|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
(b) He threatens each child.
(c) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(d) He gives each child money to spend or save.
2. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(b) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(c) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(d) He never became an Eagle Scout.
3. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
(b) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(c) His first boss.
(d) His wife.
4. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(a) Ben Franklin.
(d) JC Penney.
5. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is the happiest man in America.
(b) He is the richest man in America.
(c) He is a poor man.
(d) He is a proud man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
2. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
3. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
4. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
5. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)