|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the city of Houston became a dangerous place, Houston moved his family to which location?
(a) Sante Fe.
(b) San Antonio.
2. The Texas congress voted in a person to take over Houston's seat in which entity?
(c) Inspector General.
3. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(b) Santa Anna.
4. The couple had a son, Sam, Jr. who was born on May 25, _____.
5. Burnet signed ___ treaties with Santa Anna.
6. Who was elected president in 1860?
(b) Van Buren.
7. What was the name of the new political party that emerged at this time?
(c) Green Party.
8. What major event did Houston refuse to attend?
(a) Gubernatorial inauguration.
(b) Democratic National Party Convention.
(c) Son's graduation.
(d) Presidential inauguration.
9. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
(c) Bowie Town.
10. In what year was Houston being strongly considered as a U.S. presidential candidate?
11. What was the name of the act that determined slavery should be forbidden in any state taken from Mexico?
(a) Mexican Manifesto.
(b) The Great Compromise.
(c) Wilmot Proviso.
(d) Anson Upshur Act.
12. The United States finally recognized Texas as a_____.
(a) Force to be reckoned with.
(c) Major contributor.
13. Houston promised the people that funds would be made available for schools and _____.
(b) Public parks.
(d) Small businesses.
14. People tried to smuggle documents from Austin to Houston which created what was known as the _______ War.
15. What is the word used for people that are willing to take almost any action to support their party?
(b) Rabble rouser.
(c) Trouble maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was leading this new trend?
2. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
3. Houston learned that Lamar had reneged on turning over promised _____.
4. Which of the following was not a candidate for the Texas presidency?
5. People began to realize that Houston was not as ______ as was once thought.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)