|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would help her get ready.
(b) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
(c) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
(d) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
2. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Ambition and drive.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Understanding and empathy.
(d) Pride and jealousy.
3. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
(a) The United States.
(b) His community.
(c) His family.
(d) The world.
4. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
5. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To take over Sam's position.
(b) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(c) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(d) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
2. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
3. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
4. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
5. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)