|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
(b) Only at first.
2. How do Sam and Helen involve themselves in pet projects?
(c) In small ways.
(d) Both financially and personally.
3. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He threatens each child.
(b) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(c) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
(d) He gives each child money to spend or save.
4. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
5. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(b) To take over Sam's position.
(c) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(d) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam believe is in need of more funds?
2. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
3. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
4. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
5. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)