|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Upper management.
(d) Vice president.
2. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
(a) The annual meetings.
(b) The Saturday meetings.
(c) The Sunday meetings.
(d) The daily meetings.
3. What does Sam believe are what will continue to keep the customers coming back to shop at your store?
(a) Persuasive advertising.
(b) Low prices.
(c) Personal touches.
(d) A large inventory.
4. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(b) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(c) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(d) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
5. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To take over Sam's position.
(b) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(c) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(d) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
2. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
3. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
4. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
5. Sam delineates the top ____ rules that helped him achieve the success that he enjoys with Wal-Mart.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)