|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
2. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
(b) Election process.
3. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
4. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
5. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
6. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
7. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(c) Coast Guard.
8. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
9. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
10. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
(c) Mexico City.
11. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(c) Santa Anna.
12. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
13. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
(b) Sunshine Hill.
14. The challenge came via a:
(a) Town meeting.
(b) Newspaper article.
(c) Campaign slogan.
(d) Public speech.
15. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
2. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
3. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
4. What was the name of the Congressman?
5. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)