|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
2. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
(a) Deals with community leaders.
(b) A cookie-cutter strategy.
(c) A friendship with the members of the towns.
(d) A community.
3. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His honesty and integrity.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His loving personality.
(d) His quiet demeanor.
4. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Kmart.
(b) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(c) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(d) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
5. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(b) America forgot about him.
(c) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(d) His company suffered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
2. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
3. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
4. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
5. What did going public do to Sam's family?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)