|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To get a job at one of these stores.
(c) To let the competition know who he is.
(d) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
2. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) Be ahead of the competition.
(b) Be cool.
(c) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
(d) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
3. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
(a) Meijer, Giant Eagle, Kmart, and Target.
(b) Kmart, Woolworth, Sears, and Meijer.
(c) Kmart, Woolworth, Woolco, and Target.
(d) Giant Eagle, Target, Woolco, and Woolworth.
4. This period of time dictates a __________ period of growth for Wal-Mart.
5. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(b) The first Wal-Mart.
(c) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(d) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
2. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
3. Although Sam is a small man at only 130 pounds, he works very hard and gets his letter in the sport of ___________.
4. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
5. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)