|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Ambition and drive.
(c) Pride and jealousy.
(d) Understanding and empathy.
2. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
(a) It helps him trust others to be losers.
(b) It makes him never want to be a loser.
(c) It helps him not trust losers.
(d) It helps him believe that he can always win.
3. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
(a) October 1, 1980.
(b) October 1, 1968.
(c) October 1, 1970.
(d) October 1, 1975.
4. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(b) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
(c) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(d) Attracting customers.
5. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A clown.
(b) A task master.
(c) A promoter.
(d) Santa Claus.
6. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go to the opera.
(b) Go camping.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Ride horses.
7. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where his future lies.
(b) If he wants to be in business.
(c) Where he wants to live.
(d) If he wants to go to graduate school.
8. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(a) Study business.
(d) Play instruments.
9. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
(a) More financially solvent.
(b) More exciting.
(c) Better for him.
(d) Better and more efficient.
10. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
11. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(b) He does not seem interested in retail.
(c) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(d) He cannot sell products well.
12. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
(a) He is a cashier at a Midwest variety chain store.
(b) He is the owner of a Midwest variety chain store.
(c) He is president of a Midwest variety chain store.
(d) He is head of merchandise for the whole Midwest for a variety chain store.
13. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) In the morning.
(c) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(d) With a lot of attention.
14. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Blackmailing some of the student body.
(b) Recruiting followers.
(c) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(d) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
15. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working at JC Penney.
(b) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(c) In high school.
(d) While in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
2. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
3. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
4. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
5. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)