|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1862, after U.S. forces took over Houston's new area of residence, Houston moved his family to _____.
(b) San Felipe.
2. In what year did Houston die?
3. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
4. As the city of Houston became a dangerous place, Houston moved his family to which location?
(c) Sante Fe.
(d) San Antonio.
5. Houston became alarmed when he noticed that many people were leaning toward which of the following?
6. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(d) Van Zandt.
7. What was the name of the young woman Houston met while on this trip?
8. What other Southern party objected to the person elected as president?
9. Where were the treaties signed?
(d) Mexico City.
10. Who won the election?
11. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(a) The border with Mexico.
(c) Traveling to Washington, DC.
(d) Establishing a government seat.
12. Which city did Houston to travel to in order to have an ankle operation?
(c) New Orleans.
13. What was the name of the Commodore in charge of the Texas navy?
14. Who was elected president in 1860?
(a) Van Buren.
15. Despite Houston's efforts to quash another expedition, Lamar wanted to send an expedition to _____.
(d) Santa Fe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was unforgiving because the man had wounded his _____.
2. What was the cause of death?
3. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
4. The Compromise of 1850 was presented by which political heavyweight?
5. Houston became increasingly concerned with the U.S. government's plans for _______.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)