|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
(a) His family.
(b) The United States.
(c) The world.
(d) His community.
2. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(b) If he wants to be in business.
(c) Where his future lies.
(d) Where he wants to live.
3. Although there have been a number of changes in the Wal-Mart industry over the years, the Walton family still collectively owns __________ of their own business, which is rare for a major corporation.
(a) 48 percent.
(b) 68 percent.
(c) 58 percent.
(d) 38 percent.
4. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(b) While in college.
(c) In high school.
(d) While working at JC Penney.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sam did not like the attention given to him and his family by the press, he put a lid on the personal information released to the public. What happened because of this reason according to Sam?
2. With what announcement does Sam Walton start the book?
3. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
4. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
5. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)