|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Sam concentrate?
(a) His employees.
(c) His family.
(d) His customers.
2. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They only care about their employees.
(b) They do not have Sam Walton.
(c) They are looking out for themselves first.
(d) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
3. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
(a) Someone to legally represent him.
(b) Locations for new stores.
(c) New executives.
(d) Another $1.5 million loan.
4. Where are Sam and Bud when they seriously consider the idea of going public?
(a) On vacation in Las Vegas.
(b) At Sam's home.
(c) Quail hunting at the Robson ranch.
(d) At a Wal-Mart staff meeting.
5. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
2. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
3. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
4. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
5. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)