|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam admit was the biggest mistake of his business career?
(a) Purchasing this Kmart.
(b) Purchasing of a shopping center.
(c) Purchasing this Ben Franklin.
(d) Purchasing this Woolworth.
2. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His loving personality.
(b) His quiet demeanor.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His honesty and integrity.
3. Sam talks about the impact of the business on _________.
(a) His community.
(b) The world.
(c) The United States.
(d) His family.
4. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
5. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
(a) With a lot of attention.
(c) In the morning.
(d) With weights on to show what he can really do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam's appreciation for the dollar is further ingrained when he meets ______________.
2. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
3. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
4. He decides to run for the student body president and wins by doing one important move. What is that move?
5. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)