|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(b) With a lot of attention.
(d) In the morning.
2. Phil Green concocts __________.
(a) One of the most famous displays in Wal-Mart history.
(b) One of the most rediculous Wal-Mart stunts in history.
(c) One of the most expensive advertising campaigns in Wal-Mart history.
(d) One of the worst displays in Wal-Mart history.
3. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(b) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(c) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(d) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
4. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(b) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(c) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(d) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
5. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It caused the family to fall apart.
(b) It created an unhealthy living environment.
(c) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(d) It made the children into stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
2. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
3. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
4. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
5. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)