|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since he met Helen's father.
(b) He was born.
(c) Since his first job.
(d) He started.
2. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
(b) Giant Eagle.
3. What is rule number seven?
(a) Listen to your financial advisors.
(b) Listen to the suggestions of other businessmen.
(c) Listen to everyone in your company and find ways to get them talking.
(d) Listen to your heart.
4. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His wealth.
(b) His honesty and integrity.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His loving personality.
5. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He watches the competition disappear.
(b) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
(c) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(d) He moves onto other cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
2. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
3. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
4. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)