|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
(b) Election process.
2. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
3. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(b) Sierra Club.
(c) Bar Association.
(d) Governors Association.
4. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(b) Logging operations.
(c) Cultural activities.
5. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
6. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Cold Creek River.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Pacific Ocean.
(d) Colorado River.
7. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
8. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
9. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(a) Great Britain.
10. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
11. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(c) Land deeds.
(d) Imports and exports.
12. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
13. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
14. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
15. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
2. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
3. The challenge came via a:
4. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
5. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)