|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Earn extra money for his family.
(b) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
(c) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(d) Make himself famous.
3. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 58 percent.
(b) 38 percent.
(c) 68 percent.
(d) 48 percent.
4. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(b) He does not seem interested in retail.
(c) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(d) He cannot sell products well.
5. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(b) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(c) He needs money.
(d) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
2. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
3. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
4. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
5. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)