|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
(c) Great Britain.
2. Despite Houston's efforts to quash another expedition, Lamar wanted to send an expedition to _____.
(c) Santa Fe.
3. What was the first name of Houston's father?
4. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
5. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
2. Part of Houston's plan was to remain cautious and _____.
3. What did Houston request of the U.S. government?
4. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
5. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)