|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the act that determined slavery should be forbidden in any state taken from Mexico?
(a) The Great Compromise.
(b) Anson Upshur Act.
(c) Wilmot Proviso.
(d) Mexican Manifesto.
2. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Secretary of War.
3. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 9 months.
4. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
5. In what year did Houston make another bid for the governorship of Texas?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
2. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
3. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
4. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
5. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)