|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
(a) The small town customer.
(b) The city customer.
(c) The urban customer.
(d) The wealthy.
2. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
3. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
(b) Only once.
4. Sam reflects on what __________ has done for him and his family.
(c) Great wealth.
(d) Good luck.
5. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
(a) Ferold and Ron.
(b) Helen and Sam.
(c) Helen and her father.
(d) His two sons.
6. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
7. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Vice president.
(c) Upper management.
8. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(a) Their own traditions and games.
(b) Coffee and donuts.
9. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
10. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Sunday Night Massacre.
(b) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(c) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(d) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
11. Sam delineates the top ____ rules that helped him achieve the success that he enjoys with Wal-Mart.
12. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
(b) The evolution of man.
(c) It is evolution similar to that of buggy horses to cars.
13. If your store can provide what they need, including low prices, guaranteed satisfaction, and a wide assortment of goods, can success assured?
14. What does each store still apply?
(a) The same building model.
(b) Their own building model.
(c) The same basic philosophies that were integtral in the firs few stores.
(d) Their own philosophies.
15. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sam able to sit down and help write the book?
2. Ron leaves the company when?
3. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
4. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
5. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)