|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
(b) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
(c) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
(d) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
2. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(a) Upper management.
(b) Vice president.
3. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(b) He does not seem interested in retail.
(c) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(d) He cannot sell products well.
4. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
(a) It make advertising more sophisticated.
(b) It makes advertising cheaper.
(c) It makes advertising more expensive.
(d) It makes advertising more necessary.
5. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
(a) His father.
(b) Helen's father.
(c) Mike Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
2. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
3. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
4. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
5. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)