|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
4. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Palm Sunday.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
5. Houston settled near which river?
6. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(a) Imports and exports.
(d) Land deeds.
7. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
(a) Colonization Act.
(b) Transportation Act.
(c) Annexation Act.
(d) Immmigration Act.
8. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
9. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
10. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
11. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
12. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) Running Deer.
(c) White Mountain.
13. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
14. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
15. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
2. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
3. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
4. What was Houston's drink of choice?
5. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)