|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to forget about work.
(b) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(c) He had to check out stores along the way.
(d) He had to promote his company.
2. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How his boss created his fortune.
(b) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(c) How his father had created their family fortune.
(d) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
3. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
(a) It helps him believe that he can always win.
(b) It helps him not trust losers.
(c) It makes him never want to be a loser.
(d) It helps him trust others to be losers.
4. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
(c) Only at first.
5. Sam was born in ___________.
(a) Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
(b) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(c) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(d) Indianapolis, Indiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
2. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
3. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
4. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
5. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)