|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He watches the competition disappear.
(b) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
(c) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(d) He moves onto other cities.
2. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
(b) They do not have Sam Walton.
(c) They are looking out for themselves first.
(d) They only care about their employees.
3. Phil Green concocts __________.
(a) One of the most rediculous Wal-Mart stunts in history.
(b) One of the worst displays in Wal-Mart history.
(c) One of the most expensive advertising campaigns in Wal-Mart history.
(d) One of the most famous displays in Wal-Mart history.
4. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
(a) Convincing towns to support a Wal-Mart.
(b) Many stores and the art of doing business with low expenses and low prices.
(c) The art of deception.
(d) Building the same stores all over the country.
5. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
(a) Helen and Sam.
(b) Helen and her father.
(c) Ferold and Ron.
(d) His two sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
2. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
3. They officially close the door on ___________.
4. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
5. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)