|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
(a) He is the richest man in America.
(b) He is the happiest man in America.
(c) He is a poor man.
(d) He is a proud man.
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Make himself famous.
(b) Earn extra money for his family.
(c) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
(d) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
3. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
4. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Beta Tau Beta.
(b) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(c) Phi Tau.
(d) Beta Theta Pi.
5. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(b) Purchasing this Woolworth.
(c) Purchasing this Kmart.
(d) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
2. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
3. Helen had to help Sam sign the notes to secure all the money and by the time it was ready, what had happened?
4. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
5. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)