|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
(a) $50,000 from the sale of the business.
(b) They have made many good friends.
(c) An interest in retail.
(d) Many good business connections.
2. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
(a) Their customers.
(b) The executives.
(c) Other managers.
3. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(a) Starving to death.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) Getting hit by a car.
4. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
5. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) A chicken farm.
(b) A dairy farm.
(c) An apple farm.
(d) A turkey farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
2. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
3. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
4. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
5. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)