|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(b) Let's do it now and do it right.
(c) Let's be quick and quiet.
(d) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
2. When he is 14, Sam saves a boy from ____________.
(a) Starving to death.
(b) Getting hit by a car.
(c) A wild boar.
3. They officially close the door on ___________.
(b) Surplus stores.
(c) Variety stores.
(d) Discount stores.
4. What is the first thing Sam does?
(a) He moves into the town.
(b) He makes friends with those who run the town.
(c) He sends his sons to investigate the town.
(d) He establishes a warehouse.
5. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(b) Upper management.
(c) Vice president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
2. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
3. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
4. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
5. Why does Sam tell Abe Marks that he does not need their systems?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)