|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
(a) San Felipe.
(d) San Antonio.
2. In what year was Sam Houston born?
3. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
4. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Secretary of the Treasury.
5. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(a) Santa Anna.
6. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
7. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
8. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) Forth Worth.
(c) San Jacinto.
(d) San Antonio.
9. What was Houston's drink of choice?
10. What was the first name of Houston's father?
11. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
12. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) River Valley.
(b) Timber Ridge.
(c) Mountain Pass.
(d) Tumbler Hill.
13. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
14. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
15. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
2. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
3. Where was the plantation located?
4. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
5. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)