|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
(a) Someone to legally represent him.
(b) Locations for new stores.
(c) New executives.
(d) Another $1.5 million loan.
2. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
(b) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(c) Be cool.
(d) Be ahead of the competition.
3. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(b) How his father had created their family fortune.
(c) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
(d) How his boss created his fortune.
4. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(b) There was not competition.
(c) He is really intelligent.
(d) No one is a better promoter than him.
5. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They do not have Sam Walton.
(b) They are looking out for themselves first.
(c) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
(d) They only care about their employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
2. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
3. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
4. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
5. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)