|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Being a businessman.
(b) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
(c) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
(d) Not making enough money.
2. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
(a) Someone to legally represent him.
(b) Locations for new stores.
(c) New executives.
(d) Another $1.5 million loan.
3. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
4. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
(a) His competition will give up.
(b) People will like him.
(c) Everything else will work out well for the company.
(d) He will make money.
5. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Building new stores.
(b) Selling low-quality products.
(c) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
(d) Buying out stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
2. On what does Sam concentrate?
3. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
4. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
5. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)