|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Sam concentrate?
(a) His family.
(b) His employees.
(c) His customers.
2. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
(b) To make friends.
(c) To get a job at one of these stores.
(d) To let the competition know who he is.
3. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
4. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Ambition and drive.
(b) Understanding and empathy.
(c) Pride and jealousy.
(d) Love and kindness.
5. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(b) Starving to death.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) Getting hit by a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
2. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
3. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
4. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
5. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)