|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
2. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
3. What were issued to some of the more hot-headed soldiers in the army?
(b) New assignments.
(d) Government positions.
4. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
(a) Houston Heights.
(b) Jackson Terrace.
(c) Sabine City.
5. Houston became increasingly concerned with the U.S. government's plans for _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was forced to take a stance on slavery. Houston's political position was _____.
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
4. Where were the treaties signed?
5. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)