|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
(a) In smaller towns.
(b) In large cities.
(c) In the midwest.
(d) In poor neighborhoods.
2. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As a waste of time.
(b) As democratic.
(c) As a joke.
(d) As bureaucratic.
3. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) In order to lend money to himself.
(b) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
(c) He wants to control his money.
(d) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
4. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
5. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(b) Helen does not want him to buy it.
(c) He cannot afford to buy the store.
(d) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
2. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
3. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
4. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
5. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)