|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(b) Let's do it now and do it right.
(c) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
(d) Let's be quick and quiet.
2. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) He is really intelligent.
(b) No one is a better promoter than him.
(c) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(d) There was not competition.
3. On what does Sam concentrate?
(b) His employees.
(c) His customers.
(d) His family.
4. Ever since Sam took out his first bank loan, he has not been comfortable or happy with ___________.
5. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Recruiting followers.
(b) Blackmailing some of the student body.
(c) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
(d) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
2. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
3. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
4. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
5. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)