|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
(d) Sunshine Hill.
2. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
3. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
4. People tried to smuggle documents from Austin to Houston which created what was known as the _______ War.
5. Despite Houston's efforts to quash another expedition, Lamar wanted to send an expedition to _____.
(c) Santa Fe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
2. Houston's family came from which state?
3. In 1840 Houston went to ______ to claim his bride.
4. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
5. What were issued to some of the more hot-headed soldiers in the army?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)