|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
(a) The executives.
(b) The Walton family members.
(c) The associates.
(d) The managers.
2. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is the happiest man in America.
(b) He is a proud man.
(c) He is a poor man.
(d) He is the richest man in America.
3. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(b) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(c) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(d) The first Wal-Mart.
4. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
5. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
(a) Convincing towns to support a Wal-Mart.
(b) Many stores and the art of doing business with low expenses and low prices.
(c) Building the same stores all over the country.
(d) The art of deception.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
2. Ron leaves the company when?
3. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
4. Since the beginning, Sam has been extremely connected as __________.
5. When did Wal-Mart take on Kmart?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)