|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(b) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
(c) How his father had created their family fortune.
(d) How his boss created his fortune.
2. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
(a) The now-famous semi-annual stockholders meetings.
(b) The now-famous Saturday meetings.
(c) The now-famous bi-annaul stockholders meetings.
(d) The now-famous annual stockholders meetings.
3. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Bucking trends.
(b) Starting trends.
(c) Following trends.
(d) Researching trends.
4. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(a) Variety stores.
(c) Discount stores.
5. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Sunday morning.
(b) Every Saturday night.
(c) Every Saturday morning.
(d) Every morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
2. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
3. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
4. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
5. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)