|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He watches the competition disappear.
(b) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(c) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
(d) He moves onto other cities.
2. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Helen Walton.
(b) Mike Smith.
(c) Rob Walton.
(d) David Glass.
3. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
4. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
(a) $18 billion.
(b) $1.8 million.
(c) $1.8 billion.
(d) $1.8 trillion.
5. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award is given out at these annual meetings?
2. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
3. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
4. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
5. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)