|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stepping Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam realize he must get a career job and accepts a job from JC Penney?
(a) He cannot afford to go to Harvard Law.
(b) He no longer wants to continue going to school.
(c) He cannot afford to go to Wharton School of Finance in Pennsylvania.
(d) He needs money.
2. What is the first thing Sam does?
(a) He establishes a warehouse.
(b) He makes friends with those who run the town.
(c) He sends his sons to investigate the town.
(d) He moves into the town.
3. What takes place after Sam's return?
(a) The Sunday Morning Massacre.
(b) The Saturday Night Massacre.
(c) The Sunday Night Massacre.
(d) The Saturday Morning Massacre.
4. Eventually, Arend will become Wal-Mart's first ___________.
(a) Manager of operations and later vice president of operations.
(b) Chief executive of technology and later it president of operations.
(c) Vice president of operations and later its president of operations.
(d) Vice president of advertising and later it president of advertising.
5. How does Sam feel never being on a losing team helped him?
(a) It makes him never want to be a loser.
(b) It helps him not trust losers.
(c) It helps him trust others to be losers.
(d) It helps him believe that he can always win.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam believes that the reason that Wal-Mart was successful is because __________.
2. Sam is always looking for new and different ways to do things and takes great pleasure in ___________.
3. Sam is not interested in retail because __________________.
4. They officially close the door on ___________.
5. Ron leaves the company when?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)