|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He runs the competition out of town.
(b) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
(c) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(d) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
2. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(b) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
(c) The Sunday Night Massacre.
(d) The Saturday Night Massacre.
3. It is 1962 and many of the successful discounters are doing what, of which Sam seems to disapprove?
(a) Building new stores.
(b) Selling low-quality products.
(c) Buying out stores.
(d) Driving fancy cars and living in large homes.
4. Why is Ferold Arend hired?
(a) To push Wal-Mart into the best distribution center possible.
(b) To improve the technology at Wal-Mart.
(c) To take over Sam's position.
(d) To be CEO of Wal-Mart.
5. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(b) Be cool.
(c) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
(d) Be ahead of the competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is one store that expanded and had a distribution center that offered a superior product merchandise that Wal-Mart could offer their customers.
2. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
3. Sam would walk into some of the big discount retailers and ask to speak with their top executives, introducing himself as "Sam Walton from Bentonville." Why would he do this?
4. What is significant about Sam's bet regarding being an Eagle Scout?
5. They officially close the door on ___________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)