|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A promoter.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) A clown.
(d) A task master.
2. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
(a) At a Wal-Mart staff meeting.
(b) Quail hunting at the Robson ranch.
(c) At Sam's home.
(d) On vacation in Las Vegas.
3. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
4. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
(a) Simple advertising.
(b) Poor advertising.
(c) Word-of-mouth advertising among the townsfolk.
(d) Expensive advertising.
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(b) While working at JC Penney.
(c) In high school.
(d) While in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
2. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
3. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
4. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
5. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)