|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
(b) San Jacinto.
2. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(b) Sierra Club.
(c) Bar Association.
(d) Governors Association.
3. Houston settled near which river?
4. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) Fort Sumter.
(d) Fort Erie.
5. Where was the plantation located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
2. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
3. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
4. In addition to the new president, the colonists also voted to support which of the following?
5. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)