|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
(d) Giant Eagle.
2. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
(a) His family.
(b) The world.
(c) His community.
(d) The United States.
3. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(b) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(c) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(d) Purchasing this Kmart.
4. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
(a) It makes advertising cheaper.
(b) It make advertising more sophisticated.
(c) It makes advertising more necessary.
(d) It makes advertising more expensive.
5. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Pride and jealousy.
(b) Understanding and empathy.
(c) Ambition and drive.
(d) Love and kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
2. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
3. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
4. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
5. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)