|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
2. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
3. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
4. Where was the plantation located?
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Marco de Austin.
(b) San Felipe de Austin.
(c) Santa Anna de Austin.
(d) Alamo de Austin.
6. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
7. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Colorado River.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Pacific Ocean.
(d) Cold Creek River.
8. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
9. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
10. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(b) Great Britain.
11. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Medical licensing.
(c) Federal agent application exam.
12. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(b) Governors Association.
(c) Sierra Club.
(d) Bar Association.
13. The challenge came via a:
(a) Newspaper article.
(b) Campaign slogan.
(c) Public speech.
(d) Town meeting.
14. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
15. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
(a) San Felipe.
(c) San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
2. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
3. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)