|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word used for people that are willing to take almost any action to support their party?
(b) Trouble maker.
(d) Rabble rouser.
2. People began to realize that Houston was not as ______ as was once thought.
(d) Short sighted.
3. What was the capital of Texas at this time?
(b) Fort Worth.
(d) San Antonio.
4. Against the popular attitude of the South, Houston craved _____.
5. Houston was eager to right some of the wrongs created under _____.
(a) Van Buren.
6. Where did Houston travel to promote the land development?
7. People tried to smuggle documents from Austin to Houston which created what was known as the _______ War.
8. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
(d) Bowie Town.
9. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(d) Van Zandt.
10. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
(a) San Jacinto.
11. Burnet signed ___ treaties with Santa Anna.
12. What was the name of the act that determined slavery should be forbidden in any state taken from Mexico?
(a) Wilmot Proviso.
(b) Anson Upshur Act.
(c) The Great Compromise.
(d) Mexican Manifesto.
13. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(c) Santa Anna.
14. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
15. Which city did Houston to travel to in order to have an ankle operation?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the treaties signed?
2. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
3. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
4. Which controversial act was passed in 1853?
5. As a measure of commitment, the legislators wanted people to take an oath of _____.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)