|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
2. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be pampered.
(b) Be seen and not heard.
(c) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(d) Be ignored.
3. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
(a) Simple advertising.
(b) Expensive advertising.
(c) Word-of-mouth advertising among the townsfolk.
(d) Poor advertising.
4. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
(a) A little car.
(b) A little plane.
(c) A bus.
(d) A helicopter.
5. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
(a) A cookie-cutter strategy.
(b) A community.
(c) Deals with community leaders.
(d) A friendship with the members of the towns.
6. They officially close the door on ___________.
(a) Surplus stores.
(c) Variety stores.
(d) Discount stores.
7. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While in college.
(b) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(c) While working at JC Penney.
(d) In high school.
8. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
(a) Considering retirement.
(b) Executing his strategy for running large discount stores.
(c) Changing the face of Wal-Mart.
(d) Spending time with his family.
9. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) His company suffered.
(b) America forgot about him.
(c) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(d) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
10. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
(a) Becoming managers.
(b) Working long hours.
(c) The profit-sharing program.
(d) Becoming executives.
11. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
(b) He runs the competition out of town.
(c) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(d) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
12. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(b) He does not seem interested in retail.
(c) He cannot sell products well.
(d) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
13. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) An apple farm.
(b) A turkey farm.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) A dairy farm.
14. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It created an unhealthy living environment.
(b) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(c) It made the children into stars.
(d) It caused the family to fall apart.
15. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(b) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
(c) She needs something to do.
(d) She does not want to be lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
2. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
3. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
4. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
5. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)