|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is the richest man in America.
(b) He is a proud man.
(c) He is a poor man.
(d) He is the happiest man in America.
2. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
3. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(a) JC Penney.
(d) Ben Franklin.
4. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
5. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
2. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
3. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
4. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
5. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)