|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
2. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
3. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) Rio Grande.
4. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(b) Coast Guard.
5. What was Houston's drink of choice?
6. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
7. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
8. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
(c) San Antonio.
(d) San Felipe.
9. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
10. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
11. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(b) Federal agent application exam.
(c) Medical licensing.
12. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
13. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
14. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(b) Great Britain.
15. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) White Mountain.
(c) Running Deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
2. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
5. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)