|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
(d) San Jacinto.
2. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
3. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
4. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) In his car.
(b) In an Indian raid.
(c) At his home.
(d) Aboard a warship.
5. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
(b) Jackson Terrace.
(c) Sabine City.
(d) Houston Heights.
6. What did Houston request of the U.S. government?
(a) Nation status.
(b) Relief from taxation.
7. In addition to the new president, the colonists also voted to support which of the following?
(d) Foreign policy.
8. Who questioned Houston's loyalties?
9. In what year was Houston being strongly considered as a U.S. presidential candidate?
10. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(a) Van Zandt.
11. What type of businesses did Houston put into place after assuming the presidency?
(a) Tax offices.
(b) Trading posts.
(c) Law offices.
12. Which of the following was not a candidate for the Texas presidency?
13. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
14. The Texas Admission Act was passed in which year?
15. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. People tried to smuggle documents from Austin to Houston which created what was known as the _______ War.
2. What was the cause of death?
3. The couple had a son, Sam, Jr. who was born on May 25, _____.
4. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
5. This move caused Houston to become what is known as a ______.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)