|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) Be ahead of the competition.
(b) Be cool.
(c) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(d) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
2. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
3. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
(a) The need for female executives.
(b) Women in the workplace.
(c) The need for women managers on the floor.
(d) New technology.
4. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
(a) Choose other stores.
(b) Come to one place to find a range of goods at low prices.
(c) Come when they wanted to.
(d) Feel comfortable making purchases.
5. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
(a) Investors can work for Wal-Mart.
(b) Investors will want to invest more.
(c) Sam can impress his investors.
(d) Investors can get a real taste for what the company is all about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
2. What is rule number ten?
3. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
4. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
5. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)