|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They officially close the door on ___________.
(b) Discount stores.
(c) Variety stores.
(d) Surplus stores.
2. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To get a job at one of these stores.
(b) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
(c) To make friends.
(d) To let the competition know who he is.
3. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(d) He had to check out stores along the way.
4. How can the meetings be described?
(a) As a waste of time.
(b) As bureaucratic.
(c) As a joke.
(d) As democratic.
5. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
2. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
3. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
4. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
5. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)