|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
(a) Giant Eagle.
2. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
(b) Only at first.
3. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
(a) Better and more efficient.
(b) More financially solvent.
(c) Better for him.
(d) More exciting.
4. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Keeping the customers returning.
(b) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
(c) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
(d) Good advertising.
5. On what was Sam too focused?
(a) Being competitive.
(b) His executives.
(d) His managers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
2. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
3. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
4. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
5. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)