|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is rule number one?
(a) Commit to yourself.
(b) Commit to your business.
(c) Commit to your family.
(d) Commit to be wealthy.
2. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Stay positive.
(b) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
(c) Make work hours go by quickly.
(d) Work hard.
3. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Buying out stores.
(b) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
(c) Building new stores.
(d) Selling low-quality products.
4. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
(a) It is unremarkable and typical.
(b) It is unusual and disturbing.
(c) It is one of the worst duals and weakens Wal-Mart.
(d) It is one of the best duals and strengthens Wal-Mart.
5. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
2. What did going public do to Sam's family?
3. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
4. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
5. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)