|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(c) Coast Guard.
2. Houston settled near which river?
3. Texas annexation was defeated in Congress in which year?
4. What was Houston's drink of choice?
5. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
2. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
3. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
4. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
5. What government office was created at that time?
This section contains 134 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)