|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
(b) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(c) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(d) He threatens each child.
2. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be pampered.
(b) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(c) Be ignored.
(d) Be seen and not heard.
3. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(b) It created an unhealthy living environment.
(c) It made the children into stars.
(d) It caused the family to fall apart.
4. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(b) Purchasing this Kmart.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing of a shopping center.
5. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(a) Discount stores.
(d) Variety stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
2. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
3. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
4. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
5. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)