|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
2. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
(b) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(c) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(d) Attracting customers.
3. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) In the morning.
(b) With a lot of attention.
(d) With weights on to show what he can really do.
4. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great leaders.
(b) Choosing great employees.
(c) Choosing great managers.
(d) Choosing great advertisers.
5. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
(a) America forgot about him.
(b) A great deal of misinformation was released and taken as truth about him and his family.
(c) No one cares to know about the history of Wal-Mart.
(d) His company suffered.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
2. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
3. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
4. What kind of farm does Sam's family have?
5. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)