|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where his future lies.
(b) If he wants to be in business.
(c) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(d) Where he wants to live.
2. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
(a) He will make money.
(b) People will like him.
(c) Everything else will work out well for the company.
(d) His competition will give up.
3. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(b) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
(c) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(d) He needs money.
4. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He threatens each child.
(b) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(c) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(d) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
5. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
2. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
3. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
4. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
5. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)