|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burnet signed ___ treaties with Santa Anna.
2. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) At his home.
(b) In his car.
(c) In an Indian raid.
(d) Aboard a warship.
3. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
4. Houston learned that Lamar had reneged on turning over promised _____.
5. Despite Houston's efforts to quash another expedition, Lamar wanted to send an expedition to _____.
(a) Santa Fe.
6. Houston started a plantation at which site?
(a) Sabine City.
(b) Raven's Hill.
(c) San Antonio.
7. In what year was Houston being strongly considered as a U.S. presidential candidate?
8. The Texas Congress voted to join which party?
9. What was the name of the Commodore in charge of the Texas navy?
10. As the city of Houston became a dangerous place, Houston moved his family to which location?
(b) Sante Fe.
(c) San Antonio.
11. The act issued _____ to each state.
(a) Unlimited land grants.
(b) Popular sovereignty.
(c) Federal funds.
(d) Union support.
12. Where did Houston travel to promote the land development?
13. What did Houston do after his term expired?
(a) Went back to school.
(b) Ran for the Senate.
(c) Opened a law practice.
(d) Moved to Arkansas.
14. Texas annexation was defeated in Congress in which year?
15. The United States finally recognized Texas as a_____.
(b) Major contributor.
(c) Force to be reckoned with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
2. Which controversial act was passed in 1853?
3. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
4. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
5. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)