|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
(a) More financially solvent.
(b) More exciting.
(c) Better and more efficient.
(d) Better for him.
2. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
(a) The executives.
(b) Their customers.
(d) Other managers.
3. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(b) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(d) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
4. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(b) His family must not go anywhere without him.
(c) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(d) The family must be home for dinner every night.
5. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
(a) The Walton family members.
(b) The associates.
(c) The executives.
(d) The managers.
6. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
7. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
(b) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
(c) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
(d) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
8. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
(a) $18 billion.
(b) $1.8 million.
(c) $1.8 trillion.
(d) $1.8 billion.
9. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
10. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(b) Let's do it now and do it right.
(c) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
(d) Let's be quick and quiet.
11. Does Sam worry about fluctuating stock prices?
12. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) He started.
(b) He was born.
(c) Since he met Helen's father.
(d) Since his first job.
13. What is the first thing Sam does?
(a) He makes friends with those who run the town.
(b) He moves into the town.
(c) He establishes a warehouse.
(d) He sends his sons to investigate the town.
14. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
15. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to promote his business.
(b) He has to fight the competition.
(c) He has to visit friends.
(d) He has to check out the competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
2. Phil Green concocts __________.
3. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
4. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
5. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)