|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter how efficient or advanced their distribution center is or how great their technology might be, _______________are the real key to Wal-Mart's success.
(a) The managers.
(b) The Walton family members.
(c) The associates.
(d) The executives.
2. Has Wal-Mart always treated its employees as well as it should have?
(a) Only at first.
3. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
(a) She does not want to be lonely.
(b) So she will have plenty of time with her grandchildren.
(c) So she will have plenty of people to care for her when she is old.
(d) She needs something to do.
4. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(b) Play instruments.
(d) Study business.
5. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
(b) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
(c) He would help her get ready.
(d) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
2. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
3. What did going public do to Sam's family?
4. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
5. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)