|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
2. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
3. Where did Houston travel to promote the land development?
4. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
5. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
Essay Topic 1
Create a detailed time line regarding Houston's political activities. Use complete descriptions, accomplishments, failures, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Houston held a great many offices in the military and the government. Discuss each of Houston's offices, when and where they were held, accomplishments and failures of each, predecessors and successors, and important political affiliates. Which positions were off limits to Houston due to certain laws? Explain. What was Houston's most important role? In which role was Houston most effective?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Houston's rapid descent from power. What caused Houston's downfall? Why did Houston go into exile? Where did Houston go and with whom? How long was Houston out of the public eye? What did Houston do during his time in exile? Explain.
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)