|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(b) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
(c) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(d) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
2. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Buying out stores.
(b) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
(c) Selling low-quality products.
(d) Building new stores.
3. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great managers.
(b) Choosing great employees.
(c) Choosing great advertisers.
(d) Choosing great leaders.
4. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
(a) How other wealthy men had built their fortunes.
(b) How the Robsons created their family fortune.
(c) How his boss created his fortune.
(d) How his father had created their family fortune.
5. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
(a) In high school.
(b) While in college.
(c) While working with the Ben Franklin store.
(d) While working at JC Penney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam finds a store in Bentonville, but almost does not get the business. Why?
2. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
3. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
4. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
5. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)