|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(b) The first Wal-Mart.
(c) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(d) A Ben Franklin store in town.
2. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
(a) Computers are a waste of time.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) His systems are faulty.
(d) He is a retail genius.
3. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
(a) His family.
(b) His community.
(c) The world.
(d) The United States.
4. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Pride and jealousy.
(b) Understanding and empathy.
(c) Love and kindness.
(d) Ambition and drive.
5. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Sam concentrate?
2. Sam was born in ___________.
3. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
4. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
5. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)