|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
2. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
3. Where was the plantation located?
4. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) San Antonio.
5. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
6. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
7. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
8. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
9. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Federal agent application exam.
(c) Medical licensing.
10. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(a) Great Britain.
11. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
12. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
13. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
14. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
(a) Colonization Act.
(b) Immmigration Act.
(c) Transportation Act.
(d) Annexation Act.
15. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following left the expedition to return to the fort?
2. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
3. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
5. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)