|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one he has with his wife.
(b) The one that the managers have with their associates.
(c) The one he has with his employees.
(d) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
2. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
(a) Not making enough money.
(b) Being a businessman.
(c) Letting the company go public and becoming the richest man in the country.
(d) Not becoming an insurance salesman.
3. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
(a) Not at first.
(d) Only at first.
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to check out stores along the way.
(d) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
5. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to visit friends.
(b) He has to fight the competition.
(c) He has to promote his business.
(d) He has to check out the competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
2. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
3. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
4. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
5. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)