|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(b) Great Britain.
2. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) San Antonio.
(c) Forth Worth.
(d) San Jacinto.
3. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
(a) Indian rations.
(b) Payment for services rendered.
(d) Political parties.
4. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) John Quincy Adams.
5. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
(a) Immmigration Act.
(b) Annexation Act.
(c) Transportation Act.
(d) Colonization Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
2. In what years did Mexico become a federal republic?
3. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
4. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
5. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)