|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) There was not competition.
(b) No one is a better promoter than him.
(c) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(d) He is really intelligent.
2. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Pride and jealousy.
(c) Ambition and drive.
(d) Understanding and empathy.
3. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) She does not want to be lonely.
(b) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(c) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
(d) She needs something to do.
4. Due to its location, Wal-Mart can enjoy what kind of advertising?
(a) Poor advertising.
(b) Expensive advertising.
(c) Word-of-mouth advertising among the townsfolk.
(d) Simple advertising.
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(b) While working at JC Penney.
(c) While in college.
(d) In high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
2. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
3. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
4. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
5. What are the consequences of the competition between Wal-Mart and Kmart?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)