|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
(a) $18 billion.
(b) $1.8 million.
(c) $1.8 trillion.
(d) $1.8 billion.
2. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is a poor man.
(b) He is the richest man in America.
(c) He is a proud man.
(d) He is the happiest man in America.
3. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
(b) Being a businessman.
(c) Not making enough money.
(d) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
4. On what does Sam concentrate?
(b) His employees.
(c) His family.
(d) His customers.
5. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(b) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(c) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
(d) To take over Sam's position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
2. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
3. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
4. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)