|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
(a) It is unusual and disturbing.
(b) It is one of the best duals and strengthens Wal-Mart.
(c) It is unremarkable and typical.
(d) It is one of the worst duals and weakens Wal-Mart.
2. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
(a) It make advertising more sophisticated.
(b) It makes advertising cheaper.
(c) It makes advertising more expensive.
(d) It makes advertising more necessary.
3. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would not be surprised.
(b) Many executives snicker.
(c) Many executives would agree.
(d) Many executives would disagree.
4. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
(a) Considering retirement.
(b) Spending time with his family.
(c) Executing his strategy for running large discount stores.
(d) Changing the face of Wal-Mart.
5. On what was Sam too focused?
(a) His managers.
(c) Being competitive.
(d) His executives.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
2. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
3. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
4. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
5. They officially close the door on ___________.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)