|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He moves onto other cities.
(b) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
(c) He watches the competition disappear.
(d) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
2. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His wealth.
(b) His loving personality.
(c) His honesty and integrity.
(d) His quiet demeanor.
3. What does Sam believe are what will continue to keep the customers coming back to shop at your store?
(a) Low prices.
(b) Personal touches.
(c) Persuasive advertising.
(d) A large inventory.
4. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
(a) Look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
(b) Find a good lawyer to look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
(c) Sue another company, so they can pay off their debts.
(d) Find a way to avoid paying taxes, so they can start to get out of debt.
5. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
(a) Many good business connections.
(b) They have made many good friends.
(c) $50,000 from the sale of the business.
(d) An interest in retail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
2. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
3. For what do Sam and his upper management team look in the smaller stores?
4. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
5. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)