|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
(b) They only care about their employees.
(c) They do not have Sam Walton.
(d) They are looking out for themselves first.
2. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(b) He cannot afford to buy the store.
(c) Helen does not want him to buy it.
(d) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
3. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
4. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to promote his business.
(b) He has to fight the competition.
(c) He has to visit friends.
(d) He has to check out the competition.
5. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A promoter.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) A clown.
(d) A task master.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
2. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
3. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
4. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
5. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)