|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) Santa Claus.
(b) A task master.
(c) A clown.
(d) A promoter.
2. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
3. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
(a) A little car.
(b) A bus.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A little plane.
4. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
(a) It helps him trust others to be losers.
(b) It makes him never want to be a loser.
(c) It helps him not trust losers.
(d) It helps him believe that he can always win.
5. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(b) Let's be quick and quiet.
(c) Let's do it now and do it right.
(d) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
2. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
3. Does Sam worry about fluctuating stock prices?
4. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
5. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)