|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Beta Tau Beta.
(b) Phi Tau.
(c) Beta Theta Pi.
(d) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
2. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(b) Discount stores.
(c) Variety stores.
3. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(a) Study business.
(b) Play instruments.
4. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
(a) Be frugal.
(b) Hire someone like Sam.
(c) Take care of their customers and employees first.
(d) Support Wal-Mart.
5. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
Short Answer Questions
1. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
2. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
3. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
4. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
5. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)