|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Sam believe he is as hands-on as other managers?
2. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
(a) He wants them to be justified.
(b) He does not like change.
(c) He does not trust technology.
(d) He does not understand technology.
3. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
(b) The one he has with his employees.
(c) The one he has with his wife.
(d) The one that the managers have with their associates.
4. What do each of the stores have to keep the mood at work exciting and refreshing?
(b) Coffee and donuts.
(d) Their own traditions and games.
5. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(a) Starving to death.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) Getting hit by a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
2. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
3. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
4. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
5. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)