|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(b) Let's be quick and quiet.
(c) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
(d) Let's do it now and do it right.
2. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
(a) It helps him trust others to be losers.
(b) It makes him never want to be a loser.
(c) It helps him believe that he can always win.
(d) It helps him not trust losers.
3. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
4. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(b) He threatens each child.
(c) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
(d) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
5. At the time, nobody wants to invest in the idea with Bud putting only 3 percent into it and another manager from Texas putting in 2 percent. Other than that, Sam had to come up with what percent of the financing on his own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
2. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
3. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
4. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
5. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)