|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) He wants to control his money.
(b) In order to lend money to himself.
(c) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
(d) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
2. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) He was never happy.
(b) His family was never comfortable.
(c) His family was never satisfied.
(d) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
3. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
(a) Convincing towns to support a Wal-Mart.
(b) Many stores and the art of doing business with low expenses and low prices.
(c) Building the same stores all over the country.
(d) The art of deception.
4. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go camping.
(b) Ride horses.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Go to the opera.
5. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(c) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(d) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
2. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
3. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
4. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
5. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)