|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(b) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
(c) He runs the competition out of town.
(d) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
2. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) She needs something to do.
(b) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(c) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
(d) She does not want to be lonely.
3. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
4. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(b) Attracting customers.
(c) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
(d) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
5. Phil Green concocts __________.
(a) One of the most famous displays in Wal-Mart history.
(b) One of the most rediculous Wal-Mart stunts in history.
(c) One of the most expensive advertising campaigns in Wal-Mart history.
(d) One of the worst displays in Wal-Mart history.
Short Answer Questions
1. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
2. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
3. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
4. Sam has the personality of _______________.
5. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)