|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(b) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(c) Purchasing this Kmart.
(d) Purchasing of a shopping center.
2. Sam eventually returns to Newport, Arkansas, and opens a Wal-Mart near ________.
(a) His old Ben Franklin variety store.
(b) His father's home.
(c) His father's store.
(d) His old home.
3. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
(a) He will make money.
(b) People will like him.
(c) Everything else will work out well for the company.
(d) His competition will give up.
4. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
(a) Becoming executives.
(b) Becoming managers.
(c) The profit-sharing program.
(d) Working long hours.
5. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(b) His family must not go anywhere without him.
(c) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(d) The family must be home for dinner every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
2. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
3. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
4. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
5. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)