|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The United States finally recognized Texas as a_____.
2. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
3. As a measure of commitment, the legislators wanted people to take an oath of _____.
4. In what year did Andrew Jackson die?
5. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
Essay Topic 1
Create a detailed time line regarding Houston's political activities. Use complete descriptions, accomplishments, failures, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Alamo and the involvement by key players Sam Houston, Jim Bowie and Santa Anna. Also examine how the Alamo was used.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the arguments between Houston and Lamar. What were Houston's issues with the administration? What steps did Houston take to sabotage Lamar? Why was Houston so angry with Lamar? Why did Lamar continuously argue with Houston? How were the problems settled? Were the men ever able to come to an agreement on any issue? Explain.
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)