|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one he has with his wife.
(b) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
(c) The one that the managers have with their associates.
(d) The one he has with his employees.
2. Why does Sam buy a little bank in Bentonville?
(a) In order to better understand the lending process and banking industry overall.
(b) He wants to control his money.
(c) In order to earn money for Wal-Mart.
(d) In order to lend money to himself.
3. At first, Wal-Mart only dealt with ____________.
(a) Its employees.
(b) Other large competitors.
(d) Other regional and smaller competitors.
4. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(a) Upper management.
(d) Vice president.
5. The Wal-Mart concept with variety stores allowed people to ___________.
(a) Choose other stores.
(b) Come when they wanted to.
(c) Come to one place to find a range of goods at low prices.
(d) Feel comfortable making purchases.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what was Sam too focused?
2. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
3. For a variety of reasons, Rob convinces Sam to do what with his debt?
4. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
5. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)