|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With a lot of attention.
(c) In the morning.
(d) With weights on to show what he can really do.
2. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(b) He cannot sell products well.
(c) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(d) He does not seem interested in retail.
3. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) He cannot afford to buy the store.
(b) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(c) Helen does not want him to buy it.
(d) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
4. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Selling low-quality products.
(b) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
(c) Building new stores.
(d) Buying out stores.
5. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(b) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(c) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(d) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam and Helen are disappointed to leave Newport, but they do have one benefit from their five years working there. What is this benefit?
2. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
3. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
4. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
5. He learns from a very early age that children should do what?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)