|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since he met Helen's father.
(b) Since his first job.
(c) He started.
(d) He was born.
2. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
(a) Sam always wanted to be wealthy.
(b) Sam always wanted to be the best retailer, not necessarily the biggest.
(c) Sam always wanted to be famous.
(d) Sam always wanted to be the biggest retailer, not necessarily the best.
3. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He watches the competition disappear.
(b) He moves onto other cities.
(c) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(d) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
4. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(b) Big K.
5. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Researching trends.
(b) Starting trends.
(c) Bucking trends.
(d) Following trends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
2. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
3. What is the first thing Sam does?
4. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
5. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)