|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His wife.
(b) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(c) His first boss.
(d) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
2. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
(b) He runs the competition out of town.
(c) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
(d) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
3. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(a) Starving to death.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) Getting hit by a car.
4. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great managers.
(b) Choosing great advertisers.
(c) Choosing great employees.
(d) Choosing great leaders.
5. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
(a) A community.
(b) A friendship with the members of the towns.
(c) A cookie-cutter strategy.
(d) Deals with community leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
2. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
3. Sam was born in ___________.
4. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
5. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)