|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
(b) Good advertising.
(c) Keeping the customers returning.
(d) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
2. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
3. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) He was never happy.
(b) His family was never comfortable.
(c) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
(d) His family was never satisfied.
4. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to promote his business.
(b) He has to visit friends.
(c) He has to fight the competition.
(d) He has to check out the competition.
5. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(b) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
(c) Attracting customers.
(d) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
2. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
3. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
4. Phil Green concocts __________.
5. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)