|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Earn extra money for his family.
(b) Make himself famous.
(c) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(d) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
2. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
(b) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
(c) Being a businessman.
(d) Not making enough money.
3. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
(a) $50,000 from the sale of the business.
(b) They have made many good friends.
(c) An interest in retail.
(d) Many good business connections.
4. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) A turkey farm.
(b) A dairy farm.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) An apple farm.
5. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
2. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
3. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
4. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
5. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)