|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) He wants to control his money.
(b) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
(c) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
(d) In order to lend money to himself.
2. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since he met Helen's father.
(b) Since his first job.
(c) He started.
(d) He was born.
3. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) His company suffered.
(b) America forgot about him.
(c) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(d) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
4. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
(a) He is a cashier at a Midwest variety chain store.
(b) He is the owner of a Midwest variety chain store.
(c) He is president of a Midwest variety chain store.
(d) He is head of merchandise for the whole Midwest for a variety chain store.
5. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) An apple farm.
(b) A turkey farm.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) A dairy farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. They officially close the door on ___________.
2. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
3. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
4. On what does Sam concentrate?
5. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)