|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
(a) A chicken farm.
(b) A dairy farm.
(c) A turkey farm.
(d) An apple farm.
2. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(b) No one is a better promoter than him.
(c) There was not competition.
(d) He is really intelligent.
3. Sam explains the difference between Wal-Mart and a number of other potentially-profitable businesses is that _________.
(a) Sam always wanted to be famous.
(b) Sam always wanted to be the best retailer, not necessarily the biggest.
(c) Sam always wanted to be the biggest retailer, not necessarily the best.
(d) Sam always wanted to be wealthy.
4. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(b) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(c) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(d) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
5. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) His family was never comfortable.
(b) His family was never satisfied.
(c) He was never happy.
(d) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
2. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
3. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
4. Are there ups and downs in the Wal-Mart corporation?
5. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)