|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
2. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working at JC Penney.
(b) While in college.
(c) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(d) In high school.
3. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
(a) Find a way to avoid paying taxes, so they can start to get out of debt.
(b) Look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
(c) Sue another company, so they can pay off their debts.
(d) Find a good lawyer to look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
4. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
(b) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(c) Make himself famous.
(d) Earn extra money for his family.
5. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) His family must not go anywhere without him.
(b) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(c) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(d) The family must be home for dinner every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
2. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
3. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
4. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
5. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)