|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had decided to borrow money.
(b) They had spent all of their own money.
(c) They had borrowed some money.
(d) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
2. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The associates.
(b) The executives.
(c) The managers.
(d) The Walton family members.
3. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A task master.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) A promoter.
(d) A clown.
4. How has Sam always felt about competition?
(a) It is a good thing.
(b) It is a waste of time.
(c) It is a bad thing.
(d) It is dangerous.
5. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
(a) Considering retirement.
(b) Spending time with his family.
(c) Executing his strategy for running large discount stores.
(d) Changing the face of Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
2. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
3. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
4. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
5. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)