|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(a) Bought him a drink.
(b) Caned him.
(d) Punched him in the face.
2. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(c) Great Britain.
3. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(b) Imports and exports.
(c) Land deeds.
4. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
(a) Election process.
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Marco de Austin.
(b) Alamo de Austin.
(c) San Felipe de Austin.
(d) Santa Anna de Austin.
6. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
7. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
8. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Attorney General.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
9. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
10. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
11. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
(a) Inspector General.
(b) Sergeant Major.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) General of the Infantry.
12. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(c) Washington, DC.
13. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 6 months.
14. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
15. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
2. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
3. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
4. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
5. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)