|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning, why was Sam unable to pay the associates well?
(a) He had too many associates.
(b) He wanted to keep the money for himself.
(c) He did not think they deserved to be paid well.
(d) He was too cheap.
2. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
(a) The partially-serviced style.
(b) The discount model.
(c) The fully-serviced discount model.
(d) The self-service style.
3. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
4. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(b) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(c) He threatens each child.
(d) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
5. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(b) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(c) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(d) The first Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
2. On what does Sam concentrate?
3. What does Sam believe are what will continue to keep the customers coming back to shop at your store?
4. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
5. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)