|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Make work hours go by quickly.
(b) Stay positive.
(c) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
(d) Work hard.
2. He has had the time of his life running Wal-Mart, but has been wondering _________.
(a) If he should have spent more of his money.
(b) If he should have spent more time at work over the years.
(c) If he should have started more discount stores.
(d) If he should have spent more time with his family over the years instead.
3. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
(a) Helen and her father.
(b) Ferold and Ron.
(c) His two sons.
(d) Helen and Sam.
4. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
5. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(a) Big K.
6. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As a waste of time.
(b) As bureaucratic.
(c) As a joke.
(d) As democratic.
7. Sam delineates the top ____ rules that helped him achieve the success that he enjoys with Wal-Mart.
8. Sam reflects on what __________ has done for him and his family.
(b) Good luck.
(d) Great wealth.
9. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
(c) Only at first.
10. Sam has plenty of money. What could he have bought?
(a) An island on which to play with his grandchildren.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A larger home.
(d) More vacation time.
11. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(b) Their own traditions and games.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
12. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
(a) Put your family first and make sure they are satisfied.
(b) Put your investors first and make sure they are satisfied.
(c) Put the customer first and make sure they are satisfied.
(d) Put yourself first and make sure you are satisfied.
13. In Chapter 18, Sam reflects on _______.
(a) His whole life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His career.
14. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
(a) He wants them to be justified.
(b) He does not trust technology.
(c) He does not like change.
(d) He does not understand technology.
15. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) It is close to home.
(b) The advertising is good.
(c) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(d) It is inexpensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rule number eight?
2. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
3. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
4. With what is Sam greatly concerned?
5. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)