|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) He cannot afford to buy the store.
(b) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
(c) Helen does not want him to buy it.
(d) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
2. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(c) His company suffered.
(d) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
3. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 48 percent.
(b) 68 percent.
(c) 58 percent.
(d) 38 percent.
4. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
5. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to check out the competition.
(b) He has to visit friends.
(c) He has to fight the competition.
(d) He has to promote his business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
2. What did going public do to Sam's family?
3. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
4. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
5. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)