|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Understanding and empathy.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Ambition and drive.
(d) Pride and jealousy.
2. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(b) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(c) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(d) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
3. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Rob Walton.
(b) David Glass.
(c) Helen Walton.
(d) Mike Smith.
4. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) His company suffered.
(b) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(c) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(d) America forgot about him.
5. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did going public do to Sam's family?
2. Did Sam get into the retail business to make money?
3. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
4. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
5. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)