|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
2. What did Houston do after his term expired?
(a) Went back to school.
(b) Opened a law practice.
(c) Ran for the Senate.
(d) Moved to Arkansas.
3. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
(a) Palm Sunday.
(b) Fourth of July.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Valentine's Day.
5. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
(a) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
2. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
3. How old was the young woman when she met Houston?
4. Where were the treaties signed?
5. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)