|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Rob Walton.
(b) Helen Walton.
(c) Mike Smith.
(d) David Glass.
2. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
(a) He has to promote his business.
(b) He has to check out the competition.
(c) He has to fight the competition.
(d) He has to visit friends.
3. On what was Sam too focused?
(a) His managers.
(b) Being competitive.
(d) His executives.
4. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to forget about work.
(b) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(c) He had to promote his company.
(d) He had to check out stores along the way.
5. Sam notes ____________ regarding the idea that many consider him to be on the cutting edge of technology?
(a) Many executives would disagree.
(b) Many executives snicker.
(c) Many executives would agree.
(d) Many executives would not be surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
2. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
3. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
4. The one mistake that Helen cannot forgive Sam for _________________.
5. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)