|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(b) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
(c) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(d) Attracting customers.
2. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be ignored.
(b) Be seen and not heard.
(c) Be pampered.
(d) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
3. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
(a) More exciting.
(b) Better for him.
(c) More financially solvent.
(d) Better and more efficient.
4. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
5. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) His company suffered.
(b) America forgot about him.
(c) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(d) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
2. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
3. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
4. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
5. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)