|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Rolling Out the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Phi Tau.
(b) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(c) Beta Tau Beta.
(d) Beta Theta Pi.
2. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They do not have Sam Walton.
(b) They only care about their employees.
(c) They are looking out for themselves first.
(d) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
3. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
(d) Giant Eagle.
4. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go to the opera.
(b) Ride horses.
(c) Go camping.
(d) Go fishing.
5. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
(a) Be pampered.
(b) Be ignored.
(c) Be seen and not heard.
(d) Be responsible for contributing to their family just as much as the adults and should not be considered 'takers."
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
2. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
3. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
4. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
5. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)