|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) She does not want to be lonely.
(b) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
(c) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(d) She needs something to do.
2. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
(a) Sue another company, so they can pay off their debts.
(b) Find a way to avoid paying taxes, so they can start to get out of debt.
(c) Find a good lawyer to look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
(d) Look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
3. Did Sam have revenge on his mind when he did this?
(a) Only at first.
4. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working at JC Penney.
(b) In high school.
(c) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(d) While in college.
5. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
(a) Executing his strategy for running large discount stores.
(b) Spending time with his family.
(c) Considering retirement.
(d) Changing the face of Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
2. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
3. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
4. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
5. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)