Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
2. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
3. Where did Houston travel to promote the land development?
4. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
5. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the war on Mexico. What prompted the war? When did it take place? What were its major battles? What were the concerns regarding Texas, Mexico, Great Britain and Spain? Which of the threats were most likely to come to fruition? What contingencies were planned for by Houston and others? How long did the war last? What was the outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Create a detailed time line regarding Houston's political activities. Use complete descriptions, accomplishments, failures, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Sam Houston and Stephen Austin were two very powerful and influential men in Texas during the early 1800s. Examine the contributions of each to the blossoming territory. Compare and contrast Houston and Austin in regards to the contributions to the would-be state, diplomacy with the Mexicans, Anglo Texans, Tejanos and Comanche. Discuss the most important step taken by either man and how it affected the future of Texas.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)