|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(b) The first Wal-Mart.
(c) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(d) A Ben Franklin store in town.
2. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
3. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
(a) Find a good lawyer to look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
(b) Sue another company, so they can pay off their debts.
(c) Look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
(d) Find a way to avoid paying taxes, so they can start to get out of debt.
4. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
(a) He is the owner of a Midwest variety chain store.
(b) He is president of a Midwest variety chain store.
(c) He is a cashier at a Midwest variety chain store.
(d) He is head of merchandise for the whole Midwest for a variety chain store.
5. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Kmart.
(b) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing this Woolworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
2. Sam has the personality of _______________.
3. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
4. Sam says by making sure the customers are treated well, what will be the result?
5. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)