|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Houston make another bid for the governorship of Texas?
2. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
3. The Compromise of 1850 was presented by which political heavyweight?
4. How old was the young woman when she met Houston?
5. In regards to Indian relations, Houston implemented a plan to set up ranger stations and ______.
(a) Immigration bureaus.
(b) Trading posts.
(d) Land offices.
6. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(b) Traveling to Washington, DC.
(c) Establishing a government seat.
(d) The border with Mexico.
7. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
8. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
9. What type of businesses did Houston put into place after assuming the presidency?
(a) Law offices.
(b) Trading posts.
(d) Tax offices.
10. Aside from the neutral faction, people were either pro-slavery or pro-______.
11. What did Houston do after his term expired?
(a) Moved to Arkansas.
(b) Opened a law practice.
(c) Ran for the Senate.
(d) Went back to school.
12. What was the capital of Texas at this time?
(a) San Antonio.
(d) Fort Worth.
13. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) Aboard a warship.
(b) In an Indian raid.
(c) In his car.
(d) At his home.
14. Where were the treaties signed?
(a) Mexico City.
15. What did Houston request of the U.S. government?
(a) Nation status.
(b) Relief from taxation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
2. The government repealed the Missouri Compromise of 1821 which set _______ regarding slavery.
3. Which one of Houston's allies was elected as president after Houston's term ended?
4. Houston promised the people that funds would be made available for schools and _____.
5. In what year did Andrew Jackson die?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)