|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
2. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
3. What word is used to mean incompetence?
4. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Chess game.
(b) Boxing match.
(c) Card game.
5. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
6. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
7. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
8. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(b) Federal agent application exam.
(c) Medical licensing.
9. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
10. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(a) Washington, DC.
11. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
12. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Tumbler Hill.
(b) Timber Ridge.
(c) Mountain Pass.
(d) River Valley.
13. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(a) Campaign manager.
14. The challenge came via a:
(a) Public speech.
(b) Newspaper article.
(c) Town meeting.
(d) Campaign slogan.
15. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
2. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
3. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
4. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
5. During Houston's confrontation with Santa Anna, 630 Mexicans were killed and ____ were captured.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)