Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Houston's drink of choice?
2. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
3. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
4. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
5. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(a) Coast Guard.
6. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
(d) Election process.
7. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
8. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
9. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
10. In what year was Sam Houston born?
11. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
12. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
13. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
14. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Majority Whip.
(c) Senior Senator.
(d) Speaker of the House.
15. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(b) Santa Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
2. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
3. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
4. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
5. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)