|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first name of Houston's father?
2. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of the Treasury.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Secretary of State.
3. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
4. Where were the treaties signed?
(d) Mexico City.
5. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
2. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
3. What did Houston request of the U.S. government?
4. What was the cause of death?
5. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)