|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
2. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
3. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
4. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) White Mountain.
(b) Running Deer.
5. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
6. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
7. In what year was Sam Houston born?
8. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
9. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Medical licensing.
(c) Federal agent application exam.
10. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
(a) Transportation Act.
(b) Annexation Act.
(c) Colonization Act.
(d) Immmigration Act.
11. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(d) Campaign manager.
12. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
13. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Bar Association.
(b) Governors Association.
(d) Sierra Club.
14. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
15. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston settled near which river?
2. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
3. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
4. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
5. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)