|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(b) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
(c) He cannot afford to buy the store.
(d) Helen does not want him to buy it.
2. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He cannot sell products well.
(b) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(c) He does not seem interested in retail.
(d) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
3. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
(b) JC Penney.
(d) Ben Franklin.
4. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
(a) They had decided to borrow money.
(b) They had spent all of their own money.
(c) They had borrowed some money.
(d) They had borrowed as much as they possibly could.
5. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since his first job.
(b) Since he met Helen's father.
(c) He was born.
(d) He started.
Short Answer Questions
1. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
2. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
3. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
4. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)