|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) A chicken farm.
(b) An apple farm.
(c) A turkey farm.
(d) A dairy farm.
2. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Understanding and empathy.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Ambition and drive.
(d) Pride and jealousy.
3. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He cannot sell products well.
(b) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(c) He does not seem interested in retail.
(d) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
4. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) His company suffered.
(b) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(c) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(d) America forgot about him.
5. Sam was born in ___________.
(a) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(b) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(c) Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
(d) Indianapolis, Indiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
2. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
3. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
4. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)