|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
(a) Keeping large quantities of products in the store.
(b) Keeping the customers returning.
(c) Keeping the prices lower than other company's prices for future success.
(d) Good advertising.
2. Although Sam considers himself a fairly conservative guy, he is a _________ in the world of business.
3. With what does Sam not want to deal that plague stores in bigger cities?
(b) Real estate issues, legal quandaries, and zoning problems.
(c) A lack of space for building.
(d) Wealthy clientele.
4. How does placing stores in these small areas affect advertising?
(a) It make advertising more sophisticated.
(b) It makes advertising cheaper.
(c) It makes advertising more necessary.
(d) It makes advertising more expensive.
5. Sam always encourages competition. What does Sam think of this divisive stance?
(a) He sees it as beneficial to the company.
(b) He sees it as a good example of competition.
(c) He sees it starting to benefit the company.
(d) He sees that it is starting to injure the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
2. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
3. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
4. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
5. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)