|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Researching trends.
(b) Following trends.
(c) Bucking trends.
(d) Starting trends.
2. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) The first Wal-Mart.
(b) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(c) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(d) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
3. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(b) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
4. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
(a) A little plane.
(b) A little car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A helicopter.
5. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(b) Blackmailing some of the student body.
(c) Recruiting followers.
(d) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
2. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
3. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
4. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)