|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burnet signed ___ treaties with Santa Anna.
2. In 1840 Houston went to ______ to claim his bride.
3. What was the cause of death?
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Heart attack.
4. Where were the treaties signed?
(c) Mexico City.
5. Who won the election?
6. What was the name of the new political party that emerged at this time?
(b) Green Party.
7. What was the capital of Texas at this time?
(a) San Antonio.
(c) Fort Worth.
8. Who was leading this new trend?
9. Houston learned that Lamar had reneged on turning over promised _____.
10. As a measure of commitment, the legislators wanted people to take an oath of _____.
11. In what year did Houston make another bid for the governorship of Texas?
12. Against the popular attitude of the South, Houston craved _____.
13. Houston became alarmed when he noticed that many people were leaning toward which of the following?
14. In addition to the new president, the colonists also voted to support which of the following?
(a) Foreign policy.
15. Houston promised the people that funds would be made available for schools and _____.
(a) Small businesses.
(c) Public parks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a candidate for the Texas presidency?
2. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
3. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
4. The Texas Admission Act was passed in which year?
5. People began to realize that Houston was not as ______ as was once thought.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)