|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Gulf of Mexico.
(b) Colorado River.
(c) Pacific Ocean.
(d) Cold Creek River.
2. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(a) Bought him a drink.
(c) Caned him.
(d) Punched him in the face.
3. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
(a) San Antonio.
(d) Rio Grande.
4. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
5. What type of businesses did Houston put into place after assuming the presidency?
(a) Law offices.
(c) Tax offices.
(d) Trading posts.
Short Answer Questions
1. The couple had a son, Sam, Jr. who was born on May 25, _____.
2. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
3. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
4. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
5. In what year was Houston being strongly considered as a U.S. presidential candidate?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)