|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(b) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(c) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
(d) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
2. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The Walton family members.
(b) The managers.
(c) The associates.
(d) The executives.
3. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
(a) "Whistle while you work" mentality.
(b) "Happiness" mentality.
(c) "We Love Work" mentality.
(d) "Work is Fun" mentality.
4. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(c) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(d) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
5. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(c) He had to forget about work.
(d) He had to check out stores along the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
2. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
3. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
4. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
5. Phil Green concocts __________.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)