|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
2. Houston settled near which river?
3. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
(b) Sunshine Hill.
4. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
5. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
2. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
3. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Houston's early years as a politician. Who did Houston support? Who did Houston meet due to his political work?
2. Describe some of the issues being faced by the army at this time.
3. What were the big changes that took place in Texas in the early 1820s? What was the atmosphere at that time?
4. When and how did Houston make his return to the political limelight?
5. Why was Houston against the Act in principle?
6. Where did the Houstons go after Sam left office? How was the Houston family still involved in the Civil War?
7. Discuss some of Houston's extracurricular activities away from the political landscape of Texas government.
8. How were the colonists split regarding the stalemate between Texas and Mexico? Who was involved? What measures did Houston take to win in favor of Texas?
9. What did Jackson ask Houston to do in this new position? How did Houston handle the situation?
10. Explain some of the issues Houston had with Lamar's behavior and government policies.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)