|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
2. What does Sam give his associates and managers?
(a) Many raises.
(b) Gifts for their birthdays.
(c) The freedom to experiment and test things on their own.
(d) Specific tasks to complete.
3. What do Sam and Bob have Sam's son Rob do for them?
(a) Look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
(b) Find a way to avoid paying taxes, so they can start to get out of debt.
(c) Sue another company, so they can pay off their debts.
(d) Find a good lawyer to look into the legal aspects of going public and issuing stock shares to the public.
4. Sam eventually returns to Newport, Arkansas, and opens a Wal-Mart near ________.
(a) His father's home.
(b) His old Ben Franklin variety store.
(c) His old home.
(d) His father's store.
5. It is the demand of ____________ that built Wal-Mart's success?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The urban customer.
(c) The city customer.
(d) The small town customer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
2. The feeling of excitement about the work environment is called ___________.
3. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
4. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
5. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)