|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Southerners stated that if the public elected a ____ as president, there would be war.
2. Who questioned Houston's loyalties?
3. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(a) Van Zandt.
4. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
(c) Van Buren.
5. What other Southern party objected to the person elected as president?
6. As the city of Houston became a dangerous place, Houston moved his family to which location?
(c) San Antonio.
(d) Sante Fe.
7. As a measure of commitment, the legislators wanted people to take an oath of _____.
8. In what year did Houston die?
9. Which controversial act was passed in 1853?
(a) Kansas Nebraska Act.
(b) Compromise of 1853.
(c) Texas New Mexico Act.
(d) Great Land Treaty.
10. Houston started a plantation at which site?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) Sabine City.
(c) Raven's Hill.
11. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
12. Houston became increasingly concerned with the U.S. government's plans for _______.
13. How old was the young woman when she met Houston?
14. The Texas Admission Act was passed in which year?
15. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
(a) Sabine City.
(b) Jackson Terrace.
(d) Houston Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to Indian relations, Houston implemented a plan to set up ranger stations and ______.
2. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
3. Houston was eager to right some of the wrongs created under _____.
4. In what month did Houston return to Texas?
5. When Houston returned to Texas he discovered that he had been elected to which of the following?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)