|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How his father had created their family fortune.
(b) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(c) How his boss created his fortune.
(d) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
2. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
(a) He is a cashier at a Midwest variety chain store.
(b) He is head of merchandise for the whole Midwest for a variety chain store.
(c) He is president of a Midwest variety chain store.
(d) He is the owner of a Midwest variety chain store.
3. Has Wal-Mart always treated its employees as well as it should have?
(d) Only at first.
4. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His first boss.
(b) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(c) His wife.
(d) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
5. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(b) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(c) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(d) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
2. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
3. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
4. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
5. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)