|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
(b) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
(c) Good advertising.
(d) Keeping the customers returning.
2. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be seen and not heard.
(b) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(c) Be pampered.
(d) Be ignored.
3. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) Helen does not want him to buy it.
(b) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(c) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
(d) He cannot afford to buy the store.
4. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) The family must be home for dinner every night.
(b) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(c) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(d) His family must not go anywhere without him.
5. Phil Green concocts __________.
(a) One of the worst displays in Wal-Mart history.
(b) One of the most expensive advertising campaigns in Wal-Mart history.
(c) One of the most rediculous Wal-Mart stunts in history.
(d) One of the most famous displays in Wal-Mart history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
2. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
3. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
4. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
5. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)