|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(b) In the morning.
(c) With a lot of attention.
2. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He runs the competition out of town.
(b) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
(c) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(d) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
3. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His loving personality.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His honesty and integrity.
(d) His quiet demeanor.
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(c) He had to forget about work.
(d) He had to check out stores along the way.
5. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Understanding and empathy.
(c) Ambition and drive.
(d) Pride and jealousy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Sam worry about fluctuating stock prices?
2. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
3. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
4. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
5. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)