|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) No one supports him.
(b) Sam retires.
(c) Once Sam resumes his role.
(d) Sam fires him.
2. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
(b) Good advertising.
(c) Keeping the customers returning.
(d) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
3. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) Be ahead of the competition.
(b) Be cool.
(c) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(d) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
4. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
(a) Convincing towns to support a Wal-Mart.
(b) The art of deception.
(c) Building the same stores all over the country.
(d) Many stores and the art of doing business with low expenses and low prices.
5. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
(b) Buying out stores.
(c) Building new stores.
(d) Selling low-quality products.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
2. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
3. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
4. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
5. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)