Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Running a Successful Company: Ten Rules that Worked for Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
2. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Upper management.
(d) Vice president.
3. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every Saturday morning.
(b) Every Sunday morning.
(c) Every Saturday night.
(d) Every morning.
4. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
(a) Working long hours.
(b) The profit-sharing program.
(c) Becoming executives.
(d) Becoming managers.
5. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(b) Getting hit by a car.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) Starving to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
2. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
3. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
4. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
5. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)