|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
2. The focal point of their communications are ___________.
(a) The Saturday meetings.
(b) The annual meetings.
(c) The Sunday meetings.
(d) The daily meetings.
3. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to check out stores along the way.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to promote his company.
(d) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
4. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
(b) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(c) Earn extra money for his family.
(d) Make himself famous.
5. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
(a) Split his debt into a few small personal loans.
(b) Reconsolidate it into one large loan for the business.
(c) Reconsolidate it into one large personal loan.
(d) Split his debt into many small loans for the business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
2. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
3. While debating the idea of going public, Sam flies around looking for _________.
4. When does Wal-Mart become a publicly-traded company?
5. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)