|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Sam worry about fluctuating stock prices?
2. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
(a) Locations for new stores.
(b) New executives.
(c) Someone to legally represent him.
(d) Another $1.5 million loan.
3. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
(a) It helps him believe that he can always win.
(b) It helps him trust others to be losers.
(c) It makes him never want to be a loser.
(d) It helps him not trust losers.
4. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(a) JC Penney.
(d) Ben Franklin.
5. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
(a) Computers are a waste of time.
(b) His systems are faulty.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) He is a retail genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
2. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
3. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
4. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
5. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)