|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Texas congress voted in a person to take over Houston's seat in which entity?
(c) Inspector General.
2. The Southerners stated that if the public elected a ____ as president, there would be war.
3. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
4. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(c) Santa Anna.
5. Houston lamented the disappearance of many of the policies put into place by _____.
6. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
7. Houston was eager to right some of the wrongs created under _____.
(b) Van Buren.
8. The group was opposed to which religion?
9. In what month did Houston return to Texas?
10. Aside from the neutral faction, people were either pro-slavery or pro-______.
11. In 1862, after U.S. forces took over Houston's new area of residence, Houston moved his family to _____.
(a) San Felipe.
12. What is the word used for people that are willing to take almost any action to support their party?
(b) Trouble maker.
(d) Rabble rouser.
13. What major event did Houston refuse to attend?
(a) Son's graduation.
(b) Democratic National Party Convention.
(c) Presidential inauguration.
(d) Gubernatorial inauguration.
14. The act issued _____ to each state.
(a) Popular sovereignty.
(b) Unlimited land grants.
(c) Union support.
(d) Federal funds.
15. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(b) Van Zandt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
2. What government office was created at that time?
3. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
4. Which controversial act was passed in 1853?
5. Who was leading this new trend?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)