|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is a poor man.
(b) He is a proud man.
(c) He is the richest man in America.
(d) He is the happiest man in America.
2. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
3. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) In the morning.
(b) With a lot of attention.
(d) With weights on to show what he can really do.
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(d) He had to check out stores along the way.
5. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since his first job.
(b) He was born.
(c) He started.
(d) Since he met Helen's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
2. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
3. Sam was born in ___________.
4. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
5. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)