|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) An apple farm.
(b) A dairy farm.
(c) A turkey farm.
(d) A chicken farm.
2. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It created an unhealthy living environment.
(b) It caused the family to fall apart.
(c) It made the children into stars.
(d) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
3. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
(a) On vacation in Las Vegas.
(b) At Sam's home.
(c) Quail hunting at the Robson ranch.
(d) At a Wal-Mart staff meeting.
4. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
(a) It makes him never want to be a loser.
(b) It helps him trust others to be losers.
(c) It helps him not trust losers.
(d) It helps him believe that he can always win.
5. On what does Sam concentrate?
(a) His employees.
(b) His customers.
(c) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
2. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
3. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
4. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
5. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)