|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(b) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(c) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(d) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
2. This book is Sam's attempt to __________________.
(a) Earn extra money for his family.
(b) Build up Wal-Mart's popularity.
(c) Make himself famous.
(d) Clear the misconceptions about him, his business, and most importantly, his views on how to build a successful company.
3. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(b) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(c) Attracting customers.
(d) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
4. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Being a businessman.
(b) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
(c) Not making enough money.
(d) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
5. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(b) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(c) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(d) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam was born in ___________.
2. What did going public do to Sam's family?
3. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
4. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
5. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)