|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Taking the Company Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(b) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(c) The family must be home for dinner every night.
(d) His family must not go anywhere without him.
2. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To take over Sam's position.
(b) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(c) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
(d) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
3. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to check out the competition.
(b) He has to visit friends.
(c) He has to fight the competition.
(d) He has to promote his business.
4. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(b) Discount stores.
(d) Variety stores.
5. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
2. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
3. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
4. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
5. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)