition?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)