|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
(a) A little plane.
(b) A little car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A helicopter.
2. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(b) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(c) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(d) The first Wal-Mart.
3. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to promote his business.
(b) He has to visit friends.
(c) He has to check out the competition.
(d) He has to fight the competition.
4. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(b) His family must not go anywhere without him.
(c) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(d) The family must be home for dinner every night.
5. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
2. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
3. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
4. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
5. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)