|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(a) Ben Franklin.
(b) JC Penney.
2. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 68 percent.
(b) 38 percent.
(c) 58 percent.
(d) 48 percent.
3. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(b) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(c) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(d) The first Wal-Mart.
4. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(b) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(c) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(d) Purchasing this Kmart.
5. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(b) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(c) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(d) He never became an Eagle Scout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam was born in ___________.
2. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
3. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
4. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)