|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Drunken Slob.
(b) Lying Thief.
(c) Foolish Man.
(d) Big Drunk.
2. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Sierra Club.
(b) Governors Association.
(c) Bar Association.
3. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(b) Punched him in the face.
(c) Caned him.
(d) Bought him a drink.
5. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Majority Whip.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Senior Senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burnet signed ___ treaties with Santa Anna.
2. What was the name of the Congressman?
3. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
4. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
5. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)