|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam have to do when the family was on vacation?
(a) He had to promote his company.
(b) He had to deal with harrassing competition.
(c) He had to check out stores along the way.
(d) He had to forget about work.
2. Sam credits the success of the business with what relationship?
(a) The one that the managers have with their associates.
(b) The one he has with his wife.
(c) The one he has with his employees.
(d) The one Sam has with his father-in-law.
3. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
(d) Big K.
4. It is due to _________ that the company has been able to outperform the competition?
(a) The managers.
(b) The associates.
(c) The Walton family members.
(d) The executives.
5. Now Wal-Mart has a profit-sharing policy for their employees that is currently ___________ at the time of publication.
(a) $18 billion.
(b) $1.8 trillion.
(c) $1.8 million.
(d) $1.8 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do everywhere he travels?
2. Their large private fleet of __________ is one of the largest in the country as well to give them the flexibility they need?
3. The average time lapse between when stores request additional merchandise and when they receive it is roughly how many days?
4. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
5. A number of employees have gained a great deal of financial wealth from ____________.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)