|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had borrowed some money.
(b) They had decided to borrow money.
(c) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
(d) They had spent all of their own money.
2. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) She does not want to be lonely.
(b) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(c) She needs something to do.
(d) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
3. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
4. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) In the morning.
(c) With weights on to show what he can really do.
(d) With a lot of attention.
5. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
3. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
4. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
5. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)