|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They are looking out for themselves first.
(b) They do not have Sam Walton.
(c) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
(d) They only care about their employees.
2. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where he wants to live.
(b) If he wants to be in business.
(c) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(d) Where his future lies.
3. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
4. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(b) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
(c) Attracting customers.
(d) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
5. Sam was born in ___________.
(a) Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
(b) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(c) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(d) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Short Answer Questions
1. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
2. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
3. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
4. What did going public do to Sam's family?
5. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)