|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He thinks many of these failed stores would still be open if they had remembered to ___________.
(a) Support Wal-Mart.
(b) Take care of their customers and employees first.
(c) Be frugal.
(d) Hire someone like Sam.
2. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He needs money.
(b) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
(c) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(d) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
3. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
(b) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(c) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
(d) He runs the competition out of town.
4. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He watches the competition disappear.
(b) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(c) He moves onto other cities.
(d) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
5. What is Ferold Arend's position prior to coming to Wal-Mart?
(a) He is head of merchandise for the whole Midwest for a variety chain store.
(b) He is president of a Midwest variety chain store.
(c) He is the owner of a Midwest variety chain store.
(d) He is a cashier at a Midwest variety chain store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
2. Sam believes that he was over-blessed with the traits of ____________.
3. The biggest challenge Wal-Mart has right now at this growth period is what?
4. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
5. There are two main camps in the Wal-Mart organization. Who leads these camps?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)