|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
2. The challenge came via a:
(a) Public speech.
(b) Newspaper article.
(c) Campaign slogan.
(d) Town meeting.
3. In what month did Houston return to Texas?
4. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
(b) Election process.
5. What type of businesses did Houston put into place after assuming the presidency?
(a) Trading posts.
(b) Law offices.
(c) Tax offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
2. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
3. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
4. What was Houston's drink of choice?
5. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)