|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(d) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
2. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
(b) The first Wal-Mart.
(c) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(d) A Ben Franklin store in town.
3. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To take over Sam's position.
(b) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(c) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
(d) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
4. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(b) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
(c) Be cool.
(d) Be ahead of the competition.
5. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam has the personality of _______________.
2. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
3. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
4. What takes place after Sam's return?
5. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)