|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
(b) He cannot afford to buy the store.
(c) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(d) Helen does not want him to buy it.
2. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(c) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(d) His company suffered.
3. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(b) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(c) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(d) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
4. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His honesty and integrity.
(b) His loving personality.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His wealth.
5. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He needs money.
(b) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(c) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(d) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
2. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
3. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
4. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
5. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)