|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
2. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Big Drunk.
(b) Drunken Slob.
(c) Lying Thief.
(d) Foolish Man.
3. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(d) Van Zandt.
4. Texas annexation was defeated in Congress in which year?
5. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Majority Whip.
(d) Senior Senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Houston travel to promote the land development?
2. In addition to the new president, the colonists also voted to support which of the following?
3. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
4. The couple had a son, Sam, Jr. who was born on May 25, _____.
5. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)