|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
(a) To forge a greater partnership with them.
(b) To convince them that Sam cares about them.
(c) To force them to make decisions within the company.
(d) To make them more responsible.
2. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Saturday morning.
(b) Every morning.
(c) Every Saturday night.
(d) Every Sunday morning.
3. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) In high school.
(b) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(c) While working at JC Penney.
(d) While in college.
4. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) Sam retires.
(b) Sam fires him.
(c) No one supports him.
(d) Once Sam resumes his role.
5. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's do it now and do it right.
(b) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(c) Let's be quick and quiet.
(d) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
2. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
3. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
4. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
5. His stores have been growing at a good rate, and he feels their success is partly due to placing stores __________.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)