|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) He was never happy.
(b) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
(c) His family was never satisfied.
(d) His family was never comfortable.
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(c) JC Penney.
(d) Ben Franklin.
3. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
(b) Other regional and smaller competitors.
(c) Other large competitors.
(d) Its employees.
4. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(a) Upper management.
(b) Vice president.
5. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(b) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing this Kmart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
2. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
3. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
4. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
5. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)