|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(b) Cultural activities.
(c) Logging operations.
2. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
(a) Mexico City.
3. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(a) Punched him in the face.
(b) Bought him a drink.
(c) Caned him.
5. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(c) Campaign manager.
6. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
7. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(c) Washington, DC.
8. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Senior Senator.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Majority Whip.
9. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
10. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
11. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
12. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) Running Deer.
(d) White Mountain.
13. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(b) Dueling pistol.
(c) Bow and arrow.
(d) Hickory cane.
14. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
15. What was the first name of Houston's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
2. What was Houston's drink of choice?
3. What word is used to mean incompetence?
4. Where was the plantation located?
5. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)