|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
(b) Buying out stores.
(c) Building new stores.
(d) Selling low-quality products.
2. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be quick and quiet.
(b) Let's do it now and do it right.
(c) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
(d) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
3. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(b) He cannot sell products well.
(c) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(d) He does not seem interested in retail.
4. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
5. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(b) Where he wants to live.
(c) Where his future lies.
(d) If he wants to be in business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
2. Phil Green concocts __________.
3. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
4. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
5. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)