|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
2. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Ambition and drive.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Pride and jealousy.
(d) Understanding and empathy.
3. On what was Sam too focused?
(b) His executives.
(c) His managers.
(d) Being competitive.
4. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) His company suffered.
(b) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(c) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(d) America forgot about him.
5. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
(a) Sam is very intelligent.
(b) It offers a superior alternative to the stores of the past.
(c) Investors love Wal-Mart and Sam.
(d) Sam was in the right place at the right time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Sam does?
2. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
3. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
4. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
5. Sam has one motto that he repeats frequently in the book and to anyone who will listen to him. What is this motto?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)