|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston believed that his latest plan would reduce hostilities from the Indians beginning in which year?
2. Houston was also outraged at the way the ______ had been treated.
3. What was the cause of death?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Food poisoning.
4. What was the name of the young woman Houston met while on this trip?
5. Where were the treaties signed?
(b) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
2. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
3. Aside from the neutral faction, people were either pro-slavery or pro-______.
4. What did Houston do after his term expired?
5. Houston started a plantation at which site?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine ongoing battle regarding secession and how it affected the presidential election of 1852.
2. Describe some of the issues being faced by the army at this time.
3. Name at least two major issues confronting Houston in his new role as president.
4. There were two major actions taken by the Texas government at this time regarding property and fiscal debt. What were those actions?
5. Sensing that secession was inevitable, Houston took steps to prevent war. What were some of Houston's efforts?
6. An election was called. Who were the running mates? How was Houston involved? Who won the race?
7. Why was Houston against the Act in principle?
8. What is the Kansas Nebraska Act? What was its impact on North versus South?
9. What events occurred around the time annexation was approved by Congress?
10. How did Houston play both sides of the fence in his bid to get the U.S. to approve annexation?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)