|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If your store can provide what they need, including low prices, guaranteed satisfaction, and a wide assortment of goods, can success assured?
2. The idea of going public is brought up by __________.
(a) Marcus Stevens.
(b) Mike Smith.
(c) Mark Sykes.
(d) Matt Smitts.
3. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
(a) The executives.
(b) The managers.
(c) The Walton family members.
(d) The associates.
4. What is one of the most important changes in the Wal-Mart culture in recent years?
(a) The need for female executives.
(b) The need for women managers on the floor.
(c) New technology.
(d) Women in the workplace.
5. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) The first Wal-Mart.
(b) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(c) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(d) A Ben Franklin store in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
2. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
3. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
4. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
5. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)