|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since his first job.
(b) Since he met Helen's father.
(c) He was born.
(d) He started.
2. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
(b) Building new stores.
(c) Selling low-quality products.
(d) Buying out stores.
3. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
(b) His first boss.
(c) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(d) His wife.
4. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Good advertising.
(b) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
(c) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
(d) Keeping the customers returning.
5. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(c) Discount stores.
(d) Variety stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
2. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
3. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
4. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
5. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)