|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam was born in ___________.
(a) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(b) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(c) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(d) Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
2. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
(a) In large cities.
(b) In the midwest.
(c) In poor neighborhoods.
(d) In smaller towns.
3. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go to the opera.
(b) Go camping.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Ride horses.
4. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(b) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(c) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(d) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
5. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) He wants to control his money.
(b) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
(c) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
(d) In order to lend money to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
2. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
3. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
4. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
5. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)