|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(b) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(c) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(d) The first Wal-Mart.
2. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
(c) Only at first.
3. Why do people continue to return to Wal-Mart?
(a) The advertising is good.
(b) If offers a better solution to the customers.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) It is close to home.
4. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
(a) On vacation in Las Vegas.
(b) At a Wal-Mart staff meeting.
(c) Quail hunting at the Robson ranch.
(d) At Sam's home.
5. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is the happiest man in America.
(b) He is a proud man.
(c) He is a poor man.
(d) He is the richest man in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
2. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
3. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
4. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
5. Sam has the personality of _______________.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)