|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(b) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(c) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(d) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(b) Make himself famous.
(c) Earn extra money for his family.
(d) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
3. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
(a) The executives.
(b) The Walton family members.
(c) The managers.
(d) The associates.
4. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
(a) Their customers.
(b) The executives.
(c) Other managers.
5. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
(a) Poor advertising.
(b) Expensive advertising.
(c) Word-of-mouth advertising among the townsfolk.
(d) Simple advertising.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
2. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
3. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
4. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
5. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)