|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(b) He threatens each child.
(c) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
(d) He gives each child money to spend or save.
2. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 48 percent.
(b) 58 percent.
(c) 68 percent.
(d) 38 percent.
3. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) An apple farm.
(b) A chicken farm.
(c) A turkey farm.
(d) A dairy farm.
4. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Phi Tau.
(b) Beta Tau Beta.
(c) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(d) Beta Theta Pi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
2. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
3. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
4. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
5. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)