|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 48 percent.
(b) 68 percent.
(c) 38 percent.
(d) 58 percent.
2. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) If he wants to be in business.
(b) Where his future lies.
(c) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(d) Where he wants to live.
3. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(a) Play instruments.
(c) Study business.
4. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(b) It made the children into stars.
(c) It created an unhealthy living environment.
(d) It caused the family to fall apart.
5. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
2. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
3. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
4. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
5. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)