|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
(a) Mark Sykes.
(b) Marcus Stevens.
(c) Mike Smith.
(d) Matt Smitts.
2. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
(a) October 1, 1970.
(b) October 1, 1975.
(c) October 1, 1968.
(d) October 1, 1980.
3. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 48 percent.
(b) 58 percent.
(c) 38 percent.
(d) 68 percent.
4. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working at JC Penney.
(b) While in college.
(c) In high school.
(d) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
5. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
(b) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
(c) Being a businessman.
(d) Not making enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
2. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
3. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
4. On what does Sam concentrate?
5. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)