|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Sam compare the results of Wal-Mart's popularity?
(a) It is evolution similar to that of buggy horses to cars.
(b) The evolution of man.
2. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
(b) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(c) Let's be quick and quiet.
(d) Let's do it now and do it right.
3. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
(a) The executives.
(b) Their customers.
(d) Other managers.
4. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(b) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(c) Purchasing this Kmart.
(d) Purchasing of a shopping center.
5. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(b) Big K.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
2. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
3. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
4. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
5. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)