|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
3. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
4. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
5. Where was the plantation located?
6. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
7. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(b) Bow and arrow.
(c) Hickory cane.
(d) Dueling pistol.
8. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
9. What was the first name of Houston's father?
10. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Drunken Slob.
(b) Lying Thief.
(c) Big Drunk.
(d) Foolish Man.
11. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
12. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Federal agent application exam.
(b) Medical licensing.
13. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
14. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 3 months.
15. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Cold Creek River.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Pacific Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
2. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
3. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
4. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
5. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)