|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(b) Washington, DC.
2. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
3. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
4. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(a) North Carolina.
5. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
6. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
7. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
8. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
9. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
10. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
11. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
12. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
13. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
14. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
15. What was the name of the Congressman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
2. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
3. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
4. In what years did Mexico become a federal republic?
5. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)