|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
(a) Choose other stores.
(b) Come to one place to find a range of goods at low prices.
(c) Come when they wanted to.
(d) Feel comfortable making purchases.
2. On what was Sam too focused?
(a) Being competitive.
(b) His managers.
(c) His executives.
3. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(b) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(c) He does not seem interested in retail.
(d) He cannot sell products well.
4. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He runs the competition out of town.
(b) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
(c) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(d) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
5. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To let the competition know who he is.
(c) To get a job at one of these stores.
(d) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
2. What is the first thing Sam does?
3. If your store can provide what they need, including low prices, guaranteed satisfaction, and a wide assortment of goods, can success assured?
4. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
5. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)