|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(b) Attracting customers.
(c) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(d) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
2. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(b) Purchasing this Kmart.
(c) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(d) Purchasing of a shopping center.
3. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To get a job at one of these stores.
(c) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
(d) To let the competition know who he is.
4. He and his family recognize how fortunate they have been in the success of Wal-Mart and consequently they ______.
(a) Give back to the community.
(b) Spend their money as they like.
(c) Give many thanks.
(d) Save most of their money.
5. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
(b) Mike Smith.
(c) Helen's father.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
2. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
3. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
4. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
5. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)