|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Attracting customers.
(b) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(c) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(d) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
2. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since he met Helen's father.
(b) He started.
(c) Since his first job.
(d) He was born.
3. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) In order to lend money to himself.
(b) He wants to control his money.
(c) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
(d) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
4. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Make himself famous.
(b) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(c) Earn extra money for his family.
(d) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
5. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
2. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
3. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
4. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
5. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)