|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He moved to New England.
(b) He went bankrupt.
(c) He died.
(d) He joined the army.
2. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
3. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
4. The challenge came via a:
(a) Public speech.
(b) Campaign slogan.
(c) Newspaper article.
(d) Town meeting.
5. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
6. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
(a) Mexico City.
7. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(b) Great Britain.
8. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Secretary of War.
(d) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
9. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
10. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
11. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
12. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
13. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Tumbler Hill.
(b) Timber Ridge.
(c) River Valley.
(d) Mountain Pass.
14. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(a) Land deeds.
(d) Imports and exports.
15. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
2. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
3. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
4. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
5. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)