|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
(d) Bowie Town.
2. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) Forth Worth.
(b) San Jacinto.
(c) San Antonio.
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. In 1840 Houston went to ______ to claim his bride.
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Marco de Austin.
(b) Santa Anna de Austin.
(c) Alamo de Austin.
(d) San Felipe de Austin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
2. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
3. People tried to smuggle documents from Austin to Houston which created what was known as the _______ War.
4. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
5. In what year was Sam Houston born?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)