|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to mean incompetence?
2. During Houston's confrontation with Santa Anna, 630 Mexicans were killed and ____ were captured.
3. Which of the following left the expedition to return to the fort?
4. Houston's family came from which state?
5. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
6. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
7. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) Cold Creek River.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Gulf of Mexico.
8. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
(a) Law practice.
(b) Trading post.
(c) Tour guide service.
(d) Lumber mill.
9. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
10. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
11. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(b) Chess game.
(c) Boxing match.
(d) Card game.
12. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
13. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
14. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
15. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(b) Campaign manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
2. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
3. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
4. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
5. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)