|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burnet signed ___ treaties with Santa Anna.
2. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
(a) Fort Erie.
(c) Fort Sumter.
(d) Rio Grande.
3. The challenge came via a:
(a) Newspaper article.
(b) Town meeting.
(c) Public speech.
(d) Campaign slogan.
4. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
5. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
2. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
3. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
4. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
5. What word is used to mean incompetence?
This section contains 128 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)