|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
(a) Real estate issues, legal quandaries, and zoning problems.
(b) Wealthy clientele.
(d) A lack of space for building.
2. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(b) Attracting customers.
(c) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
(d) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
3. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
(a) Simple advertising.
(b) Expensive advertising.
(c) Word-of-mouth advertising among the townsfolk.
(d) Poor advertising.
4. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It made the children into stars.
(b) It created an unhealthy living environment.
(c) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(d) It caused the family to fall apart.
5. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) He was born.
(b) Since he met Helen's father.
(c) He started.
(d) Since his first job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
3. Phil Green concocts __________.
4. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
5. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)