|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Texas annexation was defeated in Congress in which year?
2. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) Aboard a warship.
(b) In an Indian raid.
(c) At his home.
(d) In his car.
3. In what year did Houston make another bid for the governorship of Texas?
4. The act issued _____ to each state.
(a) Federal funds.
(b) Popular sovereignty.
(c) Unlimited land grants.
(d) Union support.
5. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
6. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(a) Traveling to Washington, DC.
(b) The border with Mexico.
(d) Establishing a government seat.
7. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
8. What major event did Houston refuse to attend?
(a) Son's graduation.
(b) Gubernatorial inauguration.
(c) Democratic National Party Convention.
(d) Presidential inauguration.
9. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
10. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
11. The Texas congress voted in a person to take over Houston's seat in which entity?
(d) Inspector General.
12. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
(b) Van Buren.
13. In regards to Indian relations, Houston implemented a plan to set up ranger stations and ______.
(b) Trading posts.
(c) Immigration bureaus.
(d) Land offices.
14. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Blue Ridge Mountains.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Rio Grande.
15. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
(a) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
2. Who was elected president in 1860?
3. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
4. Aside from the neutral faction, people were either pro-slavery or pro-______.
5. Which of the following was not a candidate for the Texas presidency?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)