|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
(a) Anglo Texans.
2. What word is used to describe Burnet's government at the time?
3. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. What major event did Houston refuse to attend?
(a) Presidential inauguration.
(b) Democratic National Party Convention.
(c) Son's graduation.
(d) Gubernatorial inauguration.
5. The Southerners stated that if the public elected a ____ as president, there would be war.
6. Who questioned Houston's loyalties?
7. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(a) Traveling to Washington, DC.
(c) The border with Mexico.
(d) Establishing a government seat.
8. The couple had a son, Sam, Jr. who was born on May 25, _____.
9. Houston promised the people that funds would be made available for schools and _____.
(b) Public parks.
(d) Small businesses.
10. The Texas congress voted in a person to take over Houston's seat in which entity?
(d) Inspector General.
11. People tried to smuggle documents from Austin to Houston which created what was known as the _______ War.
12. Who was elected president in 1860?
(d) Van Buren.
13. The Texas Admission Act was passed in which year?
14. In what year was Houston being strongly considered as a U.S. presidential candidate?
15. What term is used to describe the people whom Houston served?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
2. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
3. Which controversial act was passed in 1853?
4. Which one of Houston's allies was elected as president after Houston's term ended?
5. In addition to the new president, the colonists also voted to support which of the following?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)