|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He moves onto other cities.
(b) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
(c) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(d) He watches the competition disappear.
2. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Rob Walton.
(b) Mike Smith.
(c) David Glass.
(d) Helen Walton.
3. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Beta Theta Pi.
(b) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(c) Phi Tau.
(d) Beta Tau Beta.
4. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
(b) Good advertising.
(c) Keeping the customers returning.
(d) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
5. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(b) He is really intelligent.
(c) No one is a better promoter than him.
(d) There was not competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
2. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
3. Does Sam worry about fluctuating stock prices?
4. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
5. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)