|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(a) Discount stores.
(b) Variety stores.
2. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(b) The family must be home for dinner every night.
(c) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(d) His family must not go anywhere without him.
3. On what does Sam concentrate?
(a) His family.
(c) His employees.
(d) His customers.
4. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had spent all of their own money.
(b) They had decided to borrow money.
(c) They had borrowed some money.
(d) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
5. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(b) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
(c) Be ahead of the competition.
(d) Be cool.
Short Answer Questions
1. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
3. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
4. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
5. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)