|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(a) Discount stores.
(d) Variety stores.
2. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
(b) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
(c) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
(d) He would help her get ready.
3. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They are looking out for themselves first.
(b) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
(c) They do not have Sam Walton.
(d) They only care about their employees.
4. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
5. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
(a) He wants to purchase a farm.
(b) He does not want to be a businessman.
(c) He wants to go to law school.
(d) He believes he will be an insurance salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did going public do to Sam's family?
2. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
3. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
5. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)