|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Ride horses.
(c) Go camping.
(d) Go to the opera.
2. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(b) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
(c) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(d) He threatens each child.
3. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) He was born.
(b) Since he met Helen's father.
(c) He started.
(d) Since his first job.
4. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
(a) Helen does not want him to buy it.
(b) He does not want to move to Bentonville.
(c) The two widowed owners almost refuse to sell it.
(d) He cannot afford to buy the store.
5. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(a) Study business.
(d) Play instruments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
2. Sam purchases ____________ that only travels about 100 miles an hour.
3. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
4. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
5. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)