|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Following trends.
(b) Bucking trends.
(c) Starting trends.
(d) Researching trends.
2. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
(b) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
(c) He wants to control his money.
(d) In order to lend money to himself.
3. Sam's attention to his associates and each manager having a minority share in the business sets the stage for _____.
(a) The now-famous Saturday meetings.
(b) The now-famous semi-annual stockholders meetings.
(c) The now-famous bi-annaul stockholders meetings.
(d) The now-famous annual stockholders meetings.
4. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They only care about their employees.
(b) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
(c) They are looking out for themselves first.
(d) They do not have Sam Walton.
5. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
(b) Blackmailing some of the student body.
(c) Recruiting followers.
(d) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
2. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
3. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
4. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
5. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)