|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He joined the army.
(b) He moved to New England.
(c) He died.
(d) He went bankrupt.
2. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
3. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
4. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
5. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
6. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
7. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(c) Imports and exports.
(d) Land deeds.
8. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(b) White Mountain.
(d) Running Deer.
9. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(c) Medical licensing.
(d) Federal agent application exam.
10. Houston's family came from which state?
11. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
12. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
13. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
(a) Fort Sumter.
(c) Rio Grande.
(d) Fort Erie.
14. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Marco de Austin.
(b) Santa Anna de Austin.
(c) San Felipe de Austin.
(d) Alamo de Austin.
15. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
2. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
3. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
4. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
5. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)