|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(c) He had to forget about work.
(d) He had to check out stores along the way.
2. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The managers.
(b) The executives.
(c) The Walton family members.
(d) The associates.
3. On what was Sam too focused?
(a) Being competitive.
(c) His executives.
(d) His managers.
4. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) She needs something to do.
(b) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
(c) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(d) She does not want to be lonely.
5. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
(a) Ride horses.
(b) Go camping.
(c) Go to the opera.
(d) Go fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Has Wal-Mart always treated its employees as well as it should have?
2. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
3. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
4. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
5. What did going public do to Sam's family?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)