|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where his future lies.
(b) If he wants to be in business.
(c) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(d) Where he wants to live.
2. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
(a) Hire someone like Sam.
(b) Support Wal-Mart.
(c) Take care of their customers and employees first.
(d) Be frugal.
3. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
(a) To make them more responsible.
(b) To convince them that Sam cares about them.
(c) To force them to make decisions within the company.
(d) To forge a greater partnership with them.
4. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
(b) Recruiting followers.
(c) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(d) Blackmailing some of the student body.
5. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
2. Sam delineates the top ____ rules that helped him achieve the success that he enjoys with Wal-Mart.
3. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
4. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
5. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)