|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to check out stores along the way.
(d) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
2. Phil Green concocts __________.
(a) One of the most rediculous Wal-Mart stunts in history.
(b) One of the most expensive advertising campaigns in Wal-Mart history.
(c) One of the worst displays in Wal-Mart history.
(d) One of the most famous displays in Wal-Mart history.
3. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
(a) He believes he will be an insurance salesman.
(b) He wants to go to law school.
(c) He wants to purchase a farm.
(d) He does not want to be a businessman.
4. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(b) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
5. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Blackmailing some of the student body.
(b) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(c) Recruiting followers.
(d) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
2. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
3. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
4. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
5. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)