|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be pampered.
(b) Be ignored.
(c) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(d) Be seen and not heard.
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(b) JC Penney.
(d) Ben Franklin.
3. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(b) His wife.
(c) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
(d) His first boss.
4. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) His family was never comfortable.
(b) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
(c) He was never happy.
(d) His family was never satisfied.
5. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Earn extra money for his family.
(b) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
(c) Make himself famous.
(d) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
2. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
3. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
4. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
5. Sam was born in ___________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)