|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Sam concentrate?
(a) His employees.
(b) His family.
(d) His customers.
2. Has Wal-Mart always treated its employees as well as it should have?
(c) Only at first.
3. They officially close the door on ___________.
(a) Variety stores.
(b) Surplus stores.
(d) Discount stores.
4. In the beginning, why was Sam unable to pay the associates well?
(a) He did not think they deserved to be paid well.
(b) He was too cheap.
(c) He had too many associates.
(d) He wanted to keep the money for himself.
5. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Understanding and empathy.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Pride and jealousy.
(d) Ambition and drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
2. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
3. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
4. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
5. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)