|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
(a) He never felt like he could work hard enough.
(b) His family was never comfortable.
(c) His family was never satisfied.
(d) He was never happy.
2. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one that the managers have with their associates.
(b) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
(c) The one he has with his employees.
(d) The one he has with his wife.
3. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
(a) His wife's father, L.S. Robson.
(b) His first boss.
(c) His uncle, L.S. Robson.
(d) His wife.
4. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working at JC Penney.
(b) In high school.
(c) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(d) While in college.
5. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A promoter.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) A task master.
(d) A clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
2. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
3. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
4. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
5. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)