|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
2. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
3. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) The family must be home for dinner every night.
(b) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(c) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(d) His family must not go anywhere without him.
4. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
(b) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
(c) Keeping the customers returning.
(d) Good advertising.
5. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great managers.
(b) Choosing great advertisers.
(c) Choosing great leaders.
(d) Choosing great employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
3. No matter how hard Sam's father worked or how many different jobs he had, what happened?
4. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
5. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)