|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the city of Houston became a dangerous place, Houston moved his family to which location?
(a) Sante Fe.
(b) San Antonio.
2. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(b) Van Zandt.
3. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
5. Who questioned Houston's loyalties?
6. What type of businesses did Houston put into place after assuming the presidency?
(a) Tax offices.
(b) Trading posts.
(c) Law offices.
7. What was the name of the young woman Houston met while on this trip?
8. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) In his car.
(b) In an Indian raid.
(c) At his home.
(d) Aboard a warship.
9. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
10. Houston believed that his latest plan would reduce hostilities from the Indians beginning in which year?
11. Aside from the neutral faction, people were either pro-slavery or pro-______.
12. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
(a) New Mexico.
13. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
(d) Van Buren.
14. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
(a) Houston Heights.
(b) Jackson Terrace.
(c) Sabine City.
15. The Southerners stated that if the public elected a ____ as president, there would be war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
2. What is the word used when Houston called the public to vote on a major issue?
3. In regards to Indian relations, Houston implemented a plan to set up ranger stations and ______.
4. The government repealed the Missouri Compromise of 1821 which set _______ regarding slavery.
5. Houston was forced to take a stance on slavery. Houston's political position was _____.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)