Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With a lot of attention.
(b) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(d) In the morning.
2. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(b) Where he wants to live.
(c) Where his future lies.
(d) If he wants to be in business.
3. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
(a) $50,000 from the sale of the business.
(b) An interest in retail.
(c) They have made many good friends.
(d) Many good business connections.
4. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Beta Theta Pi.
(b) Phi Tau.
(c) Beta Tau Beta.
(d) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
6. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
(b) In order to lend money to himself.
(c) He wants to control his money.
(d) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
7. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(b) He runs the competition out of town.
(c) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
(d) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
8. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They do not have Sam Walton.
(b) They only care about their employees.
(c) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
(d) They are looking out for themselves first.
9. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Recruiting followers.
(b) Blackmailing some of the student body.
(c) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
(d) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
10. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His wife.
(b) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
(c) His first boss.
(d) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
11. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(b) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(c) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
(d) He needs money.
12. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
(a) Other managers.
(b) Their customers.
(d) The executives.
13. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
(a) In large cities.
(b) In smaller towns.
(c) In the midwest.
(d) In poor neighborhoods.
14. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(b) Purchasing this Kmart.
(c) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(d) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
15. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
(a) His competition will give up.
(b) People will like him.
(c) He will make money.
(d) Everything else will work out well for the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
2. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
3. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
4. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
5. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)