|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(b) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
(c) He needs money.
(d) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
2. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
(c) Only at first.
3. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(c) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(d) His company suffered.
4. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(b) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(c) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(d) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
5. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His honesty and integrity.
(b) His quiet demeanor.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His loving personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
3. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
4. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
5. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)