|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would help her get ready.
(b) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
(c) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
(d) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
2. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
3. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
(a) Following trends.
(b) Starting trends.
(c) Researching trends.
(d) Bucking trends.
4. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(b) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(d) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
5. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Not making enough money.
(b) Being a businessman.
(c) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
(d) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
2. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
3. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
4. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
5. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)