|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(a) Getting hit by a car.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) Starving to death.
2. Sam was born in ___________.
(a) Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
(b) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(c) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(d) Indianapolis, Indiana.
3. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
(b) Blackmailing some of the student body.
(c) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(d) Recruiting followers.
4. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) JC Penney.
5. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
(a) He believes he will be an insurance salesman.
(b) He does not want to be a businessman.
(c) He wants to go to law school.
(d) He wants to purchase a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
2. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
3. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
4. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
5. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)