|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
(a) Poor advertising.
(b) Expensive advertising.
(c) Word-of-mouth advertising among the townsfolk.
(d) Simple advertising.
2. What does Sam encourage his management and associates to always do?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Stay positive.
(c) Think of fun and interesting things to do in the store.
(d) Make work hours go by quickly.
3. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It caused the family to fall apart.
(b) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(c) It made the children into stars.
(d) It created an unhealthy living environment.
4. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(b) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing this Kmart.
5. What is the reason that Wal-Mart has succeeded?
(a) It offers a superior alternative to the stores of the past.
(b) Sam is very intelligent.
(c) Sam was in the right place at the right time.
(d) Investors love Wal-Mart and Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
2. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
3. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
4. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
5. What takes place after Sam's return?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)