|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
(a) Buying health and beauty aids at a lower price and staying stocked.
(b) Attracting customers.
(c) Keeping the electronic section stocked.
(d) Buying food procucts at a low price and staying stocked.
2. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
(c) Only at first.
3. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's do it now and do it right.
(b) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(c) Let's be quick and quiet.
(d) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
4. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
5. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(a) Discount stores.
(b) Variety stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
2. Sam buys stores in Little Rock, Springdale, and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, as well as Neodesha and Coffeyville, ___________.
3. Sam was born in ___________.
4. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
5. Sam and Charlie create the _______ self-service style variety store in the country and the first one in the eight-state area.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)