|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
(b) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(c) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(d) The Sunday Night Massacre.
2. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
(b) He would help her get ready.
(c) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
(d) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
3. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great advertisers.
(b) Choosing great managers.
(c) Choosing great leaders.
(d) Choosing great employees.
4. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To let the competition know who he is.
(b) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
(c) To make friends.
(d) To get a job at one of these stores.
5. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would not be surprised.
(b) Many executives snicker.
(c) Many executives would agree.
(d) Many executives would disagree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning, why was Sam unable to pay the associates well?
2. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
3. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
4. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
5. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)