|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) He was never happy.
(b) His family was never comfortable.
(c) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
(d) His family was never satisfied.
2. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(c) His company suffered.
(d) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
3. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(a) Discount stores.
(c) Variety stores.
4. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
(a) It helps him not trust losers.
(b) It helps him believe that he can always win.
(c) It helps him trust others to be losers.
(d) It makes him never want to be a loser.
5. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
(b) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(c) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(d) He needs money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
2. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
3. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
4. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
5. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)