|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
2. What were issued to some of the more hot-headed soldiers in the army?
(a) New assignments.
(d) Government positions.
3. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
4. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
(b) San Jacinto.
5. Against the popular attitude of the South, Houston craved _____.
6. Houston was forced to take a stance on slavery. Houston's political position was _____.
7. In 1840 Houston went to ______ to claim his bride.
8. Houston believed that his latest plan would reduce hostilities from the Indians beginning in which year?
9. The government repealed the Missouri Compromise of 1821 which set _______ regarding slavery.
(a) Geographical limits.
10. Houston continued to preach against which of the following?
(c) Indian relations.
11. In what year was Houston being strongly considered as a U.S. presidential candidate?
12. The Compromise of 1850 was presented by which political heavyweight?
13. What did Houston do after his term expired?
(a) Moved to Arkansas.
(b) Ran for the Senate.
(c) Opened a law practice.
(d) Went back to school.
14. Who was elected president in 1860?
(b) Van Buren.
15. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
(c) Van Buren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Houston's efforts to quash another expedition, Lamar wanted to send an expedition to _____.
2. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
3. What did Houston request of the U.S. government?
4. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
5. What was the name of the young woman Houston met while on this trip?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)