|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where he wants to live.
(b) Where his future lies.
(c) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(d) If he wants to be in business.
2. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
(b) They had spent all of their own money.
(c) They had decided to borrow money.
(d) They had borrowed some money.
3. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(b) America forgot about him.
(c) His company suffered.
(d) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
4. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(b) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(c) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(d) Purchasing this Kmart.
5. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He needs money.
(b) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(c) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(d) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
2. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
3. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
4. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
5. Sam was born in ___________.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)