|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the treaties signed?
(c) Mexico City.
2. What is the word used when Houston called the public to vote on a major issue?
3. The Southerners stated that if the public elected a ____ as president, there would be war.
4. In what year was Houston being strongly considered as a U.S. presidential candidate?
5. Houston became increasingly concerned with the U.S. government's plans for _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of death?
2. Houston learned that Lamar had reneged on turning over promised _____.
3. In what month did Houston return to Texas?
4. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
5. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Which policies of Houston's would further alienate his constituents and make him unpopular in Texas?
2. There were two major actions taken by the Texas government at this time regarding property and fiscal debt. What were those actions?
3. Discuss Houston's final act in the political arena.
4. Discuss Santa Anna's invasion of San Antonio. What step did Congress take next?
5. Explain some of the issues Houston had with Lamar's behavior and government policies.
6. When and how did Houston make his return to the political limelight?
7. Explain the position of the United States government regarding statehood for Texas.
8. The death of Abel Upshur was a hard hit for Houston's annexation plan. Who was Upshur?
9. An election was called. Who were the running mates? How was Houston involved? Who won the race?
10. Discuss Houston's bid for the presidency. List some of Houston's actions when he was elected president.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)