|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
(a) Reconsolidate it into one large personal loan.
(b) Split his debt into many small loans for the business.
(c) Reconsolidate it into one large loan for the business.
(d) Split his debt into a few small personal loans.
2. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
3. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
(b) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
(c) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
(d) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
4. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had borrowed some money.
(b) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
(c) They had decided to borrow money.
(d) They had spent all of their own money.
5. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
(a) Find a way to avoid paying taxes, so they can start to get out of debt.
(b) Find a good lawyer to look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
(c) Sue another company, so they can pay off their debts.
(d) Look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
2. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
3. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
4. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
5. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)