|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1840 Houston went to ______ to claim his bride.
2. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
(a) Rio Grande.
(c) Fort Sumter.
(d) Fort Erie.
3. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
4. What did Houston request of the U.S. government?
(b) Nation status.
(c) Relief from taxation.
5. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
2. The challenge came via a:
3. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
4. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
5. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)