|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) His family was never satisfied.
(b) He was never happy.
(c) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
(d) His family was never comfortable.
2. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Kmart.
(b) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing of a shopping center.
3. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is a proud man.
(b) He is the richest man in America.
(c) He is the happiest man in America.
(d) He is a poor man.
4. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Ride horses.
(b) Go camping.
(c) Go to the opera.
(d) Go fishing.
5. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
2. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
3. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
4. What did going public do to Sam's family?
5. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)