|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Houston returned to Texas he discovered that he had been elected to which of the following?
(a) Attorney General's office.
2. Who was leading this new trend?
3. What is the word used for people that are willing to take almost any action to support their party?
(b) Rabble rouser.
(c) Trouble maker.
4. What word is used to describe Burnet's government at the time?
5. This move caused Houston to become what is known as a ______.
(a) Has been.
(b) Wash out.
(c) Dodo bird.
(d) Lame duck.
6. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
(c) Great Britain.
7. Houston believed that his latest plan would reduce hostilities from the Indians beginning in which year?
8. Burnet signed ___ treaties with Santa Anna.
9. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
10. As the city of Houston became a dangerous place, Houston moved his family to which location?
(a) San Antonio.
(d) Sante Fe.
11. The group was opposed to which religion?
12. Houston was also outraged at the way the ______ had been treated.
13. Which controversial act was passed in 1853?
(a) Compromise of 1853.
(b) Great Land Treaty.
(c) Texas New Mexico Act.
(d) Kansas Nebraska Act.
14. What term is used to describe the people whom Houston served?
15. What major event did Houston refuse to attend?
(a) Presidential inauguration.
(b) Son's graduation.
(c) Democratic National Party Convention.
(d) Gubernatorial inauguration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
2. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
3. What other Southern party objected to the person elected as president?
4. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
5. What was the cause of death?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)