|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
(b) Not at first.
(c) Only at first.
2. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
(a) The associates.
(b) The Walton family members.
(c) The managers.
(d) The executives.
3. To encourage family togetherness, what does Sam do?
(a) His family must not go anywhere without him.
(b) He plans family vacations every weekend.
(c) He is his sons' Boy Scout leader.
(d) The family must be home for dinner every night.
4. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would disagree.
(b) Many executives would agree.
(c) Many executives snicker.
(d) Many executives would not be surprised.
5. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to check out stores along the way.
(b) He had to forget about work.
(c) He had to promote his company.
(d) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
2. On what was Sam too focused?
3. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
4. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
5. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)