|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Chess game.
(b) Card game.
(c) Boxing match.
2. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) General of the Infantry.
(c) Sergeant Major.
(d) Inspector General.
3. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
4. Houston became increasingly concerned with the U.S. government's plans for _______.
5. What major event did Houston refuse to attend?
(a) Democratic National Party Convention.
(b) Presidential inauguration.
(c) Son's graduation.
(d) Gubernatorial inauguration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the plantation located?
2. Part of Houston's plan was to remain cautious and _____.
3. In addition to the new president, the colonists also voted to support which of the following?
4. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
5. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)