|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The managers.
(b) The Walton family members.
(c) The executives.
(d) The associates.
2. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one he has with his wife.
(b) The one he has with his employees.
(c) The one that the managers have with their associates.
(d) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
3. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(b) He had to check out stores along the way.
(c) He had to forget about work.
(d) He had to promote his company.
4. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
(a) Becoming executives.
(b) Becoming managers.
(c) Working long hours.
(d) The profit-sharing program.
5. Is Sam's deal with Alice unusual?
(d) Only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
2. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
3. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
4. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
5. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)