|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What government office was created at that time?
(a) General Land Office.
(b) Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) Treasury Department.
(d) Department of Peace.
2. The group was opposed to which religion?
3. Which one of Houston's allies was elected as president after Houston's term ended?
4. What was the name of the young woman Houston met while on this trip?
5. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
(a) San Jacinto.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the young woman when she met Houston?
2. Houston started a plantation at which site?
3. People tried to smuggle documents from Austin to Houston which created what was known as the _______ War.
4. Houston was eager to right some of the wrongs created under _____.
5. Where did Houston travel to promote the land development?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Houston's final act in the political arena.
2. Discuss Santa Anna's invasion of San Antonio. What step did Congress take next?
3. Discuss at least two items mentioned in Houston's inaugural speech.
4. Explain some of the issues Houston had with Lamar's behavior and government policies.
5. There were two major actions taken by the Texas government at this time regarding property and fiscal debt. What were those actions?
6. Which policies of Houston's would further alienate his constituents and make him unpopular in Texas?
7. Why was Houston against the Act in principle?
8. How did Houston play both sides of the fence in his bid to get the U.S. to approve annexation?
9. The death of Abel Upshur was a hard hit for Houston's annexation plan. Who was Upshur?
10. Where did the Houstons go after Sam left office? How was the Houston family still involved in the Civil War?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)