|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
(a) Becoming executives.
(b) Working long hours.
(c) The profit-sharing program.
(d) Becoming managers.
2. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
(a) He does not trust technology.
(b) He wants them to be justified.
(c) He does not like change.
(d) He does not understand technology.
3. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) He was born.
(b) Since his first job.
(c) Since he met Helen's father.
(d) He started.
4. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
(a) Sam always wanted to be the biggest retailer, not necessarily the best.
(b) Sam always wanted to be wealthy.
(c) Sam always wanted to be famous.
(d) Sam always wanted to be the best retailer, not necessarily the biggest.
5. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(b) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(c) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(d) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
2. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
3. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
4. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
5. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)