|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) There was not competition.
(b) No one is a better promoter than him.
(c) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(d) He is really intelligent.
2. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(b) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(c) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(d) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
3. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Phi Tau.
(b) Beta Theta Pi.
(c) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(d) Beta Tau Beta.
4. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(d) JC Penney.
5. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A promoter.
(b) A task master.
(c) Santa Claus.
(d) A clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
2. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
3. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
4. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
5. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)