|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Expanding the Circles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Walton kids all have to do?
(a) Study business.
(d) Play instruments.
2. The way the management treats its associates is exactly how they will treat who?
(a) Other managers.
(c) Their customers.
(d) The executives.
3. What would Sam do when he would drop Alice off at a horse show?
(a) He would sit at the top of the grand stand and cheer her on.
(b) He would sneak off to check out other stores for competition.
(c) He would sit in the car and wait for her to finish.
(d) He would help her get ready.
4. Although many people have contributed to the advances in technology at Wal-Mart, who gets the lion's share of gratitude from Sam?
(a) Mike Smith.
(b) David Glass.
(c) Helen Walton.
(d) Rob Walton.
5. Has Wal-Mart always treated its employees as well as it should have?
(d) Only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unions have tried to organize at Wal-Mart. Have they been successful?
2. Sam believes that thanks to the superior distribution system implemented, they were able to acquire what stores seamlessly integrate the stores into the current system?
3. Before Wal-Mart, what did the Waltons like to do?
4. Why does Helen want four children by the time she is thirty?
5. On what was Sam too focused?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)