|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. Problems arose over Houston's policies considering that the ______ were anti-Indian.
(a) Anglo Texans.
4. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
(d) Great Britain.
5. What was the cause of death?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Houston's efforts to quash another expedition, Lamar wanted to send an expedition to _____.
2. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
3. What was the name of the Commodore in charge of the Texas navy?
4. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
5. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)