|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
2. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(d) Coast Guard.
3. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Felipe de Austin.
(b) Santa Anna de Austin.
(c) San Marco de Austin.
(d) Alamo de Austin.
4. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
5. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(b) Imports and exports.
(d) Land deeds.
6. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
7. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
(b) Election process.
8. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
9. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
10. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
11. What word is used to mean incompetence?
12. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Secretary of War.
13. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
(a) Colonization Act.
(b) Annexation Act.
(c) Transportation Act.
(d) Immmigration Act.
14. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
15. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Boxing match.
(b) Card game.
(d) Chess game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
2. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
3. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
4. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
5. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)