|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
2. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
3. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
4. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
5. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of death?
2. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
5. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)