|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
2. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) John Quincy Adams.
3. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
4. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
5. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
6. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
(b) Mexico City.
7. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
8. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of State.
(c) Secretary of the Treasury.
(d) Attorney General.
9. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Secretary of War.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
10. What word is used to mean incompetence?
11. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(b) Washington, DC.
12. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(a) Santa Anna.
13. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 3 months.
14. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(b) Bow and arrow.
(c) Hickory cane.
(d) Dueling pistol.
15. Where was the plantation located?
Short Answer Questions
1. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
2. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
3. Houston settled near which river?
4. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
5. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)