|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Upper management.
(d) Vice president.
2. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
(a) A friendship with the members of the towns.
(b) Deals with community leaders.
(c) A cookie-cutter strategy.
(d) A community.
3. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
(b) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
(c) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
(d) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
4. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
(a) Giant Eagle.
5. Don is a good example of another one of Sam's top talents. What is this talent?
(a) Choosing great leaders.
(b) Choosing great managers.
(c) Choosing great employees.
(d) Choosing great advertisers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam suggests that if you want to be successful, you need to _______ to your own interests?
2. Sam loves quail hunting after being introduced to it by __________.
3. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
4. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
5. Sam describes Phil as a man who not only likes to swim upstream but also that he likes to do it __________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)