|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
2. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
(a) The now-famous semi-annual stockholders meetings.
(b) The now-famous bi-annaul stockholders meetings.
(c) The now-famous annual stockholders meetings.
(d) The now-famous Saturday meetings.
3. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be quick and quiet.
(b) Let's do it now and do it right.
(c) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(d) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
4. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
(b) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(c) His wife.
(d) His first boss.
5. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to check out stores along the way.
(b) He had to promote his company.
(c) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(d) He had to forget about work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
2. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
3. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
4. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
5. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)