|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
(b) They had decided to borrow money.
(c) They had spent all of their own money.
(d) They had borrowed some money.
2. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is a poor man.
(b) He is a proud man.
(c) He is the happiest man in America.
(d) He is the richest man in America.
3. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
4. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 68 percent.
(b) 38 percent.
(c) 48 percent.
(d) 58 percent.
5. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) His company suffered.
(b) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(c) America forgot about him.
(d) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
2. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
3. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
4. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
5. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)