|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
(b) He would help her get ready.
(c) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
(d) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Make himself famous.
(b) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(c) Earn extra money for his family.
(d) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
3. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He cannot sell products well.
(b) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(c) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(d) He does not seem interested in retail.
4. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(c) His company suffered.
(d) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
5. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(b) With a lot of attention.
(c) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(d) In the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
2. Sam was born in ___________.
3. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
4. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
5. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)