|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(b) Variety stores.
(d) Discount stores.
2. What does competition do to Wal-Mart?
(a) It does not affect it.
(b) It makes it stronger and more honed on the marketplace than it might have been if left by itself.
(c) It makes it weaker.
(d) It makes it more devious and dangerous.
3. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
(a) The VPI of the year award.
(b) The PVI of theyear award.
(c) The VMA of the year award.
(d) The VIP of the year award.
4. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
5. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
(b) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
(c) He would help her get ready.
(d) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
2. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
3. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
4. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
5. Sam has the personality of _______________.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)