|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
2. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) Alamo de Austin.
(b) San Felipe de Austin.
(c) Santa Anna de Austin.
(d) San Marco de Austin.
3. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
4. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
5. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 6 months.
6. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
7. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(b) White Mountain.
(d) Running Deer.
8. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(c) Coast Guard.
9. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(a) Imports and exports.
(d) Land deeds.
10. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
11. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
12. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
13. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of the Treasury.
(b) Secretary of State.
(d) Attorney General.
14. In what year was Sam Houston born?
15. What was the name of the Congressman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
2. The challenge came via a:
3. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
4. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
5. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)