|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
(b) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
(c) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
(d) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
2. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
(a) A friendship with the members of the towns.
(b) Deals with community leaders.
(c) A community.
(d) A cookie-cutter strategy.
3. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
(b) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(c) He watches the competition disappear.
(d) He moves onto other cities.
4. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(b) Beta Tau Beta.
(c) Phi Tau.
(d) Beta Theta Pi.
5. Ron leaves the company when?
(a) No one supports him.
(b) Sam fires him.
(c) Once Sam resumes his role.
(d) Sam retires.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
2. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
3. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
4. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
5. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)