|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
2. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Good advertising.
(b) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
(c) Keeping the customers returning.
(d) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
3. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
4. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would agree.
(b) Many executives would disagree.
(c) Many executives would not be surprised.
(d) Many executives snicker.
5. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
Short Answer Questions
1. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
2. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
3. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
4. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
5. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)