|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the young woman Houston met while on this trip?
2. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
(c) Anglo Texans.
3. In 1862, after U.S. forces took over Houston's new area of residence, Houston moved his family to _____.
(b) San Felipe.
4. The Texas Congress voted to join which party?
5. Houston continued to preach against which of the following?
(a) Indian relations.
6. The couple had a son, Sam, Jr. who was born on May 25, _____.
7. Houston learned that Lamar had reneged on turning over promised _____.
8. Which city did Houston to travel to in order to have an ankle operation?
(b) New Orleans.
9. In what year did Houston make another bid for the governorship of Texas?
10. What government office was created at that time?
(a) General Land Office.
(b) Department of Peace.
(c) Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(d) Treasury Department.
11. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
12. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
(b) Houston Heights.
(c) Jackson Terrace.
(d) Sabine City.
13. What term is used to describe the people whom Houston served?
14. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(d) Santa Anna.
15. Houston became alarmed when he noticed that many people were leaning toward which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Burnet signed ___ treaties with Santa Anna.
2. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
3. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
4. What was the name of the Commodore in charge of the Texas navy?
5. As the city of Houston became a dangerous place, Houston moved his family to which location?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)