|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
2. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
3. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) Forth Worth.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) San Jacinto.
4. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
5. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
2. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
3. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
5. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the state of the governorship at this time.
2. Discuss the confrontation between Houston and Congressman William Stanbery. What caused the confrontation? What was the outcome?
3. What parties were involved in protecting the Alamo, discouraging the expedition, and defending the expedition?
4. Discuss the political turmoil surrounding the election of John Quincy Adams. What was Houston's next step in the campaign arena?
5. When did Houston become a member of the Cherokee Nation? What did Houston do to try and help his adopted family? List at least one of the grievances addressed by Houston.
6. Explain the confrontation between Austin and Mexican General Cos. What was the result of the conflict? What was Houston's opinion?
7. What event gave the Texans power to go to the Mexican government with a list of demands? Who presented the demands to the government? Describe at least two items that were on the list and how the Mexican government responded to them.
8. Examine Houston's return to Tennessee and his new law career.
9. What did Houston learn after arriving at his new destination? How did Houston offer to help his hosts?
10. Who did Houston become romantically involved with in 1829? What was the nature of the relationship? How did it end?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)