|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is a proud man.
(b) He is the richest man in America.
(c) He is a poor man.
(d) He is the happiest man in America.
2. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to forget about work.
(b) He had to promote his company.
(c) He had to check out stores along the way.
(d) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
3. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 38 percent.
(b) 68 percent.
(c) 48 percent.
(d) 58 percent.
4. Sam was born in ___________.
(a) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(b) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(c) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(d) Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
5. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
(a) He does not want to be a businessman.
(b) He believes he will be an insurance salesman.
(c) He wants to purchase a farm.
(d) He wants to go to law school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
2. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
3. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
4. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
5. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)