|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(b) He is really intelligent.
(c) No one is a better promoter than him.
(d) There was not competition.
2. Sam was born in ___________.
(a) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(b) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(c) Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
(d) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
3. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
4. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
5. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To get a job at one of these stores.
(b) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
(c) To let the competition know who he is.
(d) To make friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
2. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
3. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
5. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)