|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His loving personality.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His honesty and integrity.
2. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
(a) They have made many good friends.
(b) $50,000 from the sale of the business.
(c) Many good business connections.
(d) An interest in retail.
3. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
(b) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(c) How his father had created their family fortune.
(d) How his boss created his fortune.
4. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be pampered.
(b) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(c) Be seen and not heard.
(d) Be ignored.
5. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(a) Variety stores.
(c) Discount stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
3. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
4. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
5. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)