|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Majority Whip.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Senior Senator.
(d) Speaker of the House.
2. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
3. The Compromise of 1850 was presented by which political heavyweight?
4. In what year did Houston make another bid for the governorship of Texas?
5. What was the name of the act that determined slavery should be forbidden in any state taken from Mexico?
(a) Wilmot Proviso.
(b) Anson Upshur Act.
(c) Mexican Manifesto.
(d) The Great Compromise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word used when Houston called the public to vote on a major issue?
2. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
3. What was Houston's drink of choice?
4. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
5. Houston lamented the disappearance of many of the policies put into place by _____.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)