|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
(b) Earn extra money for his family.
(c) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(d) Make himself famous.
2. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
(b) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(c) Helen does not want him to buy it.
(d) He cannot afford to buy the store.
3. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Researching trends.
(b) Bucking trends.
(c) Starting trends.
(d) Following trends.
4. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(b) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing this Kmart.
5. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had borrowed some money.
(b) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
(c) They had spent all of their own money.
(d) They had decided to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
2. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
3. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
4. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
5. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)