|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Ambition and drive.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Understanding and empathy.
(d) Pride and jealousy.
2. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(b) Be ignored.
(c) Be seen and not heard.
(d) Be pampered.
3. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since his first job.
(b) Since he met Helen's father.
(c) He started.
(d) He was born.
4. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(b) Discount stores.
(c) Variety stores.
5. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(b) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(c) In the morning.
(d) With a lot of attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
2. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
3. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
4. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
5. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)