|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston continued to preach against which of the following?
(d) Indian relations.
2. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(a) Establishing a government seat.
(c) The border with Mexico.
(d) Traveling to Washington, DC.
3. The Southerners stated that if the public elected a ____ as president, there would be war.
4. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Majority Whip.
(b) Senior Senator.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Speaker of the House.
5. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Federal agent application exam.
(c) Medical licensing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
2. Houston became alarmed when he noticed that many people were leaning toward which of the following?
3. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
4. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
5. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)