|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam admits to thinking about merchandising every day of his life since _____________.
(a) Since he met Helen's father.
(b) Since his first job.
(c) He was born.
(d) He started.
2. Don Whitaker comes to the Wal-Mart organization from TG&Y. He is a hard-working and smart man who establishes a great philosophy for the company. What is this philosophy?
(a) Let's be quick and quiet.
(b) Let's do it now and do it right.
(c) Let's be out front. Let's do it right. Let's get it done now and get on with it.
(d) Let's be number one. Let's be honest and hard-working.
3. Sam is about to graduate with a degree in business and has plenty of energy, but is unsure ___________.
(a) Where he wants to live.
(b) If he wants to be in business.
(c) If he wants to go to graduate school.
(d) Where his future lies.
4. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
(a) Beta Theta Pi.
(b) Beta Tau Beta.
(c) Sigma Phi Epsilon.
(d) Phi Tau.
5. The reason that other stores fail is because ____________.
(a) They are looking out for themselves first.
(b) They do not have Sam Walton.
(c) They only care about their employees.
(d) They do not have the funds that Wal-Mart has.
Short Answer Questions
1. Behind whom do the older guys stand?
2. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
3. Phil gets a great deal on a laundry detergent like Tide, and has 18 cases sent to his store and creates the world's largest display of detergents, stacking them almost __________ feet high?
4. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
5. Back in the 1960s, with what was Sam more concerned, rather than quality?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)