|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do after the answer to number 88?
(a) He encourages his new neighbors to support the building of a Wal-Mart.
(b) He bribes the community counsel members into supporting his store.
(c) He runs the competition out of town.
(d) He pulls out a map, filling in every area in that market region.
2. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
(a) He is frequently late to work and staff meetings.
(b) Although he can sell, his organization skills are not great.
(c) He does not seem interested in retail.
(d) He cannot sell products well.
3. Sam wants to learn more about IBM computers to _________.
(a) Be cool.
(b) Use computer technology just because he likes it.
(c) Be ahead of the competition.
(d) See what digital technology can do for Wal-Mart.
4. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
(b) Let's do it now and do it right.
(c) Let's be quick and quiet.
(d) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
5. When the company becomes divided, behind whom do the younger guys line up?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
2. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
3. Ron leaves the company when?
4. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
5. What takes place after Sam's return?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)