|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
(c) Bowie Town.
2. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(d) Santa Anna.
3. What word is used to describe Burnet's government at the time?
4. Houston was eager to right some of the wrongs created under _____.
(a) Van Buren.
5. The United States finally recognized Texas as a_____.
(b) Major contributor.
(d) Force to be reckoned with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was forced to take a stance on slavery. Houston's political position was _____.
2. Where were the treaties signed?
3. What was the name of the Commodore in charge of the Texas navy?
4. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
5. Texas annexation was defeated in Congress in which year?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)