|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is the richest man in America.
(b) He is the happiest man in America.
(c) He is a poor man.
(d) He is a proud man.
2. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
(a) Locations for new stores.
(b) Another $1.5 million loan.
(c) New executives.
(d) Someone to legally represent him.
3. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) Helen does not want him to buy it.
(b) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(c) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
(d) He cannot afford to buy the store.
4. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 48 percent.
(b) 58 percent.
(c) 38 percent.
(d) 68 percent.
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) In high school.
(b) While in college.
(c) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(d) While working at JC Penney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
2. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
3. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
4. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
5. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)