|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
(a) To get a job at one of these stores.
(b) To make friends.
(c) To let the competition know who he is.
(d) To pick their brains about how their operations were run.
2. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
3. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
4. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
5. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
2. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
3. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
4. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
5. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)