|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Understanding and empathy.
(b) Pride and jealousy.
(c) Ambition and drive.
(d) Love and kindness.
2. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(b) The first Wal-Mart.
(c) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(d) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
3. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He threatens each child.
(b) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(c) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(d) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
4. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(c) His company suffered.
(d) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
5. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where he wants to live.
(b) Where his future lies.
(c) If he wants to be in business.
(d) If he wants to go to graduate school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
2. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
3. Sam was born in ___________.
4. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
5. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)