|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To let the competition know who he is.
(b) To make friends.
(c) To get a job at one of these stores.
(d) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
2. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
(a) Better for him.
(b) More financially solvent.
(c) Better and more efficient.
(d) More exciting.
3. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A promoter.
(b) A clown.
(c) A task master.
(d) Santa Claus.
4. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
(a) The city customer.
(b) The small town customer.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The urban customer.
5. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
(b) Helen's father.
(c) Mike Smith.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
2. What is the first thing Sam does?
3. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
4. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
5. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)