|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
2. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
3. The government repealed the Missouri Compromise of 1821 which set _______ regarding slavery.
(c) Geographical limits.
4. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
5. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
2. Aside from the neutral faction, people were either pro-slavery or pro-______.
3. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
4. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
5. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)