|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other Southern party objected to the person elected as president?
2. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
3. In what year did Houston die?
4. In 1840 Houston went to ______ to claim his bride.
5. Houston was also outraged at the way the ______ had been treated.
6. What government office was created at that time?
(a) Treasury Department.
(b) General Land Office.
(c) Department of Peace.
(d) Bureau of Indian Affairs.
7. How old was the young woman when she met Houston?
8. Who questioned Houston's loyalties?
9. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
(a) New Mexico.
10. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) In his car.
(b) At his home.
(c) In an Indian raid.
(d) Aboard a warship.
11. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
12. As a measure of commitment, the legislators wanted people to take an oath of _____.
13. As the city of Houston became a dangerous place, Houston moved his family to which location?
(b) Sante Fe.
(c) San Antonio.
14. When Houston returned to Texas he discovered that he had been elected to which of the following?
(a) Attorney General's office.
15. Houston was forced to take a stance on slavery. Houston's political position was _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
2. Part of Houston's plan was to remain cautious and _____.
3. Houston promised the people that funds would be made available for schools and _____.
4. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
5. Houston learned that Lamar had reneged on turning over promised _____.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)