Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Raising a Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children have just as high a stake in the family business as their parents?
(a) He makes every member of the family a partner in the family business.
(b) He gives each child money to spend or save.
(c) He threatens each child.
(d) If he cannot earn enough money, neither do they.
2. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(b) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
3. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to check out stores along the way.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to promote his company.
(d) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
4. Sam starts to hear about discounting companies. He knows that discounting is the way of the future but is fully immersed in what?
(a) Discount stores.
(c) Variety stores.
5. Sam's father, Thomas Gibson Walton, is a very hard worker who was later remembered for _____________.
(a) His honesty and integrity.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His loving personality.
(d) His quiet demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam enlists the help of Charlie Baum, whom he met ______________.
2. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
3. After he and Helen marry, Sam aims to build his family financial structure similar to ____________.
4. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
5. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)