|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Phi Tau.
(b) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(c) Beta Tau Beta.
(d) Beta Theta Pi.
2. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His quiet demeanor.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His honesty and integrity.
(d) His loving personality.
3. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
(b) His family was never satisfied.
(c) His family was never comfortable.
(d) He was never happy.
4. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be seen and not heard.
(b) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(c) Be ignored.
(d) Be pampered.
5. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(a) Starving to death.
(b) A wild boar.
(d) Getting hit by a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
3. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
4. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
5. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)