|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
(c) Only once.
2. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
(a) He is head of merchandise for the whole Midwest for a variety chain store.
(b) He is the owner of a Midwest variety chain store.
(c) He is president of a Midwest variety chain store.
(d) He is a cashier at a Midwest variety chain store.
3. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
(a) His systems are faulty.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) Computers are a waste of time.
(d) He is a retail genius.
4. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
(a) The small town customer.
(b) The city customer.
(c) The urban customer.
(d) The wealthy.
5. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
2. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
3. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
4. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
5. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)