|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With a lot of attention.
(b) In the morning.
(d) With weights on to show what he can really do.
2. What is rule number one?
(a) Commit to be wealthy.
(b) Commit to your family.
(c) Commit to yourself.
(d) Commit to your business.
3. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(b) To take over Sam's position.
(c) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(d) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
4. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
(a) Encourage them.
(b) Adhere to them.
(c) Submerge them.
(d) Support them.
5. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
(a) The now-famous semi-annual stockholders meetings.
(b) The now-famous annual stockholders meetings.
(c) The now-famous Saturday meetings.
(d) The now-famous bi-annaul stockholders meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
2. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
3. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
4. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
5. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)