|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
6. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
(c) Mexico City.
7. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
8. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
9. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
10. During Houston's confrontation with Santa Anna, 630 Mexicans were killed and ____ were captured.
11. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
12. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(b) Imports and exports.
(d) Land deeds.
13. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
14. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Timber Ridge.
(b) Mountain Pass.
(c) Tumbler Hill.
(d) River Valley.
15. What word is used to mean incompetence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
2. The challenge came via a:
3. Which of the following left the expedition to return to the fort?
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
5. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)