|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to visit friends.
(b) He has to fight the competition.
(c) He has to promote his business.
(d) He has to check out the competition.
2. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great managers.
(b) Choosing great advertisers.
(c) Choosing great employees.
(d) Choosing great leaders.
3. Does Sam worry about fluctuating stock prices?
4. Sam was born in ___________.
(a) Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
(b) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(c) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(d) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
5. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
6. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
7. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To take over Sam's position.
(b) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
(c) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(d) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
8. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(b) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing this Kmart.
9. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
(b) He would help her get ready.
(c) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
(d) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
10. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Bucking trends.
(b) Following trends.
(c) Starting trends.
(d) Researching trends.
11. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It caused the family to fall apart.
(b) It made the children into stars.
(c) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(d) It created an unhealthy living environment.
12. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He cannot sell products well.
(b) He does not seem interested in retail.
(c) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(d) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
13. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
(a) The art of deception.
(b) Building the same stores all over the country.
(c) Many stores and the art of doing business with low expenses and low prices.
(d) Convincing towns to support a Wal-Mart.
14. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) He wants to control his money.
(b) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
(c) In order to lend money to himself.
(d) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
15. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
(a) More financially solvent.
(b) Better and more efficient.
(c) Better for him.
(d) More exciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
2. They officially close the door on ___________.
3. On what does Sam concentrate?
4. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
5. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)