|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Bouncing Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) His company suffered.
(b) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(c) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(d) America forgot about him.
2. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) A turkey farm.
(b) A dairy farm.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) An apple farm.
3. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
4. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
5. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Understanding and empathy.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Pride and jealousy.
(d) Ambition and drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
2. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
3. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
4. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
5. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)