|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(a) Ben Franklin.
(c) JC Penney.
3. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to check out stores along the way.
(d) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
4. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go camping.
(c) Ride horses.
(d) Go to the opera.
5. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) He started.
(b) Since he met Helen's father.
(c) Since his first job.
(d) He was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
2. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
3. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
4. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
5. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)