|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Senior Senator.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Majority Whip.
2. What was the name of the young woman Houston met while on this trip?
3. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
4. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
5. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
2. In what year was Sam Houston born?
3. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
4. In what month did Houston return to Texas?
5. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
This section contains 136 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)