Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Thinking Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam and his brother Bud go into business together and purchase outright ______________.
(a) An old Ben Franklin store in Ruskin Heights.
(b) An old Kmart store in Ruskin Heights.
(c) An old Meijer store in Ruskin Heights.
(d) An old Woolworth store in Ruskin Heights.
2. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
3. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
4. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The Walton family members.
(b) The executives.
(c) The associates.
(d) The managers.
5. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(b) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(c) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(d) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
2. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
3. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
4. The concept of the variety store changed drastically over the years from the fully-serviced variety store to ___________.
5. Right away, Sam looks for other store opportunities and drives to Fayetteville to find a store whose only competitor is _________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)