|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(a) A wild boar.
(b) Starving to death.
(c) Getting hit by a car.
2. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be ignored.
(b) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
(c) Be seen and not heard.
(d) Be pampered.
3. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
4. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
(a) Bribing his fellow students with money or passing grades.
(b) Recruiting followers.
(c) He speaks to people before they speak to him.
(d) Blackmailing some of the student body.
5. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(b) He does not seem interested in retail.
(c) He cannot sell products well.
(d) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
2. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
3. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
4. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
5. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)