|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
2. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
3. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
(b) Indian rations.
(c) Payment for services rendered.
(d) Political parties.
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(c) Medical licensing.
(d) Federal agent application exam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
2. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
3. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
4. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
5. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events of the Alamo massacre and the birth of the famous "Remember the Alamo!" slogan.
2. What caused Houston to leave the House of Representatives? What position did Houston achieve?
3. What did Houston learn after arriving at his new destination? How did Houston offer to help his hosts?
4. Mexico found it necessary to take certain steps to keep Texas under Mexican authority. What was the plan to keep control of Texas? Who was involved in the scheme?
5. How were the colonists split regarding the stalemate between Texas and Mexico? Who was involved? What measures did Houston take to win in favor of Texas?
6. Discuss Houston's childhood. What was Houston like as a child? What was his strongest subject in school?
7. Examine Houston's relationship and agreement with James Prentiss.
8. Who was consulted on the relationship between the Texans and the Mexican government? Who did this person contact in order to get a better feel for what was happening in the region? What was reported to the colonists?
9. What position did Houston accept in 1819? Who was responsible for getting Houston the job?
10. Discuss Houston's early years as a politician. Who did Houston support? Who did Houston meet due to his political work?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)