|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
(a) A little plane.
(b) A little car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A helicopter.
2. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
(b) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
(c) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(d) He runs the competition out of town.
3. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had borrowed some money.
(b) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
(c) They had spent all of their own money.
(d) They had decided to borrow money.
4. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
(a) He wants to purchase a farm.
(b) He wants to go to law school.
(c) He does not want to be a businessman.
(d) He believes he will be an insurance salesman.
5. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is the richest man in America.
(b) He is a proud man.
(c) He is a poor man.
(d) He is the happiest man in America.
6. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(b) Make himself famous.
(c) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
(d) Earn extra money for his family.
7. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great employees.
(b) Choosing great advertisers.
(c) Choosing great managers.
(d) Choosing great leaders.
8. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
(a) Wealthy clientele.
(b) A lack of space for building.
(c) Real estate issues, legal quandaries, and zoning problems.
9. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Recruiting followers.
(b) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(c) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
(d) Blackmailing some of the student body.
10. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
11. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(b) Study business.
(c) Play instruments.
12. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Phi Tau.
(b) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(c) Beta Tau Beta.
(d) Beta Theta Pi.
13. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one he has with his wife.
(b) The one that the managers have with their associates.
(c) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
(d) The one he has with his employees.
14. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The Walton family members.
(b) The managers.
(c) The executives.
(d) The associates.
15. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He watches the competition disappear.
(b) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(c) He moves onto other cities.
(d) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did going public do to Sam's family?
2. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
3. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
4. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
5. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)