|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
(a) The art of deception.
(b) Many stores and the art of doing business with low expenses and low prices.
(c) Convincing towns to support a Wal-Mart.
(d) Building the same stores all over the country.
2. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
(b) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(c) Be ahead of the competition.
(d) Be cool.
3. What is the first thing Sam does?
(a) He sends his sons to investigate the town.
(b) He moves into the town.
(c) He establishes a warehouse.
(d) He makes friends with those who run the town.
4. With what is Sam greatly concerned?
(c) Tax evasion.
(d) Minority groups.
5. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
(a) His systems are faulty.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He is a retail genius.
(d) Computers are a waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
2. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
3. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
4. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
5. The annual stockholders meeting is an extension of the Wal-Mart culture so that ____________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)