|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to visit friends.
(b) He has to check out the competition.
(c) He has to fight the competition.
(d) He has to promote his business.
2. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(b) The first Wal-Mart.
(c) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(d) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
3. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
4. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
5. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His quiet demeanor.
(b) His honesty and integrity.
(c) His loving personality.
(d) His wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
2. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
3. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
4. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
5. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)