|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(c) His company suffered.
(d) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
2. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(b) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(c) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(d) He never became an Eagle Scout.
3. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
(a) He believes he will be an insurance salesman.
(b) He does not want to be a businessman.
(c) He wants to go to law school.
(d) He wants to purchase a farm.
4. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It created an unhealthy living environment.
(b) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(c) It made the children into stars.
(d) It caused the family to fall apart.
5. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
(a) October 1, 1970.
(b) October 1, 1968.
(c) October 1, 1975.
(d) October 1, 1980.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
2. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
3. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
5. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)