|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(b) Play instruments.
(c) Study business.
2. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To get a job at one of these stores.
(b) To make friends.
(c) To let the competition know who he is.
(d) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
3. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His honesty and integrity.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His loving personality.
4. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
(a) A bus.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A little plane.
(d) A little car.
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(b) Phi Tau.
(c) Beta Theta Pi.
(d) Beta Tau Beta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
2. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
3. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
4. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
5. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)