|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Kmart.
(b) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing of a shopping center.
2. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
(a) People will like him.
(b) His competition will give up.
(c) Everything else will work out well for the company.
(d) He will make money.
3. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(b) She needs something to do.
(c) She does not want to be lonely.
(d) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
4. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(b) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
(c) How his boss created his fortune.
(d) How his father had created their family fortune.
5. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
(a) The world.
(b) The United States.
(c) His community.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
2. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
3. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
4. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
5. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)