|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
2. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
(a) Palm Sunday.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
3. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(a) Santa Anna.
4. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
5. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
2. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
3. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
4. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
5. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Houston decide to settle upon his return to Arkansas? Also discuss his marriage to Tiana and why it was unusual.
2. Who was consulted on the relationship between the Texans and the Mexican government? Who did this person contact in order to get a better feel for what was happening in the region? What was reported to the colonists?
3. Discuss the political turmoil surrounding the election of John Quincy Adams. What was Houston's next step in the campaign arena?
4. What event gave the Texans power to go to the Mexican government with a list of demands? Who presented the demands to the government? Describe at least two items that were on the list and how the Mexican government responded to them.
5. Describe the events of the Alamo massacre and the birth of the famous "Remember the Alamo!" slogan.
6. What parties were involved in protecting the Alamo, discouraging the expedition, and defending the expedition?
7. Explain the confrontation between Austin and Mexican General Cos. What was the result of the conflict? What was Houston's opinion?
8. Examine Houston's return to Tennessee and his new law career.
9. Discuss Houston's early years as a politician. Who did Houston support? Who did Houston meet due to his political work?
10. What did Houston learn after arriving at his new destination? How did Houston offer to help his hosts?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)