|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Being a businessman.
(b) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
(c) Not making enough money.
(d) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
2. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Ride horses.
(b) Go to the opera.
(c) Go camping.
(d) Go fishing.
3. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where his future lies.
(b) If he wants to be in business.
(c) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(d) Where he wants to live.
4. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Building new stores.
(b) Selling low-quality products.
(c) Buying out stores.
(d) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
5. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) His family must not go anywhere without him.
(b) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(c) The family must be home for dinner every night.
(d) He plans family vacations every weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
2. Sam was born in ___________.
3. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
4. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
5. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)