|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How his boss created his fortune.
(b) How his father had created their family fortune.
(c) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(d) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
2. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
(a) His family.
(b) The world.
(c) His community.
(d) The United States.
3. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
(b) They are looking out for themselves first.
(c) They only care about their employees.
(d) They do not have Sam Walton.
4. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
5. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
(b) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
(c) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
(d) He would help her get ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
2. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
3. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
4. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
5. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)