|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(b) Study business.
(d) Play instruments.
2. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
3. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A little car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A little plane.
4. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be seen and not heard.
(b) Be ignored.
(c) Be pampered.
(d) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
5. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(b) Recruiting followers.
(c) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
(d) Blackmailing some of the student body.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
2. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
3. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
4. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
5. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)