|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
2. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
(b) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
(c) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
(d) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
3. They officially close the door on ___________.
(a) Surplus stores.
(b) Variety stores.
(c) Discount stores.
4. What does Sam do after he establishes a Wal-Mart on the boundaries of big cities?
(a) He watches as the communities grow to meet the store.
(b) He hopes that those in the cities come out to his store.
(c) He watches the competition disappear.
(d) He moves onto other cities.
5. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
(a) He is the youngest in the state of Missouri at the time.
(b) He never truly wanted to be a Boy Scout.
(c) He never became an Eagle Scout.
(d) He helped his sons become Eagle Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
2. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
3. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
4. By 1974, Wal-Mart has how many stores?
5. In 1962, four large companies started discount stores, including _____________ besides Wal-Mart?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)