|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) The first Wal-Mart.
(b) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(c) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(d) A Ben Franklin store in town.
2. In the beginning, why was Sam unable to pay the associates well?
(a) He did not think they deserved to be paid well.
(b) He wanted to keep the money for himself.
(c) He had too many associates.
(d) He was too cheap.
3. What did going public do to Sam's family?
(a) It created an unhealthy living environment.
(b) It caused the world to invade their private lives.
(c) It made the children into stars.
(d) It caused the family to fall apart.
4. Sam has created a unique culture at Wal-Mart where managers meet ________.
(a) Every morning.
(b) Every Saturday night.
(c) Every Sunday morning.
(d) Every Saturday morning.
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(b) While working at JC Penney.
(c) In high school.
(d) While in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
2. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
3. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
4. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
5. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)