|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) The first Wal-Mart.
(b) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(c) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(d) A Ben Franklin store in town.
2. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Recruiting followers.
(b) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(c) Blackmailing some of the student body.
(d) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
3. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
(b) Being a businessman.
(c) Not making enough money.
(d) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
4. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(b) While in college.
(c) While working at JC Penney.
(d) In high school.
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Beta Theta Pi.
(b) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(c) Beta Tau Beta.
(d) Phi Tau.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
2. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
3. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
4. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
5. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)