|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(d) Santa Anna.
2. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
3. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(c) Campaign manager.
4. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
5. What word is used to mean incompetence?
6. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(b) Washington, DC.
7. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
8. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
9. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(b) North Carolina.
10. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
11. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
12. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(a) Bought him a drink.
(b) Caned him.
(d) Punched him in the face.
13. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Palm Sunday.
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) Valentine's Day.
14. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
15. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
2. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
3. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
4. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
5. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)