|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Houston die?
2. Who questioned Houston's loyalties?
3. Who was elected president in 1860?
(c) Van Buren.
4. In regards to Indian relations, Houston implemented a plan to set up ranger stations and ______.
(b) Immigration bureaus.
(c) Land offices.
(d) Trading posts.
5. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(b) Establishing a government seat.
(c) Traveling to Washington, DC.
(d) The border with Mexico.
6. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 years.
7. What did Houston do after his term expired?
(a) Opened a law practice.
(b) Ran for the Senate.
(c) Moved to Arkansas.
(d) Went back to school.
8. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
(c) Bowie Town.
9. What was the cause of death?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Heart attack.
10. Houston learned that Lamar had reneged on turning over promised _____.
11. In 1862, after U.S. forces took over Houston's new area of residence, Houston moved his family to _____.
(c) San Felipe.
12. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
(a) New Mexico.
13. What did Houston request of the U.S. government?
(a) Relief from taxation.
(c) Nation status.
14. What major event did Houston refuse to attend?
(a) Son's graduation.
(b) Democratic National Party Convention.
(c) Presidential inauguration.
(d) Gubernatorial inauguration.
15. What were issued to some of the more hot-headed soldiers in the army?
(b) New assignments.
(d) Government positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1840 Houston went to ______ to claim his bride.
2. What is the word used when Houston called the public to vote on a major issue?
3. In what month did Houston return to Texas?
4. This move caused Houston to become what is known as a ______.
5. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)