|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He cannot sell products well.
(b) He does not seem interested in retail.
(c) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(d) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
2. What have Sam and his employees mastered?
(a) Convincing towns to support a Wal-Mart.
(b) Building the same stores all over the country.
(c) Many stores and the art of doing business with low expenses and low prices.
(d) The art of deception.
3. Sam wants to organize everything and make it ____________.
(a) More financially solvent.
(b) Better and more efficient.
(c) More exciting.
(d) Better for him.
4. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Beta Tau Beta.
(b) Phi Tau.
(c) Beta Theta Pi.
(d) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
5. Sam has the personality of _______________.
(a) A task master.
(b) A clown.
(c) A promoter.
(d) Santa Claus.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
2. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
3. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
4. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
5. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)