|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
2. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(b) Coast Guard.
3. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) Palm Sunday.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
(b) Election process.
5. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He died.
(b) He joined the army.
(c) He moved to New England.
(d) He went bankrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
2. Houston settled near which river?
3. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
4. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
5. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the meeting between Houston and Andrew Jackson. How did Houston's relationship with Jackson change his life?
2. What parties were involved in protecting the Alamo, discouraging the expedition, and defending the expedition?
3. When did Houston become a member of the Cherokee Nation? What did Houston do to try and help his adopted family? List at least one of the grievances addressed by Houston.
4. Mexico found it necessary to take certain steps to keep Texas under Mexican authority. What was the plan to keep control of Texas? Who was involved in the scheme?
5. Examine Houston's relationship and agreement with James Prentiss.
6. What steps did the militia take next regarding the offense against Mexico? Who was left behind?
7. Explain the confrontation between Austin and Mexican General Cos. What was the result of the conflict? What was Houston's opinion?
8. What was the first outward sign of rebellion? Who prompted the bid for creating Texas as its own sovereign nation? Who was against the proposition?
9. Discuss Houston's early military career. When did Houston join the military? What was his rank? In which battle was Houston wounded? Where was he wounded?
10. Explain the Matamoros expedition, Houston's position, and the outcome of the plan.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)