|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Sergeant Major.
(c) General of the Infantry.
(d) Inspector General.
2. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(d) Santa Anna.
3. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
4. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
5. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
(a) Trading post.
(b) Law practice.
(c) Tour guide service.
(d) Lumber mill.
6. Where was the plantation located?
7. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
(c) Sunshine Hill.
8. What was Houston's drink of choice?
9. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
10. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
11. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
12. What word is used to mean incompetence?
13. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
14. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
15. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(b) Logging operations.
(c) Cultural activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
2. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
3. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
4. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
5. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)