|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He needs money.
(b) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
(c) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(d) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
2. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be pampered.
(b) Be seen and not heard.
(c) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(d) Be ignored.
3. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
4. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
5. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His loving personality.
(b) His honesty and integrity.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His quiet demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
2. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
3. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
4. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
5. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)