|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning, why was Sam unable to pay the associates well?
(a) He had too many associates.
(b) He was too cheap.
(c) He wanted to keep the money for himself.
(d) He did not think they deserved to be paid well.
2. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
3. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(a) Big K.
4. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
(a) He is head of merchandise for the whole Midwest for a variety chain store.
(b) He is president of a Midwest variety chain store.
(c) He is the owner of a Midwest variety chain store.
(d) He is a cashier at a Midwest variety chain store.
5. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(b) Purchasing this Kmart.
(c) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(d) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
2. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
3. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
4. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
5. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)