|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Andrew Jackson die?
2. What type of businesses did Houston put into place after assuming the presidency?
(a) Law offices.
(c) Tax offices.
(d) Trading posts.
3. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
4. Despite Houston's efforts to quash another expedition, Lamar wanted to send an expedition to _____.
(d) Santa Fe.
5. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) Running Deer.
(c) White Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
2. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
3. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
4. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
5. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)