|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
2. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Sierra Club.
(b) Bar Association.
(d) Governors Association.
3. What was the first name of Houston's father?
4. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(a) Land deeds.
(c) Imports and exports.
5. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
6. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
7. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(a) Santa Anna.
8. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
9. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 months.
10. Which of the following left the expedition to return to the fort?
11. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
12. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Senior Senator.
(b) Majority Whip.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Attorney General.
13. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
14. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
15. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(a) Washington, DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
2. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
3. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
4. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
5. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)