|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
2. What is the word used for people that are willing to take almost any action to support their party?
(a) Rabble rouser.
(d) Trouble maker.
3. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(a) Establishing a government seat.
(b) The border with Mexico.
(c) Traveling to Washington, DC.
4. The government repealed the Missouri Compromise of 1821 which set _______ regarding slavery.
(c) Geographical limits.
5. Who won the election?
6. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(d) Santa Anna.
7. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) In his car.
(b) Aboard a warship.
(c) In an Indian raid.
(d) At his home.
8. The group was opposed to which religion?
9. Houston believed that his latest plan would reduce hostilities from the Indians beginning in which year?
10. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
(c) New Mexico.
11. In addition to the new president, the colonists also voted to support which of the following?
(b) Foreign policy.
12. What did Houston do after his term expired?
(a) Moved to Arkansas.
(b) Went back to school.
(c) Ran for the Senate.
(d) Opened a law practice.
13. What word is used to describe Burnet's government at the time?
14. What major event did Houston refuse to attend?
(a) Democratic National Party Convention.
(b) Gubernatorial inauguration.
(c) Presidential inauguration.
(d) Son's graduation.
15. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
2. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
3. Where did Houston travel to promote the land development?
4. Houston was forced to take a stance on slavery. Houston's political position was _____.
5. Houston became increasingly concerned with the U.S. government's plans for _______.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)