|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
(a) They have made many good friends.
(b) $50,000 from the sale of the business.
(c) Many good business connections.
(d) An interest in retail.
2. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He does not seem interested in retail.
(b) He cannot sell products well.
(c) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(d) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
3. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
(b) He cannot afford to buy the store.
(c) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(d) Helen does not want him to buy it.
4. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) His company suffered.
(c) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(d) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
5. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is a proud man.
(b) He is the richest man in America.
(c) He is the happiest man in America.
(d) He is a poor man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
2. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
3. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
4. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
5. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)