|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
(a) $1.8 billion.
(b) $1.8 trillion.
(c) $1.8 million.
(d) $18 billion.
2. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Helen Walton.
(b) Mike Smith.
(c) Rob Walton.
(d) David Glass.
3. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would disagree.
(b) Many executives would not be surprised.
(c) Many executives snicker.
(d) Many executives would agree.
4. On what was Sam too focused?
(a) His executives.
(b) His managers.
(d) Being competitive.
5. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The associates.
(b) The Walton family members.
(c) The managers.
(d) The executives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
2. What did going public do to Sam's family?
3. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
5. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)