|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Sam reflects on _______.
(b) His whole life.
(c) His career.
(d) His childhood.
2. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
3. What does Sam believe is in need of more funds?
(a) The poor.
(b) Minority groups.
4. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
(c) Only once.
5. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
(a) Investors will want to invest more.
(b) Investors can get a real taste for what the company is all about.
(c) Investors can work for Wal-Mart.
(d) Sam can impress his investors.
6. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
(a) It offers a superior alternative to the stores of the past.
(b) Investors love Wal-Mart and Sam.
(c) Sam was in the right place at the right time.
(d) Sam is very intelligent.
7. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
(a) It makes it more devious and dangerous.
(b) It does not affect it.
(c) It makes it weaker.
(d) It makes it stronger and more honed on the marketplace than it might have been if left by itself.
8. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) Sam fires him.
(b) No one supports him.
(c) Once Sam resumes his role.
(d) Sam retires.
9. With what is Sam greatly concerned?
(b) Minority groups.
(c) Tax evasion.
10. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Saturday morning.
(b) Every Sunday morning.
(c) Every morning.
(d) Every Saturday night.
11. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
(a) Gifts for their birthdays.
(b) Specific tasks to complete.
(c) Many raises.
(d) The freedom to experiment and test things on their own.
12. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
13. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(a) Their own traditions and games.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
14. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
(c) Both financially and personally.
(d) In small ways.
15. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
(a) Helen's father.
(b) His father.
(c) Mike Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
2. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
3. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
4. After Sam quasi-retired, financial analysts ___________.
5. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)