|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
2. What was Houston's drink of choice?
3. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
4. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
5. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
6. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
(a) Sergeant Major.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) General of the Infantry.
(d) Inspector General.
7. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Majority Whip.
(b) Senior Senator.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Attorney General.
8. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
9. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Palm Sunday.
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) Christmas Eve.
10. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Card game.
(b) Chess game.
(c) Boxing match.
11. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
12. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
13. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(a) North Carolina.
14. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Hickory cane.
(b) Bow and arrow.
(c) Dueling pistol.
15. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
(a) Indian rations.
(b) Political parties.
(d) Payment for services rendered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
2. The challenge came via a:
3. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
4. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
5. Where was the plantation located?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)