|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wal-Mart share information with its associates?
(a) To make them more responsible.
(b) To convince them that Sam cares about them.
(c) To force them to make decisions within the company.
(d) To forge a greater partnership with them.
2. Is this sharing of information considered a success?
3. Do Sam's kids feel as though Sam was not around during their childhood?
4. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go camping.
(c) Ride horses.
(d) Go to the opera.
5. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one he has with his wife.
(b) The one that the managers have with their associates.
(c) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
(d) The one he has with his employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
2. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
3. Why has Sam pretty much fought all of the technological advances?
4. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
5. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)