|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time all the changes in management at Wal-Mart are over, roughly how much of the upper management team is gone?
2. Jack Shewmaker comes into the picture as a potential candidate for ___________.
(c) Vice president.
(d) Upper management.
3. Wal-Mart starts building stores quickly by establishing ___________.
(a) Deals with community leaders.
(b) A cookie-cutter strategy.
(c) A community.
(d) A friendship with the members of the towns.
4. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
(a) No one is a better promoter than him.
(b) There was not competition.
(c) He always made sure that the employees in his stores were taken care of.
(d) He is really intelligent.
5. In 1939, he meets Hugh Mattingly who owns _____________.
(a) A discount store chain with 40 stores.
(b) The first Wal-Mart.
(c) A Ben Franklin store in town.
(d) A variety store chain with 60 stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially why does Sam's superior questions whether he is good at retail?
2. Now that Sam is out of debt, he feels he can really concentrate on _________.
3. What does Sam play everywhere he goes?
4. Sam attends the University of Missouri since he is already well-known in Columbia and joins what fraternity?
5. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)