|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(b) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(c) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(d) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
2. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
3. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
(d) Giant Eagle.
4. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
(a) Poor advertising.
(b) Word-of-mouth advertising among the townsfolk.
(c) Expensive advertising.
(d) Simple advertising.
5. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
(a) Convincing towns to support a Wal-Mart.
(b) Building the same stores all over the country.
(c) Many stores and the art of doing business with low expenses and low prices.
(d) The art of deception.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
2. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
3. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
4. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
5. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)