|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
2. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(b) His wife.
(c) His first boss.
(d) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
3. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
(a) A lack of space for building.
(c) Wealthy clientele.
(d) Real estate issues, legal quandaries, and zoning problems.
4. Many people have argued that Wal-Mart has done what to the small shops in rural towns?
(a) Competed with them.
(b) Encouraged them.
(c) Destroyed them.
(d) Helped them.
5. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(b) He threatens each child.
(c) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
(d) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes place after Sam's return?
2. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
3. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
4. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
5. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)