|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His loving personality.
(b) His honesty and integrity.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His wealth.
2. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) Be ahead of the competition.
(b) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
(c) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(d) Be cool.
3. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(b) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(c) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(d) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
4. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Researching trends.
(b) Starting trends.
(c) Following trends.
(d) Bucking trends.
5. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(b) No one is a better promoter than him.
(c) There was not competition.
(d) He is really intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
2. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
3. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
4. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
5. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)