Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Making the Customer Number One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) In high school.
(b) While in college.
(c) While working at JC Penney.
(d) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
2. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one he has with his wife.
(b) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
(c) The one he has with his employees.
(d) The one that the managers have with their associates.
3. Has Wal-Mart always treated its employees as well as it should have?
(b) Only at first.
4. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
(b) Wealthy clientele.
(c) Real estate issues, legal quandaries, and zoning problems.
(d) A lack of space for building.
5. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 48 percent.
(b) 38 percent.
(c) 68 percent.
(d) 58 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
2. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
3. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
4. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
5. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)