|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(c) Great Britain.
2. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 12 months.
3. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
(a) Rio Grande.
(b) San Antonio.
4. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
5. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
6. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
7. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Mountain Pass.
(b) Tumbler Hill.
(c) River Valley.
(d) Timber Ridge.
8. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
(a) Fort Erie.
(c) Rio Grande.
(d) Fort Sumter.
9. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He died.
(b) He went bankrupt.
(c) He joined the army.
(d) He moved to New England.
10. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
11. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Felipe de Austin.
(b) Santa Anna de Austin.
(c) Alamo de Austin.
(d) San Marco de Austin.
12. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
13. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
14. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
15. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Cold Creek River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
2. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
3. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
4. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
5. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)