|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
2. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(b) Discount stores.
(c) Variety stores.
3. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
(b) Giant Eagle.
4. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(b) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
(c) He threatens each child.
(d) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
5. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His first boss.
(b) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(c) His wife.
(d) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
2. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
3. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
4. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
5. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)