|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
2. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
3. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
4. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With a lot of attention.
(b) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(c) In the morning.
5. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Selling low-quality products.
(b) Building new stores.
(c) Buying out stores.
(d) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
2. Sam was born in ___________.
3. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
4. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
5. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)