|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
2. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) A dairy farm.
(b) A turkey farm.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) An apple farm.
3. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
4. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
5. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
(b) Buying out stores.
(c) Selling low-quality products.
(d) Building new stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
3. What are a regular part of the Wal-Mart culture and partnership?
4. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
5. What takes place after Sam's return?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)