|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Houston do after his term expired?
(a) Moved to Arkansas.
(b) Opened a law practice.
(c) Went back to school.
(d) Ran for the Senate.
2. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(b) Traveling to Washington, DC.
(c) Establishing a government seat.
(d) The border with Mexico.
3. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
4. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(a) Santa Anna.
5. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
(d) Bowie Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
2. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
3. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
4. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
5. What was the first name of Houston's father?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)