|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Phi Tau.
(b) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(c) Beta Theta Pi.
(d) Beta Tau Beta.
2. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
(b) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(c) His wife.
(d) His first boss.
3. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Make himself famous.
(b) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(c) Earn extra money for his family.
(d) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
4. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Building new stores.
(b) Selling low-quality products.
(c) Buying out stores.
(d) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
5. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(b) How his boss created his fortune.
(c) How his father had created their family fortune.
(d) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
2. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
3. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
5. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)